Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:46 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:41 pm

Probably :notbad: advice.

Although I have two bosses now :lolol: It is real life Office Space.
:ayfkm: :rolleyes:

Hopefully it's just interim?
Our team grew so they promoted Cunty McCuntface to manager, my old boss is still our director :lolol:

:ohwell:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:08 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:46 pm
:ayfkm: :rolleyes:

Hopefully it's just interim?
Our team grew so they promoted Cunty McCuntface to manager, my old boss is still our director :lolol:

So they just created a manager role? Lovely bureaucracy. :rolleyes:

I guess as long as it's not annoying in your day-to-day, but that challenges discussions like career advancement.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:14 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:08 pm

So they just created a manager role? Lovely bureaucracy. :rolleyes:

I guess as long as it's not annoying in your day-to-day, but that challenges discussions like career advancement.
I mean, it made enough sense. The director bro oversees a few small teams and what was like 5 people when I started 3 years ago reporting up to him became more like 15 in various different areas. I don't think he had much time to do day to day coaching and whatnot, but in the short term it's just like... I have 1:1 meetings every week or two with two people instead of one, just kind of silly.

:ohwell: :aintcare:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:12 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:32 pm Hey guys.

Mom passed yesterday evening. I got the call in the morning that things had changed and she was on her way out. Packed a bag and made it up to Lancaster in record time. Got to spend her last 6ish hours with her. Her breathing became more labored just after 7:00pm. We opened the blinds in her room so she could see the sunset, and she took her last breath right as it went behind the horizon. It was beautifully poetic and sad.

I’m heartbroken that she’s gone, but so happy that she’s no longer in pain. The hurt is there, but my overall feeling is that of peace and comfort knowing her suffering has ended.

Thank you all for the kind words and support these last few years as we/I have gone through this.
Hugs man. I'm glad to hear it was peaceful for her and she had the comfort of being at home with her family.
Seconded. Couldn't say it any better.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

troyguitar wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:43 pm Sadface.sawce

I just saw the photos today on faceybook, looked like Mom was happy at the end.

Also, your family all has really great teeth. Such pearly. Much white.
I was looking through some of the other pictures of the wedding when she was just laying on the couch during the “reception”.. such a big smile on her face. I hadn’t seen her smile like that in a long time. I’m so thankful for everyone that helped us pull that off for her.

Haha it’s the Mormon teeth!
SAWCE

Thank you everyone for the kind words.
SAWCE

One last tear jerker for you guys, because it’s a memory I’ll carry with me forever…

When I got to my parents’ house yesterday mom was generally unresponsive. She didn’t/couldn’t acknowledge me when I showed up. We were all just sitting with her, talking to her, holding her hands, etc., while she laid there just struggling to breathe. We put some music on for her to help create a calm environment for her. At one point I had the thought to go grab my old guitar that is still here at their house. I brought it in and played/sang the song that we used for mine and hers “dance” at the wedding. As soon as I was done she looked at me, smiled, and said “thank you Brandon” before returning to her prior state. Music is such a powerful thing and it’s one of the biggest connections I had to her in life, so to have it connect us briefly at the very end.. fuck man, that hit me hard.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:28 pm

I was looking through some of the other pictures of the wedding when she was just laying on the couch during the “reception”.. such a big smile on her face. I hadn’t seen her smile like that in a long time. I’m so thankful for everyone that helped us pull that off for her.

Mormons tend to be very :jimp: looking in general, your family is absolutely no exception there.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:34 pm One last tear jerker for you guys, because it’s a memory I’ll carry with me forever…

When I got to my parents’ house yesterday mom was generally unresponsive. She didn’t/couldn’t acknowledge me when I showed up. We were all just sitting with her, talking to her, holding her hands, etc., while she laid there just struggling to breathe. We put some music on for her to help create a calm environment for her. At one point I had the thought to go grab my old guitar that is still here at their house. I brought it in and played/sang the song that we used for mine and hers “dance” at the wedding. As soon as I was done she looked at me, smiled, and said “thank you Brandon” before returning to her prior state. Music is such a powerful thing and it’s one of the biggest connections I had to her in life, so to have it connect us briefly at the very end.. fuck man, that hit me hard.
I believe strongly in the power of music and it's ability to strike at our core beings. Always have. This is just even more evidence of that.

What was the song?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I would say beyond just teeth, the entire Sawce family is remarkably good looking (well I've never seen your dad I don't think).
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:34 pm One last tear jerker for you guys, because it’s a memory I’ll carry with me forever…

Damn man. This really got me. I'm sure that meant the world to her and it's a really awesome positive memory to have.
ChrisoftheNorth

In other news, did Max bail?
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:38 pm

I believe strongly in the power of music and it's ability to strike at our core beings. Always have. This is just even more evidence of that.

What was the song?
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:46 pm

I would say beyond just teeth, the entire Sawce family is remarkably good looking (well I've never seen your dad I don't think).
Haha he looks like me. I’m just his younger brother.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:06 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:46 pm

:lolol: Definitely similar. Less jacked :doe:

For some reason I always remember the story of your dad driving the same Mirage for like 400K miles or whatever. That is some serious dedications to :scrooge: life. I do feel like those Mirages weren't as bad as the current ones.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:52 pm In other news, did Max bail?
He's taking some time off, I'm hoping he will be back at some point.

It is honestly kind of :sad: around here anymore, active posters are way down.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:07 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:06 pm

:lolol: Definitely similar. Less jacked :doe:

For some reason I always remember the story of your dad driving the same Mirage for like 400K miles or whatever. That is some serious dedications to :scrooge: life. I do feel like those Mirages weren't as bad as the current ones.
He’s the king of :scrooge: with stuff like that. After the Mirage died he was just driving their old 90s Astro van to and from work, and then when my mom stopped driving he started using her mid/late-00s G35. Other car in the stable is a Camry that they bought for my sister to drive around in.
Before the Mirage he had an 85 MK2 diesel Golf that he finally replaced in 2000.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:08 pm

Ah, damn.

Activity ebbs and flows, certainly seems down now. I'll be upping my game now that I'm working again, most of my time to kill will be here. At least we have eachother. :dock: :zing:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Most of society will not WFH forever. The jobs aren’t built that way. At our core we are social beings. Sure personalities play a role into whether we are more extroverted or introverted, but yeah. Plus what would happen if every job ever was remote? That would put so many out of jobs especially if people don’t want to work because they’re “better than working in a physical location”. :iono:

I have a nice balance in my situation so I’m cool with WFH but I just don’t think it’s easily transferable for every job, department, or industry.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Unreal man. Music undoubtedly has the power to move us in deep and mysterious ways. There was that video floating around fairly recently of the Russian ballet dancer with advanced Alzheimer's and when she heard Swan Lake started moving her arms to the music in her wheelchair. Crazy stuff. What a cool, if painful, last memory with your mother.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:32 pm Hey guys.

Mom passed yesterday evening. I got the call in the morning that things had changed and she was on her way out. Packed a bag and made it up to Lancaster in record time. Got to spend her last 6ish hours with her. Her breathing became more labored just after 7:00pm. We opened the blinds in her room so she could see the sunset, and she took her last breath right as it went behind the horizon. It was beautifully poetic and sad.

I’m heartbroken that she’s gone, but so happy that she’s no longer in pain. The hurt is there, but my overall feeling is that of peace and comfort knowing her suffering has ended.

Thank you all for the kind words and support these last few years as we/I have gone through this.
Really sorry for you and your family. But, glad that her suffering is finally over, and how wonderful that her last moments were with her loved ones, peacefully enjoying a sunset. That's a happy memory you can carry with you.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

In what will surprise exactly no one, I was on the toilet 3 times today after the epic KFC night. I managed to get a 50 mile bike ride in this afternoon though, so I think that I mostly burned off or shit out the extra calories.

:whocares:

TBH I wish I ate less yesterday only so that I could have some leftovers to eat today.
wap

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:36 pm

Mormons tend to be very :jimp: looking in general, your family is absolutely no exception there.
That's so awesome. You'll treasure that memory forever.
wap

:iono:
I asked about him a couple weeks ago but got only crickets for a response.
I hope he and Pecs come back soon.
wap

D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:08 pm

:butwhy:
Was it because he was called out for telling :mahtroy: to kill himself: