OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: CHEESE

wap wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:30 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:23 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Got booster timing :wrong: , but otherwise, :notbad:
I got mine last month no problemo
2010 Audi TT APR Stg1 (sold) >> 2012 BMW 335i FBO (sold) >> 2009 Miata zoom-zoom spec "Cheese" (sold) >> 2022 Hyundai Elantra N + 1999 Miata Maacover Project
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

wap wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:31 pm
RLWake wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:25 pm :tits: and I caught the rona :angry:

No matter how careful you are with masks or how boosted you are… nobody seems to care anymore at the grocery store. And yet it feels like EVERYONE is turning up sick around here… the cases really are spiking like mad.
Fuck.

How you feeling?
Me? Like a moderately cold. Grateful that I can work from home.

Megan? Miserable. About like a good bout of flu. She’s got her vaccines, so I’m going to be grateful that it’s not much, much worse. The main things are the sore throat, the headache, the body aches, and nausea for her.

It’s UNBELIEVABLY hard to get a covid test around here. Appointments are 3 days out and walk ins are a 4-5 hour line. Thanks Desantis :pussy:
2010 Audi TT APR Stg1 (sold) >> 2012 BMW 335i FBO (sold) >> 2009 Miata zoom-zoom spec "Cheese" (sold) >> 2022 Hyundai Elantra N + 1999 Miata Maacover Project
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

RLWake wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:31 pm

At least now you'll enjoy real antibodies and know exactly what this virus really is. Talked to a hardcore pro vax neighbor today, he got the 'cron and recovered and now he's singing a totally different tune! :amazing: mindset transformation in this guy.
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Where we’ll be in 2-3 years, it feels like
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Me too, back in early November.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tar wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:37 pm

At least now you'll enjoy real antibodies and know exactly what this virus really is. Talked to a hardcore pro vax neighbor today, he got the 'cron and recovered and now he's singing a totally different tune! :amazing: mindset transformation in this guy.
Why?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:13 pm
Tar wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:37 pm

Why?
He's not scared anymore, so now he thinks that the politicians are way overreacting with new lockdown measures. We have a full no restaurant, no school, no gym lockdown in effect thanks to Omicron.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

rockchops wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:40 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote:
I'm sorry where does your wife work again? I forget sir. I'm a measly peasant Bachelor of Science after all mr pot.
I am firmly in the "let the scientists do their job" camp in the same way I am not going to watch a youtube video and explain how your cad drawings are all wrong (or respectively, whatever you do day to day).
Skills are transferable. People learn new shit. I've forgotten more math than most people ever learn. I really hate it when people try to put everyone in a neat little box. Typical liberal thinking IMHO; admittedly a vast overgeneralization to be sure.

"because you are an engineer that means you are not an electrician"
"Because you are XZY you can't have an opinion about ABC"

This appeal to authority is stupid. When PHIZER while publishing its data to the fda, which I might add is in the most favorable light possible because you know, money, has a table showing kids are at equal risk from AE's from the vaccine as they are from covid, I don't need an expert in any field to make that call for me.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:23 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:15 pm Bring back even more restrictive lock downs because things are spiraling out of control while still blaming unvaccinated (Holidays 21)
Continue to egg on the population against eachother instead of admitting that early prevention in (Jun/July and admittance that vaccines are infective should have resulted in more lock downs). (Nov>Dec 21)
Booster shot availability for the rich/famous/politicians (December 21)
Peak variant and subsequent declines due to everyone having had it + vaccines (dec-March)
Booster shot availability for the common man (March 2022)
Back to normal for 2 months
New variant and rinse and repeat

That's my 12 month outlook
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The exact timing was off but wow that has proven to be an incredibly accurate series of events. :notbad:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

RLWake wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:34 pm Image

..... and what have we learned? Now go dig out your 10th grade bio book and read the chapter on viruses.

Going to take the 4th one too after reading that chapter?
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Tar wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:30 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:13 pm

Why?
He's not scared anymore, so now he thinks that the politicians are way overreacting with new lockdown measures. We have a full no restaurant, no school, no gym lockdown in effect thanks to Omicron.
annndddd this is going to happen everywhere and this is over by the end of February.
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:25 am I really hate it when people try to put everyone in a neat little box.
But then...
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:25 am Typical liberal thinking IMHO; admittedly a vast overgeneralization to be sure.
Bruh, the contradiction is hilarious.

"I hate it when people generalize, then immediately generalizes people."

Words man, do you understand how they work?
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Melon wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:57 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:25 am I really hate it when people try to put everyone in a neat little box.
But then...
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:25 am Typical liberal thinking IMHO; admittedly a vast overgeneralization to be sure.

I don't know Alan, did you bother to read & comprehend the rest of the sentence? Its that last part you seem to be struggling with, the comprehension. :rolleyes:
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

And to be clear I'm not saying that you're automatically unable to be informed, just that the qualifier "I'm an engineer" isn't an automatic qualification to be an EXPERT or speak with authority on every subject.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:08 am
Melon wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:57 am

But then...

I don't know Alan, did you bother to read & comprehend the rest of the sentence? Its that last part you seem to be struggling with, the comprehension. :rolleyes:
I call you out for being an idiot and you spew nonsense.
It's the Guillot playbook.

You do you boo.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Headaches and sweats didn't return last night, and zero fever. Just a lot of whole-body achiness and soreness. Congestion popped up a bit, I woke up with a scratchy throat, but can still breathe 100%. I slept most of the night, which felt great.

Last night and this morning feel 100% like a normal cold. If it weren't for my first night of headache, sweats, and weirdness, I'd assume I just have/d a cold.

Which if I do actually have COVID, makes this potentially dangerous AF because I'd just go about my normal life doing whatever feeling this way and spread it around to all without knowing.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Melon wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:10 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:08 am

I call you out for being an idiot and you spew nonsense.
It's the Guillot playbook.

You do you boo.
No Alan. It's right there. I state its my opinion, and admit its an overgeneralization. You are just looking for reasons to justify your dislike of me, of which you have plenty apparently.

Add to the list, I don't care I as do not seek your approval.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:17 am Headaches and sweats didn't return last night, and zero fever. Just a lot of whole-body achiness and soreness. Congestion popped up a bit, I woke up with a scratchy throat, but can still breathe 100%. I slept most of the night, which felt great.

Last night and this morning feel 100% like a normal cold. If it weren't for my first night of headache, sweats, and weirdness, I'd assume I just have/d a cold.

Which if I do actually have COVID, makes this potentially dangerous AF because I'd just go about my normal life doing whatever feeling this way and spread it around to all without knowing.
Good to hear you are feeling better, hope the trend continues for you.
brain go brrrrrr
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:17 am Headaches and sweats didn't return last night, and zero fever. Just a lot of whole-body achiness and soreness. Congestion popped up a bit, I woke up with a scratchy throat, but can still breathe 100%. I slept most of the night, which felt great.

Sounds right, at least you'll enjoy real antibodies once this is done.

We really enjoyed ourselves in public settings once we got over the VID, ZFG about catching or transferring it.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Tar wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:49 am

Sounds right, at least you'll enjoy real antibodies once this is done.

We really enjoyed ourselves in public settings once we got over the VID, ZFG about catching or transferring it.
Assuming I have it, yep.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Is the levy breaking?

Mainstream people, not just conspiracy theorists getting pissed now.
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:30 am
RLWake wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:34 pm Image

..... and what have we learned? Now go dig out your 10th grade bio book and read the chapter on viruses.

Alright mate don’t go insulting my intelligence it’s a MEME.

Fuck off with that.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
rockchops wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:40 pm I am firmly in the "let the scientists do their job" camp in the same way I am not going to watch a youtube video and explain how your cad drawings are all wrong (or respectively, whatever you do day to day).
Skills are transferable. People learn new shit. I've forgotten more math than most people ever learn. I really hate it when people try to put everyone in a neat little box. Typical liberal thinking IMHO; admittedly a vast overgeneralization to be sure.

"because you are an engineer that means you are not an electrician"
"Because you are XZY you can't have an opinion about ABC"

This appeal to authority is stupid. When PHIZER while publishing its data to the fda, which I might add is in the most favorable light possible because you know, money, has a table showing kids are at equal risk from AE's from the vaccine as they are from covid, I don't need an expert in any field to make that call for me.
Nothing wrong with learning new things, we all should do that. Just dont let it continue to inflate your (already apparently massive) ego. There is a huge difference between listening to a podcast series and doing in depth, hands on research for 15 years.

You should inform the FDA that their widely audited and reviewed processes are wrong. Better yet, include the tens or hundreds of thousands of scientists and researchers worldwide who have dedicated their lives to developing new effective treatments.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

RLWake wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:30 am ..... and what have we learned? Now go dig out your 10th grade bio book and read the chapter on viruses.

Alright mate don’t go insulting my intelligence it’s a MEME.

Fuck off with that.
You must be new here