OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

wap wrote:
D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:08 pm

He's taking some time off, I'm hoping he will be back at some point.

It is honestly kind of :sad: around here anymore, active posters are way down.
:butwhy:
Was it because he was called out for telling :mahtroy: to kill himself:
Not that it matters much but IDGAF about that. Dudebro had already made himself quite clear in my mind a long time ago. What bugs me from him is the racist, classist, anti-thought, anti-science, anti-education, regressive ideas which should be beneath someone of his obvious intellect.

I was admittedly :triggered: on that day :doe:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:40 pm
wap wrote:
Not that it matters much but IDGAF about that. Dudebro had already made himself quite clear in my mind a long time ago. What bugs me from him is the racist, classist, anti-thought, anti-science, anti-education, regressive ideas which should be beneath someone of his obvious intellect.

:word:
Good that he doesn't get to you.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Just popping in to wish :narc: a Happy Birthday.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:20 pm Was it because he was called out for telling :mahtroy: to kill himself:
Hol up.

This happened?
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Melon wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:57 am
wap wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:20 pm Was it because he was called out for telling :mahtroy: to kill himself:
Hol up.

This happened?
:yesth:
They were having another sort of a :sissyfight: and that was the culmination. :mahtroy: , please chime in to correct me if I'm :wrong:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

wap wrote:
Melon wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:57 am Hol up.

This happened?
:yesth:
They were having another sort of a :sissyfight: and that was the culmination. :mahtroy: , please chime in to correct me if I'm :wrong:
:notwrong:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:10 pm In what will surprise exactly no one, I was on the toilet 3 times today after the epic KFC night. I managed to get a 50 mile bike ride in this afternoon though, so I think that I mostly burned off or shit out the extra calories.

:whocares:

TBH I wish I ate less yesterday only so that I could have some leftovers to eat today.
This is actually the most effective way to get me to stop eating something I'm really enjoying. A reward for tomorrow. :lolol: :fatty:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

This thread really is a rotisserie roller coaster.

Sauce is posting some beautiful onion cutting.

Troy is shitting KFC endlessly.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:40 pm
wap wrote:

He's a bit of a contradiction at times for sure, but overall a decent dude to interact with. His CL skills are also second to none.

Still not sure I can go along with someone advocating suicide, but :triggered: gonna :triggered:
Last edited by ChrisoftheNorth on Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

MrH42 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:39 am This thread really is a rotisserie roller coaster.

Sauce is posting some beautiful onion cutting.

Troy is shitting KFC endlessly.
You never know what you'll walk into in here.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:23 pm Most of society will not WFH forever. The jobs aren’t built that way. At our core we are social beings. Sure personalities play a role into whether we are more extroverted or introverted, but yeah. Plus what would happen if every job ever was remote? That would put so many out of jobs especially if people don’t want to work because they’re “better than working in a physical location”. :iono:

I have a nice balance in my situation so I’m cool with WFH but I just don’t think it’s easily transferable for every job, department, or industry.
It depends big time on the job function and the company. The sort of stuff I do really doesn't need to be in the office all the time. Monthly(ish) in person check-ins are helpful for setting goals/priorities, and brainstorming, but that's about it. Even when I was in the office last week, all meetings were on zoom because we have team members all over the world. It seems to work pretty well.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:54 am
razr390 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:23 pm Most of society will not WFH forever. The jobs aren’t built that way. At our core we are social beings. Sure personalities play a role into whether we are more extroverted or introverted, but yeah. Plus what would happen if every job ever was remote? That would put so many out of jobs especially if people don’t want to work because they’re “better than working in a physical location”. :iono:

I have a nice balance in my situation so I’m cool with WFH but I just don’t think it’s easily transferable for every job, department, or industry.
It depends big time on the job function and the company. The sort of stuff I do really doesn't need to be in the office all the time. Monthly(ish) in person check-ins are helpful for setting goals/priorities, and brainstorming, but that's about it. Even when I was in the office last week, all meetings were on zoom because we have team members all over the world. It seems to work pretty well.
I could WFH forever in my role, and will for as long as I'm in it. My entire team used to be here in Indianapolis, but as the company has grown and integrated new acquisition after new acquisition, the team is now spread out literally across the globe. There are still two of us here in Indy, but we have two in different cities in Germany, one in Boston, one in Canada, one in Denver, and another in San Francisco. Not a single one of us works from the local office.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:08 pm

Ah, damn.

Activity ebbs and flows, certainly seems down now. I'll be upping my game now that I'm working again, most of my time to kill will be here. At least we have eachother. :dock: :zing:
:mahman:

Glad you're back. I definitely understand, this is predominantly something I do during my :bs: job, if I was able to not be at a desk all day, I would likely be a bit less frequent a poster.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:20 pm

He left on his own accord if that's what you're wondering....
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:42 am
troyguitar wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:40 pm Not that it matters much but IDGAF about that. Dudebro had already made himself quite clear in my mind a long time ago. What bugs me from him is the racist, classist, anti-thought, anti-science, anti-education, regressive ideas which should be beneath someone of his obvious intellect.

He's a bit of a contradiction at times for sure, but overall a decent dude to interact with. His CL skills are also second to none.

Still not sure I can go along with someone advocating suicide, but :triggered: gonna :triggered:
Cuck Life?

Ohhhhh... Craigslist :lolol:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:09 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:08 pm
Ah, damn.

Activity ebbs and flows, certainly seems down now. I'll be upping my game now that I'm working again, most of my time to kill will be here. At least we have eachother. :dock: :zing:

Glad you're back. I definitely understand, this is predominantly something I do during my :bs: job, if I was able to not be at a desk all day, I would likely be a bit less frequent a poster.
I spend very little time on my phone and just aren't active on anything digital unless I'm forced to be (like working). I still really like this place and interacting with you guys :doe:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:12 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:42 am

Cuck Life?

Ohhhhh... Craigslist :lolol:
Well both, really. He's the one that introduced us to this cuck stuff.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:20 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:07 pm

:lolol: Definitely similar. Less jacked :doe:

For some reason I always remember the story of your dad driving the same Mirage for like 400K miles or whatever. That is some serious dedications to :scrooge: life. I do feel like those Mirages weren't as bad as the current ones.
He’s the king of :scrooge: with stuff like that. After the Mirage died he was just driving their old 90s Astro van to and from work, and then when my mom stopped driving he started using her mid/late-00s G35. Other car in the stable is a Camry that they bought for my sister to drive around in.
Before the Mirage he had an 85 MK2 diesel Golf that he finally replaced in 2000.
:dock: My dad had one of these when I was growing up as well, (I think MK2, I want to say it was an '82). That really was one of the most :scrooge: cars imagineable, 52 ponies and it just ran forever. I think my dad gave his to my older half sister circa 1996.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:13 am
D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:09 am

I spend very little time on my phone and just aren't active on anything digital unless I'm forced to be (like working). I still really like this place and interacting with you guys :doe:
Same :sissyfight:

And while I'm pretty at-odds with Max politically, I do like the guy overall. He has good car knowledge, entertaining stories, etc. I long for a day when we can be more than just our political views. Sure, he could come across as a :dong: at times, but it's the fucking internet, everyone has said some mean/dumb stuff behind the armor of their keyboard.

I hope he returns.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:14 am
SAWCE wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:20 pm

He’s the king of :scrooge: with stuff like that. After the Mirage died he was just driving their old 90s Astro van to and from work, and then when my mom stopped driving he started using her mid/late-00s G35. Other car in the stable is a Camry that they bought for my sister to drive around in.
Before the Mirage he had an 85 MK2 diesel Golf that he finally replaced in 2000.
:dock: My dad had one of these when I was growing up as well, (I think MK2, I want to say it was an '82). That really was one of the most :scrooge: cars imagineable, 52 ponies and it just ran forever. I think my dad gave his to my older half sister circa 1996.
My dad had the american version....a Plymouth Horizon. White with red interior :manuel: trans, gutless. But it did run forever, he had it from as far back as I can remember to the mid-90's, and sold it to a friend who drove it into the 2000's until it rusted away.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Happy birthday, :bruh: !

I think at the end of the day, the free market will sort this stuff out. Some jobs can be remote forever and will be. Those roles may become more competitive as people desire that lifestyle. Others may require higher pay to incentivize folks to come in. This is already happening. At my company, they know how hard it is to find decent tech/customer support people at the wages offered, so they are making it WFH permanently to help recruit and keep better talent. Meanwhile, fast food now pays 2+X what it did 1.5 years ago here and it still appears to be too low.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:16 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:13 am

And while I'm pretty at-odds with Max politically, I do like the guy overall. He has good car knowledge, entertaining stories, etc. I long for a day when we can be more than just our political views. Sure, he could come across as a :dong: at times, but it's the fucking internet, everyone has said some mean/dumb stuff behind the armor of their keyboard.

I hope he returns.
I've been working very hard over the last few years to stay as open as I can politically. While I have my own views (I think most everyone does), I want to try to understand other view points so I can better relate and maybe even change my own views. The problem is, not many others feel this way, so you need to read through/around attacks and :bs: which I've learned to do pretty well and not get :triggered: when I strongly disagree with someone. I'm not going to change their opinion, so the best I can do is try to understand it and agree to disagree.

There's certainly elements of Max's political leanings that I :notwrong: sometimes.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:24 am
D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:16 am

I hope he returns.
I've been working very hard over the last few years to stay as open as I can politically. While I have my own views (I think most everyone does), I want to try to understand other view points so I can better relate and maybe even change my own views. The problem is, not many others feel this way, so you need to read through/around attacks and :bs: which I've learned to do pretty well and not get :triggered: when I strongly disagree with someone. I'm not going to change their opinion, so the best I can do is try to understand it and agree to disagree.

There's certainly elements of Max's political leanings that I :notwrong: sometimes.
I do think many of us would be better served as a whole if we were more open minded. I also think we are where we are as a nation because there are so many different view points. It is rare that there is a black and white right and :wrong: , the reality is the compromises serve many people the best.

:ohwell:

Also, sometimes buying into one side wholeheartedly isn't the way. I am pretty liberal leaning for example, but there are elements of it that are just :bs: , the continued money printing of stimulus and funemployment for example, during a massive worker shortage and insane economic/inflation boom.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:10 pm In what will surprise exactly no one, I was on the toilet 3 times today after the epic KFC night. I managed to get a 50 mile bike ride in this afternoon though, so I think that I mostly burned off or shit out the extra calories.

:whocares:

TBH I wish I ate less yesterday only so that I could have some leftovers to eat today.
:jelly: of the KFC binge. I definitely do similarly once a month or so, go all out in epic :fatty: :sweaty: proportions, have an amazing time, then regret it after. A long ride the following day is for the best :doe: , use all of those carbs for some good :lolol: