OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

D Griff wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:08 pm I mean, frankly, if you are judging anyone for wearing a mask at any point, you are kind of a POS.
This.

The jokes have all been said, the comments have all lost their meaning.
Just live your life and let others live theirs.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:08 pm
Irish wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:43 pm Image
:dat:

I mean, frankly, if you are judging anyone for wearing a mask at any point, you are kind of a POS.
How about not wearing a mask?
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:16 pm How about not wearing a mask?
ALL MASKS MATTER

Honestly I'm so beyond the point of giving a shit. You do you.
That's me, there are many answers on this.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:16 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:08 pm

I mean, frankly, if you are judging anyone for wearing a mask at any point, you are kind of a POS.
I really don't give a damn now.

I would say that people who refused to wear masks at places like grocery stores before vaccines were widely available were also POS.
max225

D Griff wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:34 pm
max225 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:16 pm

I would say that people who refused to wear masks at places like grocery stores before vaccines were widely available were also POS.
Just kind of curious why it is such a one way street with some of you. I don't really care but I am trying to understand the mindset.

Because before it was all about shaming those without masks because they are "trumpers" yet now it's like a "I don't have a mask and proud because I am vaxxxed" thing. Yet we all know vaccines are no where near 100% effective, a shit ton of people are still sick daily etc, and you can clearly still spread the "deadly virus" to grandma.

So the reversal is curious to me.

There is no right answer here, I just think one should have the freedom to choose to wear or not to wear, to VAXX or not. :wrong: clearly
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:38 pm

Just kind of curious why it is such a one way street with some of you. I don't really care but I am trying to understand the mindset.

Because before it was all about shaming those without masks because they are "trumpers" yet now it's like a "I don't have a mask and proud because I am vaxxxed" thing. Yet we all know vaccines are no where near 100% effective, a shit ton of people are still sick daily etc, and you can clearly still spread the "deadly virus" to grandma.

There is no right answer here, I just think one should have the freedom to choose to wear or not to wear, to VAXX or not. :wrong: clearly
My thing is this - your own mask actually does more for others than for you. So when the collective US had no protection but masks, I think as a basic courtesy to your common countrymen, you should wear the damn thing and prevent the spread. Now we have a much, much more effective solution that is a one (well two) time inconvenience and then worry-free. So I did that and now I don't really need to worry about the masks. If others still want to wear them, go for it. If others want to not get vaccinated, go for it I guess. As mentioned in my post re: the country concert, I'm sure people got COVID at that event, that was their choice to attend and take that risk. I would've never gone to that pre-vax, mask or not.

I think it is sort of like drunk driving. Want to ride a bicycle drunk? Go for it if you want man, you might crash and get hurt, not my fucking problem. Drunk driving a car though, you could kill not only yourself but also others, so not cool. When masks were all that we had, I viewed not wearing one as basically equivalent to drunk driving. Now that vaccines are available for those who choose to get them, I see not wearing a mask as more like drunk bike riding.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

It is a legit criticism of US politics in general though.

Take abortion:

Liberals: my body, my choice
Conservatives: save the babies

Meanwhile, COVID:

Liberal: omg everyone needs to follow the rules, mask up, etc.
Conservatives: my body, my choice

You could go down this road with just about every issue and it's difficult not to find hypocrisy. I am certainly guilty of it as much as anyone.

Humans are really smart and yet also really dumb.
max225

D Griff wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:44 pm

My thing is this - your own mask actually does more for others than for you. So when the collective US had no protection but masks, I think as a basic courtesy to your common countrymen, you should wear the damn thing and prevent the spread. Now we have a much, much more effective solution that is a one (well two) time inconvenience and then worry-free. So I did that and now I don't really need to worry about the masks. If others still want to wear them, go for it. If others want to not get vaccinated, go for it I guess. As mentioned in my post re: the country concert, I'm sure people got COVID at that event, that was their choice to attend and take that risk. I would've never gone to that pre-vax, mask or not.

I think it is sort of like drunk driving. Want to ride a bicycle drunk? Go for it if you want man, you might crash and get hurt, not my fucking problem. Drunk driving a car though, you could kill not only yourself but also others, so not cool. When masks were all that we had, I viewed not wearing one as basically equivalent to drunk driving. Now that vaccines are available for those who choose to get them, I see not wearing a mask as more like drunk bike riding.
I just don't like the group think. The gov has proven to us over and over again that they are completely incapable at giving solid guidance and that everything has turned politicized and spun from both sides. I think we need to stick to fundamentals. Freedom to do what you want to do is essential and shouldn't be punished by some sort of "sCiEnCe" based agenda. When you can't openly state facts about the matter without someone getting :triggered: to no end.

It is quite clear that we still don't fully understand this disease/vaccines/final outcome of all this.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Large difference between people who followed scientific guidance and those who saw it as a symbol of oppression.

As far as making fun of each other about it, well *motions vaguely at every argument of 2020* it seems inevitable.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:53 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:44 pm

I just don't like the group think. The gov has proven to us over and over again that they are completely incapable at giving solid guidance and that everything has turned politicized and spun from both sides. I think we need to stick to fundamentals. Freedom to do what you want to do is essential and shouldn't be punished by some sort of "sCiEnCe" based agenda. When you can't openly state facts about the matter without someone getting :triggered: to no end.

It is quite clear that we still don't fully understand this disease/vaccines/final outcome of all this.
The scientific community did they best with what they're could. They're only humans too, learning about this as they go.
max225

Melon wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:56 pm

Large difference between people who followed scientific guidance and those who saw it as a symbol of oppression.

As far as making fun of each other about it, well *motions vaguely at every argument of 2020* it seems inevitable.
There are also plenty of people in the middle smart enough to know that the "scientific" guidance was spun political BS and continues to be so. The amount of disinformation on both sides of the political spectrum has turned this whole thing into an epic shit show.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:58 pm
Melon wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:56 pm

There are also plenty of people in the middle smart enough to know that the "scientific" guidance was spun political BS and continues to be so. The amount of disinformation on both sides of the political spectrum has turned this whole thing into an epic shit show.
But masks, social distancing, and sanitization were such basic things they were not spun. The public used them as symbols of underlying political leanings, but overall, they were so basic they were above the fray.

I just don't follow you on that statement when it applies to masks.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Yea :notsure: where something like washing hands, social distancing, and wearing masks in crowded areas became political oppression. But I guess people just don’t want to be told what to do no matter what the options/end results are? :ohwell:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

Melon wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:06 pm
max225 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:58 pm

But masks, social distancing, and sanitization were such basic things they were not spun. The public used them as symbols of underlying political leanings, but overall, they were so basic they were above the fray.

How about double masks ?
No masks required to masks required etc?
Also the CDC already stated that the virus has almost no chance of being transmitted through surface contacts. So.... Yea not sure what you're not following my point was that the source of our "science" is flip flopping and recommending various things that are frequently contradictory. Discrediting the "science".
Last edited by max225 on Mon May 17, 2021 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
max225

double post
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

max225 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:13 pm

How about double masks ?
Also the CDC already stated that the virus has almost no chance of being transmitted through surface contacts. So.... Yea not sure what you're not following my point was that the source of our "science" is flip flopping and recommending various things that are frequently contradictory. Discrediting the "science".
Perhaps “flip flopping” was simply adjusting guidance based on the analysis of the data?

Early pandemic:
Let’s err the side of caution and wash hands and sanitize surface. We know diseases can spread this way.

Later pandemic:
Hey guys we’ve got all this data analyzed now and it doesn’t look like COVID is being transmitted via hand/mouth/eye. Hand washing and surface sanitization isn’t as important as we thought.

It’s like none of ya’ll have ever experienced an unknown, difficult to solve problem. There’s lots of reassessments reassessments as new data becomes available....one day I’ll tell ya’ll a story about fuel pump failures that took us 4 years to figure out.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

4zilch wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 5:54 am

How about double masks ?
Perhaps “flip flopping” was simply adjusting guidance based on the analysis of the data?

Early pandemic:
Let’s err the side of caution and wash hands and sanitize surface. We know diseases can spread this way.

Later pandemic:
Hey guys we’ve got all this data analyzed now and it doesn’t look like COVID is being transmitted via hand/mouth/eye. Hand washing and surface sanitization isn’t as important as we thought.

It’s like none of ya’ll have ever experienced an unknown, difficult to solve problem. There’s lots of reassessments reassessments as new data becomes available....one day I’ll tell ya’ll a story about fuel pump failures that took us 4 years to figure out.
:dat: :dat: :dat: :dat: :dat: :dat: :dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

How about double masks ?
So you've never changed your mind based on new information.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:53 am

How about double masks ?
How does the truth change? :caspian:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:59 am
Melon wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:53 am

The truth doesn't change, we just have to discover it.
:mindblown:
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:05 am
Detroit wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:59 am
:wrong:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:08 am
Melon wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:05 am

And scene.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:14 am
And scene.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:04 am
4zilch wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 5:54 am

Early pandemic:

Later pandemic:

:dat: :dat: :dat: :dat: :dat: :dat: :dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Melon wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:14 am
And scene.
:lol:
Very entertaining. :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.