OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:11 am
razr390 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:27 pm

This is a company wide bonus but I’m not complaining.
That is cool but also not :iono:

Bonuses paid out with no bearing to performance are sort of :butwhy:

If they had all of that money allocated, there are likely many people who deserve/earned more than 7% and many who shouldn't be getting anything over their base.
We have an overall performance for the company based on a few categories and we hit that. We also have individual pay for performance bonuses that are supplemental to that
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

razr390 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:08 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:11 am

That is cool but also not :iono:

Bonuses paid out with no bearing to performance are sort of :butwhy:

If they had all of that money allocated, there are likely many people who deserve/earned more than 7% and many who shouldn't be getting anything over their base.
We have an overall performance for the company based on a few categories and we hit that. We also have individual pay for performance bonuses that are supplemental to that
Are you getting that on top of the 11%? That would be :nice:
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

I’ve got a 15% target bonus with company performance and individual performance multipliers (0.5-1.2 each). Company is at about 0.95 right now. I figure my individual multiplier is at least a 1 based on feedback so I should get close to 15%.

Which is not bad.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I never count on bonus. For years (05-12) I never got any because of the "economy" no matter what personal performance was. Then company sucked from 13-16 they never paid out... So it is what it is...

16+ :troywax: everyone gets a bonus. Personally i think everyone in the company should be getting it if company is performing. If someone isn't performing within the company that person needs to be canned. If someone is outperforming, a bonus is jack shit. That person needs to be promo'ed or what not. But case by case clearly. Really hard to make blanket statements.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Self employed obviously, frik the bonus. I want to see approvals on my rate hikes which is a bonus spread out over each paycheck. The whole employee tax framing keeps people from propping themselves up above middle class, IMO. Peeling away a bonus with an absurd tax rate in that pay cycle is no bean counting accident or deficiency, it's 100% premeditated. As I age, the idea of living on a deserted island appeals more to me, :disgust:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Suh dudes. Stoked for the short work. This is my 4 day week on my 9/80 schedule, so with the holiday as well it's just a 3 day week here. Tempted to take Wednesday off too. Michelle's bio-dad flies in to spend a few days with us tomorrow night. Should be interesting. Only met the dude once and spent a couple of hours with him so far.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SAWCE wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:58 am Suh dudes. Stoked for the short work. This is my 4 day week on my 9/80 schedule, so with the holiday as well it's just a 3 day week here. Tempted to take Wednesday off too. Michelle's bio-dad flies in to spend a few days with us tomorrow night. Should be interesting. Only met the dude once and spent a couple of hours with him so far.
I had Friday off as a "wellness day" at work, one Friday off per mo has been a 5/7, and because of that a ton of people took M,T,W,F off this week, so it's quiet AF. I really need the quiet and time off.

Not a bad idea for you to take Wednesday off if you can, might as well get some extra time with Michelle's bio-dad.

Anything fun happen this weekend?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:06 am
SAWCE wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:58 am Suh dudes. Stoked for the short work. This is my 4 day week on my 9/80 schedule, so with the holiday as well it's just a 3 day week here. Tempted to take Wednesday off too. Michelle's bio-dad flies in to spend a few days with us tomorrow night. Should be interesting. Only met the dude once and spent a couple of hours with him so far.
I had Friday off as a "wellness day" at work, one Friday off per mo has been a 5/7, and because of that a ton of people took M,T,W,F off this week, so it's quiet AF. I really need the quiet and time off.

Not a bad idea for you to take Wednesday off if you can, might as well get some extra time with Michelle's bio-dad.

Yeah I think they'd both appreciate that, so I'll run it by my boss today. Don't see him having any issues with it.

Was actually a busy weekend for me. Friday night Michelle and I went to a comedy show. I may have mentioned the last time we did this, but it's a company called Don't Tell Comedy, they post up tickets in your city and you buy them without knowing who any of the performers are or where it's going to be, just the date. Then the day of, they send an email to everyone who has a ticket with the time and location. This one was really close to our place which was nice. Two of the comics were the same as the last time we went, but the other three were new to us, and all five were funny.

Saturday I went up to Anaheim with a buddy from the gym, his wife, and one of their friends for a concert at the House of Blues. They had an extra ticket since someone else couldn't go, so I got a free ticket. Had heard of the two opener bands, Can't Swim and The Plot In You, but never listened to them before. Didn't care for Can't Swim, but TPIY was good and I'll probably start listening to their music. Headliner was one of my early 00's screamo bands that's still going strong. The tour was originally supposed to happen last year as their 20th anniversary, but Covid. Because of the anniversary, they're doing basically three full sets. Started out playing 6-7 songs spanning all their albums, then did a 3 or 4 song acoustic set, then finished by playing one of their albums all the way through. Was fun, but god damn it was a long show, plus the long drive home after.. didn't get home until 1am yesterday.

Yesterday was chill, took a few naps to make up for the lack of sleep that night, then lifted and took care of chores around the house. Then we had our weekly cheat meal.. ordered from this place called Mr. Beast Burger. Pretty good. Not sure of their origins, but they're operating ghost kitchens now, so we picked the food up from the Buca di Beppo's :lol: Burgers were tasty, decent, mostly plain smash patties. Meat could have been seasoned a little better, but I just threw some salt at them and they were fine. Had two different double cheese burgers, a chicken sandwich (kinda dry, will try the Nashville hot version next time if we go again to get some moisture in there from the sauce), and two grilled cheese sandwiches :fatty:

You and single L Michele get into anything exciting?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I went mountain biking with a buddy Saturday and had a couple of Friendsgiving type gatherings this weekend. Also got flu/COVID booster shots yesterday. I feel like the weekend went by really quickly, so I'm pretty stoked that it's a short week. We are closed Thursday and Friday :notbad:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Im working on this thanksgiving week in NY, and gonna visit a family friend in Long Island. Driving to NYC tomorrow (only day off), drop my parents off at their and my friends house in Long Island, then head over to Hoboken :crang: to my hotel. So I will drive back and forth to LI, Manhattan, Woodbury Commons NY, Hoboken for a week.

Then on Dec 7th, Im renting a car to NYC again for work for a few days and fly straight from JFK to Turkey.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:15 pm I went mountain biking with a buddy Saturday and had a couple of Friendsgiving type gatherings this weekend. Also got flu/COVID booster shots yesterday. I feel like the weekend went by really quickly, so I'm pretty stoked that it's a short week. We are closed Thursday and Friday :notbad:
:nice:
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:21 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:06 am

Yeah I think they'd both appreciate that, so I'll run it by my boss today. Don't see him having any issues with it.

Was actually a busy weekend for me. Friday night Michelle and I went to a comedy show. I may have mentioned the last time we did this, but it's a company called Don't Tell Comedy, they post up tickets in your city and you buy them without knowing who any of the performers are or where it's going to be, just the date. Then the day of, they send an email to everyone who has a ticket with the time and location. This one was really close to our place which was nice. Two of the comics were the same as the last time we went, but the other three were new to us, and all five were funny.

Saturday I went up to Anaheim with a buddy from the gym, his wife, and one of their friends for a concert at the House of Blues. They had an extra ticket since someone else couldn't go, so I got a free ticket. Had heard of the two opener bands, Can't Swim and The Plot In You, but never listened to them before. Didn't care for Can't Swim, but TPIY was good and I'll probably start listening to their music. Headliner was one of my early 00's screamo bands that's still going strong. The tour was originally supposed to happen last year as their 20th anniversary, but Covid. Because of the anniversary, they're doing basically three full sets. Started out playing 6-7 songs spanning all their albums, then did a 3 or 4 song acoustic set, then finished by playing one of their albums all the way through. Was fun, but god damn it was a long show, plus the long drive home after.. didn't get home until 1am yesterday.

Yesterday was chill, took a few naps to make up for the lack of sleep that night, then lifted and took care of chores around the house. Then we had our weekly cheat meal.. ordered from this place called Mr. Beast Burger. Pretty good. Not sure of their origins, but they're operating ghost kitchens now, so we picked the food up from the Buca di Beppo's :lol: Burgers were tasty, decent, mostly plain smash patties. Meat could have been seasoned a little better, but I just threw some salt at them and they were fine. Had two different double cheese burgers, a chicken sandwich (kinda dry, will try the Nashville hot version next time if we go again to get some moisture in there from the sauce), and two grilled cheese sandwiches :fatty:

Our weekend was lame. We went out to a dinner with neighbor friends on Friday, then ended up at their house after and had too much wine since we could just stumble home. These days, too much wine ruins the next day for us, so we pretty much just hung out Saturday and rested. Sunday we took a drive to a town opposite from us on our bay to hike, but then it started to mist/rain so we just took the drive instead. I worked on the house the rest of the day, clearing leaves outside, putting away patio furniture for winter, and replacing some 40 year old light switches that were pretty sketchy.

Looking forward to being off Thursday and Friday. I need some reset time.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:55 am
SAWCE wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:21 am

Our weekend was lame. We went out to a dinner with neighbor friends on Friday, then ended up at their house after and had too much wine since we could just stumble home. These days, too much wine ruins the next day for us, so we pretty much just hung out Saturday and rested. Sunday we took a drive to a town opposite from us on our bay to hike, but then it started to mist/rain so we just took the drive instead. I worked on the house the rest of the day, clearing leaves outside, putting away patio furniture for winter, and replacing some 40 year old light switches that were pretty sketchy.

Man I felt like I was hung over after that concert. Home at 1AM. Up at 4AM to eat breakfast so I could fit all my meals for the day in, then right back to bed until almost 7 when I needed to eat my next meal. Shit sucked.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:54 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:55 am

Man I felt like I was hung over after that concert. Home at 1AM. Up at 4AM to eat breakfast so I could fit all my meals for the day in, then right back to bed until almost 7 when I needed to eat my next meal. Shit sucked.
Getting old is rough.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:57 pm

Getting old is rough.
So much truth. :(

:eeyore: :eeyore: :eeyore:
:eeyore: :wap: :eeyore:
:eeyore: :eeyore: :eeyore:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:57 pm

Getting old is rough.
:word:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Totes fell in love on the airplane. Couldn't get off the plane quick enough to talk to her though :rage:

It's ok CLT was just her connection, but damn LA y u have so many beautiful women?
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:18 pm Totes fell in love on the airplane. Couldn't get off the plane quick enough to talk to her though :rage:

It's ok CLT was just her connection, but damn LA y u have so many beautiful women?
Pics
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:18 pm Totes fell in love on the airplane. Couldn't get off the plane quick enough to talk to her though :rage:

She probably doesn’t care for you. Her sugar daddy from only fans is buying her everything. Sorry Cale
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:32 pm

Pics
I took a picture of her puppy

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:47 pm

She probably doesn’t care for you. Her sugar daddy from only fans is buying her everything. Sorry Cale
Maybe he could've bought me stuff too.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:46 am
razr390 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:47 pm

Maybe he could've bought me stuff too.
:dat:

He could be your cuck
SAWCE

Damn.. apparently Amazon had AirPod Pros on sale for $160 yesterday. Been wanting to grab a pair; I would have jumped on that deal if I'd seen it. Sold out now :(
razr390

SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:58 am Damn.. apparently Amazon had AirPod Pros on sale for $160 yesterday. Been wanting to grab a pair; I would have jumped on that deal if I'd seen it. Sold out now :(
Walmart has them. Link sent via text.

If anyone else is interested: https://www.walmart.com/ip/AirPods-Pro/975690481
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

My buddy scored a ps5 at Wally World 😳