OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:26 pm
Detroit wrote: I actually think it was you last year that was extolling the virtues of modern pants made with "Active" material. I bought a pair from Costco last month that look like nice khaki pants, but made out of stretchy active type material, and bought two more pairs because I like them so much. I barely wear jeans anymore, they're so comfortable. Wife claims leggings are the same way, just tighter.

:datass: :megusta:
:notwrong:

It's cool that the tech has trickled down to costco level now. I'll have to do some shopping when we have a functioning house and some free time. Those fabrics keep you warm and cool at the same time. How do they know?
Magic.

And they were like $15 at Costco, can't afford not to buy them.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:26 pm
Detroit wrote: I actually think it was you last year that was extolling the virtues of modern pants made with "Active" material. I bought a pair from Costco last month that look like nice khaki pants, but made out of stretchy active type material, and bought two more pairs because I like them so much. I barely wear jeans anymore, they're so comfortable. Wife claims leggings are the same way, just tighter.

:datass: :megusta:

It's cool that the tech has trickled down to costco level now. I'll have to do some shopping when we have a functioning house and some free time. Those fabrics keep you warm and cool at the same time. How do they know?
It’s funny to think that 12 years ago I was running in Miami in all cotton attire like :thisisfine: and commuting on my Raleigh 80s bike in jeans. It doesn’t take long to get accustomed to the finer things.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

:doge: -coin is the modern day financial :troll: face of the year. Convince me that I'm :wrong:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:26 pm :notwrong:

It’s funny to think that 12 years ago I was running in Miami in all cotton attire like :thisisfine: and commuting on my Raleigh 80s bike in jeans. It doesn’t take long to get accustomed to the finer things.

It really makes existing in the heat much better :doe:

In the right clothes I can be outside all day at 90F NFG. I can't imagine living down here before AC was invented...
troyguitar

Found another downside to living in civilization... I'm waiting at the DMV for the first time in years and years. In the middle of nowhere there was never a wait. :ohwell:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:33 am
D Griff wrote:

It really makes existing in the heat much better :doe:

In the right clothes I can be outside all day at 90F NFG. I can't imagine living down here before AC was invented...

It really does make a massive difference.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:39 am Found another downside to living in civilization... I'm waiting at the DMV for the first time in years and years. In the middle of nowhere there was never a wait. :ohwell:
Here it's still 100% appointment only, and it's magical.

Arrive AT your appt time, no earlier, no later. You walk in and go straight to the person at the counter, they handle your shit, you're out and done. Appts take longer to wait for, but the experience is incredible. I hope it becomes the norm.

Wife had to go in to get her license renewed, she made an appt 3 week ago, earliest was yesterday. She went in with the title to the boat too in case they'd do that as well while she's there and she was in and out in 20 minutes and they did both her new license and the boat title/reg.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

troyguitar wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:39 am Found another downside to living in civilization... I'm waiting at the DMV for the first time in years and years. In the middle of nowhere there was never a wait. :ohwell:
When I was down there I was lucky enough that there was a satellite DMV in my town's Municipal building. Prob the nicest experience I ever had for vehicular administrative stuff. Nice office, laid back staff, no wait. Though after dealing with NE NJ DMV's for a good chunk of my life anything else is gravy. You literally needed to take a day off from work in order to get anything done there. There would be a hundred person line to get in in the morning.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:57 am

Arrive AT your appt time, no earlier, no later. You walk in and go straight to the person at the counter, they handle your shit, you're out and done. Appts take longer to wait for, but the experience is incredible. I hope it becomes the norm.

Wife had to go in to get her license renewed, she made an appt 3 week ago, earliest was yesterday. She went in with the title to the boat too in case they'd do that as well while she's there and she was in and out in 20 minutes and they did both her new license and the boat title/reg.
:notbad:
Did she also do the upgrade to the Real ID :bs: too?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:

It's appointment only here (booking ~2 weeks out) too but I still had to wait about 20 minutes despite arriving 5 minutes early. :ohwell: total time to transfer my license to officially become Florida Man was like 40 minutes. Nothing like the hours and hours it supposedly takes in CA.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

troyguitar wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:55 pm
Detroit wrote: Here it's still 100% appointment only, and it's magical.

It's appointment only here (booking ~2 weeks out) too but I still had to wait about 20 minutes despite arriving 5 minutes early. :ohwell: total time to transfer my license to officially become Florida Man was like 40 minutes. Nothing like the hours and hours it supposedly takes in CA.
Can confirm that CA generally sucks. My last visit wasn’t terrible.. Line moved a little slow, but I was in and out in under an hour, which is much better than last experiences even with appointments.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Tarspin wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:27 am :doge: -coin is the modern day financial :troll: face of the year. Convince me that I'm :wrong:
GameStock bankrupted Hedge Funds doe.

I'm not invested in Doge, but I love seeing it go to the moon.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Melon wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:03 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:27 am :doge: -coin is the modern day financial :trollface: of the year. Convince me that I'm :wrong:

How are all these random e-currencies just popping up? To me it's going to end in :disappoint: , and grumpy :doge: obviously.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Tarspin wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:13 pm

How are all these random e-currencies just popping up? To me it's going to end in :disappoint: , and grumpy :doge: obviously.
:doge: has been around for years… it started up not long after BitCoin, IIRC.
troyguitar

Apex wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:13 pm How are all these random e-currencies just popping up? To me it's going to end in :disappoint: , and grumpy :doge: obviously.
:dat:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Yeah, the recent run up will probably lead to a fall back to some level.
I'm in it for the long haul, crypto isn't going away. I'm preparing and hedging my bed on a future run up.
Money In
Pump Up
Cash Out

Buy more shitty BMW's.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Melon wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:33 pm

Yeah, the recent run up will probably lead to a fall back to some level.
I'm in it for the long haul, crypto isn't going away. I'm preparing and hedging my bed on a future run up.
Money In
Pump Up
Cash Out

Buy more shitty BMW's.
:zing:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:55 pm
Detroit wrote: Here it's still 100% appointment only, and it's magical.

Weird. There's no waiting allowed in MI...they send you back to your car if you come early.

CA is the absolute worst :doe: I always dreaded going in, and with all the shitboxes that I bought and sold, it was a frequent :disgust:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:18 pm

Orly.... I see the lifetime chart meow that you mention it. This stuff :mindblown: me. What assurance does anyone have that someone isn't backdoor creating these out of thin air and manipulating the shit out their price with artificial supply & demand?
Apex

Tarspin wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:52 pm
Apex wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:18 pm

Orly.... I see the lifetime chart meow that you mention it. This stuff :mindblown: me. What assurance does anyone have that someone isn't backdoor creating these out of thin air and manipulating the shit out their price with artificial supply & demand?
Block chains are public so you know when coins are mined and enter the supply. There’s also a finite number of coins available/possible to be mined.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:04 pm

Block chains are public so you know when coins are mined and enter the supply. There’s also a finite number of coins available/possible to be mined.
Do you know if block chains are reliable? I'm reading up on scams, and there are some shady large scale events taking place now and then. Again, I don't know my head from my ass when it comes to the inner workings of crypto offerings on the market, but if shit hit the fan do you not think there could be a bunch of crashing servers and stolen money? I guess the same could be said about stocks, but at least those lofty valuations have some connection to a functioning business.

https://blockchainmagazine.net/top-5-bl ... -aware-of/

Sorry man, I'm in a dark place today. Just sharing some of my many disgruntlements :lolol:
Apex

Tarspin wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:20 pm

Do you know if block chains are reliable? I'm reading up on scams, and there are some shady large scale events taking place now and then. Again, I don't know my head from my ass when it comes to the inner workings of crypto offerings on the market, but if shit hit the fan do you not think there could be a bunch of crashing servers and stolen money? I guess the same could be said about stocks, but at least those lofty valuations have some connection to a functioning business.

Sorry man, I'm in a dark place today. Just sharing some of my many disgruntlements :lolol:
No less reliable than anything else out there. Public ledgers probably make them lean towards being more reliable.

Looks like those scams were around investments in coins/crypto rather than crypto itself. If you’re sticking to a major player you’re probably fine. For example, if you’re buying BitCoin via CoinBase I wouldn’t worry about it. It comes down to “if it’s too good to be true, it probably is.” Crypto has been around for awhile now so we have some feeling on what is legitimate vs fly-by-night.

I’m going off of memory here, so things may have changed.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Exactly this. Blockchains are 100% verifiable transactions and public. This does NOT mean your information (name, address, etc) is stored in the chain every transaction but rather every transaction has an “ID” or reference number and it’s logged on the chain even if you’re anonymous.

The only way :doge: coin is different is that it has no supply cap. Which is why the :notsure: on its volatility is more authentic than of the big three (BTC, ETH, LTC) and their alts.

:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

Tarspin wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:20 pm

First off, hope you feel better and push through today.

Second off, like with anything there is always a portion of shit that is shady. Block chains are reliable in that they track every transaction. That doesn’t mean some bro buying stolen art with BTC can get tracked even though they may be doing it. That’s actually one of the benefits of crypto is that it is decentralized and harder to track the person, even if the transaction is public.

I see NFT’s as a boom & bust hype thing. That’s straight up money laundering IMO for those people paying millions of dollars for the rights to digital art like wat
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

I have a co-worker who is a pure genius and has read up on crypto for years now. He put me onto an alt coin called Chainlink. It basically serves as smart contract fulfillment by “linking” the reliability and accuracy of blockchain tech with the real world. He got in at $0.15/per and has about 170,000 of them. They are now close to $50/per. I got in at $1.99 so I am doing alright too.