wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:45 am Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:fuckyeah: :megusta:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:57 am
D Griff wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:41 am It’s pouring and low 30s here all weekend :disgust:

Kinda bored but the wife made a nice fire, it’s 5/7 cozy.
It's 7F here and snowing. Gonna go out to shovel soon.
We got 3"last night, mid 20s this morning, so I went out and shoveled in just a hoodie. 5/7

Snowing now, we'll see how much we get. impossible to predict with lake effect.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:45 am Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:wub:

Looks like an awesome Saturday morning!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Polishing off a bottle of tequila with the sig other May not have been the best idea lol
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:34 pm Polishing off a bottle of tequila with the sig other May not have been the best idea lol
Last night or today? We are actually heading to the liquor store shortly :excited:
max225

D Griff wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:46 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:34 pm Polishing off a bottle of tequila with the sig other May not have been the best idea lol
Last night or today? We are actually heading to the liquor store shortly :excited:
Last night ... kinda paying for it today
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:50 pm
D Griff wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:46 pm

Last night ... kinda paying for it today
I partied last night. Saturday motivation levels are LOW.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I slammed some 🍷, no hangover to speak of :notbad:

Motivation is still meh as it’s cold and rainy, can’t do anything :ohwell:

Ducking covid + winter...
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:27 am
wap wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:57 am

It's 7F here and snowing. Gonna go out to shovel soon.
We got 3"last night, mid 20s this morning, so I went out and shoveled in just a hoodie. 5/7

Snowing now, we'll see how much we get. impossible to predict with lake effect.
Just finished 2 hours of shoveling about 3" in 10° temps. Wore a coat-half unzipped, and a headband to cover my ears, and mittens. Was totally comfortable.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Snow began here rn, along with wind. 1:30 AM, tomorrow should be interesting.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Third attempt at gumbo. Think I finally nailed it. Changed up a few things. Before I bought everything, including chicken stock. When it gets cold here the stores are completely out of stock from everyone making gumbo so all that's left is fat free. I think that's part of the reasoning for my mediocre taste.
Made my stock from boullion cubes and it's a whole another world of flavor.
Also used a varied amount of cayenne from my last recipe.
Went with a different amber beer for my deglazing process, and more garlic. Also I think I finally figured out the perfect roux process.
Used double the smoked sausage. And double the chicken. We got a freeze coming monday so I made a lot more than I'd normally make. Its fucking killer and I'm so much more confident in making it now.

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:35 pm Third attempt at gumbo. Think I finally nailed it. Changed up a few things. Before I bought everything, including chicken stock. When it gets cold here the stores are completely out of stock from everyone making gumbo so all that's left is fat free. I think that's part of the reasoning for my mediocre taste.
Made my stock from boullion cubes and it's a whole another world of flavor.
Also used a varied amount of cayenne from my last recipe.
Went with a different amber beer for my deglazing process, and more garlic. Also I think I finally figured out the perfect roux process.
Used double the smoked sausage. And double the chicken. We got a freeze coming monday so I made a lot more than I'd normally make. Its fucking killer and I'm so much more confident in making it now.

I enjoy these posts and your gumbo looks bad ass but shouldn't you have been making quality gumbo since kindergarten?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Acid666

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:46 pm
I enjoy these posts and your gumbo looks bad ass but shouldn't you have been making quality gumbo since kindergarten?
Not everyone down here cooks like woah. My parents made the most basic stuff but nothing complex. My mom's gumbo always tasted normal to me, but it's because she used roux from a jar. I was expecting for mine when made from scratch to taste killer and it just wasn't hitting like I thought. It's likely because she didn't do it like I was doing it with the trinity (bellpepper, onion, celery) and the Pope (garlic). When you sweat those 4 things down into the roux it really molds the flavor into shape.

I've got friends that can cook like madmen, but they got a lot of it from their parents and grandparents. My mom and dad didn't really teach me to cook shit. I can follow instructions and cook things, but I'm learning with this and from grilling a lot. I'm the master of my $20 17"x17" grill LOL
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Acid666 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:15 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:46 pm
Not everyone down here cooks like woah. My parents made the most basic stuff but nothing complex. My mom's gumbo always tasted normal to me, but it's because she used roux from a jar. I was expecting for mine when made from scratch to taste killer and it just wasn't hitting like I thought. It's likely because she didn't do it like I was doing it with the trinity (bellpepper, onion, celery) and the Pope (garlic). When you sweat those 4 things down into the roux it really molds the flavor into shape.

I've got friends that can cook like madmen, but they got a lot of it from their parents and grandparents. My mom and dad didn't really teach me to cook shit. I can follow instructions and cook things, but I'm learning with this and from grilling a lot. I'm the master of my $20 17"x17" grill LOL
The gumbo looks soo delicious. I definitely hear you though, I can cook decently and follow recipes but don't normally invest the time to go all in on cooking, it's just not something I enjoy. Growing up was similar, my parents cooked but it was usually easy, efficient, and cheap by design.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:30 pm Getting $6k in tax return :notbad:

Evidently we get some kind of tax credit for not getting the :thankstrump: bucks and then made less in 2020 than 2019. :iono: the wife did our taxes. Pretty 5/7 that she completed them, I normally do everything and she just went to town on completing them.
:fuckyeah: i should be getting ~2.5k back. Just need one more form to come in then I’m ready to file.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:30 am

Evidently we get some kind of tax credit for not getting the :thankstrump: bucks and then made less in 2020 than 2019. :iono: the wife did our taxes. Pretty 5/7 that she completed them, I normally do everything and she just went to town on completing them.
:fuckyeah: i should be getting ~2.5k back. Just need one more form to come in then I’m ready to file.
:nice:

Any plan for the funds? We may use ours for a few house upgrades and/or my car fund if I decide to :plac:

I told :tits: since we're refinancing, we are committing to staying at least three more years at this :haus: , may upgrade from fomica counters, add a garbage disposal, and possibly look into adding gas. We would love a gas stove and perhaps fireplace.
Acid666

We're getting $5k back this year. Which basically means we were poor Lol.
I took a 42% paycut this year, and the wife didn't work for several months after leaving her jobby job. So we got hit pretty hard. Money is pretty much spent. Owe $2K on vet bills, and splitting the rest, where I'll probably pay off the trailer.
The Z06 is down to about $3,700 so I'm anxious to finally get that paid off, but it'll be another year or so. Hopefully work picks up and we can earn our full rate again. Getting dropped to hourly and taking a 20% pay cut just killed any chance to save money and get ahead.
max225

I don’t understand those of you with “refunds” why don’t you adjust your withholdings so that you don’t give the gov a free loan. Taxes shouldn’t be a “surprise” and shouldn’t result in large refunds
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:29 am I don’t understand those of you with “refunds” why don’t you adjust your withholdings so that you don’t give the gov a free loan. Taxes shouldn’t be a “surprise” and shouldn’t result in large refunds
A. My income fluctuates greatly so there is no real way to predict/withhold properly. I made 30+% less in 2020 versus 2019, this was the result.
B. I understand the concept of it being an “interest free loan to the gov” but don’t care, it’s fun to get a bonus of sorts and far preferable to me versus having to write a check. That outweighs the $20 of interest I could have made.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Yeah My income could fluctuate +/- $10k depending on OT so I just stick with the same shit year to year. Getting $1700 back from fed/state
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Forester

Hey guys a merry valentines to you all...
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Forester

That Gumbo looks insanely good and such a cozy pic Griff!!
max225

I’m not following how income fluctuations change your refunds if you’re on a company payroll. If you make 100k you owe a certain % based on your withholding and If you made 500k same thing. The taxes are calculated by your employer. It’s quite straight forward math wise.

I would find much better use for $500 a month than some sort of random “bonus” at the end of the year.
ChrisoftheNorth

Commission and bonuses are usually taxes differently than normal salary income.

There's also the issue of marriage and filing jointly that can mess with things. Last year we wrote the . gov a $500 check because the wife got a job of which the income was in the next bracket and she didn't setup with holding to accommodate.

This year she's been unemployed, but I left my with holding the same so we shouldn't owe anything.
max225

Detroit wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:34 pm Commission and bonuses are usually taxes differently than normal salary income.

There's also the issue of marriage and filing jointly that can mess with things. Last year we wrote the . gov a $500 check because the wife got a job of which the income was in the next bracket and she didn't setup with holding to accommodate.

This year she's been unemployed, but I left my with holding the same so we shouldn't owe anything.
Maybe a refund even... mid cycle changes like this really drive the biggest deltas. And stock selling/ house purchases.

Btw if you sell your gme. I think you can claim it as a capital loss