OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

datgrundle wrote:
[user not found] wrote: I've yet to try Royal Farms - I will say based on the one location I visited this morning, I was not amused with the bathroom sanitation/condition.

I have heard good things about the chicken, :doe:

Also, Chipotle hits a particular spot for me after a ride. Just a massive bowl of fairly clean ingredients that's perfect for refueling the body.
Only thing I like about Royal Farms is the chicken sandwich they make. The rest of it is a subpar Wawa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I havent had anything besides their chicken and not sure I ever will...its dang good.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Alright boys, what do I eat for my cheat meal tonight? Michelle is out of town, so flying solo for this one. Initial thought is go grab a lean-ish steak like a petite sirloin or filet mignon and make a box of mac and cheese with some salad and fruit on the side.

Had considered going full :fatty: and crushing some fast food though. We have some options up here close by that I haven’t had in years like A&W, Arby’s, there’s a local/regional chain called Victorico’s for Mexican food that is :notbad: either.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

SAWCE wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 11:36 am Alright boys, what do I eat for my cheat meal tonight? Michelle is out of town, so flying solo for this one. Initial thought is go grab a lean-ish steak like a petite sirloin or filet mignon and make a box of mac and cheese with some salad and fruit on the side.

Had considered going full :fatty: and crushing some fast food though. We have some options up here close by that I haven’t had in years like A&W, Arby’s, there’s a local/regional chain called Victorico’s for Mexican food that is :notbad: either.
Voting steak, or grab a bunch of burger supplies and make a killer burger and home made fries?
SAWCE

Tar wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 1:49 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 11:36 am Alright boys, what do I eat for my cheat meal tonight? Michelle is out of town, so flying solo for this one. Initial thought is go grab a lean-ish steak like a petite sirloin or filet mignon and make a box of mac and cheese with some salad and fruit on the side.

Voting steak, or grab a bunch of burger supplies and make a killer burger and home made fries?
I considered the homemade burger route as well. Always a solid option. After I eat my current meal I’m gonna walk over to the grocery store and decide between burgers and steak based on the quality of their steaks.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Burger
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 2:21 pmBurger
Forgot to include with the burger route: We did homemade burgers 2-3 weeks ago and one of the packages of patties we bought was spoiled :( luckily I smelled it before I actually cooked them up.
SAWCE

Steaks looked better than the patties did. Ended up with two “small” top sirloin steaks. Grabbed some fresh garlic and rosemary too.
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Cheese

SAWCE wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 2:43 pm Steaks looked better than the patties did. Ended up with two “small” top sirloin steaks. Grabbed some fresh garlic and rosemary too.
:drool:

Sounds delicious.
Mk6 Jetta 1.8T with sketchy history (sold) -> :cheese:
IG: @cheesy_miata and @adeebsal
SAWCE

adoob wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 2:53 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 2:43 pm Steaks looked better than the patties did. Ended up with two “small” top sirloin steaks. Grabbed some fresh garlic and rosemary too.
:drool:

Sounds delicious.
I’m excited for it. They’re relatively thin, so I’ll get the cast iron nice and hot and get a good sear on them and they won’t need too much time to cook. Baste them in some butter with the garlic and rosemary in there and a little S&P on the steaks before going into the pan :chefskiss:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

We're going to be eating this Portuguese Peri-peri doused split chicken with creamy Alfredo pasta and a garden salad tonight.

Home made burgers, caesar salad, and watermelon for lunch earlier.

MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Tar wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 6:20 pm We're going to be eating this Portuguese Peri-peri doused split chicken with creamy Alfredo pasta and a garden salad tonight.

Yummmm
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tar wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 6:20 pm We're going to be eating this Portuguese Peri-peri doused split chicken with creamy Alfredo pasta and a garden salad tonight.

You are quite the pipe hittin :mahtroy: today.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 6:50 pm

You are quite the pipe hittin :mahtroy: today.
:iswydt: , thanks!
I was cooking today, and like to make stuff that I know the kids will eat, it was between fried and bbq chicken for dinner 😄
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 4:59 pm
max225 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:54 am

7-9? It’s basically $10.50-12 with guacamole and getting it without guacamole is a crime. When you double the chicken it’s near $15
$7-9 without guac or extra :meat:

I didn't get charged for extra meat yesterday, :doe:

:fuckyeah:

TBH, :doe: - Chipotle is pretty solid. Fairly clean eats, tastes good, and it's a solid go-to for a post ride recovery meal.

I could totally eat more Chipotle tonight.
I like chipotle. Solid eats.
SAWCE

This looks epic. I’ll take a seat at your table any time there’s an opening.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:22 pm

This looks epic. I’ll take a seat at your table any time there’s an opening.
You're always welcome brother!
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I know I'm late but I've had Arby's twice in the last 10 days and it's hit so hard both times.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:20 am

I know I'm late but I've had Arby's twice in the last 10 days and it's hit so hard both times.
I haven't been to an Arby's in at least 10 years.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:10 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:20 am

This echoes nearly all my friends who are in their 30's
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:15 am
:hai:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

They have good ads. What did you order?
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:46 am

The few ads I've seen just target the lowest common denominator

MEAT MEAT MEAT and a visual of a sandwich quadruple the size of one you'd actually get slapped together half assed by someone who hates you just for rolling into the drivethru.

I went to fast food once in the last 3 years. It was Wendy's and it was out of desperation because the wife was hangry. Chicken sandwich and fries. The fries tasted like they were made 3 days ago, left on the counter, and thrown in the microwave for 30 seconds when we ordered, and the sandwich was somhow worse. Wasn't sure if it was actually chicken or a white dish sponge that someone threw in the fryer last week and reheated yesterday (the sandwich was COLD). She ended up throwing half of it away because it was so gross, and we paid like $10 for the entire thing.

:nope:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

This time was just a roast beef, but their market fresh menu is actually pretty solid.

https://www.arbys.com/menu/market-fresh/
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:52 am

MEAT MEAT MEAT and a visual of a sandwich quadruple the size of one you'd actually get slapped together half assed by someone who hates you just for rolling into the drivethru.

I went to fast food once in the last 3 years. It was Wendy's and it was out of desperation because the wife was hangry. Chicken sandwich and fries. The fries tasted like they were made 3 days ago, left on the counter, and thrown in the microwave for 30 seconds when we ordered, and the sandwich was somhow worse. Wasn't sure if it was actually chicken or a white dish sponge that someone threw in the fryer last week and reheated yesterday (the sandwich was COLD). She ended up throwing half of it away because it was so gross, and we paid like $10 for the entire thing.

I find James Earl Jones saying "WE HAVE THE MEATS" to be compelling theater. The only time I have gotten food poisoning was at Wendy/s
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:06 am
Detroit wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:52 am

I find James Earl Jones saying "WE HAVE THE MEATS" to be compelling theater. The only time I have gotten food poisoning was at Wendy/s
:ohdang: I don't think I've seen ads with James Earl Jones (or maybe I just didn't know it). :notbad: