OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:18 pm We have no friends and don't really have anywhere to go for Halloween. :ohwell:

I vastly prefer donning my lederhosen and attending octoberfests. Missed those this year too :|
I have looked at Halloween as kinda dumb for many years but in the last ten I have just realized it is because I am a tribal elder of Clan Funsponge hating others for enjoying themselves.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:18 pm We have no friends and don't really have anywhere to go for Halloween. :ohwell:

I vastly prefer donning my lederhosen and attending octoberfests. Missed those this year too :|
:jimp:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:29 pm
wap wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:54 pm

:lol:
Figures a desert dweller wouldn't know that arborvitaes are not Christmas trees. :lolol:
I know what they are but they are currently in the SHAPE of an Xmas tree.
Sure, if you like torpedo-shaped Christmas trees. :lol:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:18 pm
razr390 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:18 pm :baby: will be Boo, and wife and I are wearing Mike Wazowski and Sully costumes from Monsters Inc.
:amazing:

In4pics
Oh I said costumes we are just wearing shirts with their faces. Kid gets all the attention
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

razr390 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:39 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:18 pm
:amazing:

In4pics
Oh I said costumes we are just wearing shirts with their faces. Kid gets all the attention
As it should be, really.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:We have no friends and don't really have anywhere to go for Halloween. :ohwell:

I mean that costume could work for like all of September and October, right? Just don't forget the corset to keep the chest bigger than the waist.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:51 pm
Detroit wrote:We have no friends and don't really have anywhere to go for Halloween. :ohwell:

I mean that costume could work for like all of September and October, right? Just don't forget the corset to keep the chest bigger than the waist.
That's a dirndl. It's a dress with a corset built in, wife's got a few.

AND they're not costumes, they came from Germany when we were there.

We take Octoberfest drinking very seriously, but wife doesn't like mixing Octoberfest and Halloween, wants it different with different costumes. But since we have no friends, that won't matter this year.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:51 pm I mean that costume could work for like all of September and October, right? Just don't forget the corset to keep the chest bigger than the waist.
That's a dirndl. It's a dress with a corset built in, wife's got a few.

AND they're not costumes, they came from Germany when we were there.

We take Octoberfest drinking very seriously, but wife doesn't like mixing Octoberfest and Halloween, wants it different with different costumes. But since we have no friends, that won't matter this year.
You don't need friends to be a sexy Forrest Gump.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:47 am
Tarspin wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:18 pm Great hump day. Had a virtual meeting with a prosecutor for my distracted driving charge, and since i was sitting idle, and my record is pretty good (not exemplary he says), his is making me a plea bargain to lower the charge from $600/3 points/loss of license for 3 days and a $268 reinstatement fee, to a "unsafe start from a stop light" which carries a 2 point charge, and the distracted is getting removed from my record completely. It will still carry a $500 charge, but my insurance company won't rake me over the coals for this one. Fuck, i got lucky! :fuckyeah:
:fuckyeah: That's great dude! I remember the story how you got that ticket, so much :disgust:
Yeah thanks Chris, I was so pissed off getting such a nasty fine while sitting idle for two minutes... It was momentary and completely safe to look at my phone.

The rules are strongly enforced and I shouldn't have taken that risk. I think these prosecutors may let more people off with minor infractions then the media portrays, but it I'm a marked man, and won't be touching my phone at all while driving.

The dumb part is that I now text people from my car's convoluted head unit, and it's way slower and more distracting then my phone ever was. :lolwut:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tarspin wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:04 pm
:fuckyeah: That's great dude! I remember the story how you got that ticket, so much :disgust:
Yeah thanks Chris, I was so pissed off getting such a nasty fine while sitting idle for two minutes... It was momentary and completely safe to look at my phone.

The rules are strongly enforced and I shouldn't have taken that risk. I think these prosecutors may let more people off with minor infractions then the media portrays, but it I'm a marked man, and won't be touching my phone at all while driving.

The dumb part is that I now text people from my car's convoluted head unit, and it's way slower and more distracting then my phone ever was. :lolwut:
Such bureaucracy, :amazing:

That is rather interesting, as far as I know, my local area has zero laws against hand held usage and you can scroll through Tik Tok vids to your hearts content whilst operating your :truk:

:truckyeah:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:06 am

That is rather interesting, as far as I know, my local area has zero laws against hand held usage and you can scroll through Tik Tok vids to your hearts content whilst operating your :truk:

We have distracted driving laws in our state, but they're almost never enforced from what I've seen. Unless they set up a sting or something where an officer is standing on the sidewalk at an intersection radioing ahead to squad cars to pull over offenders.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Dude! that seems quite intense. Im also currently adapting to apple carplay text messaging thing. But the words doesnt make sense sometimes, doesnt help that a good amount of my texts are in a foreign language, which of course I had to text off my phone with my fingertips.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:55 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:06 am

We have distracted driving laws in our state, but they're almost never enforced from what I've seen. Unless they set up a sting or something where an officer is standing on the sidewalk at an intersection radioing ahead to squad cars to pull over offenders.
We have those in few certain intersections here in NoVa where someone was impersonating to be a homeless person, I saw it from my side mirror he was talking to a walkie talkie one time. afaik there is no law regarding texting and "driving" stationary
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

What does everyone have cooking this weekend?

I am chillin' at the house tonight, still working :gag: Going to clean up a bit and apply for a couple of jobs including an internal I spoke with my boss man about.

Tomorrow :tits: has to work so I am going to go ride a century (100 mile bicycle ride) on the Blue Ridge Parkway with a couple of dudes. It is likely the last opportunity for a parkway ride before the higher altitude weather gets cold and dicey/the leaf peepers take over. We have :tits: friend's engagement party tomorrow night, not particularly stoked on it given I am attempting 'Sobe Octobe' aka not drinking for a month :notsure:

Sunday we will probably hang on the patio, :tits: will watch sportsball on our TV out here and I may start disassembling my commuter/vintage bike. I've been waiting to start a revamp/project with that for quite some time. We may have dinner with my rents as well that evening.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

D Griff wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:29 pm What does everyone have cooking this weekend?

I am chillin' at the house tonight, still working :gag: Going to clean up a bit and apply for a couple of jobs including an internal I spoke with my boss man about.

Tomorrow :tits: has to work so I am going to go ride a century (100 mile bicycle ride) on the Blue Ridge Parkway with a couple of dudes. It is likely the last opportunity for a parkway ride before the higher altitude weather gets cold and dicey/the leaf peepers take over. We have :tits: friend's engagement party tomorrow night, not particularly stoked on it given I am attempting 'Sobe Octobe' aka not drinking for a month :notsure:

Sunday we will probably hang on the patio, :tits: will watch sportsball on our TV out here and I may start disassembling my commuter/vintage bike. I've been waiting to start a revamp/project with that for quite some time. We may have dinner with my rents as well that evening.
Wife unit's birthday weekend. She is out with the gurlz tonight, I'm putting in porch lights for her tomorrow and taking her to dinner at an upscale Steak and Seafood joint in Hershey (Devon's) on Sunday.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Irish wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:18 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:29 pm What does everyone have cooking this weekend?

Wife unit's birthday weekend. She is out with the gurlz tonight, I'm putting in porch lights for her tomorrow and taking her to dinner at an upscale Steak and Seafood joint in Hershey (Devon's) on Sunday.
:nice:

:meat:

:tits: always appreciate birthday attention.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Im at Rehoboth Beach the entire weekend at my cousins new summer place, it was :nice: got some sours from a brewery at a walking distance and :drunk: it was nice
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Night sky outside my back door..........They come in peace.....

Love

and Rock and Roll

Yes, my friends.....

Those are grow lights....

and that is a weed farm.......
Last edited by Irish on Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wap

Irish wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:11 pm Night sky outside my back door..........They come in peace.....

Love

and Rock and Roll

Yes, my friends.....

Those are grow lights....

and that is a weed farm.......
:aliens:

Great pic :like:
troyguitar

I ended up playing my first solo gig tonight entirely unprepared. My partner got a last minute call to his other job, leaving me to play a 3 hour show by myself. I was able to connect my phone to the PA and just improvised over backing tracks from YouTube the whole time. It was nerve-wracking but at least not a total disaster. People were either being kind or actually enjoyed it, either way the restaurant seemed to do some good business.

Now it's time for a drink. Fuck sober October.
wap

troyguitar wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:33 pm I ended up playing my first solo gig tonight entirely unprepared. My partner got a last minute call to his other job, leaving me to play a 3 hour show by myself. I was able to connect my phone to the PA and just improvised over backing tracks from YouTube the whole time. It was nerve-wracking but at least not a total disaster. People were either being kind or actually enjoyed it, either way the restaurant seemed to do some good business.

:impressive:
Did you get any tips?
troyguitar

wap wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:33 pm I ended up playing my first solo gig tonight entirely unprepared. My partner got a last minute call to his other job, leaving me to play a 3 hour show by myself. I was able to connect my phone to the PA and just improvised over backing tracks from YouTube the whole time. It was nerve-wracking but at least not a total disaster. People were either being kind or actually enjoyed it, either way the restaurant seemed to do some good business.

Did you get any tips?
About the same amount as we normally get, which is decent. Things are still slow down here, people are hiding in the AC or up North. I guess November is when most people start coming back out.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

troyguitar wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:14 pm
wap wrote:
Did you get any tips?
About the same amount as we normally get, which is decent. Things are still slow down here, people are hiding in the AC or up North. I guess November is when most people start coming back out.
Where do you usually play? Maybe hit some of the more touristy spots too? Maybe a day trip down to Ft. Myers, Naples, or Clearwater (beautiful but more conservative folks)
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

In all seriousness man, this is so awesome. I don’t really know that you would’ve been willing to go for it a year ago like you were today. I’m sure it was a great show, you have some :nice: 🎸 chops.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:12 pm

In all seriousness man, this is so awesome. I don’t really know that you would’ve been willing to go for it a year ago like you were today. I’m sure it was a great show, you have some :nice: 🎸 chops.
:dat: :like: