Northern MI Cucklyfe: Floating Garage Edition

Strut your greasy stuff!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:03 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:47 pm
The cover that came with it isn't water proof...rain water just soaks right through it and floods the boat. I'd rather leave that off so the boat can air out after rain. My waterproof cover is supposed to be delivered today, so that will go on as soon as it's on.

BUT

Michele has been lighting up the world, and supposedly the hoist company is going to meet us at our hoist at 9am tomorrow to get it setup with the boat and everything. We're waking up early to launch the boat, and we'll see what happens. I'm fully expecting them to ghost us.
:fuckyeah: :excited:
In4updates
Got SCREWED with work stuff, so didn't get the boat in this morning, but :tits: went down to the water supervise. They showed up 45 minutes ago and have been working away. :excited:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:30 am

In4updates
Got SCREWED with work stuff, so didn't get the boat in this morning, but :tits: went down to the water supervise. They showed up 45 minutes ago and have been working away. :excited:
:notbad:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:30 am

In4updates
:fuckyeah: :impressive:

:well:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

Well, yesterday was an eventful day. Because I'm an idiot and like lighting money on fire, I decided to upgrade the audio in the boat. We enjoy music, and I haven't really done much tinkering in a while, so I took a good portion of the day installing new Infinity marine speakers to go along with the sony headunit I put in a month or so ago. The boat stock has just 2 6.5" speakers in the front and that's it. I upgraded those and also added 2 8" speakers under the back seat. I wanted bass out of them, and it's amazing how well they work. Overall, it sounds fantastic. I didn't take pictures during the install because I suck, but...

The floating garage at last!

The weather was gorgeous yesterday, so the boat launches were JAMMED with people. We figured we'd just launch the boat today instead, so we went to the beach and then dinner. We were driving home around 7:45 and noticed the boat launch was pretty quiet, the water was glass, and we still have almost 2 hours of light left, so we went home, grabbed the boat, dropped it in the water and the wife drove it over while I drove the CT and trailer back to meet her. Of course the host guides needed to be adjusted a bit, but we had some neighbors hanging out in the marina wife grabbed a few people and went out for a ride while I worked on the hoist with another neighbor. Man, the boat sounds awesome blasting around the bay, it was the first time I heard it from the shore.

:csb:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

:fuckyeah: FINALLY!!!!!

Boat and hoist look sweet. You gonna get an awning or tarp or whatever it's called to cover the whole thing like the one to the right?
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:56 am :fuckyeah: FINALLY!!!!!

Boat and hoist look sweet. You gonna get an awning or tarp or whatever it's called to cover the whole thing like the one to the right?
It's got one. The place we bought the hoist from is going to install it, they just want the boat on the hoist first so they can make sure the cover is centered and it makes it easier to install. Will be nice to not have to cover the boat all the time.
wap

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:00 am
wap wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:56 am :fuckyeah: FINALLY!!!!!

It's got one. The place we bought the hoist from is going to install it, they just want the boat on the hoist first so they can make sure the cover is centered and it makes it easier to install. Will be nice to not have to cover the boat all the time.
:word:
So, has all the hassle been worth it now that she's finally in the water for the season?
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

:fuckyeah: Nice freaking set up there man. :jelly: I think you will love it. And if it becomes more hassle than it's worth, you will be able to sell it for more than what you paid.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:34 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:00 am
So, has all the hassle been worth it now that she's finally in the water for the season?
We'll see how much we use the boat, but I'm hopeful.

:tits: blasted the propeller backing the boat out of the launch yesterday, it's pretty chewed up. Aunt gave us a backup, so I'll be swapping that soon. Yay.
ChrisoftheNorth

Irish wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:14 pm :fuckyeah: Nice freaking set up there man. :jelly: I think you will love it. And if it becomes more hassle than it's worth, you will be able to sell it for more than what you paid.
Exactly. This will be a good experiment.
wap

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:30 pm
wap wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:34 am

:tits: blasted the propeller backing the boat out of the launch yesterday, it's pretty chewed up. Aunt gave us a backup, so I'll be swapping that soon. Yay.
:derp:
If it's not crubs and fents it's chewing up props. :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:26 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:30 pm

Seriously. Thankfully the outdrive is fine since she was barely moving and the prop is an easy thing to replace...easier than a curbed wheel. :doomed:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:27 pm
wap wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:26 pm

Seriously. Thankfully the outdrive is fine since she was barely moving and the prop is an easy thing to replace...easier than a curbed wheel. :doomed:
Chewed up prop is the equivalent of a curbed wheel at sea :lol:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:35 am Well, yesterday was an eventful day. Because I'm an idiot and like lighting money on fire, I decided to upgrade the audio in the boat. We enjoy music, and I haven't really done much tinkering in a while, so I took a good portion of the day installing new Infinity marine speakers to go along with the sony headunit I put in a month or so ago. The boat stock has just 2 6.5" speakers in the front and that's it. I upgraded those and also added 2 8" speakers under the back seat. I wanted bass out of them, and it's amazing how well they work. Overall, it sounds fantastic. I didn't take pictures during the install because I suck, but...

The weather was gorgeous yesterday, so the boat launches were JAMMED with people. We figured we'd just launch the boat today instead, so we went to the beach and then dinner. We were driving home around 7:45 and noticed the boat launch was pretty quiet, the water was glass, and we still have almost 2 hours of light left, so we went home, grabbed the boat, dropped it in the water and the wife drove it over while I drove the CT and trailer back to meet her. Of course the host guides needed to be adjusted a bit, but we had some neighbors hanging out in the marina wife grabbed a few people and went out for a ride while I worked on the hoist with another neighbor. Man, the boat sounds awesome blasting around the bay, it was the first time I heard it from the shore.

This looks outstanding.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:37 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:27 pm
Chewed up prop is the equivalent of a curbed wheel at sea :lol:
:dat:
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:43 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:35 am Well, yesterday was an eventful day. Because I'm an idiot and like lighting money on fire, I decided to upgrade the audio in the boat. We enjoy music, and I haven't really done much tinkering in a while, so I took a good portion of the day installing new Infinity marine speakers to go along with the sony headunit I put in a month or so ago. The boat stock has just 2 6.5" speakers in the front and that's it. I upgraded those and also added 2 8" speakers under the back seat. I wanted bass out of them, and it's amazing how well they work. Overall, it sounds fantastic. I didn't take pictures during the install because I suck, but...

This looks outstanding.
Yea, it's pretty :tits: and the only way I'm interested in owning a boat. Dealing with launching and storing and whatnot is just for the birds.

The :manuel: lift is hell of a :massles: workout :doe:
ChrisoftheNorth

Well, last night made it all make sense.

Wife and I had our 9 year wedding anniversary yesterday. Went to our favorite restaurant, dropped way too much on dinner, then on the way home around 7:30pm, noticed the water was calm and the sun was still out and high on the sky. I suggested a sunset cruise before heading home and she liked that. Had to run up to the house to grab the keys, wife went down to the boat and hung out.

Heading out from our marina:

Then decided to float:

We live on top of that bluff:

Then photo shoot ensued, along with things that shouldn't be posted on the internet :hubba:

We were out for an hour, pulled the boat onto the hoist right as the sun went behind our bluff. Amazing accessibility, and being able to drop the boat in for an hour like this is just incredible. I'm going to change the prop today, this is the first time I've driven it since she mangled it, there's a bit more vibration, but the boat just feels sluggish and slow to get on plane.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Great pics ! Enjoy life while you can my dude
wap

:fuckyeah:

:dat: is what it's all about, :mahman: .
Sounds like a fantastic evening. :megusta:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Awesome pics!
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:04 pm Great pics ! Enjoy life while you can my dude
Yep, it's all we can do.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:05 pm :fuckyeah:

:dat: is what it's all about, :mahman: .
Sounds like a fantastic evening. :megusta:
Yea, I get it now, the convenience is what makes this all work great for me. It's SO EASY to drop the boat in the water on a whim after work or whatever, it's the only way I'll own a boat. We'll see how long the boating season lasts this year.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Looks like a fantastic time dude. Great to see ya livin it up. :like:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

The vinyl looks brand new, glad you and the missis can finally enjoy your boat! IMO it is 5/7 worth the effort having that lake to your disposal.