OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:21 pm
Tarspin wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:07 pm

For sure, this stuff is at the same price point of OEM equip, and I will have less rusting and less dusting. Stretching my wallet for some :fancy: cross drilled shit + racekar hard pads is where it becomes :notsure: , it's not like my kid hauler will ever be on a track. Quiet quality parts that behave like OEM are perfect for my cucking needs, why spend more?
Racekar stuff sucks on the street too, a solid street upgrade is really your best course IMO. And when it comes to brakes, OEMs are usually producing to a price point, so going aftermarket is a legit upgrade. Hopefully you really do see less rusting and dusting.
:dat:

I enjoy the DustTech Street pads, they hold up on track and last a while, but man, they dust like a bitch. I wouldn't bother with anything more aggressive than OEM if you're not doing stuff like spirited Tail of the Dragon runs at a minimum.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Tarspin wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:07 pm

For sure, this stuff is at the same price point of OEM equip, and I will have less rusting and less dusting. Stretching my wallet for some :fancy: cross drilled shit + racekar hard pads is where it becomes :notsure: , it's not like my kid hauler will ever be on a track. Quiet quality parts that behave like OEM are perfect for my cucking needs, why spend more?
Racekar stuff sucks on the street too, a solid street upgrade is really your best course IMO. And when it comes to brakes, OEMs are usually producing to a price point, so going aftermarket is a legit upgrade. Hopefully you really do see less rusting and dusting.
I spoke with a guy who's running the slotted version of the rotors that I ordered. This is a pic he sent me after the first year of Canadian weather with Toronto salting... I should be good 👍🏼 . There is a lot of positive feedback on a local facebook group.

ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Tarspin wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:00 pm
I spoke with a guy who's running the slotted version of the rotors that I ordered. This is a pic he sent me after the first year of Canadian weather with Toronto salting... I should be good 👍🏼 . There is a lot of positive feedback on a local facebook group.

:impressive:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:48 pm

I enjoy the DustTech Street pads, they hold up on track and last a while, but man, they dust like a bitch. I wouldn't bother with anything more aggressive than OEM if you're not doing stuff like spirited Tail of the Dragon runs at a minimum.
I had DustTechs on the C5 and while I loved the performance and low noise, the dust was insane. I've actually never had a dust free pad that wasn't OEM that I liked the performance of.

I do like higher quality rotors :doe: Rusty rotors are :|
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:18 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:48 pm

The Hawk Performance Ceramics seem to be pretty solid for street pads - Trudy is running them on his GTI and has said many positive things.
HPC and EBC Redstuff seems to be the best dust-free option. I'm not sure which ones I'll go with, probably the cheaper. :iono:

These look ok and get good feedback on VW circle-jerk sites:

https://ebcbrakes.com/products/ebc-reds ... rake-pads/
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:32 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:46 am Trugreen stuff does work but it takes 2-3 years to really make things "perfect" for that full murican dream.

We have zero grass on our lot and I'm happy about it... but the landscaping in theory is going to take even more time/money to maintain than a simple lawn. Since we moved in I've done exactly nothing outside :doe: because fuck yard work. :thisisfine:

One of these days I'll get a 5 gallon bucket of weed killer and a sprayer I guess.
Our last house in the city was fully landscaped and it blew HARD. I've tried to keep that in check at the new place because I hate being a slave to landscaping. You can really make it miserable on yourself if you want. 0/7 would recommend.
One of my long range goals for a large portion of our side yard, now that all the pine trees are down, is to do something with just gravel and rocks for zero maintenance and it'll still allow rain to drain. I want to not have so much lawn to deal with.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:23 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:32 pm
Our last house in the city was fully landscaped and it blew HARD. I've tried to keep that in check at the new place because I hate being a slave to landscaping. You can really make it miserable on yourself if you want. 0/7 would recommend.
One of my long range goals for a large portion of our side yard, now that all the pine trees are down, is to do something with just gravel and rocks for zero maintenance and it'll still allow rain to drain. I want to not have so much lawn to deal with.
This is the way.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:08 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:42 am

Pretty mixed, unfortunately. The Church is a lot more open than it used to be, but some people are just set in their ways and fully against it. Sad to see.
It was generally well received by my family luckily, although one or two of my other sisters were less accepting than I’d hoped they would be. Fuck em though. I’ve made sure to make my stance clear and make sure she knows she’s loved and supported.
Glad at least most of the family is supportive for her. Since we acquired Control4 in UT a couple of years ago, I've worked with a ton of LDS peeps, and I have to admit, the community is a lot more open than I expected. Many are sort of prude in funny ways like not cursing and such, but overall very nice people who don't seem to judge others who follow other ways of life.
And that’s how it should be, but unfortunately you still get quite a few who think that everyone should be judged by their personal morals/standards and get all preachy about everything.. even though it makes them a hypocrite since as followers of Christ they should be taking into account his whole “judge not, lest ye be judged” teaching.
wap

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:24 pm
wap wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:23 pm

This is the way.
I'm rather :excited: about it. It'll be a multi-year job that I think will be my retirement project. In my head, it includes some trees, a few plants, a round stone patio with a fire pit, and some patio furniture. When I get into phase 2 (phase 1 was cutting down the 13 pine trees) I may start a thread.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:50 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:08 pm

Glad at least most of the family is supportive for her. Since we acquired Control4 in UT a couple of years ago, I've worked with a ton of LDS peeps, and I have to admit, the community is a lot more open than I expected. Many are sort of prude in funny ways like not cursing and such, but overall very nice people who don't seem to judge others who follow other ways of life.
And that’s how it should be, but unfortunately you still get quite a few who think that everyone should be judged by their personal morals/standards and get all preachy about everything.. even though it makes them a hypocrite since as followers of Christ they should be taking into account his whole “judge not, lest ye be judged” teaching.
EXACTLY
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:51 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:50 pm

EXACTLY
Yuupppp... every time we hang out with my in-laws, my wife and I leave in total :disgust: with religious people. My FIL talks about being Christian constantly but then also just makes loads of racist/sexist/homophobic comments, and it's very :wtf: It's sad because I feel like my wife's faith is somewhat important to her but she's also constantly torn by being disenfranchised with it due to such people.

I imagine most Christians/people of faith are more like the Mormons I work with, great people who can respect others with different views. Sadly the POS hypocrites are the most outspoken of the bunch and it makes people like us :disgust: at the entire lot of them.
wap

:disgust: and :| with organized religion.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:26 pm :disgust: and :| with organized religion.
Me too, and I wish I wasn't/didn't have to be.

I grew up Catholic, was a K-12 Catholic School victim, and while I don't imagine ever practicing Catholicism again, I can see the value religion has for many. I wish that the minority :disgust: people didn't do such a great job at making the entire concept a huge :nope:
wap

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:57 pm
wap wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:26 pm :disgust: and :| with organized religion.
Me too, and I wish I wasn't/didn't have to be.

I grew up Catholic, was a K-12 Catholic School victim, and while I don't imagine ever practicing Catholicism again, I can see the value religion has for many. I wish that the minority :disgust: people didn't do such a great job at making the entire concept a huge :nope:
Totally.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Man, my group bike ride got stormed out for the evening... I guess I will binge eat some 'za instead? :fatty:
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: CHEESE

How’s it going up in tornado alley right now Zil?

2010 Audi TT APR Stg1 (sold) >> 2012 BMW 335i FBO (sold) >> 2009 Miata zoom-zoom spec "Cheese" (sold) >> 2022 Hyundai Elantra N + 1999 Miata Maacover Project
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

RLWake wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:34 pm How’s it going up in tornado alley right now Zil?

It’s a fucking mess.

This is 20 minutes south of me and I drive around the neighborhood daily.

RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: CHEESE

fledonfoot wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:34 pm
RLWake wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:34 pm How’s it going up in tornado alley right now Zil?

It’s a fucking mess.

This is 20 minutes south of me and I drive around the neighborhood daily.

Yikes

2010 Audi TT APR Stg1 (sold) >> 2012 BMW 335i FBO (sold) >> 2009 Miata zoom-zoom spec "Cheese" (sold) >> 2022 Hyundai Elantra N + 1999 Miata Maacover Project
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

hi all. visiting Florida to see friends/family. Flying was easy. :baby: slept on the Houston > Fort Lauderdale flight for like 75% of the duration. We thought she would be more of a handful.

Friend is letting me borrow his 2014 E class for the duration of the trip.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Also TL'DR last few pages. Who wants to catch me up.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Melon Update:

I survived Ida.
House is fine, I got power back this afternoon.
Neighbor's fence is down, but that's the extend of the damage.

Food and fuel is in short supply. I went to Lafayette today to stock up, so I'm good for a while.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
wap

Melon wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:50 pm Melon Update:

I survived Ida.

Food and fuel is in short supply. I went to Lafayette today to stock up, so I'm good for a while.
:fuckyeah:
Great news, :melon: !
wap

razr390 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:38 pm Also TL'DR last few pages. Who wants to catch me up.
:hellno:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Melon wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:50 pm Melon Update:

I survived Ida.

Glad to hear it man! Let me know if you need me to send more pizzas for the cleanup crew!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

R1 emailed me to tell me that they're out of stock on blank and slotted so they refunded me. I got a hold of a local performance shop that has the slotted ones in stock. They are a bit more :wasteful: but these guys ship for free, and have the pads I seek EBC Redstuff, so I should have the whole boot and caboodle delivered to my house for $885 C, tax in. I called around locally earlier today, and stock is shit, so I'm jumping on this kit.

Edit: Dude on :tits: tube swapped out his rotors on a Q50 and paired them with some ceramic pads, review was :notbad: overall. I'm stoked!

I think I'm going to do this with these new puppies, see if I get a couple of rust free years out of them.