Irish's it ain't no thatched cottage...

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

SAWCE wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:23 pm That reddish stain makes for a handsome table.

I’d eat the fuck out of those bagels too.
Thanks mang! Congrats on the upcoming nupitals!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Irish wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:59 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:23 pm That reddish stain makes for a handsome table.

I’d eat the fuck out of those bagels too.
Thanks mang! Congrats on the upcoming nupitals!
Thanks! Nothing set in stone yet, but it’s highly likely.
Irish

I mistakenly initially posted this on Huckleberry's cool Electrical Panel of Presidential Shame thread. viewtopic.php?f=19&t=860

I subsequently realized I was kinda hijacking (sorry HB) so I decided to move it here.

Back in 2012, I went into a shortlived business with a dude I worked with at Dr Pepper/Snapple.

He had a presidential pin collection that he asked me to sell for him on E-Bay. He generously offered to split all proceeds with me. We ended up slitting about $2000 all tolled. I cant find all the pics of the impressive pins and other election memorabilia we sold but here is a smattering.....

Irish

Found some more.....

Irish

Pulled the trigger on a brand new John Deere S240 48 inch Deck. Ordered it from the local :dillerman: Supposedly getting $200 off and an (as yet) undetermined Veterans Discount. It the next to lowest price of admission to getting the vaunted Kawasaki engine which is supposed to be the :tits:

Tentative delivery date of 6/2. According to :dillerman: they are flying out the door and this next shipment of 2 of these units is the last they will get until fall. Could be sales :bs: but I don't doubt it in this cray cray post Covid werld....
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Irish wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 2:03 pm Pulled the trigger on a brand new John Deere S240 48 inch Deck. Ordered it from the local :dillerman: Supposedly getting $200 off and an (as yet) undetermined Veterans Discount. It the next to lowest price of admission to getting the vaunted Kawasaki engine which is supposed to be the :tits:

Tentative delivery date of 6/2. According to :dillerman: they are flying out the door and this next shipment of 2 of these units is the last they will get until fall. Could be sales :bs: but I don't doubt it in this cray cray post Covid werld....
:fuckyeah:
In4review!
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 2:27 pm
Irish wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 2:03 pm Pulled the trigger on a brand new John Deere S240 48 inch Deck. Ordered it from the local :dillerman: Supposedly getting $200 off and an (as yet) undetermined Veterans Discount. It the next to lowest price of admission to getting the vaunted Kawasaki engine which is supposed to be the :tits:

In4review!
:dat:
Sounds :neat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Irish

Fuck me..... got Radon test results back and they are high. Not crazy high but as a former smoker with lung cancer in the family, I will likely have to mitigate. More importantly my middle son is sleeping in the newly renovated basement. I have some confirmatory testing to do but this test was 7.6 pCi/L. I did it when we first moved in and then 5 years later and both tests were well below the action level of 4.0.

The average reading in PA basements is 7.1pCi/L .....
Irish

My tractor is in.... unfortunately I had a choice of tomorrow or Tuesday for delivery and I am busy tomorrow..... :sad:
Apex

Irish wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:43 pm My tractor is in.... unfortunately I had a choice of tomorrow or Tuesday for delivery and I am busy tomorrow..... :sad:
:balls:
wap

:excited:
Irish

They squeezed delivery in before my appointment.... :fuckyeah:

Not enough oh's in Smooooth to describe how this runs and mows..... I am highly impressed..... the Kawasaki engine truly purrs and it mows fast and even...... I just pray its durable....
Apex

wap

:megusta:
Good luck with it!
Irish

[user not found] wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:33 pm
Irish wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:09 pm They squeezed delivery in before my appointment.... :fuckyeah:

Not enough oh's in Smooooth to describe how this runs and mows..... I am highly impressed..... the Kawasaki engine truly purrs and it mows fast and even...... I just pray its durable....
Didn't spring for the :waxer: covered transport, eh?

:lol:
No I opted for the Failing E Brake Express (note the chocked wheel that I pulled out for him as he left) .....
Irish

Apex wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 5:38 pm:fuckyeah:
wap wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:33 pm :megusta:
Good luck with it!
Thanks guise
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Irish wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:02 pm Fuck me..... got Radon test results back and they are high. Not crazy high but as a former smoker with lung cancer in the family, I will likely have to mitigate. More importantly my middle son is sleeping in the newly renovated basement. I have some confirmatory testing to do but this test was 7.6 pCi/L. I did it when we first moved in and then 5 years later and both tests were well below the action level of 4.0.

Oh man, I really hope it's not bad. If it is, hopefully remediation is NBD.

Our second house was owned by a guy that died from lung cancer at 40. Never smoked a day in his life, but doctors contributed his cancer to second hand smoke. His family then because activists to lobby the .gov to ban smoking indoors.

But looking back on it, I never did a radon test in that house. We lived there for 2 years, and it never occurred to us. At the next house a mile or so away, the local .gov sent us radon tests and informed us that the entire region can have radon issues, and to test every year. Our house had minimal traces, but it makes me wonder about the house prior.

I HATE invisible killers like that. Especially with someone spending a lot of time in the basement, probably not something to mess around with.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Irish wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:09 pm They squeezed delivery in before my appointment.... :fuckyeah:

:megusta:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Fierce! Certainly the only kind of mower I would consider buying!
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:58 am Fierce! Certainly the only kind of mower I would consider buying!
I like the versatility. Watched a farmer use a machine just like this with a small trailer to haul around mulch this weekend. He had a massive tractor, but this was way more maneuverable for the job.
Irish

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:51 am
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:58 am Fierce! Certainly the only kind of mower I would consider buying!
I like the versatility. Watched a farmer use a machine just like this with a small trailer to haul around mulch this weekend. He had a massive tractor, but this was way more maneuverable for the job.
Yeah, it mows like a dream compared to everything else I've ever owned. It seems to takes my 20 degree hill with ease and its three blades cut evenly even at top speed. The V Twin motor is super smooth. I guess there are like 23 attachments/pull behinds for it...... I'm gonna keep my eye out for a used trailer.
Irish

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:17 am
Irish wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:02 pm Fuck me..... got Radon test results back and they are high. Not crazy high but as a former smoker with lung cancer in the family, I will likely have to mitigate. More importantly my middle son is sleeping in the newly renovated basement. I have some confirmatory testing to do but this test was 7.6 pCi/L. I did it when we first moved in and then 5 years later and both tests were well below the action level of 4.0.

Our second house was owned by a guy that died from lung cancer at 40. Never smoked a day in his life, but doctors contributed his cancer to second hand smoke. His family then because activists to lobby the .gov to ban smoking indoors.

But looking back on it, I never did a radon test in that house. We lived there for 2 years, and it never occurred to us. At the next house a mile or so away, the local .gov sent us radon tests and informed us that the entire region can have radon issues, and to test every year. Our house had minimal traces, but it makes me wonder about the house prior.

I HATE invisible killers like that. Especially with someone spending a lot of time in the basement, probably not something to mess around with.
Thanks man...yeah I'm pretty sure that fucking radon was at least a partial culprit in killing both my parents young (Dad 68 - Mom 60).

I just set up 3 confirmatory tests and a longer term one yesterday.
ChrisoftheNorth

Irish wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:13 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:17 am

Thanks man...yeah I'm pretty sure that fucking radon was at least a partial culprit in killing both my parents young (Dad 68 - Mom 60).

I just set up 3 confirmatory tests and a longer term one yesterday.
Hopefully they come back low. Radon is really no bueno and seriously overlooked I think because it doesn't occur everywhere.
Irish

Upon retest the numbers fell to below actionable.... I bought three kits and tested the exact area, my son's bedroom and the main floor of the house. All well below the 4.0 pCi.

I have a long term test running and the results after 90 days will dictate whether or not I remediate.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Irish

I have been meaning to build a redneck solar pool heater array for a while now.

After 4 trips to Lowes and 2 to home depot I ended up with

100 ft of 1" irrigation tubing (I had two different set ups of garden hose that i was going to use but I lost the adaptor for my immersible pump and it was difficult to source)

Various fittings

Canvas duct hanging material

Various screws

Nails

4" x 3" left over plywood

I started later in the day yesterday and the tubing was a bear to handle. Stiff and prone to kinking.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk