OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:42 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:14 pm

That is more my thought process. I view us as lucky - :tits: bought a cheap ass townhouse for $120K in 2014. That went up 50% in four years so she walked away with ~$60K. We used that to buy this house in 2019 and we would have been screwed if we hadn't, we would've had to try to save more but the prices go up $10K/month which is way more than we could ever save. It is pretty sad.

@Max, I would honestly stay in CA. You already have a nice place to live in the best area of the US, why would you leave? If you could get something cash in FL and have no mortgage, sure, but to just wind up in the same position but in a swamp? Nah. And FWIW I love FL and will probably live there again one day, but CA is ultimately better if you're rich enough.
Why?
1. Unprecedented weather that made it terrible over the last few years, not even the heat but the smoke. I think we had 50 days of smoke last year i.e hazardous to your health type stuff.
2. Continuous political degradation that will start to affect me and my sig other through wealth redistribution etc.
3. Desire to lower COL. I want to lower my mortgage/remove it all together and live off the savings. I mean 700k delta... that's 1.5M pre tax/deductions etc... so I would not have to work for 15 years at 100k a year by moving to a cheaper place. That's impossible to ignore.
4. Taxes/social welfare programs in this state are insane. Gas is $5 + cap gains + income + plethora of other taxes, (Car registration etc). A dollar here goes 1/2 the distance of the cheaper states. Ties in with #1.

Literally changing to a different state would more than double my predicted run-rate of "running of cash".
Stone Cold.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: '22 Camry

Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:15 pm
Tarspin wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:07 pm

Yeah the kids are getting it and spending it. It's not full bloom but on the way... house prices are going to go up from here, so is everything else. What about immigration? Nobody coming and going right now, that'll change soon which puts higher demand on houses. For all we know they're cheap right now.
I don't see wages going up to sustain this...so if things are indeed cheap right now (they could be?) then the wealth gap is going to become immense.

So here is my opinion/theory, and I understand that it's worthless, but it works in my favor to follow the thought pattern:

It will/already is an immense wealth gap. My neighbors house sold for $1.585MM which is double what it cost her in 2015! So in the GTA you are NOW either a Have, or you are a Have Not. My brother almost landed a house right as the pandemic was lightening up, and now he's 2-300k in the hole because he missed his opportunity by literally two months, a time when houses sat doing nothing and the world was still ending. He'll probably never own a detached house in the Greater Toronto Area, unless he inherits cash from the parents.

In 20 years, I will be lucky to sell my house to someone who already owns one and wants to upgrade to the next level, or some newcomer who sold their business overseas and wants to :troywax: because they can.

I don't see house/food/car prices going up, I see cash value sliding downwards, it has been doing that and very well documented for the last 100 years. Inflation doesn't show up right after a money printing disaster, it does so later when the spending by the population takes off again, one of the reasons why they send you guys trumpbux whether you need it or not. Gotta get the machine churning spending again. 2008-2011 was this way too, prices took off in 2012 and keep going for 8 yrs. A few months before Covid became a thing, the economy came to a screeching halt, I remember sitting and doing nothing for almost two straight months (NOV-JAN).

The pandemic is the best thing that could happen for the economy short of war, which IMO is what will pull us out of our next nasty dip in 8-9 years. What makes me sad, is that we as a society have no control of the process, or say for that matter. I play the game, but it destroys the lives of those on the wrong side of the equation. You've got a very unique situation, because your house may be worth a lot more then you paid, specifically because it is near a big body of water, so there is multiple types of buyers and always will be.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:56 pm
max225 wrote:
Right, I am not moving tomorrow. So that's ok, I am doing the research now... That's why I am leveraging the like minded individuals of this forum to figure it out or at least point me in the more correct directions.

Staying here is fine, but I'd rather avoid $7k a month in residency expenses.
It sounds like you need to lower your standards for a "decent" home or work until 55 instead of 45.
It really depends on where... I don't want to have a 7k bill monthly period. I think aiming to cut that in 1/2 is a reasonable thing to achieve. There should be some decent areas that will allow for $3500 in residency expenses and a decent Standard of living (8+ school rating) etc.
max225

Tarspin wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:02 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:15 pm
I don't see wages going up to sustain this...so if things are indeed cheap right now (they could be?) then the wealth gap is going to become immense.

So here is my opinion/theory, and I understand that it's worthless, but it works in my favor to follow the thought pattern:

It will/already is an immense wealth gap. My neighbors house sold for $1.585MM which is double what it cost her in 2015! So in the GTA you are NOW either a Have, or you are a Have Not. My brother almost landed a house right as the pandemic was lightening up, and now he's 2-300k in the hole because he missed his opportunity by literally two months, a time when houses sat doing nothing and the world was still ending. He'll probably never own a detached house in the Greater Toronto Area, unless he inherits cash from the parents.

In 20 years, I will be lucky to sell my house to someone who already owns one and wants to upgrade to the next level, or some newcomer who sold their business overseas and wants to :troywax: because they can.

I don't see house/food/car prices going up, I see cash value sliding downwards, it has been doing that and very well documented for the last 100 years. Inflation doesn't show up right after a money printing disaster, it does so later when the spending by the population takes off again, one of the reasons why they send you guys trumpbux whether you need it or not. Gotta get the machine churning spending again. 2008-2011 was this way too, prices took off in 2012 and keep going for 8 yrs. A few months before Covid became a thing, the economy came to a screeching halt, I remember sitting and doing nothing for almost two straight months (NOV-JAN).

The pandemic is the best thing that could happen for the economy short of war, which IMO is what will pull us out of our next nasty dip in 8-9 years. What makes me sad, is that we as a society have no control of the process, or say for that matter. I play the game, but it destroys the lives of those on the wrong side of the equation. You've got a very unique situation, because your house may be worth a lot more then you paid, specifically because it is near a big body of water, so there is multiple types of buyers and always will be.
So do you think your neighbors made about 350k a year gross to afford that house? Or new residents ? That seems like a very high level of pay to sustain for 30 years.
max225

https://www.redfin.com/FL/St-Petersburg ... e/48067912

Like this home is decent... but :jesus: 1/2 school ratings... I don't think I have ever seen one below 3. Is the child just going to get Crucified on day 1?
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Daily reminder/request for votes. 2 for $1 are back, but there are only 2 more days left in this round, so I'm going to wait and hold off until later in the round to buy any myself. If anyone is interested in doing a large buy and working out a reimbursement thing like Dirk had suggested, shoot me a message or a text. I think most people here have my digits.

https://featured.muscleandfitness.com/2021/brandon-al
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote:https://www.redfin.com/FL/St-Petersburg ... e/48067912

Like this home is decent... but :jesus: 1/2 school ratings... I don't think I have ever seen one below 3. Is the child just going to get Crucified on day 1?
I'm not sure about that area in particular, but there are definitely some trashy neighborhoods of both colors mixed in around town.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: X5, Bison

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:16 pm Daily reminder/request for votes. 2 for $1 are back, but there are only 2 more days left in this round, so I'm going to wait and hold off until later in the round to buy any myself. If anyone is interested in doing a large buy and working out a reimbursement thing like Dirk had suggested, shoot me a message or a text. I think most people here have my digits.

Voted!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:40 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:16 pm Daily reminder/request for votes. 2 for $1 are back, but there are only 2 more days left in this round, so I'm going to wait and hold off until later in the round to buy any myself. If anyone is interested in doing a large buy and working out a reimbursement thing like Dirk had suggested, shoot me a message or a text. I think most people here have my digits.

Voted!
:dat:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:10 pm
Tarspin wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:02 pm

So do you think your neighbors made about 350k a year gross to afford that house? Or new residents ? That seems like a very high level of pay to sustain for 30 years.
I think that they will have 50-75% of it paid off when they move in with their parents who will likely have sold their home to live in the basement. Having only 25-50% of that amount in mortgage changes the equation.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Voted
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Thank you sirs!
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:31 pm
max225 wrote:https://www.redfin.com/FL/St-Petersburg ... e/48067912

I'm not sure about that area in particular, but there are definitely some trashy neighborhoods of both colors mixed in around town.
Problem is a lot of these areas were never intended to be for families. They spent decades or maybe their entire existence catering to retirees and the poor people who service them. That's exactly how it is where we are, our neighbors send their kids to private school because the public schools are so bad. They just "deal with" the :jesus: I couldn't do that.
Desertbreh

Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:07 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:31 pm I'm not sure about that area in particular, but there are definitely some trashy neighborhoods of both colors mixed in around town.
Problem is a lot of these areas were never intended to be for families. They spent decades or maybe their entire existence catering to retirees and the poor people who service them. That's exactly how it is where we are, our neighbors send their kids to private school because the public schools are so bad. They just "deal with" the :jesus: I couldn't do that.
https://gtacs.org/

Beats the alternative, I'm afraid.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:40 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:07 pm

The alternative is to buy a house for 2k a month more instead of paying 2k a month for a school.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:57 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:40 pm

The alternative is to buy a house for 2k a month more instead of paying 2k a month for a school.
:dat: I wouldn't live here if we had CFs.

But my taxes are $3k annually. Can't expect to get much for that, especially not good schools.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:howdy: folks! How's everyone doing today?
max225

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:32 am :howdy: folks! How's everyone doing today?
Purdy good. Weird ass dreams all night though…
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:36 am
Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:32 am :howdy: folks! How's everyone doing today?
What happened in your dreams? I only remember mine when they stress me out.
max225

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:47 am
max225 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:36 am

It was Bizzare, went to grocery store to quickly pick up coffee creamer … realized my cc's are missing… paid with cash, which I rarely carry. Then I realized that I’m missing the entire last night of memories … was trying to figure out how much money was missing from my CC due to nefarious strip club shit… and nothing was working to tell me how much was charged. But it was somewhere in the 5 figures

Shitty ass way to wake up
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:51 am
Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:47 am

It was Bizzare, went to grocery store to quickly pick up coffee creamer … realized my cc's are missing… paid with cash, which I rarely carry. Then I realized that I’m missing the entire last night of memories … was trying to figure out how much money was missing from my CC due to nefarious strip club shit… and nothing was working to tell me how much was charged. But it was somewhere in the 5 figures

That would have been an epic night. The plot probably would have included roofies if you could stay asleep long enough. You basically relived The Hangover wake up scene :lol:

So strip clubs... My wife has been extra jealous of me around other women lately, and the worst part is that every time she sees me walking my dog I bump into a woman who ends up walking along with me, or engages in longer convos. She thinks that the neighbor chick who sold her house has the hots for me, calls the woman who lives across from the beach house my girlfriend. Yesterday a redhead, myself and the British lady down the road from who chats with EVERYONE all stood around talking for ten minutes, we discussed security cams, dogs, and other :bs: , so sure enough the redhead decides to continue with her walk but her dog wouldn't move. Seeing this, and knowing that she's going in my direction I offered to walk my :doge: in front of hers, and sure enough the plan works, her pooch gets up and follows mind. Finally get to my front door, we wave goodbye and my wife pops out the front door with big eyes... "Really?!?" she says.... I just shrug now, I thought we were too old for this stuff. I don't think I could just walk into a peeler without keeping if from the wife-unit. A CC bill from "Diamonds" or "Airport Strip" would be no bueno in this era of our relationship.
max225

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:02 am
max225 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:51 am

That would have been an epic night. The plot probably would have included roofies if you could stay asleep long enough. You basically relived The Hangover wake up scene :lol:

So strip clubs... My wife has been extra jealous of me around other women lately, and the worst part is that every time she sees me walking my dog I bump into a woman who ends up walking along with me, or engages in longer convos. She thinks that the neighbor chick who sold her house has the hots for me, calls the woman who lives across from the beach house my girlfriend. Yesterday a redhead, myself and the British lady down the road from who chats with EVERYONE all stood around talking for ten minutes, we discussed security cams, dogs, and other :bs: , so sure enough the redhead decides to continue with her walk but her dog wouldn't move. Seeing this, and knowing that she's going in my direction I offered to walk my :doge: in front of hers, and sure enough the plan works, her pooch gets up and follows mind. Finally get to my front door, we wave goodbye and my wife pops out the front door with big eyes... "Really?!?" she says.... I just shrug now, I thought we were too old for this stuff. I don't think I could just walk into a peeler without keeping if from the wife-unit. A CC bill from "Diamonds" or "Airport Strip" would be no bueno in this era of our relationship.
Damn so she is just constantly watching you? Or do the chatty mcchats happen so often that she randomly sees you with various neighborhood hotties ;)
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:05 am
Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:02 am

Damn so she is just constantly watching you? Or do the chatty mcchats happen so often that she randomly sees you with various neighborhood hotties ;)
I think that they happen too often, but I talk to everyone. You walk out my front door and there's always someone standing in front of my house yapping with me. The "girlfriend" and I happened to be talking about condo shit, and I'm volunteering as the President of the board, and i need more people to be on the board. She did offer to have me come by for some drinks sometimes, and when I'm sitting in my car and she sends her kids off to the beach or whatever she conspicuously lingers in front of her house, picking up little things off her front lawn. I dunno, maybe my wife knows all this :lol:
max225

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:12 am

I think that they happen too often, but I talk to everyone. You walk out my front door and there's always someone standing in front of my house yapping with me. The "girlfriend" and I happened to be talking about condo shit, and I'm volunteering as the President of the board, and i need more people to be on the board. She did offer to have me come by for some drinks sometimes, and when I'm sitting in my car and she sends her kids off to the beach or whatever she conspicuously lingers in front of her house, picking up little things off her front lawn. I dunno, maybe my wife knows all this :lol:
:popcorn: this is peaking my interest. I just avoid females around my female like a cuck. It just leads to senseless questions and annoying bickering.
But don’t ask don’t tell, when I’m doing shit on my own with guy friends.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:12 am

How hot is said redhead?