OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:48 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:43 pm

He's single?
Yes. He's a recent ERAU Aerospace Engineering grad.
Perfect. (ha, ha, when is it not.) No wife to bitch about the "lame" social life. He can work hard, be around some amazing aircraft, explore the high desert/central coast, and if he wants some :pussy: he can drive to El Lay.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:56 pm

Perfect. (ha, ha, when is it not.) No wife to bitch about the "lame" social life. He can work hard, be around some amazing aircraft, explore the high desert/central coast, and if he wants some :pussy: he can drive to El Lay.
He can take his 1.0L Fiesta to the canyons and floor it everywhere.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:22 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:49 pm

Ugh man, rough freakin' day... at least it's all up hill from here I guess?
I mean. I would LOVE to be able to use my own fucking car 😂

My boss was actually very cool about it, and said he was expecting me to find a different job since the beginning. He told me I can work two weeks or just finish the current job etc.

Where's Desertbreh? My brother just took a job at Edwards AF base in CA and I have no idea if that area is a shit hole or not.
Edwards is in the Mojave desert, north of LA and not quite where Breh is.

Mojave is surrounded by nothing, mostly wasteland. BUT Willow Springs is nearby, so if he's into cars, that's :fuckyeah:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Sorry too buzzed to make these full size but this is incredible

@Griff dawg what's your fav bar? My roommates and I are thinking about ubering to one tomot night for some fun
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:56 pm

:pftch:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:34 pm Image

@Griff dawg what's your fav bar? My roommates and I are thinking about ubering to one tomot night for some fun
Oh wow. :drool:
:wat: is :dat: ?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:40 pm

Pork tenderloin
wap

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:53 pm
wap wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:40 pm
Pork tenderloin
:megusta:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:00 am https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1300 ... 8428_zpid/

Be my neighbor! $1.6M for a shack on Lake MI.

:fullretard:
Love the fold out metal chair dining table with the roses. :lolol:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

The pipeline should be pumping gas throughout the southeast. Levels should be dece by this time next week. Most of the major shortage was :caspian: hoarding it in plastic bags and whatnot.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:49 pm

Ugh man, rough freakin' day... at least it's all up hill from here I guess?

My boss was actually very cool about it, and said he was expecting me to find a different job since the beginning. He told me I can work two weeks or just finish the current job etc.

Where's Desertbreh? My brother just took a job at Edwards AF base in CA and I have no idea if that area is a shit hole or not.
That’s where I grew up. Right next to it in California city. I worked at EAFB for several years as a DoD contractor. He’ll want to live in Rosamond or on the west side of Lancaster in the Quartz Hill area for nicer homes/neighborhoods. He could go further south to Palmdale, but might as well keep the commute short since it’s basically the same as Lancaster. If he doesn’t care about the commute, have him scope out Valencia/Santa Clarita. I still know some people up there I can try to hook him up with so he has some franz. Feel free to DM me and I’ll shoot you my number and we can chat or you can pad sit along to him. I’m also up in Lancaster frequently as my parents are still there and I’m getting as much time with Mama Sawce as possible, so I’d be down to kick it with him on my visits up there too.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:27 pm

That’s where I grew up. Right next to it in California city. I worked at EAFB for several years as a DoD contractor. He’ll want to live in Rosamond or on the west side of Lancaster in the Quartz Hill area for nicer homes/neighborhoods. He could go further south to Palmdale, but might as well keep the commute short since it’s basically the same as Lancaster. If he doesn’t care about the commute, have him scope out Valencia/Santa Clarita. I still know some people up there I can try to hook him up with so he has some franz. Feel free to DM me and I’ll shoot you my number and we can chat or you can pad sit along to him. I’m also up in Lancaster frequently as my parents are still there and I’m getting as much time with Mama Sawce as possible, so I’d be down to kick it with him on my visits up there too.
Thanks dude! I'll pass this info along to him. He's hoping to get on base housing or to live with a friend from college for a bit. I'll DM you here or on socials closer to his moving date when I figure that out this weekend.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:25 pm
max225 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:31 pm

Yea that area is no bueno...
$80-90k/yr should be enough to live though?

Not a great area but I hope he can stick it out a bit in the Chair force for the gubint bennies
Should be fine
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:37 pm

Watch the movie "The Right Stuff." Max seems to fascinated by the high desert............and it's interesting enough but living there is a NO unless your job is to fly Mach 2 every day.
I love this movie
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:19 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:27 pm

Thanks dude! I'll pass this info along to him. He's hoping to get on base housing or to live with a friend from college for a bit. I'll DM you here or on socials closer to his moving date when I figure that out this weekend.
Oh is he in the Air Force? If so, yeah live on base and keep housing cheap AF and just stack that salary. If he’s civilian, I don’t think he’s allowed to live on base. Used to be that way at least.

Keep me posted, and I’ll offer whatever advice and shit I can.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:25 pm
max225 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:31 pm

Yea that area is no bueno...
$80-90k/yr should be enough to live though?

Not a great area but I hope he can stick it out a bit in the Chair force for the gubint bennies
:sawce: is from Lancaster, which is pretty near that base. COL will be fine at $85K, this is not the part of CA that you hear about being expensive. It is way cheaper than Charlotte and way, way cheaper than LA or SF, that place is basically in the middle of the fucking desert near nothing.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:derp: he already chimed in.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Sorry I missed this. My wife and I actually were out celebrating COVID officially ending yesterday at a Dierks Bentley concert at Coyote Joe's (a sick honky tonk in West Charlotte, worth a visit if you have any interest in that sort of thing). It was quite surreal being in what is basically a giant bar absolutely packed with people and pretty much 0% mask utilization. I felt odd at first but it was overall a 5/7 experience.

As for general bar feedback, it is more about areas than specific bars:

Montford area - this is right by my house so I like it a lot. Angry Ales and Moosehead are favorites, think hole-in-the-wall beer/burger spots, very local vibe. Jeff's Bucket shop is an epic basement karaoke dive, many fun nights have been spent there.

"Brewery District/Lo-So" - also walking distance to my house so I frequent it - lots of breweries, kind of a fratty white person scene but some fun places. Olde Mecke is the biggest/OG Charlotte brewery but there are dozens and they're all kinda the same shit.

South End - this is the most happening area in Charlotte, it is packed 24/7, I typically feel old AF at age 32 over there, but it can still be fun, lots of good eateries as well, too many places to list really. I like Common Market South End, Pins Mechanical, Charlotte Beer Garden

NoDa - Hipster area, pretty cool, Roy's has dope Caribbean food, plenty of bars

Plaza Midwood - other hipster area - The Diamond is cool for late night diner grub, Jackalope Jack's is like a grungy arcade for adults, Workman's Friend is a decent Irish bar, Legion Brewing is decent, the original Common Market is cool

Lots of smaller neighborhoods with stuff but those are the main ones. Downtown/Uptown nightlife is pretty meh since COVID but 5th/College area used to be cool/more college-y
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

This was during a set change... as mentioned, this was a full “the ‘VID is over” celebration.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

D Griff wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:22 pm Image
This was during a set change... as mentioned, this was a full “the ‘VID is over” celebration.
:impressive:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

:impressive:

This is still weird to me. We're in Detroit right now, and people are still full blast MASKS IT'S NOT FOR YOU ITS EVERYONE ELSE

Fuck you, vaccines are widely available...you don't want it? You deal with the consequences.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

What happened to “omg you’re going to murder my grandma” oh right. Plandemic is over.
max225

Speaking of ... plandemic it was interesting to see the different state approaches. We in California are now more open than Nevada and Arizona from what I have observed. Vegas is still semi locked down which was shocking to me.

Also parts of Arizona will live in infamy in my mind. In particular a city named Kingman. Where I have observed some really peculiar humans. All I got to say is I’m glad I’m home, and I’m glad my home is where it is.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:53 pm Speaking of ... plandemic it was interesting to see the different state approaches. We in California are now more open than Nevada and Arizona from what I have observed. Vegas is still semi locked down which was shocking to me.

Also parts of Arizona will live in infamy in my mind. In particular a city named Kingman. Where I have observed some really peculiar humans. All I got to say is I’m glad I’m home, and I’m glad my home is where it is.
I have been to Kingman :lolol:

Small cities in NV are similarly :notsure:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:50 pm
What happened to “omg you’re going to murder my grandma” oh right. Plandemic is over.
I am vaccinated. Most of my friends and family are as well. At this point, everyone else has the opportunity to get vaccinated, stay home, mask up, etc. so I am :aintcare: I am going to live my life moving forward.

I suspect much of the Coyote Joe's/ Dierks Bentley concert attendees are not vaxed due to the demographic, but :aintcare: , I am safe. That is their choice. Dierks actually posted on social media that he wants everyone who goes to his shows to get vaccinated, not that that means anything.