OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

max225 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:58 pm
Melon wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:13 pm

I can't ever quit you.

No Max, but I don't sit there and focus on things that are beyond my control.

I'm trying to enjoy my life as much as I can while doing what I need to do to protect myself.
Whether a month from COVID, or 50 years from now, one day my card will be punched.
There are things you can do to control whether or not you will get the Vid. Plenty of precautions to be taken.
But feel free to continue to shitpost, I’ll just keep ignoring those comments. Others may want to learn a thing or two from these things as they are developing rapidly at the moment.
Just my point of view.

I didn't say anything negative about you running the numbers or posting.
Fucking chill out.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Melon wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:13 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:58 pm

There are things you can do to control whether or not you will get the Vid. Plenty of precautions to be taken.
But feel free to continue to shitpost, I’ll just keep ignoring those comments. Others may want to learn a thing or two from these things as they are developing rapidly at the moment.
Just my point of view.

I didn't say anything negative about you running the numbers or posting.
Fucking chill out.
I am chill you're continuously shitposting in here.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Last I checked y'all wanted a forum without rules and with free speech.

I'll make sure to run my posts by you beforehand.
max225

Melon wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:16 pm Last I checked y'all wanted a forum without rules and with free speech.

I'll make sure to run my posts by you beforehand.
Cool story bro.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

The E36 drifting was pretty sweet, I stand by that one.

The rest were Grade A shitposts.
max225

Drift was in fact :nice:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Truthfully I haven't much to add. I've been watching the numbers in Louisiana.
One thing you didn't mention is that there is a culture here of "Fuck the science" where people are blatantly ignoring even reasonable precautions. "To own the Libs"
Masks use is all but gone, and people are flaunting the openess.

The media is not helping with their messaging. I think they're trying the 'scare' tactic because the numbers are being ignored.
I know you've been commenting on vaccine efficacy, and truth be told, it's still unknown. The 95% effective rate for COVID-19 may be 70% for DELTA variant, and that may be diminishing over time.
There is so much unknown, and those in authority, such as the CDC are trying their best to be as accurate as possible, but the back and forth comes off as being ignorant and incompetent.

I keep up with the news, but approach everything with a skeptical eye.
As time goes on, the bullshit gets more and more apparent. It's sided politically and the ridiculous right is getting even more ridiculous.

Most people want to get back to normal, I get that 100%, it's going to be a tough sell if restrictions come back.
I'm really watching Cali with their latest mandates. I have a feeling people will largely ignore it here.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

All we need to do to get people to take the vaccine is start giving our doses away to other countries.
Once people can't have access to it anymore, it will be the biggest reverse psychology move in history.

Like not having to take a piss until you see the "CLOSED" sign on the restroom.
max225

Melon wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:31 pm Truthfully I haven't much to add. I've been watching the numbers in Louisiana.
One thing you didn't mention is that there is a culture here of "Fuck the science" where people are blatantly ignoring even reasonable precautions. "To own the Libs"
Masks use is all but gone, and people are flaunting the openess.

The media is not helping with their messaging. I think they're trying the 'scare' tactic because the numbers are being ignored.
I know you've been commenting on vaccine efficacy, and truth be told, it's still unknown. The 95% effective rate for COVID-19 may be 70% for DELTA variant, and that may be diminishing over time.
There is so much unknown, and those in authority, such as the CDC are trying their best to be as accurate as possible, but the back and forth comes off as being ignorant and incompetent.

I keep up with the news, but approach everything with a skeptical eye.
As time goes on, the bullshit gets more and more apparent. It's sided politically and the ridiculous right is getting even more ridiculous.

Most people want to get back to normal, I get that 100%, it's going to be a tough sell if restrictions come back.
I'm really watching Cali with their latest mandates. I have a feeling people will largely ignore it here.
https://ldh.la.gov/Coronavirus/

Yep the Louisiana numbers are pretty bad. I suspect it is actually a combination of low vaccination+ lack of rules+fuck the gov+delta starting to spread. So with that quadruple threat the 14% positivity + 1500+ cases per day in a 4.6M state is quite troubling and will only get worse.

The current direction/commentary on my end was just to urge caution @ current vaccine effectiveness etc and avoiding high risk activities. Obviously it's just the 20 of us reading this, and all of us are vaccinated (active posters), so it isn't like I am trying to convince someone not to get their shot.

The concerning part is... even areas with vaccination rates DOUBLE of Luisiana's 40% (SF's 80%) are also quadrupling in their case count. That is a clear undeniable correlation that something isn't right. Granted it coincides with us dropping all rules just about 5 weeks ago. So whether it is rules or lack of vaccine efficacy due to delta remains to be seen. Because then we'd have to lock down and see if causes a dent in the current rise. Problem is... cases will lag for another 3-4 weeks as prior even if we locked down today.... So I fear the worst at the moment... the gov has failed us in a lot of ways lately..
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:43 pm The current direction/commentary on my end was just to urge caution @ current vaccine effectiveness etc and avoiding high risk activities. Obviously it's just the 20 of us reading this, and all of us are vaccinated (active posters), so it isn't like I am trying to convince someone not to get their shot.
100% Agree.
I'm watching the reports as much as you. They're reporting it as 100% safe, but like yourself, I'm concerned.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:19 pm Drift was in fact :nice:
New avatar. Is that a politburo member checking the Lada?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:02 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:19 pm Drift was in fact :nice:
Komrade Putins first car... aka the Russian Porsche (rear engine/aircooled/manuel).... Here is him with the dude that ordered 9-11. Fun fact the last avatar was my pic that I took back in the home country.... it was from like 8 years ago, and i went back 3 years ago and it was still parked in the same spot.

Запоро́жець is the name of the car it was made about 30 min outside of the city where I was born... which was known for making other things...
Last edited by max225 on Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:08 pm

Komrade Putins first car... aka the Russian Porsche (rear engine/aircooled/manuel).... Here is him with the dude that ordered 9-11. Fun fact the last avatar was me actually a pic I took back in the home country.... it was from like 8 years ago, and i went back 3 years ago and it was still parked in the same spot.

Запоро́жець is the name of the car it was made about 30 min outside of the city where I was born... which was known for making other things...
Excellent work. It looks like Putin is going to have some :225: issues.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:12 pm

Komrade Putins first car... aka the Russian Porsche (rear engine/aircooled/manuel).... Here is him with the dude that ordered 9-11. Fun fact the last avatar was me actually a pic I took back in the home country.... it was from like 8 years ago, and i went back 3 years ago and it was still parked in the same spot.

Excellent work. It looks like Putin is going to have some :225: issues.
Wonder if the I3 will have wider tires...

Also perhaps I need to change it up to this one...
2 siberian imports + poonslayer.

Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Komrade Putins first car... aka the Russian Porsche (rear engine/aircooled/manuel).... Here is him with the dude that ordered 9-11. Fun fact the last avatar was my pic that I took back in the home country.... it was from like 8 years ago, and i went back 3 years ago and it was still parked in the same spot.

This?
max225

Melon wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:46 pm

This?
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:nuke:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Melon wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:47 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:43 pm The current direction/commentary on my end was just to urge caution @ current vaccine effectiveness etc and avoiding high risk activities. Obviously it's just the 20 of us reading this, and all of us are vaccinated (active posters), so it isn't like I am trying to convince someone not to get their shot.
100% Agree.
I'm watching the reports as much as you. They're reporting it as 100% safe, but like yourself, I'm concerned.
Also concerned. Wife and I have gone back to wearing masks and thinking twice about the places we go.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

https://www.cgdev.org/publication/three ... 9-pandemic

A new study is showing that India is at 3.4M excess deaths, which is 10 times their reported COVID death toll. Less than 7% of the population is vaccinated.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:48 am
Melon wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:47 pm

100% Agree.
Also concerned. Wife and I have gone back to wearing masks and thinking twice about the places we go.
In the past few days I have gone back to mask usage.
Kinda sucks, I was definitely enjoying things getting back to normal, but alas, here we are.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Melon wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:36 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:48 am
Kinda sucks, I was definitely enjoying things getting back to normal, but alas, here we are.
:sad:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:39 am
Melon wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:36 am

I'm very fortunate, I can WFH, my hobby involves long hours in the garage, and autocross events are outdoors.
The impact to my life is rather minimal. With fall on the distant horizon, I'll have two nice cars I can take out for cruises, not a bad way to live TBH.

I should grab a bicycle while they're available.
max225

Huckleberry wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:51 am https://www.cgdev.org/publication/three ... 9-pandemic

A new study is showing that India is at 3.4M excess deaths, which is 10 times their reported COVID death toll. Less than 7% of the population is vaccinated.
Not surprising at all.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Melon wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:13 pm
coogles wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:39 am

I'm very fortunate, I can WFH, my hobby involves long hours in the garage, and autocross events are outdoors.
The impact to my life is rather minimal. With fall on the distant horizon, I'll have two nice cars I can take out for cruises, not a bad way to live TBH.

Bicycles are available? Where?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
Melon wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:13 pm I'm very fortunate, I can WFH, my hobby involves long hours in the garage, and autocross events are outdoors.

Bicycles are available? Where?
I'm seeing road bikes and components being cheaper and more available now that I paid top dollar for a bunch of stuff. Buy high, sell low baby.