OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:48 am
Tarspin wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:32 pm They should really try to rework these vaccines to work better, no other vaccine stops working after six months. I'm not impressed.
My wife informed me yesterday that she wants to wait to get a booster shot because of this. She thinks they're going to improve it to make it last longer in the future. :yeahok: Her anti-vax family is getting to her. I'll probably go get a booster on my own because I've already started the cocktail, why stop now?

The thing is, these vaccines are being developed by for profit corps that get paid on each vaccine, so it's in their best financial interest to require more shots. Further, I'm sure it makes it "safer" to be less potent or whatever, so instead of one or two real strong things that could hurt more people but last longer, they just require more weaker ones, which is a win/win for everyone kind of.
I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if they do indeed get better, work longer, become more effective, etc. over time. Technology always marches forward, medical and otherwise.

That said, it's the best we have now, and getting boosters certainly isn't unprecedented. Things like flu shots and tetanus shots have long required multiple doses. No ragrets on getting the booster for now, despite the day of feeling pretty crummy. Especially with these new variants, I'd rather be as protected as I can so I can get out and live my life.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:43 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:48 am
My wife informed me yesterday that she wants to wait to get a booster shot because of this. She thinks they're going to improve it to make it last longer in the future. :yeahok: Her anti-vax family is getting to her. I'll probably go get a booster on my own because I've already started the cocktail, why stop now?

The thing is, these vaccines are being developed by for profit corps that get paid on each vaccine, so it's in their best financial interest to require more shots. Further, I'm sure it makes it "safer" to be less potent or whatever, so instead of one or two real strong things that could hurt more people but last longer, they just require more weaker ones, which is a win/win for everyone kind of.
I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if they do indeed get better, work longer, become more effective, etc. over time. Technology always marches forward, medical and otherwise.

That said, it's the best we have now, and getting boosters certainly isn't unprecedented. Things like flu shots and tetanus shots have long required multiple doses. No ragrets on getting the booster for now, despite the day of feeling pretty crummy. Especially with these new variants, I'd rather be as protected as I can so I can get out and live my life.
Of course it'll get better, but to wait for that just seems stupid. She's going to be travelling around next week for work and visiting family, so I'm expecting a COVID christmas in our house, I can't get a booster in December unfortunately.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

I'll just leave this here.

https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/vac ... s-under-60
Vaccinated English adults under 60 are dying at twice the rate of unvaccinated people the same age
https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/the ... d/comments
The English data on vaccines and mortality, revisited

https://www.sabhlokcity.com/2021/09/the ... -mandates/
told you so?

https://aaronsiri.substack.com/p/the-ob ... l-immunity
https://aaronsiri.substack.com/p/fda-il ... er-vaccine

https://aaronsiri.substack.com/p/study- ... cation-for
This one is important...the (mRNA) vaccine appears to have negative efficacy as time goes on.

To those with kids: I beg you, do some reading. Especially in boys and young men, there are real risks with this mRNA vaccine. This is a group that has effectively zero covid risk. At least do an antigen test beforehand; your kids probably already had it at this point and natural immunity is better than vaccine immunity for every virus we have ever encountered since viruses were discovered and we devised vaccines to fight them.
[user not found] wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:14 am So yes, I'll continue calling it horse cum, because the feeble-minded masses are eating it and believing that an anti-parasitic paste is an effective weapon against a virus.
You are stupid. As webster's puts it, "having or showing a great lack of intelligence or common sense." You've just admitted it by not just being ignorant, but willfully so. I'd cite actual facts, but you are so brainwashed it won't matter. Sad. You could have been an intelligent, contributing member of society but instead wash cars or cut grass or whatever forgettable shit you are up to these days; that would be acceptable if you were going Galt. Alas, your mind has no value because you have allowed it to be erased by letting others do the thinking for you.

Perhaps I'll check in in 6 more months to see if DFD has become an entirely enclosed groupthink bubble. Merry Christmas to those I consider worthy of the greeting; you know who you are.
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

razr390 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:55 am I am not anti-vax, as I’ve had the Pfizer cocktail. I am a bit hesitant on the booster and waiting to see what Pfizer says regarding efficacy against the newest strain.

However what I will say is this:

1. We STILL don’t know the origin, or maybe some people do and don’t want to talk about it. This would help understand how the virus “spreads” above all else.
2. What are true alternatives to vaccines in the form of treatment? Without getting on this “train”, there have been two stories (Joe Rohan and Aaron Rodgers) that got COVID, weren’t vaxx’d and they used the same cocktails the government gave POTUS (Trump) back when he was diagnosed.

Aside from the possibility of it being expensive for most people (monoclonal antibodies, horse cum, etc). Why aren’t there published studies in the effectiveness of these medications as treatments? I am not asking from a :caspian: standpoint but rather a standpoint of someone who may be allergic to the ingredients in the vaccine. Don’t they deserve some alternatives if they are effective?

Trump, Rogan, Rodgers all got better within days of contracting covid. You could argue that Rogan and Rodgers are healthier, but Trump was a fat old slob and he still got better quick.

It just seems like everywhere you turn everyone just says “VAX VAX VAX” like they’re some sort of NPC on a loop.

I think this forum is open minded for the best, but being open minded means you also don’t just swallow a pill and never open the book again.

Society at large needs to know:

1. Vaccine efficacy (HONEST NUMBERS)
2. Alternative treatments and medications that can help treat COVID when diagnosed OR help reduce symptoms beforehand.

The problem is this: politicians and mass media have backed themselves into a hypocritical corner. Nobody trusts the institutions and in the barebones definition of freedom it is their right to do so.

People are just tired. In this modern day of social media we see it’s not just in this country. There are protests and riots in most western capitalist civilizations (Europe, Australia, etc) over lockdowns mandates etc.

:iono:
:butwhy: would you skip over a simple, cheap/free, available way to prevent sickness entirely just because a series of treatments accessible by some rich dudes exists?

Sure, I could also skip my flu vaccine, I know that I am a pretty healthy, fit, young person, and I also have insurance and money. So sure, even if I get a horrible case of the flu, I can beat it. BUT, I can spend no money, 30 minutes of time (including travel) getting shots, and feel crappy for one day to avoid all of that. Even with my insurance/high paying job, if I get hospitalized for flu or COVID, I am paying out the fucking ass and miserable for multiple days. I also run the risk of infecting my family, friends, healthcare workers.

That is sort of like saying "why use a condom when abortion exists?"
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:06 pm
razr390 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:55 am I am not anti-vax, as I’ve had the Pfizer cocktail. I am a bit hesitant on the booster and waiting to see what Pfizer says regarding efficacy against the newest strain.

However what I will say is this:

1. We STILL don’t know the origin, or maybe some people do and don’t want to talk about it. This would help understand how the virus “spreads” above all else.
2. What are true alternatives to vaccines in the form of treatment? Without getting on this “train”, there have been two stories (Joe Rohan and Aaron Rodgers) that got COVID, weren’t vaxx’d and they used the same cocktails the government gave POTUS (Trump) back when he was diagnosed.

Aside from the possibility of it being expensive for most people (monoclonal antibodies, horse cum, etc). Why aren’t there published studies in the effectiveness of these medications as treatments? I am not asking from a :caspian: standpoint but rather a standpoint of someone who may be allergic to the ingredients in the vaccine. Don’t they deserve some alternatives if they are effective?

Trump, Rogan, Rodgers all got better within days of contracting covid. You could argue that Rogan and Rodgers are healthier, but Trump was a fat old slob and he still got better quick.

It just seems like everywhere you turn everyone just says “VAX VAX VAX” like they’re some sort of NPC on a loop.

I think this forum is open minded for the best, but being open minded means you also don’t just swallow a pill and never open the book again.

Society at large needs to know:

1. Vaccine efficacy (HONEST NUMBERS)
2. Alternative treatments and medications that can help treat COVID when diagnosed OR help reduce symptoms beforehand.

The problem is this: politicians and mass media have backed themselves into a hypocritical corner. Nobody trusts the institutions and in the barebones definition of freedom it is their right to do so.

People are just tired. In this modern day of social media we see it’s not just in this country. There are protests and riots in most western capitalist civilizations (Europe, Australia, etc) over lockdowns mandates etc.

:iono:
:butwhy: would you skip over a simple, cheap/free, available way to prevent sickness entirely just because a series of treatments accessible by some rich dudes exists?

Sure, I could also skip my flu vaccine, I know that I am a pretty healthy, fit, young person, and I also have insurance and money. So sure, even if I get a horrible case of the flu, I can beat it. BUT, I can spend no money, 30 minutes of time (including travel) getting shots, and feel crappy for one day to avoid all of that. Even with my insurance/high paying job, if I get hospitalized for flu or COVID, I am paying out the fucking ass and miserable for multiple days. I also run the risk of infecting my family, friends, healthcare workers.

That is sort of like saying "why use a condom when abortion exists?"
This is exactly how I see it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:17 pm
I see that your time in isolation (both in real life and on the internet)
Why don't you ask your friends? We've been really busy making new ones. My better half informed me that she was recently unfollowed by several people in your friend group; I suspect they could no longer stand to see us making a good life for ourselves in the community on the socials. That's a shame for those folks, I guess.

Anyway since you asked, I've been out spreading covid and money all over the greater Knoxville area with friends both new and old. It's been a great summer and fall.
[user not found] wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:17 pm
Don’t you have some yellow lines to cross on bald secondhand tires somewhere, you insufferable misogynistic twat?
Really? Same tired joke about lines used tires? Why don't you ask Alan about the used 200tw Bridgestone tire game, he knows.

Also, personal attacks. You are a sad little man.
brain go brrrrrr
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:popcorn:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:04 pm You are stupid. As webster's puts it, "having or showing a great lack of intelligence or common sense." You've just admitted it by not just being ignorant, but willfully so. I'd cite actual facts, but you are so brainwashed it won't matter. Sad. You could have been an intelligent, contributing member of society but instead wash cars or cut grass or whatever forgettable shit you are up to these days; that would be acceptable if you were going Galt. Alas, your mind has no value because you have allowed it to be erased by letting others do the thinking for you.

Perhaps I'll check in in 6 more months to see if DFD has become an entirely enclosed groupthink bubble. Merry Christmas to those I consider worthy of the greeting; you know who you are.
You can promptly go fuck yourself for that remark.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Arg :( too bad this turned personal quick. I did post a link that got ignored, but this is always a highly politicized topic from both sides. Being in the "center" where I perceive myself to be on this matter, draws fire from both sides also.

My anti vax buddy just got a fever and came down with something. Will be interesting to see what he came down with. Will update soon. But I came down with 2 different things this year already... "not covid" though which is weird AF.
Last edited by max225 on Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:08 pm Arg :( too bad this turned personal quick. I did post a link that got ignored, but this is always a highly politicized topic from both sides. Being in the "center" where I perceive myself to be on this matter, draws fire from both sides also.

My anti vax buddy just got a fever and came down with something. Will be interesting to see what he came down with. Will update soon. But I came down with 2 different things this year already... "not covid" though which is weird AF.
I had two things this year as well, both presented like covid-lite, but my wife had the first one checked with a covid swab test and it came back negative. There is enough inter-mingling to think that the common cold/flu will make it's way around, mask or no mask protocols.

Also, I think that the beef above is an old rivalry... 'VID talk just re-ignites it again. I have my own thoughts and beliefs, and consider myself somewhere in the middle with a healthy dose of :notsure: that I care about any of it anymore.
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

[user not found] wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:09 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:48 pm

Naw, it's ok man, I know what I am.

As a member of a lawn screw that's cut over 50 lawns in one day across several townships, I understand that I have absolutely zero societal worth and bring nothing to the table. My ability to sharpen blades, maintain a machine, prune shrubs, edge a sidewalk, cut straight lines, and do it all without coating vehicles, houses, or other objects in a fine mist of mechanically separated grass particles... is worth nothing.

And that's OK. My blood pressure is the lowest it's ever been, I don't work weekends, I don't work holidays, I'm home most nights by 4, and I've gained an incredible perspective and appreciation for the average landscaper.
As long as people are paying for the service, it is worth something. We spend $107,000 for lawn maintenance annually at my three buildings, and that doesn't include any repairs due to downed trees. That's just for 27 weekly cuts, mulching, and general clean-up. On top of that, we spend another $150,000 annually for snow removal. That's a quarter of a million dollars dedicated to "forgettable shit" each and every year.

But degrading someone's job is never going to sit right with me, especially when it is due to some clown's misplaced sense of superiority. He is probably the first one to bitch about how no one wants to work anymore and then he's going to have the audacity to degrade you for working? Fuck him and the horse he rode in on.
ChrisoftheNorth

Huckleberry wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:57 pm

As a member of a lawn screw that's cut over 50 lawns in one day across several townships, I understand that I have absolutely zero societal worth and bring nothing to the table. My ability to sharpen blades, maintain a machine, prune shrubs, edge a sidewalk, cut straight lines, and do it all without coating vehicles, houses, or other objects in a fine mist of mechanically separated grass particles... is worth nothing.

And that's OK. My blood pressure is the lowest it's ever been, I don't work weekends, I don't work holidays, I'm home most nights by 4, and I've gained an incredible perspective and appreciation for the average landscaper.
As long as people are paying for the service, it is worth something. We spend $107,000 for lawn maintenance annually at my three buildings, and that doesn't include any repairs due to downed trees. That's just for 27 weekly cuts, mulching, and general clean-up. On top of that, we spend another $150,000 annually for snow removal. That's a quarter of a million dollars dedicated to "forgettable shit" each and every year.

But degrading someone's job is never going to sit right with me, especially when it is due to some clown's misplaced sense of superiority. He is probably the first one to bitch about how no one wants to work anymore and then he's going to have the audacity to degrade you for working? Fuck him and the horse he rode in on.
:bravo:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

:sass: :sass: :sass:
:sass: :pout: :sass:

You know man, if that's what's making you happy and giving you a sense of fulfillment than great, I am happy for you, no bullshit.

I however cannot forgive you advocating the taking away of my rights. We will simply be at odds about this forever. Remember, shall not be infringed is not a polite suggestion. A seasonal cold with these survival rates like we see below is not worth changing behaviors over.
AGE INFECTION SURVIVAL RATE
0-19 99.9973%
20-29 99.986%
30-39 99.969%
40-49 99.918%
50-59 99.73%
60-69 99.41%
max225 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:08 pm Arg :( too bad this turned personal quick. I did post a link that got ignored, but this is always a highly politicized topic from both sides. Being in the "center" where I perceive myself to be on this matter, draws fire from both sides also.

I've probably already read it. Good stuff. Data is not strong though. BUT, as you pointed out, what's the danger in giving people a drug that is as safe as tylenol if it might work and has no interactions with other treatment? Or do we continue to pump people full of Remdesivir, which the WHO says is ineffective but the US still does *for reasons*? I mean a drug for which several trials had to be halted for causing renal failure and killing patients? I mean it failed on SAFTEY and its still being used, thats the level of insanity we are at. Apparently 'First, do no harm.' no longer applies. https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=244314
Tarspin wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:19 pm
I had two things this year as well, both presented like covid-lite, but my wife had the first one checked with a covid swab test and it came back negative. There is enough inter-mingling to think that the common cold/flu will make it's way around, mask or no mask protocols.

Also, I think that the beef above is an old rivalry... 'VID talk just re-ignites it again. I have my own thoughts and beliefs, and consider myself somewhere in the middle with a healthy dose of :notsure: that I care about any of it anymore.
Its only old in the sense that I have zero patience with people advocating to erode my rights. I'm done.
https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxDYIrwRQSt4 ... Ookkzg7Vlv

BTW, for those still living in clown world, your "vaccine" is shit. Out of 5 close contacts I had when i got covid that had the vax, they all also got covid. That's 100% breakthrough for those of you that cant add. Do yall know what ADE is? You should educate.

But there is a *fauchi the fuckface voice* new variant out there. And you know, you need to get the vax for the old version variant. And a booster for the old variant to not stop you from getting the new variant, or maybe just not get as sick. Lets not think about what kind of evolutionary pressure that puts on the virus. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marek%27s_disease

But its fine. get the 6th booster.

brain go brrrrrr
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:33 pm
:sass: :pout: :sass:

You know man, if that's what's making you happy and giving you a sense of fulfillment than great, I am happy for you, no bullshit.

I however cannot forgive you advocating the taking away of my rights. We will simply be at odds about this forever. Remember, shall not be infringed is not a polite suggestion. A seasonal cold with these survival rates like we see below is not worth changing behaviors over.
0-19 99.9973%
20-29 99.986%
30-39 99.969%
40-49 99.918%
50-59 99.73%
60-69 99.41%

I've probably already read it. Good stuff. Data is not strong though. BUT, as you pointed out, what's the danger in giving people a drug that is as safe as tylenol if it might work and has no interactions with other treatment? Or do we continue to pump people full of Remdesivir, which the WHO says is ineffective but the US still does *for reasons*? I mean a drug for which several trials had to be halted for causing renal failure and killing patients? I mean it failed on SAFTEY and its still being used, thats the level of insanity we are at. Apparently 'First, do no harm.' no longer applies. https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=244314
Tarspin wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:19 pm

Its only old in the sense that I have zero patience with people advocating to erode my rights. I'm done.
https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxDYIrwRQSt4 ... Ookkzg7Vlv

BTW, for those still living in clown world, your "vaccine" is shit. Out of 5 close contacts I had when i got covid that had the vax, they all also got covid. That's 100% breakthrough for those of you that cant add. Do yall know what ADE is? You should educate.

But there is a *fauchi the fuckface voice* new variant out there. And you know, you need to get the vax for the old version variant. And a booster for the old variant to not stop you from getting the new variant, or maybe just not get as sick. Lets not think about what kind of evolutionary pressure that puts on the virus. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marek%27s_disease

But its fine. get the 6th booster.

On a personal level, i had a really bad bout of chest pain and 8 straight days of elevated BP and HR after tue first shot. I really don't think it's wise to take any additional doses.

The cardiologist i saw did have some sobering first hand advice, she has seen a few cases of myocardiosis, but none damaged the heart permanently. Some covid induced MC did, however. This is what keeps me from taking one side or the other.

What is extraordinarily entertained is when people tell me that it was probably anxiety. Never had a panic attack before or after, and I've never heard of one leading 8 days around the clock.

:ohwell:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:04 pm
Tarspin wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:01 pm
On a personal level, i had a really bad bout of chest pain and 8 straight days of elevated BP and HR after tue first shot. I really don't think it's wise to take any additional doses.

The cardiologist i saw did have some sobering first hand advice, she has seen a few cases of myocardiosis, but none damaged the heart permanently. Some covid induced MC did, however. This is what keeps me from taking one side or the other.

What is extraordinarily entertained is when people tell me that it was probably anxiety. Never had a panic attack before or after, and I've never heard of one leading 8 days around the clock.

:ohwell:
Let me be clear, I never said it was probably anxiety, simply proposed it as a possibility worth investigating. The brain is certainly capable of doing weird things to the human body under stress.

I think in your case, it's wise to postpone any additional vaxxing and just continue being as cautious as you can.
Whew, bit of a whirlwind in here today. Sorry if I stirred a few pots in this thread. Obviously not the most opinionated one :lolol:

I'm trying to be as subjective and honest as possible. I also don't think that your previous statement above is at all unreasonable, and agree that I should consider anxiety as a possibility. Although, the more I talk with professionals, the more it's apparent that my condition is not even that rare. My doctor, without saying it in any great detail, has seen a lot of weird shit. Cardiologist has seen many of these cases too. She has also seen many covid follow up cases that include heart damage, so there's no easy way out of this one.

Thanks to some mandates, the joys of waiting longer include me being locked out of a lot of fun things, can't watch my kid's indoor soccer training, restaurants and venues are off the table, and the list goes on. It's quite a sacrifice, and I'm pretty bummed about the whole thing.

I'm hoping that real breakthroughs are in the works, either fix the vaccines or got off the high horse already. I'm ready for another call from the Health Dept., and can expect them to insist on a second shot. I may get a bit vocal at that point, especially if my options are a second shot or more restrictions. I don't think either are fair or humane.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

My wife works in pharma research. I will be sure to let her know that an engineer knows better.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:19 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:57 pm

:bravo:
:dat:
Nice, Hound. :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

rockchops wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:49 pm My wife works in pharma research. I will be sure to let her know that an engineer knows better.
:lolol: :mahman:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:59 pm Again, we come back to a false expectation of a vaccine totally preventing infection, which is where I think a lot of the issues sit. It's a grossly simplified expectation, especially when we're dealing with a virus that is still not totally understood. We're essentially living in a live trial and we're all donating our bodies to science right now, vaxxed or not.
Please read this with a tone of respect, because I do respect you on some level. My thrown shade earlier is because I know you are capable of better, but if you really enjoy the grass thing go forth and be happy.

This above statement is incorrect, and is a recent change to 'teh narrative' that has been pushed. It's also a reasonable expectation for a 1st draft vaccine, however those vaccines tend to be leaky and scientists go back to the drawing board to make a better one. Leaky vaccines are bad. See for reference: Marek's disease. See the Salk polio vaccine, which was not sterilizing (ie you don't get sick but can pass on) and given in combination later to the oral vaccine using live virus once on is protected to produce the sterilizing immunity. Given alone, the OPV could cause polio. Also, the trials were huge. Not 2k people. 10's of thousands. They took YEARS. This is the rigor we need before we inject hundreds of millions of people with a non-proven treatment, ESPECIALLY CHILDREN WITH ZERO RISK. If adults want to make their own decisions I'm fine with that.
[user not found] wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:59 pm Vaccines don't prevent infection necessarily, they just prepare the body for fighting infection. And in the case of a virus that we still don't understand completely, with mutations happening more than once a year - it's going to take some time to bring the efficacy up. Bottom line is that the Covid vaccine does prepares the body for dealing with the virus, and it's been proven to keep hospitalization rates lower (at least until immunity wanes). By keeping the hospitals from being overwhelmed, it allows for those who really have serious issues (not just talking about those with Covid, I'm talking about everyone with serious issues) to be attended to.

Obvious problems:
1) Immunity wanes; we're still finding out just how fast, and that rate is different depending on which vaccine you opted for or if you were actually infected.
2) Younger people think they're invincible. Similar to how the vehicle accident rate is higher with younger drivers, I'm not surprised to see more young hospitalized from Covid or even dying - bars are packed full of young people here.

Brad, I'm curious: Of the 5 close contacts who had breakthrough infections, how did they fare in terms of symptom severity, and are any chronic issues present following recovery? Not an attack, just pure curiosity.
Again, you are factually incorrect in the above statements. Data is data, if all you do is read headlines you'll be in for a bad time.
https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/the ... w/comments
https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/so- ... rated-herd
Also, data from NHS in england does not just show waning immunity, it shows NEGATIVE immunity over time. IE, one is more litly to get covid. We call that ADE. uh-oh.

To you direct question: no. Because covid is simply not dangerous to most people. It was a bad cold and I didnt even know I had it until others around me popped positive feeling a little worse. Guess all those vitamins and healthier living are doing some good.
0-19 99.9973%
20-29 99.986%
30-39 99.969%
40-49 99.918%
50-59 99.73%
60-69 99.41%
[user not found] wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:59 pm As to eroding your rights, well... that's just how you perceive it, man. Your 'rights' also can't be allowed to steamroll the rights and lives of others. Letting the virus run rampant, while perhaps due to some extent on the human timeline, is not exactly humane, and I don't think that we're prepared to deal with that as a society. I'm not prepared to deal with it as an individual. We've come a long way from the early 1900s, which seems to be just enough time for society to forget just how bad unchecked epidemics and pandemics can be (polio, Spanish Flu, etc.). I truly don't understand any movement to make vaccination against dangerous communicable diseases optional when decades of successful vaccine implementation have effectively reduced the transmission and infection rates of said communicable diseases to near zero.

Don't want to get vaxxed? Wear a mask. Hell, I'm vaxxed and still wear a mask. I don't want whatever you've got, and I don't want to give you whatever I've got.
Then YOU stay home. My rights are my rights till I step on you. Going to the park is not stepping on you. Or to a brewery, restaurant, library, the wallmarts, etc. Breathing air in a public space is not a violation of your rights, period. If YOU are scared, YOU stay home. Its NOT MY JOB TO PROTECT YOU against something you fear.

Also masks are at best useless and at worst harmful. Not to mention they give a false sense of protection/security and that makes them even more harmful as people may take risks thinking they work, when they don't.
rockchops wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:49 pm My wife works in pharma research. I will be sure to let her know that an engineer knows better.
Hello mr red herring / sarcastic appeal to authority. I'm sure she does something STEM related, right? Furthermore, I'm sure she is involved in vaccine development and is literally an expert. She could be a janitor and work in pharma. Just like I worked in nuclear but was far removed from the design and operation of the powerplant itself.

But anyway it doesn't matter, data is data.
0-19 99.9973%
20-29 99.986%
30-39 99.969%
40-49 99.918%
50-59 99.73%
60-69 99.41%

Well, that's all for me for awhile. I'll check back when Fauci declares covid endemic(it already is), resigns in disgrace(should be put in jail), or admits natural immunity is at least as protective as infection(because of course it fucking is).
:micdrop:
brain go brrrrrr
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

My wife manages rx research studies, and has a graduate degree in neuroscience. Probably another non-engineer sheeple. Image
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

rockchops wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:11 pm My wife manages rx research studies, and has a graduate degree in neuroscience. Probably another non-engineer sheeple. Image
max225

rockchops wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:11 pm My wife manages rx research studies, and has a graduate degree in neuroscience. Probably another non-engineer sheeple. Image
I have a couple of questions.

1. What is her take on the efficacy against delta?
2. What is her take on the efficacy against the new OmiCron variant ?
3. What is her take on vaccinating the sub 49 year old population which has been proven to show about the same mortality rate as the flu, and why it needs to be done?

I am legit curious on :science: and :math: based responses here.
max225

Another random data point. one of my best friends got covid, he is unvaxxed. His sig other is vaxxed. She has it too... They both went to mexico last week... came down with something.

He has been "really tired" for 4 days, had a fever, now that's good. Now dry cough. Exact same thing I had about a month ago but mine came back as negative. Go figure...
37 Male, decent health.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

max225 wrote:

3. What is her take on vaccinating the sub 49 year old population which has been proven to show about the same mortality rate as the flu, and why it needs to be done?

Her responses (summarized below) are pretty much in line with the CDC...sheeple and shoulda been an engineer, bumbling idiot drops his microphone, etc. We chatted about it on our walk today. No numbers (and also as blind studies, most folks do not know the full scope until published anyways). FWIW.

1. Somewhat unclear, but apparently they are still effective at reducing severity of Delta but nothing "official" and different has gone through all the pertinent study phases.

2. Too early to tell. Not enough is known about it yet to have a conclusion here.

3. It still reduces severity and lessens the load on healthcare system which is a major benefit of the vaccine. By being less symptomatic, transmission rate is also reduced (think sneezing or runny nose etc) to those that are at higher risk. The flu is not something to fuck around with either, and hence the shots. Somehow that is normalized, but the covid shots are not.
max225

rockchops wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:07 pm
max225 wrote:

Her responses (summarized below) are pretty much in line with the CDC...sheeple and shoulda been an engineer, bumbling idiot drops his microphone, etc. We chatted about it on our walk today. No numbers (and also as blind studies, most folks do not know the full scope until published anyways). FWIW.

1. Somewhat unclear, but apparently they are still effective at reducing severity of Delta but nothing "official" and different has gone through all the pertinent study phases.

2. Too early to tell. Not enough is known about it yet to have a conclusion here.

3. It still reduces severity and lessens the load on healthcare system which is a major benefit of the vaccine. By being less symptomatic, transmission rate is also reduced (think sneezing or runny nose etc) to those that are at higher risk. The flu is not something to fuck around with either, and hence the shots. Somehow that is normalized, but the covid shots are not.
Noted keep us posted on 1,2. If you get some early info. My “booster” sort of depends on whether or not they still work with the new shit