OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Irish wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:54 pm @troyguitar @detroit @griff and the rest of our musicians...... Thought you might appreciate this

It was marketed in the 1950s and sold for about $255 at that time. The reason it is sideways is that the whole mechanism rotates so you can type notes upside down.
I had to look it up, $255 in 1955 was $2,225. Someone would have to be REALLY into music to pop for that thing. :impressive:

I always wondered about this.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Irish wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:54 pm @troyguitar @detroit @griff and the rest of our musicians...... Thought you might appreciate this

It was marketed in the 1950s and sold for about $255 at that time. The reason it is sideways is that the whole mechanism rotates so you can type notes upside down.
Very :neat: , definitely :waxer: !

I guess that was what you had to do back then, times have changed quite a bit :lolol:

I am guessing these were mostly sold to shop owners or others in the business of selling sheet music, perhaps universities as well. I assume most people just wrote sheet music by hand in those days, when a music type writer was as much as a Miata.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Storage unit acquired and we’ll start loading up stuff. Big move will be the weekend of the 21st for the couches and stuff.

And pray this :dill: closes. I don’t want to go back to looking at houses.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Apex wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:50 am Storage unit acquired and we’ll start loading up stuff. Big move will be the weekend of the 21st for the couches and stuff.

I think if this :dill: doesn’t close you’ll just take over your agent’s house while they find a nice plot of grass to lay down under for the rest of their lives.

:lolol:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Apex

razr390 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:52 am
Apex wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:50 am Storage unit acquired and we’ll start loading up stuff. Big move will be the weekend of the 21st for the couches and stuff.

I think if this :dill: doesn’t close you’ll just take over your agent’s house while they find a nice plot of grass to lay down under for the rest of their lives.

troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:

I guess that was what you had to do back then, times have changed quite a bit Imageol:

I am guessing these were mostly sold to shop owners or others in the business of selling sheet music, perhaps universities as well. I assume most people just wrote sheet music by hand in those days, when a music type writer was as much as a Miata.
I'd never seen anything like this, really cool.

I assume as well that it's largely a tool for people writing books of music like for textbooks. Big orchestras or theater companies could also use something like that to make scores?
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:56 am
D Griff wrote:

I guess that was what you had to do back then, times have changed quite a bit Imageol:

I'd never seen anything like this, really cool.

I assume as well that it's largely a tool for people writing books of music like for textbooks. Big orchestras or theater companies could also use something like that to make scores?
When I sang with a men's chorus a few years ago, the pianist was incredibly musically gifted and would score music specifically for the chorus when an arrangement wasn't available. Having something like this before computers would probably be :mindblown: for that dude, cause he'd be writing each by hand otherwise.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

So, the good news is you're not going to be under a time crunch other than your own when it's time for the final move. I HATE the pressure of moving over a certain period of time. Like if your house closed a day or two before your leases ended, that's a REALLY stressful few days to move everything fast. With stuff in storage, you can get the house in order first (clean, paint, whatever) and slowly move things in as you need.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:56 am I'd never seen anything like this, really cool.

When I sang with a men's chorus a few years ago, the pianist was incredibly musically gifted and would score music specifically for the chorus when an arrangement wasn't available. Having something like this before computers would probably be :mindblown: for that dude, cause he'd be writing each by hand otherwise.
Copying scores by hand used to be a real job, long after the printing press made regular books available en masse. I'm :notsure: when sheet music became available in print.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:11 am
Detroit wrote: When I sang with a men's chorus a few years ago, the pianist was incredibly musically gifted and would score music specifically for the chorus when an arrangement wasn't available. Having something like this before computers would probably be :mindblown: for that dude, cause he'd be writing each by hand otherwise.
Copying scores by hand used to be a real job, long after the printing press made regular books available en masse. I'm :notsure: when sheet music became available in print.
Small market, it was probably a while after the printing press because music shares next to nothing with normal text.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:08 am

So, the good news is you're not going to be under a time crunch other than your own when it's time for the final move. I HATE the pressure of moving over a certain period of time. Like if your house closed a day or two before your leases ended, that's a REALLY stressful few days to move everything fast. With stuff in storage, you can get the house in order first (clean, paint, whatever) and slowly move things in as you need.
Yeah, just need to not over stay our welcome at the in-laws… Plus I’ll have a 160 mile round trip commute.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:23 am
Detroit wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:08 am
Yeah, just need to not over stay our welcome at the in-laws… Plus I’ll have a 160 mile round trip commute.
Well yea, YOU will want to move as quickly as possible, but at least you're not being forced.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:fuckyeah:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Before I knew this was my last week, my plan was to work a half day from home on Friday. Asked my supervisor today about doing the half day here at the office before I head up to my parents’ place for the weekend, but got shut down. Looks like Thursday is my last day. Bummer to miss out on those extra four hours of pay, but I’ll have a nice relaxing Friday morning at home and not have to worry about packing the night before now.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:40 pm Before I knew this was my last week, my plan was to work a half day from home on Friday. Asked my supervisor today about doing the half day here at the office before I head up to my parents’ place for the weekend, but got shut down. Looks like Thursday is my last day. Bummer to miss out on those extra four hours of pay, but I’ll have a nice relaxing Friday morning at home and not have to worry about packing the night before now.
Having Friyay all the way off is 5/7 IMO. Worth the 4 hours of pay.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:41 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:40 pm Before I knew this was my last week, my plan was to work a half day from home on Friday. Asked my supervisor today about doing the half day here at the office before I head up to my parents’ place for the weekend, but got shut down. Looks like Thursday is my last day. Bummer to miss out on those extra four hours of pay, but I’ll have a nice relaxing Friday morning at home and not have to worry about packing the night before now.
:dat:

I :aintcare: about pay as much as time at this point.
SAWCE

Oh yeah for sure. Will feel nice to sleep in a bit and have more time to get stuff ready to head north. Traveling while prepping for this competition is a pain in the dick.
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:28 pm
Oh yeah for sure. Will feel nice to sleep in a bit and have more time to get stuff ready to head north. Traveling while prepping for this competition is a pain in the dick.
You can get a solid session in before leaving too.
SAWCE

Apex wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:34 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:28 pm

Yeah I’m thinking about doing that. Probably will now. Friday is usually my rest day from lifting, but if I train Friday, I can have all of Saturday with my family while I’m up there instead of needing to go hit the gym for an hour or two during the evening.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:56 pm
Apex wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:34 pm

Yeah I’m thinking about doing that. Probably will now. Friday is usually my rest day from lifting, but if I train Friday, I can have all of Saturday with my family while I’m up there instead of needing to go hit the gym for an hour or two during the evening.
:nice:
Apex

WFH today and it’s grey and raining outside. :eeyore:
SAWCE

T-shirt and jeans to work. DGAF mode engaged.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:02 am T-shirt and jeans to work. DGAF mode engaged.

That is pretty standard attire at my workplace. I had to go into the office yesterday to train a new to our team lady (she was promoted from a Customer Service Supervisor role). We have met in passing over the few years I've been at the company, but this was our first time working together. She went suuuper casual, like frumpy stretchy jeans and a tee. I think our company's office culture is almost tooo casual. She is an ace for the role though, definitely will be one of the easier new hires to get up and running and I think she will knock it out of the park with sales.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:19 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:02 am T-shirt and jeans to work. DGAF mode engaged.

That is pretty standard attire at my workplace. I had to go into the office yesterday to train a new to our team lady (she was promoted from a Customer Service Supervisor role). We have met in passing over the few years I've been at the company, but this was our first time working together. She went suuuper casual, like frumpy stretchy jeans and a tee. I think our company's office culture is almost tooo casual. She is an ace for the role though, definitely will be one of the easier new hires to get up and running and I think she will knock it out of the park with sales.
Nice!

I generally just do jeans and a polo here. Most of the people in the govt that I deal with now wear jeans and t-shirts almost every day, so I’m hoping that the team I’m going to is similar. I don’t mind throwing the polos on here and there, but t-shirt most days would be awesome.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:24 am
D Griff wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:19 am

Nice!

I generally just do jeans and a polo here. Most of the people in the govt that I deal with now wear jeans and t-shirts almost every day, so I’m hoping that the team I’m going to is similar. I don’t mind throwing the polos on here and there, but t-shirt most days would be awesome.
I actually embrace the shorts at the office thing when it's warm but generally opt for a shirt with a collar. It's just funny at my company, so many people are in sweat pants and stuff, it looks like they are lounging more than working. :iono: I guess I'm just :okboomer: with my thoughts that people should dress up slightly :lolol: