Car Talk 5: The Juice is Loose!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Sliding doors are a god send when you are carrying multiple :baby: but other than that my Sienna made me want to off my self on the daily....
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Irish wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:17 am Sliding doors are a god send when you are carrying multiple :baby: but other than that my Sienna made me want to off my self on the daily....
Right? That's what I'm afraid of.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

coogles wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:20 am
Irish wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:17 am Sliding doors are a god send when you are carrying multiple :baby: but other than that my Sienna made me want to off my self on the daily....
Yeah, between those 2 I'd get the Subie. Should be pretty reliable for the time you're likely to keep it and it has at least some pretense of "fun" in that you can do some light soft/off roading/beach driving, camping, National Park dirt roading, etc with it, where the Oddy would ...not. And while Irish's point about sliding doors is certainly valid, your :baby: s will be old enough to climb in themselves soon enough, no? Plus, while not "cool" looking, it looks better than a minivan, IMO.

Just my undoubtedly :wrong: opinions.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Irish

However :tits: tend to like Minivans ..... its like it sends a signal to all the other :tits: that here is a member in good standing or some such nonsense....

The message it sends to other men is "Damn, we lost another one" :pouroneout:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Irish wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:08 am However :tits: tend to like Minivans ..... its like it sends a signal to all the other :tits: that here is a member in good standing or some such nonsense....

If we get a minivan my wife will NEVER plop her ass into that driver's seat. EVER. She abhors them. I'd probably end up involuntarily celibate if I get one, but that doesn't change my opinion that having a minivan would be way better for hauling around our brood and two (small) dogs.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:46 am
coogles wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:20 am

Yeah, between those 2 I'd get the Subie. Should be pretty reliable for the time you're likely to keep it and it has at least some pretense of "fun" in that you can do some light soft/off roading/beach driving, camping, National Park dirt roading, etc with it, where the Oddy would ...not. And while Irish's point about sliding doors is certainly valid, your :baby: s will be old enough to climb in themselves soon enough, no? Plus, while not "cool" looking, it looks better than a minivan, IMO.

That's the way I'm leaning. My little dude is almost 3, the twins are a couple days shy of 15 months, so those two have awhile until they can climb up themselves, but they'll be forward-facing at about 2. Once they are, my son could climb up into the middle seat on his own and the twins could go on the outside. Wouldn't be too difficult, I don't think.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Fun chart
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

coogles wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:11 am
wap wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:46 am

That's the way I'm leaning. My little dude is almost 3, the twins are a couple days shy of 15 months, so those two have awhile until they can climb up themselves, but they'll be forward-facing at about 2. Once they are, my son could climb up into the middle seat on his own and the twins could go on the outside. Wouldn't be too difficult, I don't think.
:notbad:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Irish

coogles wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:09 am
Irish wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:08 am However :tits: tend to like Minivans ..... its like it sends a signal to all the other :tits: that here is a member in good standing or some such nonsense....

If we get a minivan my wife will NEVER plop her ass into that driver's seat. EVER. She abhors them. I'd probably end up involuntarily celibate if I get one, but that doesn't change my opinion that having a minivan would be way better for hauling around our brood and two (small) dogs.
They are no doubt versatile vehicles.... had I not gotten one I may very well have wished I did.... What sold us was, my brother in law renting one while we were on vacation with them.... our thoughts were that no other vehicle would allow us to have another couple in the car (my in laws) and the crotchfruit. Basically the Third row and the doors are what pushed me to trade in the 4Runner in on it. I still miss the 4R.....
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Irish wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:39 am They are no doubt versatile vehicles.... had I not gotten one I may very well have wished I did.... What sold us was, my brother in law renting one while we were on vacation with them.... our thoughts were that no other vehicle would allow us to have another couple in the car (my in laws) and the crotchfruit. Basically the Third row and the doors are what pushed me to trade in the 4Runner in on it. I still miss the 4R.....
:word:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:31 am Fun chart
:like:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:31 am Fun chart
Rising prices supported by increased incentive spending, neutral for OEMs...until now when demand went crazy and supply fell off a cliff. Wild times.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

coogles wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:00 pm
Irish wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:39 am They are no doubt versatile vehicles.... had I not gotten one I may very well have wished I did.... What sold us was, my brother in law renting one while we were on vacation with them.... our thoughts were that no other vehicle would allow us to have another couple in the car (my in laws) and the crotchfruit. Basically the Third row and the doors are what pushed me to trade in the 4Runner in on it. I still miss the 4R.....
Is the Kia Carnival or new Sienna for sale yet? I honestly wouldn't be embarrassed to drive either of those...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:38 pm
coogles wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:00 pm

Is the Kia Carnival or new Sienna for sale yet? I honestly wouldn't be embarrassed to drive either of those...
I believe both are, but I'd personally choose the Odyssey over either.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

No stellantic hybrid? :doge:
Irish

FWIW, Car and Driver is creaming over the Telluride....
max225

Irish wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:00 pm FWIW, Car and Driver is creaming over the Telluride....
Meh. Old news. I have been seen the genesis suv lately and it has some major presence. Horrendous badge doe
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Irish wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:00 pm FWIW, Car and Driver is creaming over the Telluride....
We were clearly :wrong:, but we chose the Atlas over the Telluride.
Irish

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:01 pm
Meh. Old news. I have been seen the genesis suv lately and it has some major presence. Horrendous badge doe
:nevermind:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:16 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:46 pm I’d go Defender. They will do everything you need a truck/SUV for and you get the uprated badge. :like:
They also look cool af imo
Yea it still maintains a uniqueness as well. However I am :notsure: if the baby dick 2.slow is good enough, or if I need to go I6. I don’t like the complexity of the I6. It’s some wacky hybrid crap that doesn’t work, turbos and god knows what else …
V8 is out of the question. If I’m spending 100k I’m going RR not defender.
Selling one of the world's most reliable vehicles and purchasing the world's least reliable vehicle makes no sense. Not that it matters but I would V8 Defender over RR all day every day. The average RR buyer is not part of a group I want to join. If you just want to fuck around it makes a lot more sense unloading the mini and getting something cooler.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:34 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:16 pm

Yea it still maintains a uniqueness as well. However I am :notsure: if the baby dick 2.slow is good enough, or if I need to go I6. I don’t like the complexity of the I6. It’s some wacky hybrid crap that doesn’t work, turbos and god knows what else …
V8 is out of the question. If I’m spending 100k I’m going RR not defender.
Selling one of the world's most reliable vehicles and purchasing the world's least reliable vehicle makes no sense. Not that it matters but I would V8 Defender over RR all day every day. The average RR buyer is not part of a group I want to join. If you just want to fuck around it makes a lot more sense unloading the mini and getting something cooler.
Yea … I need to cut one of the vehicles loose and the :taco: is just too nice to sell at this point in time.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:40 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:34 pm

Yea … I need to cut one of the vehicles loose and the :taco: is just too nice to sell at this point in time.
It is not just nice it is incredibly useful. The correct financial play is getting rid of the Mini, driving the Acura then waiting for the madness to end and buy an Evora 400 or an Aston Martin. Or standing pat.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

coogles wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:55 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:38 pm
I believe both are, but I'd personally choose the Odyssey over either.
If you're giving up just go all the way eh?
Irish

coogles wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:19 pm
We were clearly :wrong:, but we chose the Atlas over the Telluride.
I'm sure I'm :wrong: too but I rather liked the Atlass that my son brought home from the :tubeman: :dillershit: ..... Not as fancy as the T-Reg but it rode very nice and felt substantial.....
Irish

I am seeing a lot of Arteons these days..... I think they are kinda sharp looking......