OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:47 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:45 pm
I'm a huge :pussy: when working on cars and things in anything under 50 degrees. My fingers get cold fast, and can't really wear gloves because dexterity is important when dealing with small items. I miss my dad's heated garage.

I've also noticed that since losing weight, my extremities get super cold super fast. I'm frequently cold, which I fix by jumping in the hot tub. Just been a strange adjustment that I'm not used to from my :fatty: days. Dropping down for 20 pushups and crunches helps get the blood flowing :doe:
THis is probably a thing for me as well... I am pretty tiny now, like 6'1" 172 pounds. And I'm always cold like a little beotch :lolol:
I used to not wear a coat...period. This year, I started wearing thin coats when it dipped into the 40's, and now I put my full winter coat on just to go grab something from the garage. I'm almost always cold, and that's a really new thing for me. I'm probably down 60lbs in 2 years now, ~40ish of that in the last year alone, I never really thought about this result. Last time I was this weight, I lived in CA.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

razr390 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:49 pm
wap wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:32 pm

Also, :wat: 's with this rolling blackout :bs: TX is putting you through? They have enough power to run your AC's in 110F summer months but not enough when it's 20F? :wtf:
That’s actually the interesting part here. When it was really hot in summer and they would notify us we needed to conserve energy, etc. but that was just the lowest level. AFAIK this snow winter storm shit brought it to its highest levels. The grid doesn’t have the capacity to handle everyone at home running heaters and other stuff all at once. It’s tremendous. I know people that haven’t had power since midnight. We have been okay so far thankfully. I think it’s due to our proximity to the hospitals.
Do most people have electric heat down there?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

wap wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:52 pm
That’s actually the interesting part here. When it was really hot in summer and they would notify us we needed to conserve energy, etc. but that was just the lowest level. AFAIK this snow winter storm shit brought it to its highest levels. The grid doesn’t have the capacity to handle everyone at home running heaters and other stuff all at once. It’s tremendous. I know people that haven’t had power since midnight. We have been okay so far thankfully. I think it’s due to our proximity to the hospitals.
Yes
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:51 pm
That is nuts man. I think you're better off in the apartment as well. At least all of the units keep each other warm, apartments are extremely efficient from an energy/environmental impact. Most Texans live in massive homes and they probably aren't designed to heat all that efficiently because :whocares: in most cases I guess?
Probably minimal insulation and heating systems that work off electric more than gas...do houses in Texas even regularly have gas run to the house? I bet there's an immense strain on the power grid right now. AC is surprisingly efficient these days, but heating isn't. A/C usually drops temps 40ish degrees from outside at the worst, but a heater right now is being asked to heat up 50-60 degrees in some cases. If the main heat source is a heat pump, it's probably running non stop and barely keeping up.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:54 pm

Yes
There it is.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:49 pm
Tarspin wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:39 pm

It sounds worse then it feels, sucks but it all ended up just being surface tears. I'm over it, and the kid realized that his actions have real consequences that sometimes impact others. That's part of parenthood i guess. :ohwell:

Happy President's Day ( :whocares: ).. Whichever Pres approved that one was the definition of narcissistic! Kind of funny actually.

My wife has somehow agreed to a spending budget, I didn't want to make it too ridiculously smol, so we decided on 500/month and that includes buying shit for others. We can absorb that, and I know in my head that 500 isn't terribad, plus she is motivated to stick to the cap. It has dropped the stress factor down signifiCUNTly. On another similar rant, my wife is in her pissy "glutial/PMS" phase or whatever, so I'm laying low today. Got the kids outside, cleaned all the toilets in the house (four of them), with my little guy's help, and played soccer in the basement with the older one for almost an hour. We just take trick shots on each other and used a sliding scoreboard beside the pool table to 'keep score'. I'm not engaging in shit with the wifey, and will dip out every chance I get to avoid any stress. I kind of throw in some praises and feed her often, and that seems to keep up the moods LOL! Kids are back in school, so once she has her own space she'll be in a chill; so it is only really today that I'm maneuvering her moodiness.

I think that women in general make themselves feel good by purchasing shit, or making improvements (which cost money). I feel your resentment towards the situation, it has been a challenge in our relationship since day one.
We actually did the $500 each as well :dock: so far it is pretty good. We also have a shared budget and that is where I get a bit :triggered: We :troywax: on a lot of stuff for "us" that is really for her (like :fancy: take out, :bs: for the :haus: , etc.).

:ohwell:

At least she has a job that pays a reasonable amount I guess.
:bruh: I'm convinced my wife spent as much as she makes until this new agreement. Now I'm legit seeing proper credit card bills within the realm of our incomes. I have been on a serious spending restriction, but don't bother counting takeout and shit. Food is expensive even at the grocery store and we generally cook four out of five meals. I think $500 is fair, and I'm probably closer too $100/month on myself. By March I'll probably buy a used $200 chess set, besides that I covet nothing. I also don't count most car shit, or supplies in "fun" money. That's essential IMO.
wap

razr390 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:54 pm

Yes
Ah. Makes a bit more sense then. I assume 'leccy heat uses more 'lectrons than 'leccy AC...
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:48 am
SAWCE wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:30 am

:fuckyeah: i should be getting ~2.5k back. Just need one more form to come in then I’m ready to file.
:nice:

Any plan for the funds? We may use ours for a few house upgrades and/or my car fund if I decide to :plac:

I told :tits: since we're refinancing, we are committing to staying at least three more years at this :haus: , may upgrade from fomica counters, add a garbage disposal, and possibly look into adding gas. We would love a gas stove and perhaps fireplace.
No serious plans. Kicked the idea around about using half to buy the lift I want for the :jeep: but rather just throw it in savings for now. Considering proposing to Michelle this year, so at some point the money will likely be used for the ring.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:05 pm
D Griff wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:48 am

:nice:

Any plan for the funds? We may use ours for a few house upgrades and/or my car fund if I decide to :plac:

I told :tits: since we're refinancing, we are committing to staying at least three more years at this :haus: , may upgrade from fomica counters, add a garbage disposal, and possibly look into adding gas. We would love a gas stove and perhaps fireplace.
No serious plans. Kicked the idea around about using half to buy the lift I want for the :jeep: but rather just throw it in savings for now. Considering proposing to Michelle this year, so at some point the money will likely be used for the ring.
:ohdang:
So you're comfortable with where your relationshit is these days, compared to in the past?

You seem to be doing good. I mean, you haven't posted any conflict :bs: in a long while...
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:55 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:51 pm

That is nuts man. I think you're better off in the apartment as well. At least all of the units keep each other warm, apartments are extremely efficient from an energy/environmental impact. Most Texans live in massive homes and they probably aren't designed to heat all that efficiently because :whocares: in most cases I guess?
Probably minimal insulation and heating systems that work off electric more than gas...do houses in Texas even regularly have gas run to the house? I bet there's an immense strain on the power grid right now. AC is surprisingly efficient these days, but heating isn't. A/C usually drops temps 40ish degrees from outside at the worst, but a heater right now is being asked to heat up 50-60 degrees in some cases. If the main heat source is a heat pump, it's probably running non stop and barely keeping up.
:dat:

We have only electric here (it's fairly common since it's not typically too cold in Charlotte). It is far more expensive to heat ($100/month in winter) versus cool (summer power bill is like $60/month). It's cheap enough that I'm :aintcare: , but 66% more is a lot if you have a large, Texas sized home. I bet houses in Trudy's area are 3-4X the sq. ft. of my place.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:51 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:47 pm

THis is probably a thing for me as well... I am pretty tiny now, like 6'1" 172 pounds. And I'm always cold like a little beotch :lolol:
I used to not wear a coat...period. This year, I started wearing thin coats when it dipped into the 40's, and now I put my full winter coat on just to go grab something from the garage. I'm almost always cold, and that's a really new thing for me. I'm probably down 60lbs in 2 years now, ~40ish of that in the last year alone, I never really thought about this result. Last time I was this weight, I lived in CA.
Dat missing blubber coat.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:08 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:05 pm

So you're comfortable with where your relationshit is these days, compared to in the past?

You seem to be doing good. I mean, you haven't posted any conflict :bs: in a long while...
Yeah.. I mean we still have some issues, but every relationship will, and we’ve gotten much better at keeping the arguments in scope and moving on/apologizing quicker.

I actually had this conversation this morning with a friend. I’m at the point now where I know that every relationship will require sacrificing some things that you’d ideally want in a partner; nobody is perfect. So do I “settle” for the sacrifices in Michelle, or do I move on and find someone else and “settle” with different sacrifices. Will someone else require fewer sacrifices? Possibly, but there’s an equal chance that’ll I’d only meet people who require more sacrifices.

That may be a shitty way of looking at it lol, but I’m logic > emotion through and through.

Michelle is a great gal, and I love her. While we don’t see eye to eye on everything, I know she’d be a great mother to future children and raise them to be much more empathetic and caring humans than I ever could. She generally supports my hobbies and interests even though bodybuilding is very selfish and we spend a lot of time apart because of it. I enjoy spending time with her even when we’re doing nothing and most of the time we get along great.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Man I only put one pair of sweat pants on when I got home instead of the usual two and what a mistake. I'm fucking freezing.

Too lazy to go up and get the second pair :doe:

:rage:
wap

SAWCE wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:24 pm

Yeah.. I mean we still have some issues, but every relationship will, and we’ve gotten much better at keeping the arguments in scope and moving on/apologizing quicker.

I actually had this conversation this morning with a friend. I’m at the point now where I know that every relationship will require sacrificing some things that you’d ideally want in a partner; nobody is perfect. So do I “settle” for the sacrifices in Michelle, or do I move on and find someone else and “settle” with different sacrifices. Will someone else require fewer sacrifices? Possibly, but there’s an equal chance that’ll I’d only meet people who require more sacrifices.

That may be a shitty way of looking at it lol, but I’m logic > emotion through and through.

Michelle is a great gal, and I love her. While we don’t see eye to eye on everything, I know she’d be a great mother to future children and raise them to be much more empathetic and caring humans than I ever could. She generally supports my hobbies and interests even though bodybuilding is very selfish and we spend a lot of time apart because of it. I enjoy spending time with her even when we’re doing nothing and most of the time we get along great.
:word:
That's great man. Best of luck to you both! :like: :like:
wap

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:41 pm Man I only put one pair of sweat pants on when I got home instead of the usual two and what a mistake. I'm fucking freezing.

This made me :lolol:
Rather freeze and be uncomfortable than go up a flight of stairs. :pout: :lol:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

wap wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:52 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:41 pm Man I only put one pair of sweat pants on when I got home instead of the usual two and what a mistake. I'm fucking freezing.

Don't :wap: me
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:58 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:49 pm

We actually did the $500 each as well :dock: so far it is pretty good. We also have a shared budget and that is where I get a bit :triggered: We :troywax: on a lot of stuff for "us" that is really for her (like :fancy: take out, :bs: for the :haus: , etc.).

At least she has a job that pays a reasonable amount I guess.
:bruh: I'm convinced my wife spent as much as she makes until this new agreement. Now I'm legit seeing proper credit card bills within the realm of our incomes. I have been on a serious spending restriction, but don't bother counting takeout and shit. Food is expensive even at the grocery store and we generally cook four out of five meals. I think $500 is fair, and I'm probably closer too $100/month on myself. By March I'll probably buy a used $200 chess set, besides that I covet nothing. I also don't count most car shit, or supplies in "fun" money. That's essential IMO.
Yeah so far I am similar, I still have like $840/1000 from January/February - I have bought Taco Bell a few times and maybe a few random small items for cycling. I got my coat fixed because my :drunk: ass got the sleeves in our fire pit. She spends every penny plus a bunch of mutual money on food/house :bs:

It is just interesting... when we first got together she was pretty frugal, she came from very humble beginnings. Now we live in the city (which I always did) and she works at a private school with a bunch of women who all grew up with a private school/country club lifestyle and it's very different.

I actually want a bike rack but am just too fucking cheap to commit to $550 and just keep looking at CL to try to find one used.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:24 pm

:nice: Frankly I think the logic > emotion approach is a smart way to look at it. It is very normal to get caught up in the love feelings but eventually everyone will get to the point where the logical piece is key. Every relationship will face challenges and ups and downs.

It seems to me like you have both learned a lot and been happy for a long time. I'll admit when you first got back together I was :butwhy: but it's really lasted this time; I'm stoked to hear you're happy with it.
razr390

:hai:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

Office closed tomorrow. Yaaaaaay.

WFH (aka not much except check emails. Let’s see if we get affected by power outages tonight... we didn’t lose power at all yet even on a “rotating outage” basis. Proximity to highways and hospitals probably plays a part in that.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:14 pm
Tarspin wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:58 pm

Yeah so far I am similar, I still have like $840/1000 from January/February - I have bought Taco Bell a few times and maybe a few random small items for cycling. I got my coat fixed because my :drunk: ass got the sleeves in our fire pit. She spends every penny plus a bunch of mutual money on food/house :bs:

It is just interesting... when we first got together she was pretty frugal, she came from very humble beginnings. Now we live in the city (which I always did) and she works at a private school with a bunch of women who all grew up with a private school/country club lifestyle and it's very different.

I actually want a bike rack but am just too fucking cheap to commit to $550 and just keep looking at CL to try to find one used.
I would revisit the mutual money shit, if you don't both agree on the purchase then it can't be the mutual fund.

:wasteful: :wasteful: :wasteful:
:wasteful: :tits: :wasteful:
:wasteful: :wasteful: :wasteful:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

One other thing, in our budget -lyfe, we aren't allowed carry over for spending. The remainder $ is gone at the end of each month. :ohwell:
SAWCE

Thanks guys!
wap

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:54 pm
wap wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:52 pm
Don't :wap: me
:mahman:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:13 pm One other thing, in our budget -lyfe, we aren't allowed carry over for spending. The remainder $ is gone at the end of each month. :ohwell:
It’s ok with the mutual stuff. She asks about it always at least. It’s just usually not worth fighting.

I requested the rollover setup because a. without it she would just go buy shit at the end of the month to hit $500 and b. most shit I would want is expensive (like a $2600 bike). I’d rather just have a large surplus to purchase such items as I desire.