Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:55 am
max225 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:01 pm
Not a mask in sight.
Many states are like this I found. Colorado was alarming.
:howdy:

How is the trip?!
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Starting to see no masks at businesses around here.
I dropped my M3 trailing arms off at the shop, two people in the office, no masks.

I'm really :aintcare: at this point. It's everyone for themselves, I got my vaccine.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Here it's masks indoors and :aintcare: outdoors.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:02 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:55 am
Many states are like this I found. Colorado was alarming.

How is the trip?!
Beyond epic. I LOVE driving across this great country, it's been way too long since I did. Wife did remarkably well, and is all :excited: about doing more. She wants to overland through the 4 corners later this summer.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:38 am Here it's masks indoors and :aintcare: outdoors.
That's how a lot of the country is from my experience driving through a lot of it.

Colorado DGAF, and everyone looked at us like idiots for walking in wearing masks in places. We :nope: out of any restaurants in the state as a result.

NM was :impressive: lockdown. EVERYONE wore masks EVERYWHERE including outside. Many people even wore masks while eating and sitting outside, putting the mask down to take a bite then back up. We checked into a hotel in Albuquerque and the front desk lady looked at my ID while a news report was talking about cases in MI. "You're only staying with us one night right?" she asked quickly. I told her we were looking for 2 nights because we wanted to spend the day exploring the city and she said "for you folks, it's best if you limit going around". :impressive: :mindblown: We went out anyway but never went inside anywhere.

It's crazy how different states/people approach this
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:08 am
troyguitar wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:38 am Here it's masks indoors and :aintcare: outdoors.
That's how a lot of the country is from my experience driving through a lot of it.

Colorado DGAF, and everyone looked at us like idiots for walking in wearing masks in places. We :nope: out of any restaurants in the state as a result.

NM was :impressive: lockdown. EVERYONE wore masks EVERYWHERE including outside. Many people even wore masks while eating and sitting outside, putting the mask down to take a bite then back up. We checked into a hotel in Albuquerque and the front desk lady looked at my ID while a news report was talking about cases in MI. "You're only staying with us one night right?" she asked quickly. I told her we were looking for 2 nights because we wanted to spend the day exploring the city and she said "for you folks, it's best if you limit going around". :impressive: :mindblown: We went out anyway but never went inside anywhere.

Oh dang!

That's seriously impressive.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

razr390 wrote:
rockchops wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:33 pm I cant hire people fast enough, and cant find enough of them. I just offered someone 30k more than I make (and for comparison not to brag but I do pretty well by most measures) and she declined. 5 years less experience. Sad thing is with all the variable compensation (employee ownership, bonuses etc) I doubt she would be on a track to make even 75% of what shed do at my place. But some people gotta make dat base.
what industry are you in again?
data science engineering
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

rockchops wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:49 am
razr390 wrote:
what industry are you in again?
data science engineering
I didn’t know you were in politics. :lol:
troyguitar

We got awesome Jamaican food last night a block from our house, figured it would be good because we were the only white people in the place. 5/7 hole in the wall, hopefully they survive the gentrification. Looks like they've been steadily raising prices and staying busy.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Jamaican food is delish.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Can’t go :wrong: with jerk chicken
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

And goat curry.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

I can’t do jerk flavor. Something in it just hits my pallet wrong.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:53 am We got awesome Jamaican food last night a block from our house, figured it would be good because we were the only white people in the place. 5/7 hole in the wall, hopefully they survive the gentrification. Looks like they've been steadily raising prices and staying busy.
This sounds outstanding.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Melon wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:05 am Jamaican food is delish.
:yesth:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Hi
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Loving seeing Troy be happier simply because he’s in paradise land versus Hoth
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:40 am Loving seeing Troy be happier simply because he’s in paradise land versus Hoth
:dat:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:03 am
D Griff wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:02 am

How is the trip?!
Beyond epic. I LOVE driving across this great country, it's been way too long since I did. Wife did remarkably well, and is all :excited: about doing more. She wants to overland through the 4 corners later this summer.
:fuckyeah:

It is truly one of my favorite things to do, whether full cross country, regionally, or flying somewhere/renting. So much cool shit to see in the USA and so much is accessible by car. Glad to hear you enjoyed it but also glad to have you back! How is the boat?

:popcorn:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:40 am Loving seeing Troy be happier simply because he’s in paradise land versus Hoth
:dat: I mean I would be too. I don't think I could survive rural/small town life AND shit weather. I could do a beach or mountain type town, but just small town nowheresville :thankstrump: USA is a hard fucking pass.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

razr390 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:40 amHi
Alaikum Selam! Happy Ramadan!
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:45 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:03 am

It is truly one of my favorite things to do, whether full cross country, regionally, or flying somewhere/renting. So much cool shit to see in the USA and so much is accessible by car. Glad to hear you enjoyed it but also glad to have you back! How is the boat?

Boat is great. Better was spending 2 days with it on lake mead...which was really something. Better yet was learning everything about it on the water from the long time owners. Really going to be awesome on lake michigan.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:08 am

I can say VA is about 60% masks. But when I went for a run in the local park, there are people who either run with masks under chin and pull up when they approach anyone (like I do), and I didn't see anyone without masks, like a whole family looked at me because I have a hook thing that goes on back of my neck and holds the mask in place. I don't rock my mask when I'm inside my car alone, and I was waiting at the light and this guy who wore a mask alone in the car gave me a dirty look like I'm an anti-maskers and can see my mask hanging on my wiper stalk. When I walked around in an area, people without masks still moved out of my way keeping their distance when I was going on runs in certain areas, thats at least kind of respectable for them in that regard, where at that point I only rock it outside when I get closer to people.

In Turkey, if I'm in a slightly crowded area that I can still social distance (keep in mind, in the US especially where troy posted I wouldn't be THAT worried), lot of people told me to put it on, even if I had it down for 3 seconds. I saw citations being written for not wearing a mask.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:03 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:45 pm

Boat is great. Better was spending 2 days with it on lake mead...which was really something. Better yet was learning everything about it on the water from the long time owners. Really going to be awesome on lake michigan.
Epic! Definitely in4 boat/trip pics.
troyguitar

I think I found the single downgrade involved in this move: Our internet service will be both slower and more expensive.

We had 1000 Mbps up and down via fiber optic shit for $65/mo.

Down here the best thing available is old school cable that's 1000 Mbps down but only 50 up and it costs more like $89/mo... guess there won't be any live streaming high-res music video stuff happening. :ohwell: hopefully actual live music in person will be back to normal soon.