Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:39 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:36 pm

We’re all delinquent outcasts here! :gaydance:

It’s a major life decision that too many people just let fly.
Hell, I was told by my supervisor that I was being selfish for only having one kid. People are ridiculous.
How the fuck is not having more kids selfish? The nerve of people, I swear.
Her logic was my kid needs a sibling to play with. :iono:
Makes little sense to me. Plenty of only children grow up fine.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Apex wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:08 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:01 pm
So much this. Many of us who go against the grain can be vocal, but all that matters is that you and your partner are on the identical page and :fuckyeah: on the way forward. I've seen too many people just go along with the flow of things and have kids and end up miserable. But I've also known many people that absolutely love it. The key is both people being on the same page.

We still haven't ruled out adoption at some point, but that's the closest we'd ever get and even that has maybe a 5% chance of happening.
Y’all anti-grainers are rowdy AF. :lolol:

But Griff, if ya got any questions just holler. My kiddo just turned 4. :mindblown:
Thanks, :mahman:

To be honest I was not about it for many years/most of my life... but things have changed and I look forward to it now. I know it will be really hard and sometimes a huge pain in the ass, but I actually look forward to the day quite a bit, assuming it works out.
Apex

D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:58 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:08 pm

Y’all anti-grainers are rowdy AF. :lolol:

But Griff, if ya got any questions just holler. My kiddo just turned 4. :mindblown:

To be honest I was not about it for many years/most of my life... but things have changed and I look forward to it now. I know it will be really hard and sometimes a huge pain in the ass, but I actually look forward to the day quite a bit, assuming it works out.
Our Griff is growing up! :lol:
People change along with their priorities as time goes on.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:06 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:58 pm

Admittedly I kinda dread having a baby and enjoy like 3+ y.o. kids way more but it’s a short period/price to pay over the long haul.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:56 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:39 pm
How the fuck is not having more kids selfish? The nerve of people, I swear.
Her logic was my kid needs a sibling to play with. :iono:
Makes little sense to me. Plenty of only children grow up fine.
Absolutely they do. that's ridiculous. My sister came along 5 years after me, I was pissed because I had it good on my own. can't say she's significantly contributed to my life really.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:16 pm

Admittedly I kinda dread having a baby and enjoy like 3+ y.o. kids way more but it’s a short period/price to pay over the long haul.
My wife straight refuses to be pregnant. says it's gross and painful, not worth it. I warned her that it's a short sighted view, but she's insistent. Cool by me, I really don't like being around kids.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:16 pm

I'm really happy sharing life with my two boys, worth it 100%. In the end any reality becomes the yardstick you measure with, and it is impossible to visualize in great depth what "life would be like" if things were different... It is a lifestyle change which lasts a lifetime. Some people don't want to give up what they have and are :notwrong: , since there is no right or wrong really.

My biggest eye opener was the wife transformation. It was the hardest part of the whole toddlerhood era. Thankfully I'm learning that they kinda go back to the way they were once the youngest kid is about five or six, at that point the world is a beautiful place (again).
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

I don’t think that I could lose any more fat out of my face…

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Holy shit man, you look.... unhealthy in that pic.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:55 pm Holy shit man, you look.... unhealthy in that pic.
Yeah.. this level isn’t sustainable long term. Just a few more days doe.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:35 pm
wap wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:55 pm Holy shit man, you look.... unhealthy in that pic.
:word:
Hope you're not doing any long term damage to yourself. :(
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:37 pm I don’t think that I could lose any more fat out of my face…

Dang dude. I haven't seen your face up close in a while, definitely a bit gaunt. Glad show time is almost here!
SAWCE

wap wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:23 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:35 pm

:word:
Hope you're not doing any long term damage to yourself. :(
Shouldn’t be anything too irreversible. I’ll put some weight/fat back on immediately after the show. There will be some lasting effects from the drugs we use, but I do what I can to minimize those side effects and keep my doses as low as I can.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:01 am
SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:37 pm I don’t think that I could lose any more fat out of my face…

Dang dude. I haven't seen your face up close in a while, definitely a bit gaunt. Glad show time is almost here!
Me too dude. The iPhone selfie camera doesn’t even capture it quite all the way. It’s pretty gnarly looking in person.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:45 am

Me too dude. The iPhone selfie camera doesn’t even capture it quite all the way. It’s pretty gnarly looking in person.
If you want to be a HAM Viking, that's not a fat and happy look. Time to go plunder the English coastline.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

No offense, but I find it pretty crazy what you have to put yourself through to be competitive in these shows. If it's not sustainable or especially not healthy, what's the point overall? I'd be more interested in watching sustainably healthy people compete, instead this almost just becomes a battle of wills.

I find it fascinating because of all incredibly hard work you put in for years building up the physique, then forcing yourself gaunt to be competitive just seems silly. I know that's the game, but the game just seems a bit :notsure: That sucks big time because you absolutely deserve accolades for all the hard work you put in, not your ability to starve yourself. Maybe that's the point? How bad you want it?

Just be healthy, man.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
SAWCE wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:45 am Me too dude. The iPhone selfie camera doesn’t even capture it quite all the way. It’s pretty gnarly looking in person.
No offense, but I find it pretty crazy what you have to put yourself through to be competitive in these shows. If it's not sustainable or especially not healthy, what's the point overall? I'd be more interested in watching sustainably healthy people compete, instead this almost just becomes a battle of wills.

I find it fascinating because of all incredibly hard work you put in for years building up the physique, then forcing yourself gaunt to be competitive just seems silly. I know that's the game, but the game just seems a bit :notsure: That sucks big time because you absolutely deserve accolades for all the hard work you put in, not your ability to starve yourself. Maybe that's the point? How bad you want it?

Just be healthy, man.
All competition is like that in one way or another. Want to be CEO of Stellantis? Dedicate your whole life to it at the expense of everything else, including your physical and mental health.

Want to win a bike race? Dedicate your whole life to it.

Wanna be a baller? Shot caller? 20 inch blades on the impala? Gotta bust your ass for it more than everyone else. Nearly all life achievements require out-competing a bunch of people.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:06 am
Detroit wrote: No offense, but I find it pretty crazy what you have to put yourself through to be competitive in these shows. If it's not sustainable or especially not healthy, what's the point overall? I'd be more interested in watching sustainably healthy people compete, instead this almost just becomes a battle of wills.

Just be healthy, man.
All competition is like that in one way or another. Want to be CEO of Stellantis? Dedicate your whole life to it at the expense of everything else, including your physical and mental health.

Wanna be a baller? Shot caller? 20 inch blades on the impala? Gotta bust your ass for it more than everyone else. Nearly all life achievements require out-competing a bunch of people.
:notwrong:

I'm just not a win at all costs type competitive person. Probably because I'm not devoted to anything enough to win. I'm happy just being happy.

Loser.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:15 am
troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:06 am All competition is like that in one way or another. Want to be CEO of Stellantis? Dedicate your whole life to it at the expense of everything else, including your physical and mental health.

I'm just not a win at all costs type competitive person. Probably because I'm not devoted to anything enough to win. I'm happy just being happy.

Loser.
:howdareu:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:59 am

Just be healthy, man.
It's really just the human competitive nature. It's like anything... there's always just one more step you can take to get that slight competitive edge. With each passing competition, everyone seeks out that next "hit" of the new edge they can get, and it snowballs into "too much". Look at auto racing, it basically comes down to who has the most money and who has the most creative ways to "cheat" without getting caught or bend the rules just so.

If you created a "sustainable" version of body building, people would simply keep adding a tiny bit more and more to what is accepted until it was back to the drugs and whatnot.

I don't really get the body building thing personally but I find :sawce: 's dedication and physique truly amazing and respect it. We all love things that are dangerous whether it's drinking booze, over eating, racing cars/motorcycles, mountain biking or other adventure sports, body building, you name it. It's just how we're made.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:06 am All competition is like that in one way or another. Want to be CEO of Stellantis? Dedicate your whole life to it at the expense of everything else, including your physical and mental health.

Loser.
I'm not either, but so many people are, it is certainly innate in many humans.

I'm over here wanting to give back my stupid raise and give up managing two people at work :lolol:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:51 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:59 am

Just be healthy, man.
It's really just the human competitive nature. It's like anything... there's always just one more step you can take to get that slight competitive edge. With each passing competition, everyone seeks out that next "hit" of the new edge they can get, and it snowballs into "too much". Look at auto racing, it basically comes down to who has the most money and who has the most creative ways to "cheat" without getting caught or bend the rules just so.

If you created a "sustainable" version of body building, people would simply keep adding a tiny bit more and more to what is accepted until it was back to the drugs and whatnot.

I don't really get the body building thing personally but I find :sawce: 's dedication and physique truly amazing and respect it. We all love things that are dangerous whether it's drinking booze, over eating, racing cars/motorcycles, mountain biking or other adventure sports, body building, you name it. It's just how we're made.
Yea, this is all true. But this is why I've never really gotten into competing at all. For me, this level of dedication reduces the fun, and if something isn't fun, I don't want to do it.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:52 am

Loser.

I'm over here wanting to give back my stupid raise and give up managing two people at work :lolol:
You and I are very similar in that regard. My goal in life is sustained fun. Work isn't fun, so I'm going to minimize that.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:16 am

If you want to be a HAM Viking, that's not a fat and happy look. Time to go plunder the English coastline.
:dat:
I hear Lindesfarnia is nice this time of year. :lol:
wap

D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:52 am

Loser.

I've said this here before, but for me, being a very good Indian is more important, and a better fit for me, than being a Chief. We have more than enough chiefs here anyway.