OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Y’all. Don’t have kids. Holy fuck is it tiring.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:26 pm
D Griff wrote:
Dude, I am the numero uno :scrooge: here allegedly and Winking Owl is just horrendous. Pay like $5 more for a good box of wine. I will drink cheap wine all day (and beer) but that stuff is just :gag:
I think it's fine, but I drink more as an anti-anxiety medication or social obligation than for enjoyment.

I'll drink my :scrooge: Sobieski vodka straight from the (plastic) bottle at room temperature NFG with no :gag: reaction. Like an alcoholic but a lot less frequency/volume. :thisisfine:
Sobieski is :notbad: vodka at its price point. Their flavored vodka's are dece, too.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:21 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:46 pm

Yeah fuck that shit man... I hate those services if not on a company card :lolol:

I can walk/drive/bike to pick up food for $20... Women love that shit though.
As an exhausted parent, the convenience is many times worth the cost. But fuuuuuuck
Ditto. Sometimes it’s just too much to even get in anywhere to pick up… damn the torpedoes
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

We have Costco membership because of the deals for quality items. Specifically diapers, baby wipes, medicine, among other things.

But yes, some things are just too bulky to store anywhere or too much to use through in a normal amount of time.

Their return policy is indeed :ludacris: my local one has the new Xbox Series S (digital only next gen console) in stock so I asked about the return policy and they told me it was 2 years without managers approval at the customer service area. I didn’t believe them so I asked the general manager and she told me the return policy is “customer satisfaction” when I gave her a :notsure: look she then said our goal is to ensure you’re satisfied with what you buy, if you aren’t then we will help you become satisfied.

That was enough to sell me on it so I got the S as a placeholder for when Series X become more readily available. I’ll “return/exchange” and pay the difference.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

The produce at Costco is good quality at a decent price too. Local supermarkets here are charging anywhere from $1.50-$2 per bell pepper depending on the color. I get a bag of 6 at Costco for $6.50. I buy frozen veggies in bulk there. The dog food is top notch (according to several vets out here) and cheaper than most name brands. Bison meat is also a screaming deal there.. 2.5lbs for $20. at $8/lb that's close to half the price that any local markets are asking for it, and it's a nice 90% lean mix too. Organic chicken breasts are also a solid deal there if you care about buying organic vs non-organic.. IIRC I pay $4.50/lb for organic :tits: where Whole Foods or something similar is charging close to $10/lb for organic ones.. non-organic can always be found for $3/lb, and sometimes goes on sale where you get $5 off the package. If you have room for it in your pantry, a 25lb bag of rice will run you $12.99 I believe. I run through one of those every other month.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

wap wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:26 pm I think it's fine, but I drink more as an anti-anxiety medication or social obligation than for enjoyment.

I'll drink my :scrooge: Sobieski vodka straight from the (plastic) bottle at room temperature NFG with no :gag: reaction. Like an alcoholic but a lot less frequency/volume. :thisisfine:
Sobieski is :notbad: vodka at its price point. Their flavored vodka's are dece, too.
Oh man, I haven't seen the flavors anywhere except a random store a few years ago in Austin. I grabbed the espresso flavor and it was :fuckyeah: on ice. It's probably a good thing that I don't know where to buy more. :drunk:
troyguitar

razr390 wrote:Y’all. Don’t have kids. Holy fuck is it tiring.
I don't even have the energy to take care of myself. Y'all with kids are insane.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

razr390 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:42 pm We have Costco membership because of the deals for quality items. Specifically diapers, baby wipes, medicine, among other things.

But yes, some things are just too bulky to store anywhere or too much to use through in a normal amount of time.

Their return policy is indeed :ludacris: my local one has the new Xbox Series S (digital only next gen console) in stock so I asked about the return policy and they told me it was 2 years without managers approval at the customer service area. I didn’t believe them so I asked the general manager and she told me the return policy is “customer satisfaction” when I gave her a :notsure: look she then said our goal is to ensure you’re satisfied with what you buy, if you aren’t then we will help you become satisfied.

That was enough to sell me on it so I got the S as a placeholder for when Series X become more readily available. I’ll “return/exchange” and pay the difference.
Were you part of my computer discussion a few months back?

I needed a laptop ASAP for an interview. Bought what they had in the warehouse and found a :dill: online for a similar laptop but WAY cheaper. I ordered the cheaper one, and returned the fancier one when the cheaper one arrived. I used the more expensive one a decent amount, had it for about 30 days, wiped it clean, brought it into the warehouse, they didn't even turn it on and they issued the refund.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:59 pm
razr390 wrote:Y’all. Don’t have kids. Holy fuck is it tiring.
I don't even have the energy to take care of myself. Y'all with kids are insane.
:dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390

Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:05 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:42 pm We have Costco membership because of the deals for quality items. Specifically diapers, baby wipes, medicine, among other things.

I needed a laptop ASAP for an interview. Bought what they had in the warehouse and found a :dill: online for a similar laptop but WAY cheaper. I ordered the cheaper one, and returned the fancier one when the cheaper one arrived. I used the more expensive one a decent amount, had it for about 30 days, wiped it clean, brought it into the warehouse, they didn't even turn it on and they issued the refund.
Yep I remember. At this point I basically have a new Xbox for indefinite free trial. I have another friend buying my Xbox One X for $350 as well since he wants the “best one he can still get his hands on with a disc drive”… I paid $400 for it in 2018 lol. Used console market is the same as car market.
razr390

Microsoft Flight Simulator on the Xbox is :amazing: though. I’ve been obsessed with it lately.
wap

troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:58 pm
wap wrote:
Oh man, I haven't seen the flavors anywhere except a random store a few years ago in Austin. I grabbed the espresso flavor and it was :fuckyeah: on ice. It's probably a good thing that I don't know where to buy more. :drunk:
Hmm, I've never seen espresso flavored vodka. Sounds dangerous. :lol: 5/7 will keep an eye out for it.
troyguitar

I'm still playing world of warcraft on the rare occasion that I have time/energy to fire up a game. No more subscriptions though, I am on one of the free pirate servers. Dunno how anyone can keep up with new games and systems.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:54 pm The produce at Costco is good quality at a decent price too. Local supermarkets here are charging anywhere from $1.50-$2 per bell pepper depending on the color. I get a bag of 6 at Costco for $6.50. I buy frozen veggies in bulk there. The dog food is top notch (according to several vets out here) and cheaper than most name brands. Bison meat is also a screaming deal there.. 2.5lbs for $20. at $8/lb that's close to half the price that any local markets are asking for it, and it's a nice 90% lean mix too. Organic chicken breasts are also a solid deal there if you care about buying organic vs non-organic.. IIRC I pay $4.50/lb for organic :tits: where Whole Foods or something similar is charging close to $10/lb for organic ones.. non-organic can always be found for $3/lb, and sometimes goes on sale where you get $5 off the package. If you have room for it in your pantry, a 25lb bag of rice will run you $12.99 I believe. I run through one of those every other month.
:wtf:
Last week our local grocery store had a sale on what they call "traffic light (or maybe stop light) peppers, which is a red, yellow, and green pepper packaged together for $.75 total for all 3. Granted, that was an unusually good :dill: , but they can often be had on sale for $.99/lb for one color or another virtually every week. I buy bananas for $.44/lb, cucumber for $.50-$.75 each.
wap

troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:15 pm I'm still playing world of warcraft on the rare occasion that I have time/energy to fire up a game. No more subscriptions though, I am on one of the free pirate servers. Dunno how anyone can keep up with new games and systems.
I'm still perfectly happy with Age of Empires and have zero interest in any more 'puter games. :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:10 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:05 pm

Yep I remember. At this point I basically have a new Xbox for indefinite free trial. I have another friend buying my Xbox One X for $350 as well since he wants the “best one he can still get his hands on with a disc drive”… I paid $400 for it in 2018 lol. Used console market is the same as car market.
:nice:
troyguitar

wap wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:15 pm I'm still playing world of warcraft on the rare occasion that I have time/energy to fire up a game. No more subscriptions though, I am on one of the free pirate servers. Dunno how anyone can keep up with new games and systems.
I'm still perfectly happy with Age of Empires and have zero interest in any more 'puter games. Image
I was just thinking about the first 2 AoE games last week. I wonder how they'd look on a modern resolution screen. World of warcraft still looks pretty good for the most part but it's been continuously developed.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

wap wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:17 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:54 pm The produce at Costco is good quality at a decent price too. Local supermarkets here are charging anywhere from $1.50-$2 per bell pepper depending on the color. I get a bag of 6 at Costco for $6.50. I buy frozen veggies in bulk there. The dog food is top notch (according to several vets out here) and cheaper than most name brands. Bison meat is also a screaming deal there.. 2.5lbs for $20. at $8/lb that's close to half the price that any local markets are asking for it, and it's a nice 90% lean mix too. Organic chicken breasts are also a solid deal there if you care about buying organic vs non-organic.. IIRC I pay $4.50/lb for organic :tits: where Whole Foods or something similar is charging close to $10/lb for organic ones.. non-organic can always be found for $3/lb, and sometimes goes on sale where you get $5 off the package. If you have room for it in your pantry, a 25lb bag of rice will run you $12.99 I believe. I run through one of those every other month.
:wtf:
Last week our local grocery store had a sale on what they call "traffic light (or maybe stop light) peppers, which is a red, yellow, and green pepper packaged together for $.75 total for all 3. Granted, that was an unusually good :dill: , but they can often be had on sale for $.99/lb for one color or another virtually every week. I buy bananas for $.44/lb, cucumber for $.50-$.75 each.
:impressive:

That is only found at Aldi here.. the local/regional places a non green pepper is like $2. Aldi has a red, yellow, orange pack for $2.5-3 which is less per pepper than Costco. That was one of the examples (of many) that rubbed me the wrong way a bit. If I have to pay just for the privilege of walking in, he experience is far less convenient, AND I have to buy a huge quantity, it shouldn't be more per unit. Another thing I buy regularly ( I know everyone will find it disgust) is diet soda. That was more per can at Costco than Aldi or other places and you end up with a huge 35 rack, no bueno for tiny house dwellers.

It sounds like the value is more in the non-perishable and non food items :doe: . I will agree with :sawce: that the frozen veggie (and fruit) game at Costco was pretty epic.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Video games are not something I can make time for at this point. I do occasionally think about how having an xBox would be fun :doe:
razr390

What serveR? If you want a great one I play warmane from time to time. Crazy uptime/reliability and population.

razr390

D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:26 pm Video games are not something I can make time for at this point. I do occasionally think about how having an xBox would be fun :doe:
I VERY casually play, usually late at night after everything is out of the way and little one is asleep. I prefer the single player games that I can waste time on or play at my pace.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:28 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:26 pm Video games are not something I can make time for at this point. I do occasionally think about how having an xBox would be fun :doe:
I VERY casually play, usually late at night after everything is out of the way and little one is asleep. I prefer the single player games that I can waste time on or play at my pace.
:word:

We all have something, for me at this point, free/alone time is pretty much dedicated to cycling. I did used to love gaming 20 years ago :doe: Maybe I'll get into it again one day.
wap

troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:24 pm
wap wrote:
I'm still perfectly happy with Age of Empires and have zero interest in any more 'puter games. Image
I was just thinking about the first 2 AoE games last week. I wonder how they'd look on a modern resolution screen. World of warcraft still looks pretty good for the most part but it's been continuously developed.
I play the Conquerors Expansion of the second generation (Age of Kings) and it looks ....ok. Like watching any standard def broadcast on a high def TV. :lol:
:aintcare: :doe: The game is still awesome IMO.
ChrisoftheNorth

We bought a switch last year and play that when we have some time to kill, I can't keep up with anything else :doe:
troyguitar

razr390 wrote:
What serveR? If you want a great one I play warmane from time to time. Crazy uptime/reliability and population.

ChromieCraft, it is a newer progression server that is all open source with no pay-to-win stuff. Seems pretty good so far but I haven't played much. I can't deal with PvP players, real life is already competitive enough.