Dem bicicletas dos, doe.

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Troy, found your next water bottle cage:

https://www.competitivecyclist.com/port ... j99-lK4X6o
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

SAWCE wrote:Troy, found your next water bottle cage:

:notwrong:

I got my :truk: rack set up today, now I need to figure out some bags for it.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:31 pm
SAWCE wrote:Troy, found your next water bottle cage:

:notwrong:

I got my :truk: rack set up today, now I need to figure out some bags for it.

:fuckyeah: it's pizza:30
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:06 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:24 pm So, who all has had a bike fit done? I have some ongoing knee discomfort... thinking of springing for this, it is :waxer: but possibly worth it? http://uptowncyclescharlotte.com/retul-fitting/

There are other shops around that can do a basic fitting for $100-200, I think I might just opt for "the good shit" in this case.

Thoughts from the experts?
I've been fit several times, and highly recommend it.

I'd also recommend Matt get fit when he gets a new bike, too - his right knee was doing some wonky stuff last weekend.
:word: I am going to :doit:

He will as well I'm sure, he had a basic fit with his current bike but he actually mentioned the knee kick out on our DC ride, he thinks he was sitting slightly cock eyed on his bike so he was glad you noticed so he can try to correct. He needs to get a new bike ASAP, that thing is hideous :lolol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I felt good about this ride this morning, took back a KOM In my neighborhood, some guy had beat my previous best by nine seconds and I took his new time by 25 seconds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

D Griff wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:57 pm I felt good about this ride this morning, took back a KOM In my neighborhood, some guy had beat my previous best by nine seconds and I took his new time by 25 seconds!
:fuckyeah:

rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

might as well open a LBSImage
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Back over 200. :fuckyeah:

troyguitar

:impressive:

Probably a stronger rider than me already. Good thing I don't want to race.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:31 am :impressive:

I might be able to produce more wattage than you, but I also have, what, 40 pounds on you? I doubt I’d be faster out on the road.
troyguitar

coogles wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:31 am :impressive:

I might be able to produce more wattage than you, but I also have, what, 40 pounds on you? I doubt I’d be faster out on the road.
I'm pretty aero via being small but :notsure: if it really makes much difference at our :jalepenis: power levels. I see big (muscular) people on upright hybrids doing 20 mph fairly often.
troyguitar

Annoyingly I'm still having problems with my neck despite going to a much much more upright position on the Domane (it even hurts on the wife's super upright bike), so for now I have given up on trying to be fast or even do a lot of miles. That's basically been a problem since last July.

When things settle down with the move I plan to find some real doctors down here and figure it out.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:57 am Annoyingly I'm still having problems with my neck despite going to a much much more upright position on the Domane (it even hurts on the wife's super upright bike), so for now I have given up on trying to be fast or even do a lot of miles. That's basically been a problem since last July.

When things settle down with the move I plan to find some real doctors down here and figure it out.
Solid plan to move forward with. That sucks though :disappoint:

This is probably a dumb thought but is your helmet heavy?
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:46 am
coogles wrote:
I'm pretty aero via being small but :notsure: if it really makes much difference at our :jalepenis: power levels. I see big (muscular) people on upright hybrids doing 20 mph fairly often.
:notsure: we’ll find out how fast I really am or am not. Feeling pretty meh on spending the money to get a road bike. But still, aero effects or not, I’d think the extra weight I’d have to push around would outweigh any power advantage I may or may not have.
troyguitar

D Griff wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:57 am Annoyingly I'm still having problems with my neck despite going to a much much more upright position on the Domane (it even hurts on the wife's super upright bike), so for now I have given up on trying to be fast or even do a lot of miles. That's basically been a problem since last July.

Solid plan to move forward with. That sucks though :disappoint:

This is probably a dumb thought but is your helmet heavy?
Nah, I am used to wearing much heavier motorsports helmets, and I often do the unthinkable and ride around town without a helmet at all. :doomed:

At this point I get neck pain pretty much any time I do anything strenuous, whether it really involves the neck or not. Like lifting heavy boxes or furniture recently has been triggering it. Just need to find the right doctor and spend the money to see them.
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Forester

Wow thats a really nice ride [user not found]
troyguitar

My rear tire randomly started leaking air like crazy through a bunch of tiny holes in the sidewall 2 days ago. It went from 100 psi to flat in an hour. Ballz.

Adding 2 more oz of sealant and laying it on that side for a couple of hours today seems to have maybe fixed it, will see if it holds overnight. I'm very :notsure: on this whole road tubeless thing. It kind of requires fenders too in order to contain the sealant being flung everywhere if you do have a puncture.

I don't really want to run some hard ass heavy puncture-resistant tarz but maybe that's the only way? I guess there's a Pirelli tubeless one that supposedly rolls kinda sorta decently while comparing to gatorskins against punctures:

https://www.bicyclerollingresistance.co ... -velo-2018

:iono: :whocares:
troyguitar

Update: Held fine overnight, no idea what caused the problem in the first place :doe: - guess I need to go back to carrying an air pump around on every ride. :ohwell:

I think I'm going to try these tarz on the wife's bike (using the stock bontrager TLR :ramz: from my bike) since it's currently on a mismatched pair of random old rock hard 23mm :scrooge: tarz...

https://bikecloset.com/product/kit-fusi ... acc-700x25

Like everything else, tire selection is currently limited at good prices.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Random thought. My window shopping for a road bike has gone all over the place and with the 2022s the Rival eTap groupset seems to be super common. Holy hell, that groupset weighs a whopping 3,202 grams. A 105 disc groupset weighs 2,478g. Ultegra is 2,314g. That's a difference of 1.59 and 1.96 pounds! Bananas. Being 5'10" and ~175 I realize to be an actual cyclist I'd need to lose way more than 2 pounds, but that's an insane weight penalty just for the novelty of electronic shifting. Mechanical Ultegra is ~$200 cheaper and 2 pounds lighter. Rival eTap can :gtfo:.

Carry on. :whocares:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:33 am 105 disc group set may not factor in cables and housing, whereas the eTap group set probably factors in batteries.

I don’t know for certain, this is pure speculation.
Good call, the site I saw (https://ccache.cc/blogs/newsroom/2020-r ... comparison) says the weight shown for mechanical sets does not include the cables. Looks like a full set of cables should be ~200g, so still a huge difference in weight.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:34 am Random thought. My window shopping for a road bike has gone all over the place and with the 2022s the Rival eTap groupset seems to be super common. Holy hell, that groupset weighs a whopping 3,202 grams. A 105 disc groupset weighs 2,478g. Ultegra is 2,314g. That's a difference of 1.59 and 1.96 pounds! Bananas. Being 5'10" and ~175 I realize to be an actual cyclist I'd need to lose way more than 2 pounds, but that's an insane weight penalty just for the novelty of electronic shifting. Mechanical Ultegra is ~$200 cheaper and 2 pounds lighter. Rival eTap can :gtfo:.

Interesting! :iono: I rode with some people a few weeks ago with Ultegra/Dura Ace electronic groupsets and... meh. My bike bangs off shifts faster than theirs seemed to. Small sample size but I just don't care that much to have more things to charge in my life.

Re: weight, you may never be a pro cyclist at 175 but you can be fast at that weight. No real need to drop weight if you don't want to.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:12 am Update: Held fine overnight, no idea what caused the problem in the first place :doe: - guess I need to go back to carrying an air pump around on every ride. :ohwell:

I think I'm going to try these tarz on the wife's bike (using the stock bontrager TLR :ramz: from my bike) since it's currently on a mismatched pair of random old rock hard 23mm :scrooge: tarz...

I've never heard of those tires, always in for a review :doe:

No GP5000s available?
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:00 pm
coogles wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:34 am Random thought. My window shopping for a road bike has gone all over the place and with the 2022s the Rival eTap groupset seems to be super common. Holy hell, that groupset weighs a whopping 3,202 grams. A 105 disc groupset weighs 2,478g. Ultegra is 2,314g. That's a difference of 1.59 and 1.96 pounds! Bananas. Being 5'10" and ~175 I realize to be an actual cyclist I'd need to lose way more than 2 pounds, but that's an insane weight penalty just for the novelty of electronic shifting. Mechanical Ultegra is ~$200 cheaper and 2 pounds lighter. Rival eTap can :gtfo:.

Interesting! :iono: I rode with some people a few weeks ago with Ultegra/Dura Ace electronic groupsets and... meh. My bike bangs off shifts faster than theirs seemed to. Small sample size but I just don't care that much to have more things to charge in my life.

Re: weight, you may never be a pro cyclist at 175 but you can be fast at that weight. No real need to drop weight if you don't want to.
I think that says more about the newest 105 groupsets than anything else. They rock.

And I agree re:weight. I'm not and will never be a pro cyclist. I like throwing kettlebells around and lifting other heavy(ish) things and the way I feel from doing that. But if I can spend less money and still save weight? Yeah, I'll do that. Electronic shifting seems like a huge :butwhy: to me.
Last edited by coogles on Mon May 17, 2021 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
troyguitar

D Griff wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:12 am Update: Held fine overnight, no idea what caused the problem in the first place :doe: - guess I need to go back to carrying an air pump around on every ride. :ohwell:

No GP5000s available?
GP5000 is only available in the regular tubeful version or at high prices right now. I paid $100 shipped for the pair on my bike and don't really feel like paying nearly double for the wife's bike. Signs point to the competition being a little slower but more comfortable anyway, should be a good thing for her.

Hopefully mine will continue to work now, they seemed back to normal on a short ride today. I did 28 mph (in sandals and gym shorts with a hiking backpack on because :fullretard:) on the one little segment coming home since I only hit one red light. These tires are stupid fast.

I'm not strong enough to run the slow rolling Maxxis stuff without hating it... Don't you run the Refuse, Zil? That's like a 30 watt penalty over the GP5000TL.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:44 pm
D Griff wrote:

No GP5000s available?
GP5000 is only available in the regular tubeful version or at high prices right now. I paid $100 shipped for the pair on my bike and don't really feel like paying nearly double for the wife's bike. Signs point to the competition being a little slower but more comfortable anyway, should be a good thing for her.

Hopefully mine will continue to work now, they seemed back to normal on a short ride today. I did 28 mph (in sandals and gym shorts with a hiking backpack on because :fullretard:) on the one little segment coming home since I only hit one red light. These tires are stupid fast.

I'm not strong enough to run the slow rolling Maxxis stuff without hating it... Don't you run the Refuse, Zil? That's like a 30 watt penalty over the GP5000TL.
Is it possible to bump up to a 28mm for her?

I realized about two weeks ago my bike actually has 25 mm :lolol: I ordered with 28mm and never noticed they sent the :wrong: :225: