OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

SAWCE wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:21 am Came up to see my parents last night. Really tough seeing my mom and how much weight she’s lost. Appetite still isn’t back at all, but she’s only been off chemo for a week or two at this point. Hopefully she can start eating more soon. Still in a fair amount of pain, but she was happy to see me. Working remotely up here for a few hours while she has some appointments, then I’ll just spend the rest of today and tomorrow hanging with her.
Spend all the time you can. I took paid family leave in the later months. There are strong laws in California allowing you to do so btw. And it’s illegal to fire you for this
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:40 am Right now, Bulgaria is open without any quarantine except from India, Brazil and South Africa. But because of the lockdown and currently in the process of Bulgarian citizenship, me and my family may be eligible (waiting for it :popcorn: ) to get a permission paper so we can smoothly go through checkpoints into the Bulgarian border, which is a 3 hour drive and another hour to a nice chill black sea shore town called Burgas. Fingers crossed. This also means we have no problem going into Greece as well. We just need a negative test.

Also, bunch of :waxer: have raised hell to the government office for the alcohol ban and the gov. also realized the decline of taxpayer money (alcohol has additional tax here) and they realized it was the alcohol ban :lolol: so they lifted the ban.
Are you guys trying to escape Turkey ?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:21 am Came up to see my parents last night. Really tough seeing my mom and how much weight she’s lost. Appetite still isn’t back at all, but she’s only been off chemo for a week or two at this point. Hopefully she can start eating more soon. Still in a fair amount of pain, but she was happy to see me. Working remotely up here for a few hours while she has some appointments, then I’ll just spend the rest of today and tomorrow hanging with her.
Dang man, sorry to hear that she's still struggling to eat. Glad that you're getting to spend time with her! My thoughts are with you, her, and your fam.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Is she open to using cannabis? It can work WONDERS for people in her state. Ease pain, increase appetite, etc. A chocolate bar edible is all she'd probably need, and it would last her a month easy since she doesn't need much of a dose.

I'm really sorry your mom is going through this. It's gotta be hard to see, but you being there probably means more to hear than you can imagine.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:38 am
Spend all the time you can. I took paid family leave in the later months. There are strong laws in California allowing you to do so btw. And it’s illegal to fire you for this
Good to know, and thank you for the advice! I’ll look into that for sure. Just got my firm offer from the gov, so I won’t have any PTO banked up to use once I start that gig in a few weeks so FMLA will be a nice option.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:24 pm
Is she open to using cannabis? It can work WONDERS for people in her state. Ease pain, increase appetite, etc. A chocolate bar edible is all she'd probably need, and it would last her a month easy since she doesn't need much of a dose.

I'm really sorry your mom is going through this. It's gotta be hard to see, but you being there probably means more to hear than you can imagine.
She hasn’t been open to it in the past, but I’m going to offer it to her while I’m here and if she considers it I’ll bring up these granola edibles I have since that will be right up her alley. Tell her to just eat like a quarter of one and se show she feels.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:09 pm
Dang man, sorry to hear that she's still struggling to eat. Glad that you're getting to spend time with her! My thoughts are with you, her, and your fam.
Thanks man!
max225

SAWCE wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:01 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:38 am

Good to know, and thank you for the advice! I’ll look into that for sure. Just got my firm offer from the gov, so I won’t have any PTO banked up to use once I start that gig in a few weeks so FMLA will be a nice option.
Yea just trying to watch out. You need some time for this sort of thing and that's why we have these safety nets in place. More so in California than any other state. The maximum weekly benefit as of now is $1357 which should certainly be enough to float you for a bit (it is up to 60/70% of your current pay).
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:04 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:01 pm

Yea just trying to watch out. You need some time for this sort of thing and that's why we have these safety nets in place. More so in California than any other state. The maximum weekly benefit as of now is $1357 which should certainly be enough to float you for a bit (it is up to 60/70% of your current pay).
That’s fantastic. Thank you again!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:39 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:40 am Right now, Bulgaria is open without any quarantine except from India, Brazil and South Africa. But because of the lockdown and currently in the process of Bulgarian citizenship, me and my family may be eligible (waiting for it :popcorn: ) to get a permission paper so we can smoothly go through checkpoints into the Bulgarian border, which is a 3 hour drive and another hour to a nice chill black sea shore town called Burgas. Fingers crossed. This also means we have no problem going into Greece as well. We just need a negative test.

Also, bunch of :waxer: have raised hell to the government office for the alcohol ban and the gov. also realized the decline of taxpayer money (alcohol has additional tax here) and they realized it was the alcohol ban :lolol: so they lifted the ban.
Are you guys trying to escape Turkey ?
Only for like 4 days, if it doesn't follow through, then :ohwell:

Also I went out like every other lockdown weekends, the news are exaggerating saying how they will be stricter, etc.! It was exactly like before, cops don't even bother to stop you still if you're a pedestrian. Gonna wait a few days and see what happens.

It's been almost 20 years since i've been to BG.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SAWCE

Sounds like she may be open to marijuana at this point. She doesn’t want to “feel high” so I’ll see what edibles I can find with a higher CBD:THC ratio and have her try just a portion of one of those. Hope they help her.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:49 pm Sounds like she may be open to marijuana at this point. She doesn’t want to “feel high” so I’ll see what edibles I can find with a higher CBD:THC ratio and have her try just a portion of one of those. Hope they help her.
Yep, look for something with high CBD and low THC, and start with a small dose and work up if it doesn't do anything after a few hours.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:15 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:49 pm Sounds like she may be open to marijuana at this point. She doesn’t want to “feel high” so I’ll see what edibles I can find with a higher CBD:THC ratio and have her try just a portion of one of those. Hope they help her.
Yep, look for something with high CBD and low THC, and start with a small dose and work up if it doesn't do anything after a few hours.
I found one with a 1:1 ratio thats dose at only 5mg, so easy for her to micro dose by cutting into quarters and then halves if the quarter isn’t enough. Looks like a shop in Hollywood has them, so I’ll stop by on my way home from this trip only in my way up next Friday.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:07 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:15 pm
I found one with a 1:1 ratio thats dose at only 5mg, so easy for her to micro dose by cutting into quarters and then halves if the quarter isn’t enough. Looks like a shop in Hollywood has them, so I’ll stop by on my way home from this trip only in my way up next Friday.
That's perfect. I honestly think it could work wonders for her. Cancer treatment like this is a huge reason why cannabis was made legal for medicinal use originally to start.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:09 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:07 pm

That's perfect. I honestly think it could work wonders for her. Cancer treatment like this is a huge reason why cannabis was made legal for medicinal use originally to start.
Yeah, I’m really happy that she’s open to it. She’s always been a smaller woman, but she’s scary tiny right now since she barely eats :(
SAWCE

She has some wounds that never healed from her last round of surgeries too, and not eating and getting adequate protein has played a role in those not being able to heal up, so hoping that stimulating her appetite a bit and getting some extra calories will help those to finally heal. Seems to be where most of her pain comes from now.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:12 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:09 pm
Yeah, I’m really happy that she’s open to it. She’s always been a smaller woman, but she’s scary tiny right now since she barely eats :(
Right, which is helping nothing and making her feel weaker than she already is. Nutrition is still important (preaching to the choir, I know). She should be as comfortable and relaxed as possible right now, cannabis can help.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:13 pm She has some wounds that never healed from her last round of surgeries too, and not eating and getting adequate protein has played a role in those not being able to heal up, so hoping that stimulating her appetite a bit and getting some extra calories will help those to finally heal. Seems to be where most of her pain comes from now.
Yep, between healing those wounds and just general feeling better, calories will help a lot.
SAWCE

For sure. Hopefully she actually takes them when I bring them up. I’ll see if I can’t find a something with like a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio for her too to keep the THC levels down.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:17 pm For sure. Hopefully she actually takes them when I bring them up. I’ll see if I can’t find a something with like a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio for her too to keep the THC levels down.
The thing is, THC helps with appetite, which you want. I think 1:1 with small doses to start would be a good idea. Maybe take them with her so she's more comfortable knowing you're in it with her? I always make it a point to join first timers as I've found it tends to make them more comfortable. I take the same dose too, which is usually too weak for me, but it reinforces that I'm in it with them and puts them at ease. :iono:

And honestly, if she gets a LITTLE high, I'd be surprised if she got upset. She'll be more relaxed than anything. She's just concerned of the unknown, and that's a valid concern with first time cannabis users. Someone experienced to help with dosing is critical for a good experience IMO.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:11 am
Melon wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:00 pm

I'm making mine look like a 'buy here, pay here's lot. :lol:

For a $500 down payment, with $27 a week and 3%, have youself a clapped out vehicle. From Melon Autos down in Trenton, New Jersey.
Swamp ass Motors. Louisiana's finest.
A gator in every glovebox.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:32 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:17 pm For sure. Hopefully she actually takes them when I bring them up. I’ll see if I can’t find a something with like a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio for her too to keep the THC levels down.
The thing is, THC helps with appetite, which you want. I think 1:1 with small doses to start would be a good idea. Maybe take them with her so she's more comfortable knowing you're in it with her? I always make it a point to join first timers as I've found it tends to make them more comfortable. I take the same dose too, which is usually too weak for me, but it reinforces that I'm in it with them and puts them at ease. :iono:

And honestly, if she gets a LITTLE high, I'd be surprised if she got upset. She'll be more relaxed than anything. She's just concerned of the unknown, and that's a valid concern with first time cannabis users. Someone experienced to help with dosing is critical for a good experience IMO.
Mama Sawce will be making a run to the border in no time at all.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Yeah unfortunately I can’t right now since I’m waiting on doing my drug test for the gov job. That should happen in the next week or two, so I should be able to partake again after that.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:52 pm

Hell yeah.

I wanted to go grab her some today once she said she was open to it, but surprisingly there are no dispensaries here in Lancaster or Palmdale. Wonder if there are city ordinances holding them back for now.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:36 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:52 pm

Hell yeah.

I wanted to go grab her some today once she said she was open to it, but surprisingly there are no dispensaries here in Lancaster or Palmdale. Wonder if there are city ordinances holding them back for now.
I’ll be in San Diego in about a week could get you something ...