OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

troyguitar wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:26 pm I just crossed the state line leaving New York for the final time. :fuckyeah: :carlton:
Oh Hell yeah! Really happy for you Troy. I really hope you like it down there as much as I did.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Had another plumbing fiasco today...more clogs between the cleanout and sewer. Waiting for that fucker to totally implode. We have insurance. But, home depot had the specific plunger ends for curb/sewer systems so I was able to get that snd a 6 foot pipe and go to town. Must have been a pretty good scene - furious plunging with a massive plunger with shit flying everywhere over my back deck. Love owning an old house.

On the plus side, canceled most of my meetings and called the day off except for one, which went amazing with the exec team of a global athletic apparel brand. Assuming they didnt see me literally covered in shit.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

troyguitar wrote:I just crossed the state line leaving New York for the final time. :fuckyeah: :carlton:
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

rockchops wrote:
troyguitar wrote:I just crossed the state line leaving New York for the final time. :fuckyeah: :carlton:
This is my long drive song. I will actually also confess i fucking love christopher cross. I gotta see him play one these days. The backup singer (michael mcdonald) sounds like randy marsh and i can never not hear it.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Pretty sure baby said "blue" today.
Tried to get him to do it again. Questionable results. Wife isn't convinced.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

troyguitar wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:26 pm I just crossed the state line leaving New York for the final time. :fuckyeah: :carlton:
Wait you're moving? Is this the FL thing?
Congrats dude. I hope you guys find happiness down there and wish you the best :wub:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote:
Congrats dude. I hope you guys find happiness down there and wish you the best :wub:
I'm homeless as of today, closing on a little :haus: in St Pete next Friday, and hopefully getting our stuff delivered on the following Friday. Currently about to pass out near Harrisburg.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

troyguitar wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:52 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
I'm homeless as of today, closing on a little :haus: in St Pete next Friday, and hopefully getting our stuff delivered on the following Friday. Currently about to pass out near Harrisburg.
Safe travels, Troy!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

went back and read up. awesome man, congrats. pulling for y'all that it all works out!
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:01 am
went back and read up. awesome man, congrats. pulling for y'all that it all works out!
:dat: :fuckyeah:

Speaking of, have y’all been enjoying Tennessee life?
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Really just the first line. But that song popped in my head reading your post.
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: CHEESE

I just got the greatest phone call from my folks this morning. Apparently a huge hail storm rolled thru at 3 something o’clock this morning.

Skylights smashed along with a couple windows. Siding on one side of the house swiss cheese’d. My dad’s turbo FRS might be totaled. Tennis ball size to maybe even baseball. Their brand new metal roof is dented to shit and probably needs to be replaced too. They need to GTFO of Orange Beach because first Hurricane Sally hit them directly now this? Fuck that.

2010 Audi TT APR Stg1 (sold) >> 2012 BMW 335i FBO (sold) >> 2009 Miata zoom-zoom spec "Cheese" (sold) >> 2022 Hyundai Elantra N + 1999 Miata Maacover Project
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:ohdang: that’s some damage!
troyguitar

:yikes:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

RLWake wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:44 am I just got the greatest phone call from my folks this morning. Apparently a huge hail storm rolled thru at 3 something o’clock this morning.

Skylights smashed along with a couple windows. Siding on one side of the house swiss cheese’d. My dad’s turbo FRS might be totaled. Tennis ball size to maybe even baseball. Their brand new metal roof is dented to shit and probably needs to be replaced too. They need to GTFO of Orange Beach because first Hurricane Sally hit them directly now this? Fuck that.

Fuck man, sorry to hear that.

We got hit pretty hard here around the same time, was the worst thunderstorm I've seen in years.
Worse than all the hurricanes that got close in 2020 for sure. Fortunately, I never lost power, and only have a downed branch in the yard.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

troyguitar wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:56 am:yikes:
St Pete gets bad storms like that too rolling in off the Gulf.
2010 Audi TT APR Stg1 (sold) >> 2012 BMW 335i FBO (sold) >> 2009 Miata zoom-zoom spec "Cheese" (sold) >> 2022 Hyundai Elantra N + 1999 Miata Maacover Project
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Keep some basics on hand.
Tarps for roof damage.
You'll want to pick up a generator (Soon, hurricane season is about to begin and the price will shoot up)
Window unit.
Keep a couple good flashlights on hand.
Some water, and canned foods.
Keep a gallon water jug in the freezer, helps keep shit cold for a few days if you lose power.

Just a few things to get ahead of the panic rush that happens.

Welcome to the thunderdome!
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

My dad’s turbo FRS.
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Melon wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:54 am
Tarps for roof damage.
You'll want to pick up a generator (Soon, hurricane season is about to begin and the price will shoot up)
Window unit.
Keep a gallon water jug in the freezer, helps keep shit cold for a few days if you lose power.

Great tips, especially the ice jug. It really helps.

Also have board games or other stuff to do when you’re bored with no power or internet
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Also make sure you have gas cans. The FIRST thing that sells out when a hurricane is on the way is gas cans. If you ever need to leave for a storm, you need extra gas so you don’t run out in the insane traffic. When I left for Hurricane Irma, it took me 7 hours to get from Orlando to Gainesville, which is normally 2hrs 15mins. Took another 6 to get to my folks in Alabama.
troyguitar

Melon wrote:
Tarps for roof damage.
Window unit.

Does the south always run out to buy milk sandwiches too?
Irish

troyguitar wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:52 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
I felt a positive tremor in the Force...... a troymor if you will..... ;)
Last edited by Irish on Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irish

troyguitar wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:40 pm
Melon wrote:
Tarps for roof damage.
Window unit.

:Yesth: Everything that people do up here when snow is coming ........plus expect gas lines, and shortages of emergency stuff like flashlights, batteries, bottled water. You'll want a hot plate and an electric fan or two depending on how big a generator you get....

Most hurricanes that hit SoFla while we were there were only inconveniences but a few were a bigger deal......especially WiIma, that bitch has us without power for a week...
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:40 pm
Melon wrote:
Tarps for roof damage.
Window unit.

Yeah, it's universal.

To add to the other items, beer, lots of beer.
Gas cans was a great suggestion, I have two five-gallon racing cans I use.
Irish

The 2005 Atlantic hurricane season had the most major hurricanes on record .... three guesses as to what year we moved there?

Here's wishing you :[user not found]: :alpo: luck Troy ..

Just keep chanting......a bad season in tropical Florida is still better than a good one in upstate fucking NY.....