OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

4" in Dallas is :mindlbown:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

wap wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:54 pm Snow White Blue Meanie.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
:impressive:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:41 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:30 pm

This is some crazy stuff man, I've never felt sub zero F temps :impressive:

I walk in what is cold to me a lot lately... it's :thisisfine: by me, just have to bundle up nicely. It is tougher in the wet and to engage in activities when you need more mobility with your hands like wrenching cars :doe:

In4snow pics
Yea, being :moist: in bitter cold is :gag: . This morning it was 0*F when I went out to get the papers. I also swept snow off the front stairs (since they're wood I don't like using a shovel on them) and the front walk, just wearing a sweater. No jacket, no gloves, no boots (just deck shoes). I was out there for maybe 7-8 minutes. It was...brisk, and a good way to wake up!

I'll see if I can get a pic out of a window here.
That is pretty brutal... I get miserable without a hat and gloves in anything below 50 or so. Those plus some nice warm socks and shoes make the biggest difference from me being :thisisfine: and :nope: with the cold.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

We are still in lockdown, but y'all are going to convince me to get a better snow shovel before nightfall. We are expecting a foot and I have a temporary replacement for my broken good one. :yikes:

Canada invented "Family Day", a legit stat holiday. It lands on today and I'm playing with the kiddos, it's hard ass work mangs. I'll probably check back in tonight when they are asleep, and I'm enjoying a nice whiskey and/or puff-puff.

Also, my older kid is fk brilliant at times, but today wasn't one of those days. We were playing a game on the park playground that ended with him deciding to throw a chunk of ice about 5" in diameter which landed on the bridge of my nose from the top of the playground. Blood everywhere, poor kid started crying. Hopefully the two don't do that again when they're playing with other kids. Nothing two band-aids and a couple weeks of healing time won't fix.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:18 pm
Yea, being :moist: in bitter cold is :gag: . This morning it was 0*F when I went out to get the papers. I also swept snow off the front stairs (since they're wood I don't like using a shovel on them) and the front walk, just wearing a sweater. No jacket, no gloves, no boots (just deck shoes). I was out there for maybe 7-8 minutes. It was...brisk, and a good way to wake up!

That is pretty brutal... I get miserable without a hat and gloves in anything below 50 or so. Those plus some nice warm socks and shoes make the biggest difference from me being :thisisfine: and :nope: with the cold.
I usually don't wear gloves until it's below like 20 or so, and only if I'm doing something outside like shoveling or walking. I pretty much never drive with them. I didn't even bring them to work with me today. Guess I'll have to brush off my car bare handed again tonight. :ohwell:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tough part is hat, gloves, and heavy coats result in sweating fast when clearing snow. So being sweaty in 0 degree weather SUCKS. I tend to clear snow with just a thin nit beanie and thin gloves so I don't overheat. It's surprising how :notbad: 0 is when you're active and not sweating.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

wap wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:45 pm
razr390 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:38 pm We got 3-5” inches in SATX. Depending on how the wind blew.

:impressive: to see snow here.
We have a facility in Dallas and they are :mindblown: at the 4" they got. They had to close their place for the next 2 days. :rolleyes:
We closed because we don’t have the infrastructure for the roads. Not enough snow yearly to justify a fleet of salt trucks and plow trucks etc. I miss virgins for this reason. They were organized af
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:21 pm We are still in lockdown, but y'all are going to convince me to get a better snow shovel before nightfall. We are expecting a foot and I have a temporary replacement for my broken good one. :yikes:

Canada invented "Family Day", a legit stat holiday. It lands on today and I'm playing with the kiddos, it's hard ass work mangs. I'll probably check back in tonight when they are asleep, and I'm enjoying a nice whiskey and/or puff-puff.

Also, my older kid is fk brilliant at times, but today wasn't one of those days. We were playing a game on the park playground that ended with him deciding to throw a chunk of ice about 5" in diameter which landed on the bridge of my nose from the top of the playground. Blood everywhere, poor kid started crying. Hopefully the two don't do that again when they're playing with other kids. Nothing two band-aids and a couple weeks of healing time won't fix.
Dude... ow. Hope it's a speedy recovery.

Today is President's Day stateside ( :whocares: ). Wife is off and it's annoying me as I'm stuck doing the work thang. I need to chill the fuck out and just be happy for her getting to relax. Sometimes I get :triggered: as her spending habits are far more :wasteful: than mine despite me making like 2X the income and having way less time off than her cush educator schedule.

:ohwell:
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:21 pm We are still in lockdown, but y'all are going to convince me to get a better snow shovel before nightfall. We are expecting a foot and I have a temporary replacement for my broken good one. :yikes:

I had a friend in school get injured in a similar way when someone threw an :impressive: icicle at him. Lucky it didn't take out his eye, we all had a major newfound respect for ice after that. Sometimes that's what it takes.

So do people get "family day" off or is it just extra pressure on people do to even more in addition to all the crap they already have to do?
wap

Man, parenthood sometimes...... :disgust:
Glad you're not too badly hurt. :lol:
wap

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:23 pm

Tough part is hat, gloves, and heavy coats result in sweating fast when clearing snow. So being sweaty in 0 degree weather SUCKS. I tend to clear snow with just a thin nit beanie and thin gloves so I don't overheat. It's surprising how :notbad: 0 is when you're active and not sweating.
TOTALLY! I just wear a headband thing to keep my ears warm. 5 out of 7 times if I put on my wool hat I have to take it off and unzip my coat because I get too hot. But I will wear mittens when I'm shoveling in bitter cold because very cold fingers hurt.
wap

razr390 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:24 pm

We have a facility in Dallas and they are :mindblown: at the 4" they got. They had to close their place for the next 2 days. :rolleyes:
We closed because we don’t have the infrastructure for the roads. Not enough snow yearly to justify a fleet of salt trucks and plow trucks etc. I miss virgins for this reason. They were organized af
Organized virgins? :impressive:
wap

Also, :wat: 's with this rolling blackout :bs: TX is putting you through? They have enough power to run your AC's in 110F summer months but not enough when it's 20F? :wtf:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:29 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:23 pm
TOTALLY! I just wear a headband thing to keep my ears warm. 5 out of 7 times if I put on my wool hat I have to take it off and unzip my coat because I get too hot. But I will wear mittens when I'm shoveling in bitter cold because very cold fingers hurt.
Yeah, I often lose the hat 10-15 minutes into doing anything physical (other than cycling, the wind chill is brutal even after spinning for hours). The head band is a smart idea for the in between when the hat keeps body temp too high but the ears still get cold.

I do need the gloves as well :doe: , my hands don't really sweat much and it just hurts to do anything. I was replacing the headlights on the :poorvette: in the carport yesterday, it was only high 30s but with just the latex gloves I had on to protect the bulbs, my hands hurt a lot. I am a :pussy: (trying to bring back some of that :mahtroy: magic).
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:25 pm

Today is President's Day stateside ( :whocares: ). Wife is off and it's annoying me as I'm stuck doing the work thang. I need to chill the fuck out and just be happy for her getting to relax. Sometimes I get :triggered: as her spending habits are far more :wasteful: than mine despite me making like 2X the income and having way less time off than her cush educator schedule.

It sounds worse then it feels, sucks but it all ended up just being surface tears. I'm over it, and the kid realized that his actions have real consequences that sometimes impact others. That's part of parenthood i guess. :ohwell:

Happy President's Day ( :whocares: ).. Whichever Pres approved that one was the definition of narcissistic! Kind of funny actually.

My wife has somehow agreed to a spending budget, I didn't want to make it too ridiculously smol, so we decided on 500/month and that includes buying shit for others. We can absorb that, and I know in my head that 500 isn't terribad, plus she is motivated to stick to the cap. It has dropped the stress factor down signifiCUNTly. On another similar rant, my wife is in her pissy "glutial/PMS" phase or whatever, so I'm laying low today. Got the kids outside, cleaned all the toilets in the house (four of them), with my little guy's help, and played soccer in the basement with the older one for almost an hour. We just take trick shots on each other and used a sliding scoreboard beside the pool table to 'keep score'. I'm not engaging in shit with the wifey, and will dip out every chance I get to avoid any stress. I kind of throw in some praises and feed her often, and that seems to keep up the moods LOL! Kids are back in school, so once she has her own space she'll be in a chill; so it is only really today that I'm maneuvering her moodiness.

I think that women in general make themselves feel good by purchasing shit, or making improvements (which cost money). I feel your resentment towards the situation, it has been a challenge in our relationship since day one.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:26 pm

I had a friend in school get injured in a similar way when someone threw an :impressive: icicle at him. Lucky it didn't take out his eye, we all had a major newfound respect for ice after that. Sometimes that's what it takes.

So do people get "family day" off or is it just extra pressure on people do to even more in addition to all the crap they already have to do?
Most things are closed I believe, going to look at some places that can curbside a shovel for me. It is a legit National holiday. I actually think mid-Feb is a good place to have one. It breaks up with winter. I really don't know why they thought of it :doe:

Ice is so damn hard, basically a soft packed rock. I think the shit that hit me was a combo of ice and snow so it split in half thankfully or I'd have a busted nose. I think kids need to learn through experiences, better me then some :snowflake: in his class. It isn't a bad injury TBH
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:33 pm
wap wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:29 pm

Yeah, I often lose the hat 10-15 minutes into doing anything physical (other than cycling, the wind chill is brutal even after spinning for hours). The head band is a smart idea for the in between when the hat keeps body temp too high but the ears still get cold.

I do need the gloves as well :doe: , my hands don't really sweat much and it just hurts to do anything. I was replacing the headlights on the :poorvette: in the carport yesterday, it was only high 30s but with just the latex gloves I had on to protect the bulbs, my hands hurt a lot. I am a :pussy: (trying to bring back some of that :mahtroy: magic).
I'm a huge :pussy: when working on cars and things in anything under 50 degrees. My fingers get cold fast, and can't really wear gloves because dexterity is important when dealing with small items. I miss my dad's heated garage.

I've also noticed that since losing weight, my extremities get super cold super fast. I'm frequently cold, which I fix by jumping in the hot tub. Just been a strange adjustment that I'm not used to from my :fatty: days. Dropping down for 20 pushups and crunches helps get the blood flowing :doe:
razr390

Virginia. Lol
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:30 pm
Nuns probably. People be loosing their virginity before organization skills really become front and center nowadays.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:45 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:33 pm

I'm a huge :pussy: when working on cars and things in anything under 50 degrees. My fingers get cold fast, and can't really wear gloves because dexterity is important when dealing with small items. I miss my dad's heated garage.

I've also noticed that since losing weight, my extremities get super cold super fast. I'm frequently cold, which I fix by jumping in the hot tub. Just been a strange adjustment that I'm not used to from my :fatty: days. Dropping down for 20 pushups and crunches helps get the blood flowing :doe:
THis is probably a thing for me as well... I am pretty tiny now, like 6'1" 172 pounds. And I'm always cold like a little beotch :lolol:
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:39 pm

It sounds worse then it feels, sucks but it all ended up just being surface tears. I'm over it, and the kid realized that his actions have real consequences that sometimes impact others. That's part of parenthood i guess. :ohwell:

Happy President's Day ( :whocares: ).. Whichever Pres approved that one was the definition of narcissistic! Kind of funny actually.

My wife has somehow agreed to a spending budget, I didn't want to make it too ridiculously smol, so we decided on 500/month and that includes buying shit for others. We can absorb that, and I know in my head that 500 isn't terribad, plus she is motivated to stick to the cap. It has dropped the stress factor down signifiCUNTly. On another similar rant, my wife is in her pissy "glutial/PMS" phase or whatever, so I'm laying low today. Got the kids outside, cleaned all the toilets in the house (four of them), with my little guy's help, and played soccer in the basement with the older one for almost an hour. We just take trick shots on each other and used a sliding scoreboard beside the pool table to 'keep score'. I'm not engaging in shit with the wifey, and will dip out every chance I get to avoid any stress. I kind of throw in some praises and feed her often, and that seems to keep up the moods LOL! Kids are back in school, so once she has her own space she'll be in a chill; so it is only really today that I'm maneuvering her moodiness.

I think that women in general make themselves feel good by purchasing shit, or making improvements (which cost money). I feel your resentment towards the situation, it has been a challenge in our relationship since day one.
:impressive:

Budgets are good, even better when you both agree.

Mine has been on a savings kick lately. She really doesn't want to go back to work, and when I told her that spending less means it's OK to make less, she's been full blast :scrooge: which is :impressive:
razr390

wap wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:32 pm
Also, :wat: 's with this rolling blackout :bs: TX is putting you through? They have enough power to run your AC's in 110F summer months but not enough when it's 20F? :wtf:
That’s actually the interesting part here. When it was really hot in summer and they would notify us we needed to conserve energy, etc. but that was just the lowest level. AFAIK this snow winter storm shit brought it to its highest levels. The grid doesn’t have the capacity to handle everyone at home running heaters and other stuff all at once. It’s tremendous. I know people that haven’t had power since midnight. We have been okay so far thankfully. I think it’s due to our proximity to the hospitals.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:39 pm

We actually did the $500 each as well :dock: so far it is pretty good. We also have a shared budget and that is where I get a bit :triggered: We :troywax: on a lot of stuff for "us" that is really for her (like :fancy: take out, :bs: for the :haus: , etc.).

At least she has a job that pays a reasonable amount I guess.
wap

Tarspin wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:46 pm
wap wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:30 pm

Nuns probably. People be loosing their virginity before organization skills really become front and center nowadays.
:lolol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:49 pm
wap wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:32 pm

That’s actually the interesting part here. When it was really hot in summer and they would notify us we needed to conserve energy, etc. but that was just the lowest level. AFAIK this snow winter storm shit brought it to its highest levels. The grid doesn’t have the capacity to handle everyone at home running heaters and other stuff all at once. It’s tremendous. I know people that haven’t had power since midnight. We have been okay so far thankfully. I think it’s due to our proximity to the hospitals.
That is nuts man. I think you're better off in the apartment as well. At least all of the units keep each other warm, apartments are extremely efficient from an energy/environmental impact. Most Texans live in massive homes and they probably aren't designed to heat all that efficiently because :whocares: in most cases I guess?