:wrong: Soviet car reviews

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Tile driveway

:waxer:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Complete with corny tech bro vanity plate :megusta:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:popcorn:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:20 pm Complete with corny tech bro vanity plate :megusta:
FKMYKID for Max
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Alright drove this thing for about 25 miles and 1 hr... because reasons and woman wanted drive through...
Where do I start.... this is incredibly different from any sort of gasoline car experience. And it is VERY difficult to compare to that. But overall this feels 10 years ahead of any vehicle I have ever driven period. Y'all haters need to experience it for yourselves to understand the difference.

the basics.
2018 100D (non performance version) 7 seat option + white interior + full self driving. 39k miles.

Lets start off with the good:
Interior/Tech:
Car interior quality is far better than I anticipated and it seems to have "worn" well. It is on par with most 39k miles I have seen. Nothing out of the ordinary.
The tech is still current, even though it is 4 model years old... the giant screen is incredibly fast and responds immediately.
The nav system in this car is BETTER than iPhone, interface is identical and its super fast. This is the sole vehicle where CarPlay/AA is absolutely pointless. I figured I will hate all touchscreen things as I like buttons, but frankly it didn't matter. The interface is just that great. BEST IN THE BIZ PERIOD HANDS DOWN 5+ YEARS AHEAD OF EVERYONE in 2018!
Everything is automated... Front/rear doors all close with a button as does the trunk.
The rear view camera is like 1080p. It pains me to go back to the tacoma... Best rear view camera resolution I have ever seen.
The car is very easy to learn... it took me all of 10-15 min and I was comfortable with the completely different driving experience.
Trunk is BIG
Frunk is big enough for a grocery store trip. Overall the amount of space in the car is great.
I can sit behind myself with no issues, but my knees do touch the front seat.
Amount of headroom is enough for someone who is 6'10" front and 6'7" rear.

Drive:
The steering set in sport is pretty good, it's no mini but it is more communicative than the tacoma
The interior is very quiet, probably the quietest interior I have ever been in, very mild wind noise starts at 75+
The front windshield (pictured below) is fucking EPIC. Probably one of my fav features, due to linebacker status, I am in a pill box in the mini and taco, and I can't see overhead traffic lights (same issue in JL). This is polar opposite. there are nearly no blindspots i the car.
1 pedal driving in this car is sublime. You essentially almost never have to use the brakes.
Turning radius is good,
Autopilot works great, best in the biz. Nothing else more to say here, but I only tried it for a bit... will report more later.

What's bad ? This is me after all... I call it how it is.
Exterior:
Paint quality doesn't look great... could be PO but it is pretty swirled etc, and overall the exterior of the car seems "fragile" for lack of a better description. Probably what HerrBerlin experienced with the CuckR

Drive:
My tacoma has better headlights, as does the mini.
Tacoma handles bumps better, there are some minor rattles in the back ( as I live on a shitty road) and this thing comes with the SMALL wheels also.
Overall ride quality while good is not GREAT imo, car feels heavy and crashy over bigger bumps, suspension seems a bit tiredIsh.
The brakes make noise... hard to describe sort of a grabby screechy noise because they auto apply constantly at a stop (I think that can be turned off).
This thing is SLOW. The owner has it locked in "chill" mode, so I can't really experience it fully I believe... but the acceleration has been underwhelming.

Interior:
Things feel fairly fragile... I am :notsure: the doors mechanisms will stand the test of time. There are lot of weird catchy/latchy noises that these things make and they seem incredibly complex.
It is fairly annoying to open/close front doors, because they are automatic... so I am paranoid they will slam into the car next to me... They also don't seem to like being forced open/closed.
This thing is missing cooled seats (but they were added in newer models)
I can't figure out how to customize the dash (perhaps that's TBD due to my own issues). But overall there is not enough info on the dash. For ex it shows either battery % or range in miles. But why the EFF can't you have both ? I Also want to be able to see radio stations up there and or various car functions, but it is somewhat hidden and stupid to use IMO. (Now the touch screen is still amazingly great no issues there)

So overall... hmm solid 3.5/7 for now (would be higher if i had full performance). This thing NEEDS to be faster... but I may have a cucked model... and I am still not convinced about longevity.

But I think the car so far is worth every penny, those hating on it as mentioned need to try one a recent one... not a POS Model S 60kw from 2013. This is quite an amazing machine and I get it. No one else comes close right now period... and this thing came out in 2016! Tesla is doing a lot of things REALLY REALLY right.
More to come:
Range updates
Charging ease/updates
Freeway drive updates (100 miles tomorrow)

Last edited by max225 on Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

How many farts?
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:02 am How many farts?
All thy questions are answered in my long ass rant.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:20 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:02 am How many farts?
Dang quite a bit. Did the biohazard filter work when you farted?

Am :drunk: feel free to not answer
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: occasionally

:popcorn:

Sounds pretty great so far and one of your biggest complaints would be solved with the plaid. Excited to hear more.

And yeah, that windshield is epic. I was shocked the first time I sat in one because of how much visibility there is.
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:49 am
max225 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:20 am

Dang quite a bit. Did the biohazard filter work when you farted?

Am :drunk: feel free to not answer
I haven’t tried it yet. I don’t eat no mo so no farts.
Haha but I’ll try it out tomorrow.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Yeah they make everything else feel like an outdated piece of shit.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:46 am Yeah they make everything else feel like an outdated piece of shit.
Yep. Because it's not designed like a traditional car, it's designed like a phone. That's not a bad thing at all, the bigger issue is the durability in engineering. Phones are meant to be replaced regularly, cars shouldn't be. Yet comments like questionable door hinges and flimsy components are real concerns and should be considered when buying one of these. It will not be as well built as a Toyota or Honda because it's not engineered to the same durability standards, that's a fact. And that makes the price of entry for something like a Model X tough to accept IMO. A Model 3 or Y makes far more sense.

AND the model S and X are early cars. I'm sure a 3 and Y are engineered better and future models will be even better yet. Buying an S or X now, you'd need to accept still being an early adopter. I'm legit :popcorn: for what Tesla comes up with next now that profitability seems to be the norm. I wish the Cybertruck wasn't so hideous.

I hope Tesla and the likes of Rivian and whatnot destroy the established OEMs, especially the Americans who'd rather showboat with empty promises than produce real revolutionary vehicles.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

My buddy with the JL that he sold and with the modded XJ has two.. yes two model Ys. He is of the strong mindset that it is better than the X, and he has had a few Xs for loaners. I’ll be taking one around first week of august. :popcorn: :hibachi:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

max225 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:47 am My buddy with the JL that he sold and with the modded XJ has two.. yes two model Ys. He is of the strong mindset that it is better than the X, and he has had a few Xs for loaners. I’ll be taking one around first week of august. :popcorn: :hibachi:
Model Y is basically a CRV Tessie
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

razr390 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:57 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:47 am My buddy with the JL that he sold and with the modded XJ has two.. yes two model Ys. He is of the strong mindset that it is better than the X, and he has had a few Xs for loaners. I’ll be taking one around first week of august. :popcorn: :hibachi:
No it isn’t, but it’s quite ugly
Last edited by max225 on Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Yeah and therefore better than the Honda in every single way aside from 10 year durability. But max won’t keep it 10 years anyway.
razr390

max225 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:11 pm
How is it not? It’s marketed as a “small SUV”. Built on the same model 3 chassis.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

razr390 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:09 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:11 pm
How is it not? It’s marketed as a “small SUV”. Built on the same model 3 chassis.
It’s just nothing like a traditional crossover. It’s a lot like an ID4, ionic 5 or whatnot.
razr390

max225 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:19 pm
razr390 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:09 pm

It’s just nothing like a traditional crossover. It’s a lot like an ID4, ionic 5 or whatnot.
ID4 looks like an SUV to the normal consumer. Just like the Model Y does. And Model X is a bigger SUV… again, that’s how consumers view them.
max225

So the bitch mode is off. Damn this thing is fast … game changing fast. And this isn’t even the fast one.

Probably about m3 speeds in a pod.

:mindblown:

Charging at my friends house using a Nissan Leaf charger … 18 miles per hr… :gay: should be 30-35 using a Tesla charger
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

That windshield is :amaze:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:00 pm So the bitch mode is off. Damn this thing is fast … game changing fast. And this isn’t even the fast one.

Charging at my friends house using a Nissan Leaf charger … 18 miles per hr… :gay: should be 30-35 using a Tesla charger
:plaid:
max225

Apex wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:04 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:00 pm So the bitch mode is off. Damn this thing is fast … game changing fast. And this isn’t even the fast one.

:plaid:
Yep… that’s the current thought… y’all don’t know what you’re missing.
max225

Hung out at a buddies house left at full…
This vehicle is something else …
:hibachi: thoughts later … I may have to do a thing …
razr390

#TessieGang