2021 :plac: life!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:56 pm
HerrBerlin wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:58 pm So my british hatchback had some very, very minor damage done to it when it was being transported from the port to the dealership. Two wheels are scratched and the rear splitter looks like something bumped into it.

The shipper I hired to bring it to me found this stuff at pickup and my sales guy told me that I could take it to a local Honda dealer and have it fixed under warranty since it happened while with Honda. I reached out to my closest Honda dealer to let them know the situation and they seemed open to it being fixed under warranty.

Part of me thinks they're not going to want to help because I didn't buy it from them, but we'll see what happens. Hopefully it'll be an easy resolution.
Be prepared for some shenanigans. In my experience, Transportation Damage claims are usually handled like an insurance claim, with a rep at the manufacturer having to authorize a claim after significant documentation and pictures. This has to be done within a limited timeframe after the dealership receives the vehicle. At my Toyota store where we received 6-30 cars a day, the truck driver has a dealer rep inspect the cars at delivery and sign off that there is no damage. We had a 72 hour window for additional damage to be reported post delivery from the manufacturer. After that, it was considered to be lot damage. Porsche is a little more flexible as the cars come completely wrapped/bagged.

In your case I’d quote replacement (not repair) of the scratched wheels and bumper pieces to return the car to new condition and submit that as a TD claim prior to PDI.

The moment a car completed PDI and that paperwork was submitted, the dealer is basically saying all is well and it’s ready for sale. Damage inspection and verification of all equipment is a step of the PDI and needs to be addressed before completing the PDI... Anything that comes up after that is considered lot damage and the dealership is on the hook.

Cosmetic and Physical damage is not warrantable, so if the selling dealer missed it, PDId and delivered/shipped the car without starting a TD claim, the manufacturer generally won’t pay out on it. If you were bringing your vehicle to one the stores I’ve worked at, we would (and have) quote you a cash repair and point you back in the direction of the selling dealership for reimbursement. It’s one thing to have a defective car at delivery, it’s another to have a damaged car.
:dat: :dat: :dat:

This was my experience in dealing with this when I worked for the :dillerman:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:22 pm
HerrBerlin wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:19 pm

Brand new with 10 miles on the odometer. I normally wouldn't care about things like this, but definitely want it fixed because it's a brand new car.
Yeah, they owe you new parts, man. You paid a primo price for a special car. This ain’t no $18k civic.
:dat:

New car needs to be repaired to new condition.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: occasionally

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:57 am
HerrBerlin wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:02 pm Here's the damage:

Oh wow that’s less than ideal. I wonder what happened ... almost looks like road debris of some sort. Did they transport your car butt first ?
No idea. This happened somewhere between the factory and the dealership. My shipper noticed and documented the damage at pickup which is when the sales guy told me about it over text.
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

4zilch wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:57 am
fledonfoot wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:22 pm

Yeah, they owe you new parts, man. You paid a primo price for a special car. This ain’t no $18k civic.
:dat:

New car needs to be repaired to new condition.
Definitely going to try and get it done!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

HerrBerlin wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:33 am
max225 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:57 am
Oh wow that’s less than ideal. I wonder what happened ... almost looks like road debris of some sort. Did they transport your car butt first ?
No idea. This happened somewhere between the factory and the dealership. My shipper noticed and documented the damage at pickup which is when the sales guy told me about it over text.
Oh so your shipper noted it. Perfect that means you will most likely get it fixed. If he didn’t you’d be stuck with the factory blaming the shipper and two dealerships refusing to take ownership
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

Dang, that’s super disappointing to get a new car with damage! Hoping you get it sorted out!

Smart move on the front plate, it doesn’t look bad on that car. I also live in Washington and haven’t had a front plate on any of my cars, never had a problem but I definitely worry about it in the fiata.
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:11 am
HerrBerlin wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:33 am

Oh so your shipper noted it. Perfect that means you will most likely get it fixed. If he didn’t you’d be stuck with the factory blaming the shipper and two dealerships refusing to take ownership
Yeah, I'm really lucky he noticed it at pickup and it's all documented via that reciept and over text. Latest from my sales guy this morning:

HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

haleyann wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:27 am Dang, that’s super disappointing to get a new car with damage! Hoping you get it sorted out!

Smart move on the front plate, it doesn’t look bad on that car. I also live in Washington and haven’t had a front plate on any of my cars, never had a problem but I definitely worry about it in the fiata.
It is disappointing. :(

If I had gotten white or grey, I probably would of left it off but the blue is really in your face. :narc: are less than friendly here so I don't want more attention from them than needed.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

HerrBerlin wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:44 am
haleyann wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:27 am Dang, that’s super disappointing to get a new car with damage! Hoping you get it sorted out!

If I had gotten white or grey, I probably would of left it off but the blue is really in your face. :narc: are less than friendly here so I don't want more attention from them than needed.
One of my really good friends just got hired to WA state patrol and he’s been sharing their secrets, apparently most of them won’t pull people over unless they’re 12 over the speed limit. And most of them don’t give a shit about front plates.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

New car should be delivered in new condition. You pay the premium for the un-farted-in seats and un-chipped exterior.

in4results
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:49 am New car should be delivered in new condition. You pay the premium for the un-farted-in seats and un-chipped exterior.

in4results
:dat: for sure.

Curious to see the outcome, but since the shipper noted the damage, I suspect things will go smoothly.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

haleyann wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:49 am
HerrBerlin wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:44 am

One of my really good friends just got hired to WA state patrol and he’s been sharing their secrets, apparently most of them won’t pull people over unless they’re 12 over the speed limit. And most of them don’t give a shit about front plates.
Good to know!
HerrBerlin
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:08 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:49 am New car should be delivered in new condition. You pay the premium for the un-farted-in seats and un-chipped exterior.

in4results
:dat: for sure.

Curious to see the outcome, but since the shipper noted the damage, I suspect things will go smoothly.
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Just gonna sit back and watch seattle :dillerman: tell original one they're liable and need to pay for it.

We'll see if I have to pull out my inner Karen and create some noise. :howdareu:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

HerrBerlin wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:19 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:14 pm

Yeah, ok, I’d be making a big stink here. I’d want two new wheels - not repaired ones- and that diffuser piece replaced too. Repairing chunks out of the bumper like that won’t look good.

You bought a new car, correct?
Brand new with 10 miles on the odometer. I normally wouldn't care about things like this, but definitely want it fixed because it's a brand new car.
Looks like it rode on an open transport in a bad location through a gravel "event" or through an area with a lot of natural rock strikes. Like the entire state of Arizona. I lived in WA for a number of years, plenty of rock strikes in that state as well. Those wheel dings are pretty nasty.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Brand new cars of any measurable value really deserve covered shipping.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:27 pm Brand new cars of any measurable value really deserve covered shipping.
Even basic Honda Civics are $20k... that’s a decent hunk of cash.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:32 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:27 pm Brand new cars of any measurable value really deserve covered shipping.
Even basic Honda Civics are $20k... that’s a decent hunk of cash.
To be fair there are a fair number of base civic buyers who would not even notice the stuff we're talking about here, the same way people never notice curbing the hell out of all their wheels, or the other myriad sins levied upon vehicles by your average derp.
ChrisoftheNorth

Nothing short of new Vettes and :waxer: german cars are transported to the dealer covered. Almost everything is open transport regardless of MSRP.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:49 pm
Nothing short of new Vettes and :waxer: german cars are transported to the dealer covered. Almost everything is open transport regardless of MSRP.
I'm sure manufacturers have put their :225: s to work and determined this is way more cost efficient.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:49 pm
Nothing short of new Vettes and :waxer: german cars are transported to the dealer covered. Almost I
everything is open transport regardless of MSRP.
Yea I don’t get this “msrp” argument. I got same level of shit service in my 80k m3 comp as someone that was getting on their 20k cpo 328i. No loaner and all. And it had maintenance costs that would put Porsche to shame. With ~5/6k in maintenance +tires every 30k miles
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Yeah, I have a 328i and my service has been shit.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Melon wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:11 pm Yeah, I have a 328i and my service has been shit.
Well, fuck you man, take your business elsewhere.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Melon wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:11 pm
Melon wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:11 pm Yeah, I have a 328i and my service has been shit.
See what I mean?
Yikes.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:12 pm
Melon wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:11 pm

See what I mean?
Yikes.
Man, that guy's a real jackass.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:15 pm
Melon wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:12 pm

See what I mean?
Yikes.
Man, that guy's a real jackass.
Oh now this guy is on my ass too!
Well find another BMW mechanic :melon: