2022 :plac: life !

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:43 pm 4xe is a bold choice
Pink plug in hybrid Jeep?

:triggered: mobile.

It’s unlikely, but I think it’d be hilarious if I can make it happen.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:39 pm

You getting above sticker on the trade in ?
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:51 pm

I got 11% off MSRP at time of sale in Feb 2021.

Current offer is $2000 over MSRP.

Trying to get a $63k MSRP truck to replace the 52K one at the same lease payment with 0 out of pocket. I’m close, but either way I love the Chief truck and will buy out the lease when it’s done.
max225

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:59 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:51 pm

I got 11% off MSRP at time of sale in Feb 2021.

Current offer is $2000 over MSRP.

Trying to get a $63k MSRP truck to replace the 52K one at the same lease payment with 0 out of pocket. I’m close, but either way I love the Chief truck and will buy out the lease when it’s done.
Jeep :dillerman: with the above sticker offer ?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Hmmm :jelly:

I actually covet that spec, :tits: really wants pink. I prefer Bikini but could also get down with pink. I drive the Jeep solo from time to time and would love rolling up in a Barbie Machine. That said, $63K is a little rich for me. We have like $12-15K+ in :plac: profit in the :jeep: , probably will just keep for 10 years and then sell for original purchase price.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I also covet the 4Xe but it sounds like it's not really the best system. Still, most of the trips in it would be 100% EV which is cool. It normally just travels 10-20 miles/day.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:23 am I also covet the 4Xe but it sounds like it's not really the best system. Still, most of the trips in it would be 100% EV which is cool. It normally just travels 10-20 miles/day.
As long as the limited e range works for a situation, it's a fine system. The driveline hardware is straight from ZF, so not a ton of concern for durability. But the engineering teams had a ton of challenges getting the system driving right, so I'd expect random bugs or weird driving instances if getting into one of these. Also, leasing is probably smart on a 4xe. Battery durability is still an unknown, and we're not talking about Toyota levels of engineering quality.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I fucking love that pink color
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:15 am I fucking love that pink color
Yea, it's pretty awesome. I still think I prefer Bikini :doe: That teal is 5/7.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I just 'googled' it, that pink is cool! I don't think I could pull it off on my own but it's amazing to look at, very original.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:19 am
:dat: The pink is great for the :lolol: but I think Bikini is my preference outright.

Regardless, I'm not going to :troywax: on a new Beep Beep when we already have one that is now "cheap" relative to today's standards, may as well just keep it for the long haul. I just wish my wife would stop being :triggered: about 'how expensive it is' due to the payment and yet also refuses to just pay it off.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:27 am
:dat: The pink is great for the :lolol: but I think Bikini is my preference outright.

Regardless, I'm not going to :troywax: on a new Beep Beep when we already have one that is now "cheap" relative to today's standards, may as well just keep it for the long haul. I just wish my wife would stop being :triggered: about 'how expensive it is' due to the payment and yet also refuses to just pay it off.
:lolol:

If the interest is low enough, it makes sense to not pay it off. And I get it, parting with that much cash is tough.

The best thing you guys can do it keep it and run it into the ground. Even when it's in the ground it'll still be worth $10k.
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:27 am

Most people are unwilling to admit to themselves that a new 40k vehicle is about $700-800 a month to own.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I really like the blue accents on the 4xe with the pink, and the reverse would be great on Bikinki
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

I find the pink surprisingly :notbad:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:41 pm
I really like the blue accents on the 4xe with the pink, and the reverse would be great on Bikinki
Ah yes, the blue on pink would be :notbad:

I have some crazy internal :rage: stories about those fucking blue accents. Glad to see people like them.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:31 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:17 pm

I have some crazy internal :rage: stories about those fucking blue accents. Glad to see people like them.
Well, go on...
I try not to share too much at the risk of :whocares: , but this story...

Nothing gets planned at Stellanus. Only exec leadership can make decisions, even the most minute worthless decision can only be made by execs, and they kick the can down the road until the very last minute for...reasons. It was infuriating and absolutely not the way to develop new vehicles. We had been trying to put together a consolidated cross-vehicle plan for PHEV differentiation (All Jeep PHEVs get x, y, z elements), but my boss didn't care about that, so nothing was brought forward. PHEVs were assumed to look the same as non-PHEVs, aside from a 4x4e badge (4xe comes later).

Jeep got a new CEO from France before the PSA merger. The dude previously ran Infiniti into the ground, so he's a great choice to run Jeep. One of his first initiatives upon starting was reducing build complexity and parts. "Japenese do it, we can do". K brah. He had a particular hard on for badge complexity...and at Jeep every single trim got a badge with a different finish. Counting up the number of badges on a vehicle program resulted in hundreds of part numbers per vehicle. He called us "morons for letting design run amok" and demanded we cut the badge count to a quarter...a number as best we could tell was completely arbitrary. We spent a few months of back and forth with the design and engineering folks, got our badge counts down to where he'd be happy, and my boss goes in to present the plan to him (none of us working level people were allowed to interact with execs, obv.).

My boss comes back from the meeting and starts screaming at us. "THE PLAN WASN'T COMPLETE I LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT AND YOU PEOPLE MADE THIS HAPPEN UNBELIEVABLE :triggered: :rage: :triggered: " This was a weekly occurrence, so no big deal, but we had to figure out what wasn't complete and why our boss looked like an idiot (he would never tell us and left it up to us to figure it out I guess as penance?). There was one working level dude in exec meetings, basically the top guy's bag man who took notes. I asked the guy for notes from the meeting, and all the badge plan said was "where's blue badges?"

Blue badges? :wat: NO CLUE

The next day, I was eating lunch with my counterpart in global marketing, and I ask him about how things were going with the new Jeep guy (who he interacted with regularly). He tells me about a global marketing meeting where the brand manager for the middle east entirely by himself created a proposal for PHEVs using blue accents. He "designed" vehicles using PPT, communicated with nobody, took the proposal straight to the Jeep CEO, who said "sounds great, do it". The guy had no input in engineering or planning, and didn't tell anyone after the meeting was done. Compass PHEV (global markets) was launching in 3 months, JL PHEV was 6 months from launch, and WL PHEV was 10 months from launch. badges take 8-12 months to properly validate finishes (so they don't peel, fade, etc) and there's usually a few months for design and functional validation. There was no time to implement the plan.

I go back to my planning homies and tell them I solved the mystery of the blue badges. I showed them the PPT, we all had a good laugh, and started the ball rolling on blue badges.

The design team is the sole reason that company is successful, and they got some prototypes mocked up in record time. They roll them into the design dome and invite the Jeep head to take a look. My boss took all the credit to save his name after the badge meeting, I just happened to be in the design area for another meeting so snuck into the badge review. At the time, they were "4x4e". "4x4e" was the branding assumed years in advance, the JL PHEV even had a battery cover tooled up with the 4x4e logo embossed (I think they still might). The Jeep boss looks at the truck and says " who named it that?" Confusion set in and he pressed "it just sounds stupid 4x4e like we're not trying". Um, what? "We should call it 4xe" and he left. So the blue was good we guessed, and we had a new name. Neverminded that parts were tooled with the old name, including badges that we were scrapping anyway for the new blue theme. We rework our badge plan to fit in the new blue badges, and we're good right?

3 weeks later, my vehicle is scheduled for a design review...a new 2 row Grand Cherokee Trailhawk PHEV. Trailhawks have a bunch of red on them, so we switched it all to blue for our prototype and roll it into the design dome. I managed to sneak into this one too because the only part of my job I liked was working with design. Jeep head comes in, "this looks like a fucking parrot, are you blind" was his response. Confusion was normal, but this time the head of design spoke up and asked "what do you mean?". Turns out the red stitching on the seats clashed with the blue badges outside and made it "look like a parrot" to the head guy. "we need to change all the stitching to blue".

Holy shit, now we're talking about an all new interior for vehicles already being produced for early engineering validation. The guy was adamant that we needed to keep parts down, yet directly BLEW UP part complexity to add the blue shit (which is what we ended up calling it among us working peons). Just glad to see it was all worth it.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:59 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:14 pm

:dat:

:iono: I think it's pretty rare that the car guy within just dies entirely. You can stomp it down but it always comes back.
I've been trying to stamp it out but it keeps coming back, like a virus.

:realfax:
OOH! A new DFDmoji?

:realfax:
As opposed to :fax: ?
:fuckyeah: :lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:12 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:31 pm

Well, go on...
I try not to share too much at the risk of :whocares: , but this story...

Nothing gets planned at Stellanus. Only exec leadership can make decisions, even the most minute worthless decision can only be made by execs, and they kick the can down the road until the very last minute for...reasons. It was infuriating and absolutely not the way to develop new vehicles. We had been trying to put together a consolidated cross-vehicle plan for PHEV differentiation (All Jeep PHEVs get x, y, z elements), but my boss didn't care about that, so nothing was brought forward. PHEVs were assumed to look the same as non-PHEVs, aside from a 4x4e badge (4xe comes later).

Jeep got a new CEO from France before the PSA merger. The dude previously ran Infiniti into the ground, so he's a great choice to run Jeep. One of his first initiatives upon starting was reducing build complexity and parts. "Japenese do it, we can do". K brah. He had a particular hard on for badge complexity...and at Jeep every single trim got a badge with a different finish. Counting up the number of badges on a vehicle program resulted in hundreds of part numbers per vehicle. He called us "morons for letting design run amok" and demanded we cut the badge count to a quarter...a number as best we could tell was completely arbitrary. We spent a few months of back and forth with the design and engineering folks, got our badge counts down to where he'd be happy, and my boss goes in to present the plan to him (none of us working level people were allowed to interact with execs, obv.).

My boss comes back from the meeting and starts screaming at us. "THE PLAN WASN'T COMPLETE I LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT AND YOU PEOPLE MADE THIS HAPPEN UNBELIEVABLE :triggered: :rage: :triggered: " This was a weekly occurrence, so no big deal, but we had to figure out what wasn't complete and why our boss looked like an idiot (he would never tell us and left it up to us to figure it out I guess as penance?). There was one working level dude in exec meetings, basically the top guy's bag man who took notes. I asked the guy for notes from the meeting, and all the badge plan said was "where's blue badges?"

Blue badges? :wat: NO CLUE

The next day, I was eating lunch with my counterpart in global marketing, and I ask him about how things were going with the new Jeep guy (who he interacted with regularly). He tells me about a global marketing meeting where the brand manager for the middle east entirely by himself created a proposal for PHEVs using blue accents. He "designed" vehicles using PPT, communicated with nobody, took the proposal straight to the Jeep CEO, who said "sounds great, do it". The guy had no input in engineering or planning, and didn't tell anyone after the meeting was done. Compass PHEV (global markets) was launching in 3 months, JL PHEV was 6 months from launch, and WL PHEV was 10 months from launch. badges take 8-12 months to properly validate finishes (so they don't peel, fade, etc) and there's usually a few months for design and functional validation. There was no time to implement the plan.

I go back to my planning homies and tell them I solved the mystery of the blue badges. I showed them the PPT, we all had a good laugh, and started the ball rolling on blue badges.

The design team is the sole reason that company is successful, and they got some prototypes mocked up in record time. They roll them into the design dome and invite the Jeep head to take a look. My boss took all the credit to save his name after the badge meeting, I just happened to be in the design area for another meeting so snuck into the badge review. At the time, they were "4x4e". "4x4e" was the branding assumed years in advance, the JL PHEV even had a battery cover tooled up with the 4x4e logo embossed (I think they still might). The Jeep boss looks at the truck and says " who named it that?" Confusion set in and he pressed "it just sounds stupid 4x4e like we're not trying". Um, what? "We should call it 4xe" and he left. So the blue was good we guessed, and we had a new name. Neverminded that parts were tooled with the old name, including badges that we were scrapping anyway for the new blue theme. We rework our badge plan to fit in the new blue badges, and we're good right?

3 weeks later, my vehicle is scheduled for a design review...a new 2 row Grand Cherokee Trailhawk PHEV. Trailhawks have a bunch of red on them, so we switched it all to blue for our prototype and roll it into the design dome. I managed to sneak into this one too because the only part of my job I liked was working with design. Jeep head comes in, "this looks like a fucking parrot, are you blind" was his response. Confusion was normal, but this time the head of design spoke up and asked "what do you mean?". Turns out the red stitching on the seats clashed with the blue badges outside and made it "look like a parrot" to the head guy. "we need to change all the stitching to blue".

Holy shit, now we're talking about an all new interior for vehicles already being produced for early engineering validation. The guy was adamant that we needed to keep parts down, yet directly BLEW UP part complexity to add the blue shit (which is what we ended up calling it among us working peons). Just glad to see it was all worth it.
:mindblown: levels of :disgust: right there.
No wonder you're so glad to have gotten out of there.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I think it's just large corp :bs: honestly... I really can't complain as I work at a very good place that has treated me well. For the most part I'm surrounded by good people. Our CEO seems cool and down to earth from what I can tell. But I have noticed, the bigger we've gotten, the more :bs: that seems to come up.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:41 pm

ORLY

:waiting:

NEVERMIND
wap

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:27 pm

ORLY

:waiting:

NEVERMIND
:zing:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:46 pm I think it's just large corp :bs: honestly... I really can't complain as I work at a very good place that has treated me well. For the most part I'm surrounded by good people. Our CEO seems cool and down to earth from what I can tell. But I have noticed, the bigger we've gotten, the more :bs: that seems to come up.
I worked for GM too, an even larger corp. SO MUCH BETTER in terms of culture, engineering, and planning. Night and day.

I'll never own another Stellanus product again, and can't recommend them in good conscious knowing how they're developed.

I'd consider another GM product.
Desertbreh

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:50 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:46 pm I think it's just large corp :bs: honestly... I really can't complain as I work at a very good place that has treated me well. For the most part I'm surrounded by good people. Our CEO seems cool and down to earth from what I can tell. But I have noticed, the bigger we've gotten, the more :bs: that seems to come up.
I worked for GM too, an even larger corp. SO MUCH BETTER in terms of culture, engineering, and planning. Night and day.

I'll never own another Stellanus product again, and can't recommend them in good conscious knowing how they're developed.

Duh dood. They have anus in their name.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:42 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:50 pm

Duh dood. They have anus in their name.
:amazing: there goes the coffee