OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Back in NY for the weekend. Glad to return that bang bus. It road and handled well, but the driving position was terrible and exhausting. Gotta change the 710 on the BEATR this weekend and drive back down Monday. I have a job interview Tuesday morning.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:09 pm I did get to take a nap from like 330 to 5 this afternoon, feeling slightly less dead now and motivated to finish up everything here. Loading the truck starts at 8 then hopefully we'll be on the road by 5 or so.
I'm still :mindblown: that this is really happening for you.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:46 pm Back in NY for the weekend. Glad to return that bang bus. It road and handled well, but the driving position was terrible and exhausting. Gotta change the 710 on the BEATR this weekend and drive back down Monday. I have a job interview Tuesday morning.
You went back to help :mahtroy: load the truck? :notbad:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

wap wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:32 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:09 pm I did get to take a nap from like 330 to 5 this afternoon, feeling slightly less dead now and motivated to finish up everything here. Loading the truck starts at 8 then hopefully we'll be on the road by 5 or so.
I'm still :mindblown: that this is really happening for you.
:dat:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:46 pm Back in NY for the weekend. Glad to return that bang bus. It road and handled well, but the driving position was terrible and exhausting. Gotta change the 710 on the BEATR this weekend and drive back down Monday. I have a job interview Tuesday morning.
:nice: Good luck on the interview dude!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Homeowners, a fire broke out in a house near me today. It turns out that the 20 y/o bathroom fan is the source. If your is dusty consider cleaning it, and if it is old then yank the bitch.

Edit: I think that I'm going to run my fans on a timer. Good for the environment/my electricity bill is the added bonus!
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Tarspin wrote:Homeowners, a fire broke out in a house near me today. It turns out that the 20 y/o bathroom fan is the source. If your is dusty consider cleaning it, and if it is old then yank the bitch.

Edit: I think that I'm going to run my fans on a timer. Good for the environment/my electricity bill is the added bonus!
clean it yearly? We go bracket off and Q tips on it.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Apex wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:24 pm :mindblown:
Offer cinco was accepted!

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/248- ... e=txtshare
APEX bar:

Rumbler Strip:
Vodka, with layered Grenadine

Brake Fade:
Whiskey neat

Heel Toe:
Gin martini
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

Tarspin wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:54 pm Homeowners, a fire broke out in a house near me today. It turns out that the 20 y/o bathroom fan is the source. If your is dusty consider cleaning it, and if it is old then yank the bitch.

Ohhh good reminder. My hall bathroom fan is disturbingly loud anyway, should probably just replace since my place is coming up on 25 years old.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

rockchops wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:25 pm
Tarspin wrote:Homeowners, a fire broke out in a house near me today. It turns out that the 20 y/o bathroom fan is the source. If your is dusty consider cleaning it, and if it is old then yank the bitch.

clean it yearly? We go bracket off and Q tips on it.
I checked mine and they are all new and fairly clean, but my house came with two renovated bathrooms, and I replaced a fan in the unrenovated room a month after I got here because it was loud AF and old. That one got a timer switch that I use to :scrooge: with 10 min intervals. Multiple benefits.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Melon wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:44 pm

APEX bar:

Rumbler Strip:
Vodka, with layered Grenadine

Brake Fade:
Whiskey neat

Heel Toe:
Gin martini
:notbad: :like:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:40 pm

Sweet spot dude. Time to get a choad bike, some great road riding up there.
Hills abound! Choady will be in my future, but possibly next year after the :troywax: this year. :lol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Apex wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:53 am
[user not found] wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:40 pm

Sweet spot dude. Time to get a choad bike, some great road riding up there.
Hills abound! Choady will be in my future, but possibly next year after the :troywax: this year. :lol:
:megusta:

Dat choadie life is fantastic.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Interesting thing happened this morning. Kind of :sad: but :ohwell:

I was driving across town to see my grandmother and babysit my almost 3 year old cousin since they both live walking distance from each other. On the way, there is a fast :waxer: tunnel that goes under the Bosphorus to avoid the heavy traffic on the bridges since it's free on one way (and the direction I was heading). On the tunnel I saw a :narc: on a bike that looks like he's about to pull someone over (that tunnel has speed cameras and I always make sure to keep it under the limit). The :narc: bike passed me well over 80 mph with his lights. A couple miles later, traffic came to a halt (which means there is an accident most likely), I saw multiple cars pulled over with the hazards and 3 more :narc: with an ambulance that just arrived, turns out there was a guy on the ground lying cold and lot of flood came out of his head. I opened my window and I overheard there was a hit and run, and the guy was crossing the road where he shouldn't have cause it's partially a highway.

Last time I saw a dead body on the floor was 6 years ago from a roadtrip in Turkey, although they're covered by some cloth or blankets and the Kia Sportage where they died pancaked where it can easily fits the truck-bed on a brim. It was just bad just witnessing it.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:54 pm Interesting thing happened this morning. Kind of :sad: but :ohwell:

I was driving across town to see my grandmother and babysit my almost 3 year old cousin since they both live walking distance from each other. On the way, there is a fast :waxer: tunnel that goes under the Bosphorus to avoid the heavy traffic on the bridges since it's free on one way (and the direction I was heading). On the tunnel I saw a :narc: on a bike that looks like he's about to pull someone over (that tunnel has speed cameras and I always make sure to keep it under the limit). The :narc: bike passed me well over 80 mph with his lights. A couple miles later, traffic came to a halt (which means there is an accident most likely), I saw multiple cars pulled over with the hazards and 3 more :narc: with an ambulance that just arrived, turns out there was on the ground a guy lying cold and lot of flood came out of his head. I opened my window and I overheard there was a hit and run, and the guy was crossing the road where he shouldn't have cause it's partially a highway.

Last time I saw a dead body on the floor was 6 years ago from a roadtrip in Turkey, although they're covered by some cloth or blankets and the Kia Sportage where they died pancaked where it can easily fits the truck-bed on a brim. It was just bad just witnessing it.
First and only recent death I witnessed was similar, a few months ago, at an intersection about a mile down from our place in MX. Guy had been hit by a car, lying there on the ground, blood rusing out of his head, deader than hell. Cop had just arrived. Pedestrian deaths are COMMON in the desert in the U.S., a mix of high traffic speeds, poor lighting, and retirees and homeless who just ain't moving fast enough.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:58 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:54 pm Interesting thing happened this morning. Kind of :sad: but :ohwell:

I was driving across town to see my grandmother and babysit my almost 3 year old cousin since they both live walking distance from each other. On the way, there is a fast :waxer: tunnel that goes under the Bosphorus to avoid the heavy traffic on the bridges since it's free on one way (and the direction I was heading). On the tunnel I saw a :narc: on a bike that looks like he's about to pull someone over (that tunnel has speed cameras and I always make sure to keep it under the limit). The :narc: bike passed me well over 80 mph with his lights. A couple miles later, traffic came to a halt (which means there is an accident most likely), I saw multiple cars pulled over with the hazards and 3 more :narc: with an ambulance that just arrived, turns out there was on the ground a guy lying cold and lot of flood came out of his head. I opened my window and I overheard there was a hit and run, and the guy was crossing the road where he shouldn't have cause it's partially a highway.

First and only recent death I witnessed was similar, a few months ago, at an intersection about a mile down from our place in MX. Guy had been hit by a car, lying there on the ground, blood rushing out of his head, deader than hell. Cop had just arrived. Pedestrian deaths are COMMON in the desert in the U.S., a mix of high traffic speeds, poor lighting, and retirees and homeless who just ain't moving fast enough.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:58 pm

First and only recent death I witnessed was similar, a few months ago, at an intersection about a mile down from our place in MX. Guy had been hit by a car, lying there on the ground, blood rusing out of his head, deader than hell. Cop had just arrived. Pedestrian deaths are COMMON in the desert in the U.S., a mix of high traffic speeds, poor lighting, and retirees and homeless who just ain't moving fast enough.
That is :mindblown: ingly brutal for sure! Also that stretch where it happened has no cameras, so it's definitely inevitable if someone was trying to get across, especially when there's no sidewalk nor a crosswalk. The thing here is we barely have enough cops that just stay on the side of the road incase if they're breaking the speed limit and the like, but we have lots and lots of cameras where you get your ticket in the mail. But for areas that don't, some people speed (some that goes that typically considered as reckless) and some are just simply obeying it simply for common sense.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

I just crossed the state line leaving New York for the final time. :fuckyeah: :carlton:
wap

troyguitar wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:26 pm I just crossed the state line leaving New York for the final time. :fuckyeah: :carlton:
:mindblown:
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Years back, while wife unit and I were dating, I was driving on a local divided Highway in Jersey (RT 17) to meet her for dinner. As I came up over a rise I saw that there was a car facing me on my side of the road. I slowed down and realized the car had spun out and 3 dudes were standing in front of the car with one guy, doubled over puking. I pulled over and asked if they were okay and they just forlornly pointed back down the way I had come.

There was what appeared to b a pile of clothes lying on the shoulder abut 50 yards back. When I realized what it really was I screamed, "Did any one see if HE WAS ALIVE? OR CALL AN AMBULANCE??? "No we were afraid to look but the cops are on the way."

"FUUUUCK!"

I ran over and this poor dude was on his stomach, convulsing, with a tiremark on his pulled up jacket. I covered him with my own jacket and tried to loosen clothes and his shoes (Basic treatment for shock that I had learned in the service). With that, the police showed up and the first thing the officer did was to ROLL this poor bastard over...hard. I was like "Whoa whoa whoa WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING??!? He likely has a broken back no?!? He says cockily, "Sir, I have to establish ID and you need to leave the scene."

Shooken, sadly knowing I really couldn't do any more, I did as instructed.

Hours later I called in to the police station to see how the guy was doing and to see if maybe I could get my coat back. The answers to both questions were negative.

I will always wonder whether that ill timed rollover was the culprit in this dude's demise.
Last edited by Irish on Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

I was talking to the LT of my university police department when visiting south Florida. They had a really bad t-bone accident, motorcycle involved.

Story is that 2 motorcycles were hauling butt down a pretty open road, but an older dude in a Corolla turned left across the lanes to a side street, and one of the motorcyclists avoided it but another hit him head on. LT took me with him to the scene as I still had my old intern badge/ID with me.

DOA basically. County police was on scene as it was jurisdiction, but then we pulled up, another local city’s PD responded and ultimately FHP(troopers) who did the investigation.

Victim’s buddies came running from the dorms saying he was just with them joking and shit. Bad news when the amber lamps leaves without him.

Pic of the Corolla attached. Motorcycle had to be doing over 100. Red motorcycle in the background by all the people. Body was next to the motorcycle but covered up.

:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:55 pm I was talking to the LT of my university police department when visiting south Florida. They had a really bad t-bone accident, motorcycle involved.

Story is that 2 motorcycles were hauling butt down a pretty open road, but an older dude in a Corolla turned left across the lanes to a side street, and one of the motorcyclists avoided it but another hit him head on. LT took me with him to the scene as I still had my old intern badge/ID with me.

DOA basically. County police was on scene as it was jurisdiction, but then we pulled up, another local city’s PD responded and ultimately FHP(troopers) who did the investigation.

Victim’s buddies came running from the dorms saying he was just with them joking and shit. Bad news when the amber lamps leaves without him.

Pic of the Corolla attached. Motorcycle had to be doing over 100. Red motorcycle in the background by all the people. Body was next to the motorcycle but covered up.

Holy crumble batman!! and Just from a 400 ib bike going at an excessive speed.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:44 pm Years back, while wife unit and I were dating, I was driving on a local divided Highway in Jersey (RT 17) to meet her for dinner. As I came up over a rise I saw that there was a car facing me on my side of the road. I slowed down and realized the car had spun out and 3 dudes were standing in front of the car with one guy, doubled over puking. I pulled over and asked if they were okay and they just forlornly pointed back down the way I had come.

There was what appeared to b a pile of clothes lying on the shoulder abut 50 yards back. When I realized what it really was I screamed did any one see if HE WAS ALIVE? OR CALL AN AMBULANCE??? "No we were afraid to look but the cops are on the way." I just said, "FUUUUCK!"

I ran over and this poor dude was on his stomach, convulsing, with a tiremark on his pulled up jacket. I covered him with my own jacket and tried to loosen clothes and his shoes (Basic treatment for shock that I had learned in the service). With that, the police showed up and the first thing the officer did was to ROLL this poor bastard over...hard. I was like "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING??!? He likely has a broken back no?!? He says cockily, "Sir, I have to establish ID and you need to leave the scene."

Shooken, sadly knowing I really couldn't do any more, I did as instructed.

Hours later I called in to the police station to see how the guy was doing and to see if maybe I could get my coat back. The answers to both questions were negative.

I will always wonder whether that ill timed rollover was the culprit in this dude's demise.
That was horrible news, good thing you did whatever you could to help him out, sad the officers didn't know much better about the body situation.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:26 pm I just crossed the state line leaving New York for the final time. :fuckyeah: :carlton:
Good riddance!!
wap

Dang. Some real feel-good stories being shared in here this afternoon.