OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:53 pm
wap wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:32 pm

Well, one of the big reasons for lockdowns is to keep the hospitals from being overcrowded, but if Omicron symptoms keep being as mild as they have been, thus lessening ER visits, then that is one major lockdown reason that is obsolete. :iono:
According to (very tired) friends of mine who work in hospitals, it's not looking so good.

But hey, they're just anecdotal accounts from people who aren't engineers. So :iono:
I've heard similar. I think there is a far lower percentage of positive individuals requiring hospitalization, but the number of those sick with the 'VID is just so high, it's still overloading the hospitals.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Just found out my dad and youngest sister have the Vid as well. They travelled for Christmas and must have got it then. Both are over the worst of it, possibly Omicron since they said they only had cold-like symptoms.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:06 pm Dang, my dad tested positive. Got a booster last month. Symptoms are almost identical to mine. :impressive:
My parents both got it in the past week, they are vaxxed/boosted but also 68/65, they are :thisisfine:

They claim they must've gotten it at my sister's on Christmas, but no one else (including :tits: and I) seems to have picked it up.

:iono:
SAWCE

rockchops wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:42 pm
wap wrote:
Interesting. Hadn't heard of :poop: issues before. Did you have a similar experience with your first shots?
i literally just got my shot so :poop: was unrelated. I just hope my immune system isnt overtaxed with either covid or something else + shot. The first couple shots i ran a low fever and kinda general things associated with that (chills, headache, fatigue) but nothing too bad.
Michelle and I were both sick a few weeks ago and she got her booster shot while she was sick and it made her cold way way worse and last much longer than mine did. Hope you're just feeling down from the show and aren't actually sick along with it.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:53 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:06 pm Dang, my dad tested positive. Got a booster last month. Symptoms are almost identical to mine. :impressive:
My parents both got it in the past week, they are vaxxed/boosted but also 68/65, they are :thisisfine:

They claim they must've gotten it at my sister's on Christmas, but no one else (including :tits: and I) seems to have picked it up.

Dad is vaxxed, not sure about boosted, but similar boat at 62 this April.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

rockchops wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:42 pm
wap wrote:
Interesting. Hadn't heard of :poop: issues before. Did you have a similar experience with your first shots?
i literally just got my shot so :poop: was unrelated. I just hope my immune system isnt overtaxed with either covid or something else + shot. The first couple shots i ran a low fever and kinda general things associated with that (chills, headache, fatigue) but nothing too bad.
Got it.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:52 pm Just found out my dad and youngest sister have the Vid as well. They travelled for Christmas and must have got it then. Both are over the worst of it, possibly Omicron since they said they only had cold-like symptoms.
Man, these reports just keep coming. Glad they're on the mend.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

My dad's 69 :hue: and in fantastic shape. I doubt he'll have any issues.

He goes all over the place ZFG, especially since he got a booster a few weeks ago. Who knows where het got it from, but he doesn't seem to be concerned at all.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

Hey friends! Thought I'd drop in, I've been working a ton. Hospitals are full, staffing is short (because staff are getting sick, and also sick of working), and the patients keep coming in. A large portion of our patients come in for covid, a smaller portion of those get admitted, but the ones that do are very sick.

I had an 11 year old girl who had covid a few weeks ago, but then developed MIS-C, an inflammatory syndrome that is coming up in kids after a covid infection and makes them way way sicker than the covid did.
Also had a lady that developed massive clots in her lungs, she almost died in front of me because she rolled to her side and it cut off blood supply to her lungs... they wanted to transfer her to another hospital for a thrombectomy but every ICU in the area is full (with a lot of covid patients on vents) and no one could accept her. Had to tell her family that she may die while waiting for this procedure.

Anyway, glad to hear you guys and most people you know that have had covid seem to be doing well. Just wanted to share that covid is causing all kinds of problems beyond just cold/flu symptoms. More people are infected than ever before, please get vaccinated/boosted, wear your mask and wash your hands! I feel like so many people are getting lax on that (I'm guilty myself) but now is the time to get back into those habits!
Also, pretty please don't go to your local ER for a test or any other problem that can wait until urgent care or your doctor's office.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

haleyann wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:54 am Hey friends! Thought I'd drop in, I've been working a ton. Hospitals are full, staffing is short (because staff are getting sick, and also sick of working), and the patients keep coming in. A large portion of our patients come in for covid, a smaller portion of those get admitted, but the ones that do are very sick.

I had an 11 year old girl who had covid a few weeks ago, but then developed MIS-C, an inflammatory syndrome that is coming up in kids after a covid infection and makes them way way sicker than the covid did.
Also had a lady that developed massive clots in her lungs, she almost died in front of me because she rolled to her side and it cut off blood supply to her lungs... they wanted to transfer her to another hospital for a thrombectomy but every ICU in the area is full (with a lot of covid patients on vents) and no one could accept her. Had to tell her family that she may die while waiting for this procedure.

Anyway, glad to hear you guys and most people you know that have had covid seem to be doing well. Just wanted to share that covid is causing all kinds of problems beyond just cold/flu symptoms. More people are infected than ever before, please get vaccinated/boosted, wear your mask and wash your hands! I feel like so many people are getting lax on that (I'm guilty myself) but now is the time to get back into those habits!
Also, pretty please don't go to your local ER for a test or any other problem that can wait until urgent care or your doctor's office.
I'm sure teh enjuhneer will have a link telling you how you are misinformed.

Hang in there. Hopefully things will subside soon.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:00 pm

He goes all over the place ZFG, especially since he got a booster a few weeks ago. Who knows where het got it from, but he doesn't seem to be concerned at all.
It's funny, my parents don't really do much running around. My dad is boosted but :aintcare: and pretty much thinks it's an overblown liberal thing, but at least he believes in :science: / vaccines. My mom is a bit over the top psychotic about COVID and pretty frequently on a pedestal about everything, I'm kind of surprised all of this :bs: hasn't ended their marriage TBH, my dad is pretty far right leaning although fortunately not a full on MAGA type, just very conservative. Mom is extreme right and talks about politics 24/7 and constantly rants at my dad about not wearing his mask and shit. Meanwhile he is kind of getting senile and just forgets that the 'VID is a thing regularly.

:ohwell: they seem to be just fine. I guess everyone is going to get the 'cron and then hopefully we can all stop obsessing over this so much.

If/when I get it I'm just going to stay the eff home and hope it doesn't get so bad that I have to go to a hospital.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:33 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:00 pm

It's funny, my parents don't really do much running around. My dad is boosted but :aintcare: and pretty much thinks it's an overblown liberal thing, but at least he believes in :science: / vaccines. My mom is a bit over the top psychotic about COVID and pretty frequently on a pedestal about everything, I'm kind of surprised all of this :bs: hasn't ended their marriage TBH, my dad is pretty far right leaning although fortunately not a full on MAGA type, just very conservative. Mom is extreme right and talks about politics 24/7 and constantly rants at my dad about not wearing his mask and shit. Meanwhile he is kind of getting senile and just forgets that the 'VID is a thing regularly.

:ohwell: they seem to be just fine. I guess everyone is going to get the 'cron and then hopefully we can all stop obsessing over this so much.

If/when I get it I'm just going to stay the eff home and hope it doesn't get so bad that I have to go to a hospital.
I'm on day 4, and the entire thing feels like a traditional illness backwards for me.

Today I've got the most congestion yet, with a sore throat and runny nose. I can still breathe well, and there's nothing in my chest so no cough or anything. GENERALLY, this is my first sign of getting sick, but this go round seems to be the end? Chills and aches are gone, headache hasn't been back since Tuesday morning.

We got 10" of snow last night, I just went out and cleared it, which is quite a bit of physical labor and I did it fine. Still feel fine now, just a bit fatigued.

I very likely might not have COVID, just some weird ass cold that I've never had before. If this is COVID, it's really been NBD for me. Vax, vitamins, and eating decent likely help a lot.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

haleyann wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:54 am Hey friends! Thought I'd drop in, I've been working a ton. Hospitals are full, staffing is short (because staff are getting sick, and also sick of working), and the patients keep coming in. A large portion of our patients come in for covid, a smaller portion of those get admitted, but the ones that do are very sick.

:hai: Haley!
Please show us your engineering degree so we can take you seriously.

:trollface:

BTW, how's the Fiata doing?
ChrisoftheNorth

Going back downhill again, spoke too soon. Aches, chills are back, as is a dull headache.

Fun.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:17 pm Going back downhill again, spoke too soon. Aches, chills are back, as is a dull headache.

Fun.
Probably should not have gone to clear that snow. Just take it easy bro.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

razr390 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:31 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:17 pm Going back downhill again, spoke too soon. Aches, chills are back, as is a dull headache.

Fun.
:dat:
Hope you come around soon. Keep us posted.
ChrisoftheNorth

Fun.
Not an option. We'd be snowed in for a LONG time, getting another 3-5" today. 15" of snow is a lot harder to clear than 10". Temps are below freezing for the foreseeable future, so it's not going anywhere and I can't ignore it.

We've gotten no snow all year, and of course the first major accumulation is when I feel like :poop:
razr390

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:43 pm
Not an option. We'd be snowed in for a LONG time, getting another 3-5" today. 15" of snow is a lot harder to clear than 10". Temps are below freezing for the foreseeable future, so it's not going anywhere and I can't ignore it.

We've gotten no snow all year, and of course the first major accumulation is when I feel like :poop:
Get Michelle to earn that 4R and let her move some of nature’s cocaine too
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:33 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:43 pm

It's Michele :bruh: , get your :tits: right.
razr390

D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:39 pm
razr390 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:33 pm

Ur right my bad
wap

There's an "L" of a difference between the :tits:
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:47 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:39 pm

Ur right my bad
:lolol:

She's out there with me, but starting to feel pretty crappy too. Seems we're sharing the same illness, whatever it is.

I tend to be a bit more of a tank when it comes to powering through illness, so it'll be on me to keep the house going.

Just :ayfkm: that I really enjoy the snow, and would have loved this LAST week when I was feeling fine and had time to play in it. But right now, it's just a massive drain.
Desertbreh

wap wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:04 pm There's an "L" of a difference between the :tits:
:amazing:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

wap wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:32 am

The fiata is a bit of a garage queen right now, weather has been too cold and wet to enjoy it. My boyfriend just complained that I never take him out in it lol
wap

haleyann wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:57 pm
wap wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:32 am

The fiata is a bit of a garage queen right now, weather has been too cold and wet to enjoy it. My boyfriend just complained that I never take him out in it lol
:(

It can be driven in the rain and cold...