OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:24 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:36 pm

The anecdotal evidence is that the weaker your immune system is, the less reaction you have. Lots of :wap: have low reactions.
I’m not so sure about that.

I’ve got a stupidly robust immune system, and my side effects were very minor.

:iono:
Or is it? :mindblown:

:lol:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:53 pm
Apex wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:33 pm

Or is it? :mindblown:

:lol:
:doomed:

I can’t remember the last time I got truly knock down drag out sick, doe.
:dat: I'm the same way, I NEVER get sick, and we religiously take vitamin supplements so our systems are 100%. Minimal reaction from the vaccine.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:13 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:15 am
:dat: I'm the same way, I NEVER get sick, and we religiously take vitamin supplements so our systems are 100%. Minimal reaction from the vaccine.
I take a multivitamin but my D levels are off the charts since I work outside and ride a ton.

Might be a correlation there.
There was :sass: early on that vitamin D made a difference with the virus. We've been taking supplements if we can't get outside, which could have made a decent difference?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:15 am :dat: I'm the same way, I NEVER get sick, and we religiously take vitamin supplements so our systems are 100%. Minimal reaction from the vaccine.
I take a multivitamin but my D levels are off the charts since I work outside and ride a ton.

Might be a correlation there.
:dedong:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Couple updates.

Mrs got her second Pfizer jab yesterday. She felt fine all evening and into this morning, no sore arm or anything, but at almost exactly 24 hours later she started feeling tired, sore, and feverish. Also developed a fever and elevated heart rate, as high as 130+ bpm. She's starting to feel a bit better now.

Last Friday, my bro and his daughter both got their 2nd Pfizer and their experience pretty much mirrored my wife's. :impressive:

SECOND DOSE ONLY (or DOSE for J&J)

Moderna:
6 total.
4 peeps with zero to very minimal reactions, including Son if Irish with arm pain and mild lethargy.
2 with fatigue, soreness, and significant body aches beginning the evening of the 2nd shot and progressing to the point where one didn't come into work and the other one left early (these are both coworkers).

Pfizer:
23 total.
4 zero reaction, including iTrudy's friend.
11 minimal to moderate (headache, fatigue) I include myself, Griff, Zilch, :melon: , Coogles, Desert Man, [user not found], and DPlac. I never had a headache yet, but did feel a bit fatigued the morning after. No time off work needed.
7 fairly bad:
2 starting with elevated heart rate and progressing the next day to a full day of extreme fatigue, significant body pain, cold sweats, headache. Totally fine by the third day. This includes my wife and a coworker
4, including Haley, my bro, and my niece, with fatigue, nausea, headache, muscle and full body aches/fever that night into the next day. Fine by the day after that.
1 needed 1 day off feeling fatigued and some soreness. Came back to work second day mostly fine.
1 (bossbro) VERY BAD. Got it Monday morning, didn't come back to work. Came in Tuesday but left early feeling very fatigued, achy, etc. Stayed home yesterday and today so far.

One-and-done J&J:
3 total.
1 with extreme fatigue for almost 24 hours (described as like being on Nyquil all day). Came back to work the next day.
1 (our own Huckleberry) with chills and fever.
1 (Pecs) with nothing but arm soreness.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

A co-worker got his second Moderna shot on Tuesday. He's in his early-mid 20s. Both times, he had fever and aches for about a day following the shot.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:56 pm Couple updates.

Mrs got her second Pfizer jab yesterday. She felt fine all evening and into this morning, no sore arm or anything, but at almost exactly 24 hours later she started feeling tired, sore, and feverish. Also developed a fever and elevated heart rate, as high as 130+ bpm. She's starting to feel a bit better now.

Last Friday, my bro and his daughter both got their 2nd Pfizer and their experience pretty much mirrored my wife's. :impressive:

Moderna:
6 total.
4 peeps with zero to very minimal reactions, including Son if Irish with arm pain and mild lethargy.
2 with fatigue, soreness, and significant body aches beginning the evening of the 2nd shot and progressing to the point where one didn't come into work and the other one left early (these are both coworkers).

Pfizer:
23 total.
11 minimal to moderate (headache, fatigue) I include myself, Griff, Zilch, :melon: , Coogles, Desert Man, [user not found], and DPlac. I never had a headache yet, but did feel a bit fatigued the morning after. No time off work needed.
7 fairly bad:
2 starting with elevated heart rate and progressing the next day to a full day of extreme fatigue, significant body pain, cold sweats, headache. Totally fine by the third day. This includes my wife and a coworker
4, including Haley, my bro, and my niece, with fatigue, nausea, headache, muscle and full body aches/fever that night into the next day. Fine by the day after that.
1 needed 1 day off feeling fatigued and some soreness. Came back to work second day mostly fine.
1 (bossbro) VERY BAD. Got it Monday morning, didn't come back to work. Came in Tuesday but left early feeling very fatigued, achy, etc. Stayed home yesterday and today so far.

One-and-done J&J:
3 total.
1 with extreme fatigue for almost 24 hours (described as like being on Nyquil all day). Came back to work the next day.
Wow, the 24hr mark on the Pfizer shot seems to be a thing. Same exact thing happened to wife and I, though we didn't get an elevated HR or much of a fever. A bit chilled and somewhat feverish feeling, but it wasn't bad enough to even bother checking our temps.
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:07 am

Moderna:
6 total.

Pfizer:
23 total.
7 fairly bad:

One-and-done J&J:
3 total.
Wow, the 24hr mark on the Pfizer shot seems to be a thing. Same exact thing happened to wife and I, though we didn't get an elevated HR or much of a fever. A bit chilled and somewhat feverish feeling, but it wasn't bad enough to even bother checking our temps.
Right?? I thought about you when I heard 3 in my own family had pretty much the same 24 delay as you. Interesting. I had nothing of the sort. Arm pain, fatigue, very minor muscle cramping during the first night. Never missed any work, no nausea, no headache, etc. :iono:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Second Pfizer jab received.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

razr390 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:51 am Second Pfizer jab received.
Report back in a day or 2.
wap

Moderna:
6 total.

Pfizer:
23 total.
7 fairly bad:

One-and-done J&J:
3 total.
Weird little post script to this. Last night, a full 2+ days after getting her second jab, the wife's arm starts hurting. This morning, she woke up with it feeling worse, and a small red patch several inches down from the injection point has started to form.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:39 pm
Weird little post script to this. Last night, a full 2+ days after getting her second jab, the wife's arm starts hurting. This morning, she woke up with it feeling worse, and a small red patch several inches down from the injection point has started to form.
Woa! That's odd. I was 100% 36 hrs after.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

wap wrote:
Detroit wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:07 am Wow, the 24hr mark on the Pfizer shot seems to be a thing. Same exact thing happened to wife and I, though we didn't get an elevated HR or much of a fever. A bit chilled and somewhat feverish feeling, but it wasn't bad enough to even bother checking our temps.
CRAIDS.

ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:39 pm
wap wrote:
CRAIDS.

:lolgasm:
wap

troyguitar wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:39 pm
wap wrote:
CRAIDS.

:disgust: :crang:

:lolol:
razr390

13 hours in and I am feeling a bit “weak”. Have slightly elevated heart rate. Gonna eat some tacos, drink some water and fall asleep.

Arm soreness is there, about the same as the first shot. I went driving and go karting tonight (still managed to lap everyone multiple times and get 1st place.

:stig:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

I had a pretty restless night. Couldn’t stay asleep, would wake up every 45-60 minutes with energy. Checked my temp around 4 am and it was 101.5*
razr390

About 25 hours after the shot, my fever broke and I was able to sleep for 3+ hours after I took some Tylenol. Some jab site soreness still, but otherwise I am getting better.
wap

Adding :narc:

Moderna:
6 total.

Pfizer:
24 total.
8 fairly bad:
-2 starting with elevated heart rate and progressing the next day to a full day of extreme fatigue, significant body pain, cold sweats, headache. Totally fine by the third day. This includes my wife and a coworker
-5, including Haley, my bro, my niece, and iTrudy, with fatigue, nausea, headache, muscle and full body aches/fever that night into the next day. Fine by the day after that.
-1 needed 1 day off feeling fatigued and some soreness. Came back to work second day mostly fine.

One-and-done J&J:
3 total.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

wap

Irish wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:43 pm Image
:bravo:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

:dat: what's even funny is that anti-maskers in the first wave we're like "my body my choice" and yet they give shit about other who CHOOSE to wear a mask, they're certainly not living up in their word.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
razr390

So, a full 48+ hours after, I feel just fine/normal. Yesterday I felt a bit lazy but I was able to get a full night’s rest last night. Still some aches, but I feel like that is due to the fact that we went to this indoor “fun park” with the kiddo and bounced on trampolines and stuff.
wap

razr390 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 4:04 pm So, a full 48+ hours after, I feel just fine/normal. Yesterday I felt a bit lazy but I was able to get a full night’s rest last night. Still some aches, but I feel like that is due to the fact that we went to this indoor “fun park” with the kiddo and bounced on trampolines and stuff.
:notbad:

My back is still pretty fucked up. Wasn't able to do jack shit today. :|
Did some yoga this afternoon, though, and that actually helped a bit with the pain and range of movement.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:dat:

I mean, frankly, if you are judging anyone for wearing a mask at any point, you are kind of a POS.