OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:07 pm Muscle and Fitness magazine is running an online competition in which the winner will be featured in the mag and website in addition to winning $20k.

If anyone here would like to vote for me, that would be greatly appreciated! You can vote once, vote daily, or buy votes with the proceeds of those going towards disabled veterans.

https://featured.muscleandfitness.com/2021/brandon-al
Voted :like:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Thank you!!
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:46 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:48 pm

Thank you man!

And yep, that’s my dad! My 28-year-older twin.
Woa! You and your dad look incredibly similar!
We really do. It was noticeable when I was younger, but the last few years his genes have really pulled through in my facial features.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:23 pmThank you!!
Voted as well
SAWCE

Really appreciate you guys :)
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:24 pm Really appreciate you guys :)
congrats brethen! saw whats up on instaa
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SAWCE

Coming hat in hand again asking for your daily votes, please and thank you!

ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:52 am Coming hat in hand again asking for your daily votes, please and thank you!

They have a strict 24 hr time limit on free votes. :impressive:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Irish

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:17 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:52 am Coming hat in hand again asking for your daily votes, please and thank you!

:dat:
SAWCE

Oh interesting! Thanks for trying today anyways! I figured it automatically reset at midnight every day.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Voted!
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:09 pm
Oh interesting! Thanks for trying today anyways! I figured it automatically reset at midnight every day.
Oh dude, voted! I just had to wait for the 24hrs to pass. I assumed a midnight reset too, but whatever.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

:wub: you all
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:35 pm:wub: you all
You deserve all the winning. If I can help, however small, I will. :gaydance:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Another vote to kick off the day, let's get that 🍞
SAWCE

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:38 am Another vote to kick off the day, let's get that 🍞
:fuckyeah: You’re the man! Thank you!

The link again in case we kick on to the next page in this thread today:

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:15 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:46 pm Man,I've had a busy-ass week. Still not done yet, but it isthe perfect blend of WFH/custy visits to get me out of the house.

I'm really proud of the efforts that my wife and I have been making to keep it together on the home front, especially with the kids home 24/7. She's a trooper, and our morning workouts are helping. Wife is losing weight and I'm feeling more toned/core strength and starting to look better which fixes a few things for us both.

We had a rocky start with the pool opening, mainly me battling algae from being under a cover, and me borking the salt system accidentally, oops. We switched to chlorine tablets and it's so easy. This is our new reality going into a crazy hot weekend... :fuckyeah: !

Nice pool..... We got in ours for the first time of the season yesterday. I am OCD/anal about it and i keep it immaculate. I use the guidance found here.... troublefreepool.com

No pucks, no poolstore chems

Chlorinating liquid (used to be able to just use bleach, but they started adding surfactants),
baking soda (Ups Alkalinity, which buffers pH and keeps it steady),
cyanuric acic (Stabilizer- protects Chlorine from sunlight) and
muriatic acid (lowers Ph).

That's pretty much it. I do add borates as well but that that is just personal preference as it breaks down surface tension, makes the pool truly sparkle and softens the skin feel of the water.

Be wary of the tablets.... they usually have the Stabilizer (CYA) in them and when that gets too high, it borks the efficacy of Chlorine...big time... the only fix is partially draining the pool.....

If you ever need any pointers, hit me up..... water chemistry is a hobby of mine....
I like this Chem combo, the liquid chlorine did a great job of wiping out algae after I opened it. My PH started to climb, it would be nice to have the confidence to dump baking soda into the pool as I suspected should work. Thank you for these suggestions!

Water is still on pucks for now, and I'm really surprised to see how quickly it starts to fog up if I forget to add them (about two or three days)!

The plan is to ride out a few rainfalls and kids splash sessions, and as I add more water I'll be able to dilute the excess salt and I'll be able to switch over to the salt cell.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:hai:

Fabulous weather these past few days. Highs in the upper 70's then down to the high 50's/low 60's over night. :megusta:

Still in a drought :doe:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

wap wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:18 am :hai:

Fabulous weather these past few days. Highs in the upper 70's then down to the high 50's/low 60's over night. :megusta:

:hai: we’re going to be at 106 tomorrow
wap

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:58 am

:disgust: :sweaty:

Some of the places we're going to be visiting next week may get up into triple digits, too. :yikes:
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:03 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:58 am

Some of the places we're going to be visiting next week may get up into triple digits, too. :yikes:
I saw there's a heatwave out west, pretty much through the areas you're going. Will still be :fuckyeah: just stay hydrated!
ChrisoftheNorth

Same here. Drought is a bit scary, we're starting to get wildfire warnings, which in northern MI is :mindblown:

Luckily the temps are moderate, but it's supposed to warm up this weekend.
Irish

Tarspin wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:58 am
Irish wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:15 pm

Nice pool..... We got in ours for the first time of the season yesterday. I am OCD/anal about it and i keep it immaculate. I use the guidance found here.... troublefreepool.com

No pucks, no poolstore chems

Chlorinating liquid (used to be able to just use bleach, but they started adding surfactants),
baking soda (Ups Alkalinity, which buffers pH and keeps it steady),
cyanuric acic (Stabilizer- protects Chlorine from sunlight) and
muriatic acid (lowers Ph).

That's pretty much it. I do add borates as well but that that is just personal preference as it breaks down surface tension, makes the pool truly sparkle and softens the skin feel of the water.

Be wary of the tablets.... they usually have the Stabilizer (CYA) in them and when that gets too high, it borks the efficacy of Chlorine...big time... the only fix is partially draining the pool.....

If you ever need any pointers, hit me up..... water chemistry is a hobby of mine....
I like this Chem combo, the liquid chlorine did a great job of wiping out algae after I opened it. My PH started to climb, it would be nice to have the confidence to dump baking soda into the pool as I suspected should work. Thank you for these suggestions!

Water is still on pucks for now, and I'm really surprised to see how quickly it starts to fog up if I forget to add them (about two or three days)!

The plan is to ride out a few rainfalls and kids splash sessions, and as I add more water I'll be able to dilute the excess salt and I'll be able to switch over to the salt cell.
Baking Soda raises Total Alkalinity and pH

Muriatic Acid (Liquid) or Sodium BiSulfate (Dry Acid Salts) lower pH.

High pH affects the efficacy of Chlorine as well, so it pays to keep it in the 7.2-7.8 range.

I have to add Chlorine every 1-2 days to keep it at sanitizing levels. Sanitizing levels are dictated by the CYA level. The lower the Cya the lower amount of Chlorine you need but the faster sunlight burns it off.

So your issue is too high a salt content? Can't you just run the salt cell less?
wap

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:13 pm
wap wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:03 pm

I saw there's a heatwave out west, pretty much through the areas you're going. Will still be :fuckyeah: just stay hydrated!
We are so much looking forward to it. We're bringing 2 cases of water so hydration shouldn't be an issue. Still, good advice is good. Plus, the H has cooled seats which should keep the :knot: from getting too :moist: . :megusta:

Also, farther south than we're going to be, but relevant to the discussion.
https://news.yahoo.com/u-likely-claims- ... 00050.html
On Tuesday, Death Valley, California, climbed to 124 degrees, making it not only the hottest spot in the United States but also likely one of the hottest, if not the hottest, locations in the world.

Wednesday was forecast to only get hotter, with Death Valley predicted to soar to a blistering 128 degrees.

:nope:

Where we're going to be in bold:
With temperatures rising to 10 to 30 degrees above average, dozens of records were demolished Tuesday across Wyoming, Utah, South Dakota, Nevada, Arizona and Southern California. Casper, Wyoming, broke its previous record high of 93 by a full 9 degrees. Many other Western cities saw similar, even more extreme events: Billings, Montana, shattered its daily record by 10 degrees (new record: 108), and Chula Vista, California, smashed its record by a whopping 13 whole degrees (new record: 89).

All-time record temperatures were tied on Tuesday in Billings at 108 degrees
:yikes: :yikes: :thisisfine:
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:10 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:13 pm
We are so much looking forward to it. We're bringing 2 cases of water so hydration shouldn't be an issue. Still, good advice is good. Plus, the H has cooled seats which should keep the :knot: from getting too :moist: . :megusta:

Also, farther south than we're going to be, but relevant to the discussion.
https://news.yahoo.com/u-likely-claims- ... 00050.html
On Tuesday, Death Valley, California, climbed to 124 degrees, making it not only the hottest spot in the United States but also likely one of the hottest, if not the hottest, locations in the world.

Wednesday was forecast to only get hotter, with Death Valley predicted to soar to a blistering 128 degrees.

:nope:

Where we're going to be in bold:
With temperatures rising to 10 to 30 degrees above average, dozens of records were demolished Tuesday across Wyoming, Utah, South Dakota, Nevada, Arizona and Southern California. Casper, Wyoming, broke its previous record high of 93 by a full 9 degrees. Many other Western cities saw similar, even more extreme events: Billings, Montana, shattered its daily record by 10 degrees (new record: 108), and Chula Vista, California, smashed its record by a whopping 13 whole degrees (new record: 89).

All-time record temperatures were tied on Tuesday in Billings at 108 degrees
:yikes: :yikes: :thisisfine:
This is scary stuff for June IMO, but it's the way things are now I guess. Let's just hope there aren't crazy fires again.

I think you guys will still have a ton of fun. I'm :jelly: