OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

razr390 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:51 am
Apex wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:47 am

Doesn’t work that way here… they “didn’t know” the basement they finished wasn’t permitted so we have zero recourse for them moving the closing date as often as they feel like it.
It blows my mind that they “didn’t know something wasn’t permitted” when they were the actual builders said un-permitted basement. That’s no way your fault, and they should have known. I am :deadhorse: but I am sure there is a loophole somewhere. Try to comb through the paperwork line by line and see if anything stands out.
For the 10k outlay, I'd at least schedule one legal consult to review the purchase agreement and go over the situation. This doesn't sound normal to me. :notsure:
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:47 am

Doesn’t work that way here… they “didn’t know” the basement they finished wasn’t permitted so we have zero recourse for them moving the closing date as often as they feel like it.
It blows my mind that they “didn’t know something wasn’t permitted” when they were the actual builders said un-permitted basement. That’s no way your fault, and they should have known. I am :deadhorse: but I am sure there is a loophole somewhere. Try to comb through the paperwork line by line and see if anything stands out.
Attorney has already reviewed the contract and we’re screwed.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:59 am

Ah shucks. Sorry mang.

So the options now are to continue to rent while the current owners live in the house with the permit-less basement reno forever, or to drop the deposit and walk away? Did the housing market cool down a bit in your neck of the woods? Still hot here, but I think it's slowing down quite a bit.
Apex

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:34 am
Apex wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:59 am

Ah shucks. Sorry mang.

So the options now are to continue to rent while the current owners live in the house with the permit-less basement reno forever, or to drop the deposit and walk away? Did the housing market cool down a bit in your neck of the woods? Still hot here, but I think it's slowing down quite a bit.
People have just given up on finding a house in this market. Still near-zero available inventory.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

What's good everyone?

I am really done with this summer... Hope its over soon... but for us summer doesn't end until OCTOBER. :(
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:39 pm What's good everyone?

I am really done with this summer... Hope its over soon... but for us summer doesn't end until OCTOBER. :(
Interestingly the last two weeks of July have been :notbad: here. In July and August anything under 110 is a win. Had the most rain in 15 months a few days ago.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:43 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:39 pm What's good everyone?

Interestingly the last two weeks of July have been :notbad: here. In July and August anything under 110 is a win. Had the most rain in 15 months a few days ago.
Yea that monsoon tends to move up and cause dry lightning here (Happened last year causing those 10k lightning strikes). This year we "escaped it". But I did get pissed on in Huntington.

It hasn't been "BAD" here either, but the fear is that BAD starts in mid august and goes on until October... One of my big oak trees started shedding leafs once we got back from So-Cal, I cleaned that up yesterday and it was a full 64 gal can.. :wtf: ... so I am now watering it bi weekly. Don't want that sucker to die.
Apex

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:53 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:43 pm Been nice knowing you guys.

I have to go find out where the fuck my family is going to live in a week or two. The permits that we were told were started last week didn’t get fucking touched until we started raising hell with the township today. I’m just going to give up the $10k initial deposit and move on. :peace:
Permits?
My apologies, I missed this earlier.
Permits necessary for the conversion of part of the basement from unfinished to finished livable area. Even though it’s not appraised as such.
They may have needed to get a permit for the hot tub too, but we are not sure since no one tells us anything.
max225

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:54 pm

Permits?
Permits necessary for the conversion of part of the basement from unfinished to finished livable area. Even though it’s not appraised as such.
They may have needed to get a permit for the hot tub too, but we are not sure since no one tells us anything.
I don't know if it is different in your state. But this is a for sure suable offense. There is a disclosure form that the seller has to sign that clearly asks for any modifications to the house/permit status etc. The R/E agent has to confirm. Any "lie" on said form is a suable offense.

I do however know that it is different in all states... Just from a common sense perspective I don't see how this is falling on you... you as a buyer are in contract. And if anything they are the ones BREACHING it. Perhaps it is time to get another lawyer.
Desertbreh

Permits?
Yep I figured it out. With the amount of litigation surrounding non permitted building it is always :amazing: to me that people try to save a few bucks and "hassle" and skip the permitting process. Permits DO seem to be quite the revenue generator in NJ based on the [user not found] porch story.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:59 pm

I don't know if it is different in your state. But this is a for sure suable offense. There is a disclosure form that the seller has to sign that clearly asks for any modifications to the house/permit status etc. The R/E agent has to confirm. Any "lie" on said form is a suable offense.

I do however know that it is different in all states... Just from a common sense perspective I don't see how this is falling on you... you as a buyer are in contract. And if anything they are the ones BREACHING it. Perhaps it is time to get another lawyer.
Sellers are claiming it was done by a previous owner and therefore we have no grounds for suit.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote:What's good everyone?

We've had a lot more gray/rainy days than normal this summer. Heat and humidity are fine but I was expecting 10-15 minutes a day of predictable rain followed by sunshine... instead it's been gray probably 30-50% of the time with unpredictable rain. :eeyore:

It's especially annoying when you are trying to build a new career around being an outdoor entertainer (since indoors is still a shitshow of people being unwilling/unable to gather for the foreseeable future). Nobody goes out when it's raining or threatening rain. :ohwell:
Apex

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:09 pm

Yep I figured it out. With the amount of litigation surrounding non permitted building it is always :amazing: to me that people try to save a few bucks and "hassle" and skip the permitting process. Permits DO seem to be quite the revenue generator in NJ based on the [user not found] porch story.
It’s not like the permits are egregiously expensive… :iono:
Shit is what it is, and the town is withholding the smoke cert/certificate of occupancy so we are stuck waiting.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:16 am I made my official debut singing in public the other night, still need a lot of practice but it turned out better than I was expecting:

:nice: the vocals sound good, however the guitar playing there is truly great, nice job dude! Glad to see you getting out there and playing.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

One weird thing here with the weather, though, is that even when it's overcast it is significantly brighter outside than in the same conditions up North. Plus it's always warm rain so getting wet isn't miserable.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:13 pm

Shit is what it is, and the town is withholding the smoke cert/certificate of occupancy so we are stuck waiting.
I'm sorry to hear it man, this is very :wtf:

:iono: it would suck to outlay more money, but it could be worthwhile to try talking to another lawyer and/or real estate cuck?
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:18 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:16 am I made my official debut singing in public the other night, still need a lot of practice but it turned out better than I was expecting:

:nice: the vocals sound good, however the guitar playing there is truly great, nice job dude! Glad to see you getting out there and playing.
:dat: Singing was good....guitar kicks ass!

:impressive:
max225

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:11 pm

Sellers are claiming it was done by a previous owner and therefore we have no grounds for suit.
Did they disclose that they can't legally sell the house because it is not permitted? If no then there is the suit.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Bullshit. If PO did it then it would’ve become the issue it is CURRENTLY during their transaction
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

@Apex

I wouldn't rely on the basic attorney review (done as a matter of course in real estate sales) in this situ.

They are in breach.... talk to a few attorneys about this specific situation. At the very least you can probably get one to write a strong letter threatening legal action in order to light a fire under their unpermitted asses.
Desertbreh

And what sort of timeline is the town giving you for producing these items?
razr390

Irish wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:27 pm @Apex

I wouldn't rely on the basic attorney review (done as a matter of course in real estate sales) in this situ.

They are in breach.... talk to a few attorneys about this specific situation. At the very least you can probably get one to write a strong letter threatening legal action in order to light a fire under their unpermitted asses.
Dat. Resident Desert want to chime in at all? Willing to help a DFD brotha out? At least tell him what his options realistically are?

Imo id the sellers are saying the owners before them installed the basement, then there is NO WAY that they would’ve been able to buy the house… it is would’ve been the issue it is for you with them instead.

I 10000000% agree to get a completely uninvolved attorney’s opinion on this. You do have basis to sue for breach, and a letter threatening that will definitely light a fire under the sellers ass to fix shit quickly. Otherwise, they’d be on the hook for two mortgages.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Apex

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:23 pm

Did they disclose that they can't legally sell the house because it is not permitted? If no then there is the suit.
The sellers disclosure just has n/a or unknown across most items. They took all of 30 seconds to fill that thing out. House has sold apparently twice between when they are saying the permit should have been filed and now.

It looks like the sellers did the basement because they redid the oil tank and relocated that. But we have no proof that they did the basement.

It’s my useless word against theirs and theirs carries far more weight being the sellers.
Apex

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:37 pm

And what sort of timeline is the town giving you for producing these items?
No timeline was nor will be given to us.
“It’s in process.”
razr390

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:39 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:23 pm

The sellers disclosure just has n/a or unknown across most items. They took all of 30 seconds to fill that thing out. House has sold apparently twice between when they are saying the permit should have been filed and now.

It looks like the sellers did the basement because they redid the oil tank and relocated that. But we have no proof that they did the basement.

It’s my useless word against theirs and theirs carries far more weight being the sellers.
N/A means they didn’t disclose it, making them in breach of contract for something like this. Get a proper attorney to review and write a letter. Either it’ll light that fire under their ass or it’ll tell them they’re getting sued so they back out and you get your $10k back.