Dem bicicletas dos, doe.

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Took things pretty easy this morning, I decided it’d be fun to do banded barbell squats yesterday and my legs are still a bit cranky. :pussy: Still felt good to work up a sweat, doe.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:57 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:11 am Had a funny moment on my ride yesterday... was stopped at a light in the right lane and next to me pulls up an E30. The thing is pretty beat but had some RPF1 or similar wheels on it and looked like it was a rallyX machine. Younger guy driving it with a hot chick shotgun. So I was admiring the car and the guy saw me and laughed, then jokingly pointed at me, pointed ahead, and we both started cracking up.

The light turned green and the drag race was on. Funny thing is a took him down by a long shot through first gear, once he shifted to second he pulled away. It turns out a beat 35 year old 318i is pretty dang slow :lolol:
:lolol:

I can generally accelerate quickly from a stoplight, surprises most people.
It is :mindblown: the difference on my new bike versus the old steely, probably the craziest performance gainz are in acceleration.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:09 am
[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:57 am

:lolol:

I can generally accelerate quickly from a stoplight, surprises most people.
It is :mindblown: the difference on my new bike versus the old steely, probably the craziest performance gainz are in acceleration.
I am always :amaze: when I see a fit cyclist accelerating on a modern bike. With each pedal stroke the thing just scoots forward an enormous amount. Pretty cool.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:56 am
coogles wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:04 am Took things pretty easy this morning, I decided it’d be fun to do banded barbell squats yesterday and my legs are still a bit cranky. :pussy: Still felt good to work up a sweat, doe.
Nice resistance progression!
Thanks! Easier to do when I start so light, but probably a good example of how I'm actually supposed to progress as the ride moves forward.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

[user not found] wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:56 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:45 pm

Bled the brakes last night. 2 of the 4 pistons were not moving and another was lazy. Surprised how badly they held up after one year. Sram definitely require more love. Fluid was clean though.
You could really blow some :waxer: and get some Maguras for that jawn. No need to worry about mixing Shimano and SRAM then.
BIL has those on his chinese carbon hard tail he built(had someone build). They are nice. But I'm done upgrading this bike :plac:
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Anyone have one of them air tank jawns to seat tubeless tires? Thoughts? Im trying to replace the front tire on the steelie and it’s just not happening with a floor pump. Damn Maxxis tire.

And I’m out of CO2 cylinders 🙄
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:37 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:53 pm Anyone have one of them air tank jawns to seat tubeless tires? Thoughts? Im trying to replace the front tire on the steelie and it’s just not happening with a floor pump. Damn Maxxis tire.

And I’m out of CO2 cylinders 🙄
I have a 3 gallon tank w/compressor I use for seating tires. I'll pull the valve core and blast air in to get it seated, then screw the core in and shake the sealant about.
:nice:

I am getting close to needing new :225: on the Orbea. I think I will try out t00bless for the first time here, then consider adding it on the Sprite Can. It sounds like it should be pretty straight forward but I may need to buy a new air compressor. I could use one anyway, a three gallon would work nicely for my needs without being too large for my smol space.
Johnny_P

Might get a air tank pump thing. I have no space for a compressor.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Phew.

coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:14 pm I’m actually going to be jumping into the live 45 minute class with Alex and Tunde at 1:30 if anyone wants to play bikes.
Next time mang, would be fun. :like:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:35 pm Not an easy class, legs still a little heavy from Wednesday’s ride because I was lazy and didn’t do any kind of active recovery.

But good energy.
:plaid:
Johnny_P

Borrowed a friend’s air can. Took 3 tries but eventually got that tire seated. Don’t think I’m going to keep these Maxxis Ramblers long, tread pattern looks weak. But will see, they should theoretically roll a bit faster.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:56 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:40 pm Borrowed a friend’s air can. Took 3 tries but eventually got that tire seated. Don’t think I’m going to keep these Maxxis Ramblers long, tread pattern looks weak. But will see, they should theoretically roll a bit faster.
I run the Ramblers in 38C on the Sacklist and love them. Roll great on pavement and gravel, and hold their own on the trail. I've run them for UnPAved twice now.

My metric on Wednesday was with the Ramblers mounted up, zero dirt, all pavement, some slush, lots of water. Rode great.
Yeah. I do a lot of MtB trails. The nanos were always good for that. TBD how these deal with those conditions.

Like I wouldn’t hesitate to bring my CX bike to Nox with the nanos on.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:21 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:38 pm

Yeah. I do a lot of MtB trails. The nanos were always good for that. TBD how these deal with those conditions.

What size did you go with?

Also, I've done my fair share of rough stuff with these - UnPAVed has some chunky trails thrown into the longest route that are notorious for ruining people's days.
40. They seem like a narrow 40 though. Oh well. Used, only $40 for the pair. Figured it was a cheap way to try them out. Some of my friends switched to Vittoria Terreno Dry tires for their CX bikes. They were running WTB Resolutes almost entirely, but found those tires to be overkill for street duty.

We'll see. Right now all my riding is indoor spin bike stuff.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:38 pm
[user not found] wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:56 pm

I run the Ramblers in 38C on the Sacklist and love them. Roll great on pavement and gravel, and hold their own on the trail. I've run them for UnPAved twice now.

My metric on Wednesday was with the Ramblers mounted up, zero dirt, all pavement, some slush, lots of water. Rode great.

I'd be very curious to try your MTB trails. I know people on YouTube do a lot of MTB on gravel bikes, I just can't imagine doing this with our trails around here. I've never seen someone on a drop bar bike at any MTB park, I feel like it would be really tough.

Props to you for doing it all of the time, :impressive: I would love to ride to more MTB trails rather than drive, but most of the stuff I like is at least 10-15 miles from my house, I can't imagine riding 25 miles on my Orbea and also hitting a bunch of trails. Gravel bike would be :neat: for that but :notsure: how well it would work or wouldn't work.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Had a really fun ride with two friends Saturday on our steel bikes. We rode around the city and stopped in a few breweries with patios for some brews.

I am trying to switch up my rides a bit... do more fun stuff and not just long solo grinds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

My legs are feeling surprisingly a bit jello-y from this morning's ride. Not my best effort speed wise, but I threw in a bunch of intervals and pushed it on some climbs. All in ll 'twas a good time. What is new in the world of bikes for everyone else?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:01 pm Jumping on the Peloton in a bit - I need to get the legs moving this week.

Registered for 3 gravel events last night, too.

#1: Monkey Knife Fight in April. Local hilly gravel ride/fondo for cancer charity.
#2: Jersey Gravel Grinder in May. Hits all the gravel sections up by my grandmother's house in NJ.
#3: Keystone Gravel in September. This is one where I have not ridden any of the roads/route, but it comes highly recommended amongst my riding circle.

#4 will likely be UnPAved in October, waiting for registration to open for that.
I should find some races to participate in. Sounds like you've got some fun planned for this year!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:19 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:14 pm

I should find some races to participate in. Sounds like you've got some fun planned for this year!
You should. Do some fondos, maybe do some road races - do a MTB race, even?

Don't do crits unless you're ready to throw your bike away, though.
There are a lot of MTB races around here... I am a pretty bad mountain biker though, :iono: I did a couple of "Dry Tris" (kayak + run + MTB) a few years ago, that was fun. Maybe I'll do that again. Some type of road thing would be fun. A friend of mine did a sort of relay this past Sunday. They started downtown, had to hit a checkpoint at UNCC about 15-20 miles in one direction, then in another town about 20 miles from there. No predefined route, so it is like a navigation and speed challenge. Pretty :neat: , I'm hoping to see more events such as that.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

:impressive:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Nice, [user not found]! ImageImage

I was really pleased with yesterday’s effort. I think this was my fastest ride yet and overall a decent distance as well. I looked back on Strava and previous efforts on the same route (there were four) were all in the 17-18 mph range. Not sure if it was the Covid vaccine being laced with steroids, the great weather, traffic light luck, or just that I’m getting better.

New to me rack also seems to be solid:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Nice work, fellas. Hoping to squeeze in a Peloton effort later today.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:53 pm
coogles wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:14 am Nice work, fellas. Hoping to squeeze in a Peloton effort later today.
Still following the 6 week plan?
Sure am, I have one day left of week 5. Just a 20 minute recovery ride today. zzzzzz
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
coogles wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:56 pm Sure am, I have one day left of week 5. Just a 20 minute recovery ride today. zzzzzz
Add in some bodyweight training, yoga, or core exercises if you can - also through Peloton so you can track it. Active recovery > *
Honestly I’m not planning on doing much with their strength programs, I have my own toys to play with there. But I do plan to do some yoga and Pilates classes, although some of that overlaps with the hockey goaltending-specific training that I do.