max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Up to 3k and carry forward the rest
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:42 pm Up to 3k and carry forward the rest
Shit! Really? I need to look into this. That would be a nice deduction this year...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:23 pm I’m not following how income fluctuations change your refunds if you’re on a company payroll. If you make 100k you owe a certain % based on your withholding and If you made 500k same thing. The taxes are calculated by your employer. It’s quite straight forward math wise.

I would find much better use for $500 a month than some sort of random “bonus” at the end of the year.
That’s the thing, I have to set up deductions at a certain percentage based on “target salary”. You can also opt to pay more or less at a certain amount (like $100/month). So since I underperformed last year, I paid too much in taxes, the percentage withheld was based on a higher number than I earned.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Oo interesting I haven’t seen that before
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:39 am Oo interesting I haven’t seen that before
I should probably look into making adjustments :doe: , $6K is excessive. This year seems to be looking much better with pay so :notsure: The company mercilessly made sales quotas a lot more realistic for my team given the :bs: times.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Happy Monday :disgust:

Following the "new normal" for Charlotte it rained all weekend, so I didn't do much this weekend, the highlight being some :dock:

Other than that, tackled a few small indoor projects, bought a bunch of liquor and chilled. The wife and I did a little airBNB experience date yesterday as a Valentine's Day COVID friendly thing. It was a Zoom call with a lady in Italy and a few other people where we made some limoncello. Kind of :neat: as we went to the Amalfi Coast a few years ago, fun to bring back memories and a :notbad: way to break up the monotony. The limoncello takes a few days so we can't drink it yet, but future :drunk: should be fun.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:31 am Happy Monday :disgust:

Following the "new normal" for Charlotte it rained all weekend, so I didn't do much this weekend, the highlight being some :dock:

Other than that, tackled a few small indoor projects, bought a bunch of liquor and chilled. The wife and I did a little airBNB experience date yesterday as a Valentine's Day COVID friendly thing. It was a Zoom call with a lady in Italy and a few other people where we made some limoncello. Kind of :neat: as we went to the Amalfi Coast a few years ago, fun to bring back memories and a :notbad: way to break up the monotony. The limoncello takes a few days so we can't drink it yet, but future :drunk: should be fun.
Monday is tough today for some reason.

Limoncell is fantastic home made. The hardest part is waiting (and it's worth it).

Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend despite being stuck inside. We were inside too, snow finally came probably have 10" total right now and more is falling right now.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Morning folks.
Shoveled around 3" of snow in ~5F temps on Saturday. Yesterday I decided I wanted to try taking a walk in 1F temps for :science: , just to see what it felt like. I was plenty warm enough wearing long johns under sweats, and just a sweatshirt under my big parka, and a headband to cover my ears, plus boots and mittens. I was actually sweating by the time I got back home 40 minutes later. My coat is :amaze: warm. The worst thing was, if I covered my mouth and nose my glasses would fog up heavily so I had to alternate covering and uncovering my snout. That, and I could feel my eyelashes freeze together every time I blinked. That was interesting.

It started snowing again last night. There was maybe 2" on the ground when I left for work this morning, and the temp was 0F. We're supposed to get maybe 5-6" in my area before it stops tomorrow morning, with areas closer to the lake getting up to a foot or more. Looks like I'll be shoveling again tonight after dinner.
This is shaping up to be quite a winter. :impressive:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Sounds like you did quite a bit, and all of it good.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

[user not found] wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:42 am Arrived home from my tour of the south last night, glad to be home.

Quite the trip. Seems I delivered winter to everywhere I went except South Florida.
it's okay, south Florida already has enough to deal with, being Florida and all.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

haleyann wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:44 am
[user not found] wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:42 am Arrived home from my tour of the south last night, glad to be home.

Quite the trip. Seems I delivered winter to everywhere I went except South Florida.
it's okay, south Florida already has enough to deal with, being FloriDUH and all.
:lol: FTFY

Its ok, I can say that as I used to live there......
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:51 am Morning folks.
Shoveled around 3" of snow in ~5F temps on Saturday. Yesterday I decided I wanted to try taking a walk in 1F temps for :science: , just to see what it felt like. I was plenty warm enough wearing long johns under sweats, and just a sweatshirt under my big parka, and a headband to cover my ears, plus boots and mittens. I was actually sweating by the time I got back home 40 minutes later. My coat is :amaze: warm. The worst thing was, if I covered my mouth and nose my glasses would fog up heavily so I had to alternate covering and uncovering my snout. That, and I could feel my eyelashes freeze together every time I blinked. That was interesting.

It started snowing again last night. There was maybe 2" on the ground when I left for work this morning, and the temp was 0F. We're supposed to get maybe 5-6" in my area before it stops tomorrow morning, with areas closer to the lake getting up to a foot or more. Looks like I'll be shoveling again tonight after dinner.
:impressive:

You guys are getting hammered down there. We have some snow now, but nothing like the totals you're seeing. Still not as cold here either, it hasn't been below 0 yet.
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

It certainly is making up for last year. We were getting sleet over the weekend, and I think more freezing rain is due tonight.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:35 am

Limoncell is fantastic home made. The hardest part is waiting (and it's worth it).

Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend despite being stuck inside. We were inside too, snow finally came probably have 10" total right now and more is falling right now.
Trying to make the best of it but still in a bit of a funk. Honestly, :tits: has been a really great partner constantly trying to cheer me up and make me see the good, as well as provide some more fun ideas of stuff we can do in COVID winter. I am thankful for this as I've been a bit of a wet blanket.

In4more tower snow pics.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

This is some crazy stuff man, I've never felt sub zero F temps :impressive:

I walk in what is cold to me a lot lately... it's :thisisfine: by me, just have to bundle up nicely. It is tougher in the wet and to engage in activities when you need more mobility with your hands like wrenching cars :doe:

In4snow pics
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:27 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:35 am

Trying to make the best of it but still in a bit of a funk. Honestly, :tits: has been a really great partner constantly trying to cheer me up and make me see the good, as well as provide some more fun ideas of stuff we can do in COVID winter. I am thankful for this as I've been a bit of a wet blanket.

In4more tower snow pics.
It's the opposite in my household. I'm the one trying to cheer :tits: up by making her feel better about the positives and coming up with fun things to do. It's been really taxing for me, and I've had so/so results so far. She still seems pretty :eeyore:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:06 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:27 pm

In4more tower snow pics.
It's the opposite in my household. I'm the one trying to cheer :tits: up by making her feel better about the positives and coming up with fun things to do. It's been really taxing for me, and I've had so/so results so far. She still seems pretty :eeyore:
This has traditionally been more the case in my relationship... the wife has had far more to overcome in life with both parents being drunks/drug addicts, a shit family, etc. She is normally much more of an emotional roller coaster than I (I was traditionally Mr. Positivity) but of late, I am :eeyore: and she has really helped. It makes me feel good observing that it is indeed a two way street. At some points I have certainly felt like I was the one giving much more.

Sorry to hear you're still :dealwithit: with the :bs: I take it she is now back from Orange County Heaven?
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:23 pm
This has traditionally been more the case in my relationship... the wife has had far more to overcome in life with both parents being drunks/drug addicts, a shit family, etc. She is normally much more of an emotional roller coaster than I (I was traditionally Mr. Positivity) but of late, I am :eeyore: and she has really helped. It makes me feel good observing that it is indeed a two way street. At some points I have certainly felt like I was the one giving much more.

Sorry to hear you're still :dealwithit: with the :bs: I take it she is now back from Orange County Heaven?
Yep, she came back last week. Oddly, she hated paradise and claims to love it here more. Biggest issue right now for her is lack of friends and social things. I can only do so much for that.

Fortunately, going downstate to get the CT this weekend and we'll socialize with some friends that we haven't seen in a while, should help a bit.
wap

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:52 pm

:impressive:

You guys are getting hammered down there. We have some snow now, but nothing like the totals you're seeing. Still not as cold here either, it hasn't been below 0 yet.
We really are! Making up for the weirdly mild winter we had last year. It's snowing hard now, easily another 3-4 inches since I got to work.

Bossbro and I and 2 other peeps are supposed to drive out to Akron, OH on Thursday to visit a vendor, and drive back Friday. With all the lake effect snow happening in Indiana and Ohio, I'm :notsure: it's gonna happen. :ohwell:
wap

Huckleberry wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:55 pm

It certainly is making up for last year. We were getting sleet over the weekend, and I think more freezing rain is due tonight.
:disgust: I hate sleet and freezing rain. All the hazards of snow (more, actually) and none of the beauty.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

We got 3-5” inches in SATX. Depending on how the wind blew.

:impressive: to see snow here.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:30 pm

This is some crazy stuff man, I've never felt sub zero F temps :impressive:

I walk in what is cold to me a lot lately... it's :thisisfine: by me, just have to bundle up nicely. It is tougher in the wet and to engage in activities when you need more mobility with your hands like wrenching cars :doe:

In4snow pics
Yea, being :moist: in bitter cold is :gag: . This morning it was 0*F when I went out to get the papers. I also swept snow off the front stairs (since they're wood I don't like using a shovel on them) and the front walk, just wearing a sweater. No jacket, no gloves, no boots (just deck shoes). I was out there for maybe 7-8 minutes. It was...brisk, and a good way to wake up!

I'll see if I can get a pic out of a window here.
wap

D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:23 pm

The nice takeaway here is that when one of you is down, the other steps up - both ways.

Two way street, as you say.
wap

razr390 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:38 pm We got 3-5” inches in SATX. Depending on how the wind blew.

:impressive: to see snow here.
We have a facility in Dallas and they are :mindblown: at the 4" they got. They had to close their place for the next 2 days. :rolleyes:
wap

Snow White Blue Meanie.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk