OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:44 pm Curious what sort of emergency would require more than 50 miles of range aka red light is shining bright
It’s not necessarily even an emergency affecting you personally that matters. Having close to 1/2+ of gas tank full means that in the event of some dumbassery by mass society (aka gas shortages, paper towel shortages, etc) you still can go to work/run errands/etc and have more than enough gas to do it).

Plenty of gas shortage scares due to hurricanes in Florida so as a formality I always fill up between 1/4-1/2 left in the tank. Just for that piece of mind.

Funny that someone who did so much in the Tacoma first oil change isn’t as into just being prepared for things.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

We had gas lines and gas shortages during most recent major hurricanes. It was pretty bad. Waiting 3-4 hours in line for gas. Etx
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

razr390 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:04 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:44 pm Curious what sort of emergency would require more than 50 miles of range aka red light is shining bright
It’s not necessarily even an emergency affecting you personally that matters. Having close to 1/2+ of gas tank full means that in the event of some dumbassery by mass society (aka gas shortages, paper towel shortages, etc) you still can go to work/run errands/etc and have more than enough gas to do it).

Plenty of gas shortage scares due to hurricanes in Florida so as a formality I always fill up between 1/4-1/2 left in the tank. Just for that piece of mind.

Funny that someone who did so much in the Tacoma first oil change isn’t as into just being prepared for things.
Noted and will get a fuel trailer to tow 500 gallons in case of alien take over
razr390

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:11 pm

Not really the point I’m making. And I know you’re smarter than that.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

:hai:

Baby is sleeping in his own room now :fuckyeah:
He just said "Mama" today, but not repeatable, so maybe doesn't count.
Sitting up on his own, trying to crawl but just moving backwards, all the squeals and shrieking, favorite things to do are bounce and chew on his plastic panda, likes sweet potato.

I'm running on fumes. Work is OK, pay is good and mostly WFH which is helping. Car is gone, feel really tied to the house now. Sold the winter useless wheel setup.
No time to bike ride. Been out of liquor since October or something and not happy about it.

Dog vom'd all over the house today. Literally everything in her stomach came up. But it's OK because I had a burrito for dinner, so all is well. How is everyone here?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Just fill up your tank and walk the path of the righteous man Max
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:15 pm :hai:

Sitting up on his own, trying to crawl but just moving backwards, all the squeals and shrieking, favorite things to do are bounce and chew on his plastic panda, likes sweet potato.

I'm running on fumes. Work is OK, pay is good and mostly WFH which is helping. Car is gone, feel really tied to the house now. Sold the winter useless wheel setup.
No time to bike ride. Been out of liquor since October or something and not happy about it.

Dog vom'd all over the house today. Literally everything in her stomach came up. But it's OK because I had a burrito for dinner, so all is well. How is everyone here?
Need an internet beer run?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
razr390

Great to hear about the little dude! Glad he is doing well. Sofia was saying mama and baba and all of those babbles when she was younger. She sort of learns shit, repeats it for about a week until she learns some new shit and then focuses on it.

We were/are concerned with her social development due to the whole pandemic. She only really met our family members when we went for a week during her 1-year old bday celebration. Otherwise she is only with us.

She also has a lip tie and a tongue tie (confirmed by pediatrician), and we are speaking to her in English and Spanish. She doesn't really talk much, mostly shrieks/squeals/grunts/growls etc. We told the doctor this 2 weeks ago during her shots appointment and the doctor did not seem concerned. Said she seems to have a reserved/observant personality (as she still interacts with humans/people/animals (LOVES OUR CATS), and she waved and smiled at the doctor while :tits: was looking at some forms during the vaccine stuff).

Stressful to not be a competitive parent nowadays, but I am angry at the pandemic since it hinders her chance to actually socialize with other babies. Our upstairs neighbors have a girl that's 2 months older than Sofia, but they can't do shit anymore since they just had another newborn.... Before that there were a few play dates that happened, but not much else.

That's probably the most stressful part of seeing her grow up. Doctor told us to not worry until she is around 24 months simply due to different development rates for all kids. Some kids won't talk at all and then just speak sentences around 24-36 months like nothing. Once we hit 24 months we will see if she has to be screened for ASD, or if the tongue-tie/lip-tie is affecting her.

Gah. /dadrant over.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I for one am just not an apocalypse believer. Nothing is going to happen that necessitates me getting in the car to "escape" or whatever. Chris's not freezing thing is fairly legit, but that's the only scenario I'm giving a pass too. IIRC Eric's reasoning is that he could have a work call come up in another county and likes to not have to take time to stop. This is legit as well. I normally just fill up when I'm running early for something and have time to kill. If that's at 1/8 of a tank, that is fine. Sometimes it's at 1/2 a tank. :iono: I don't really drive anywhere other than road trips with :tits: Most outings in the :poorvette: are manufactured reasons to need to go somewhere because I miss V8 noises and shifting gears.

If the apocalypse scenario ever does play out, I have no delusions that I will somehow be a survivor because I have an adventure vehicle with a full tank. I am a delicate flower :millennial: like most of us. I have a bit more camping experience and shit, so maybe I'll last a few weeks, but :whocares: I have no guns, no way to get food other than Aldi, etc. :ohwell:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:howdy:

Always happy to see you around here! Glad the :baby: is doing well, hopefully you're enjoying parenting a bit more these days.

Sorry to hear you haven't been cycling, that has been my main outlet during all of this :bs: I did my first century ride a couple of weekends ago. It was freezing and kind of shitty but I felt really happy to accomplish it. New bike is very fun.

Work is meh... I'm just so goddamn bored with my work. I really try to be thankful for it, it pays well, is pretty low key, and they take care of me... But it's very groundhog day like and I find I'm getting really awkward on the phone with customers. I think not interacting socially for one year is really taking it's toll on me and I'm in a major funk.

:ohwell: I am trying to be happy and thankful, I have a lot.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:17 am

Is this a thing? I will personally buy beer and send it to Johnny. He deserves it :lolol: :drunk:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:38 am
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:17 am

Is this a thing? I will personally buy beer and send it to Johnny. He deserves it :lolol: :drunk:
Down to chip in but he must have 5 and post results
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:hai:
:fuckyeah: update. Glad to hear things are better with :baby: and work.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:33 am
I for one am just not an apocalypse believer. Nothing is going to happen that necessitates me getting in the car to "escape" or whatever. Chris's not freezing thing is fairly legit, but that's the only scenario I'm giving a pass too. IIRC Eric's reasoning is that he could have a work call come up in another county and likes to not have to take time to stop. This is legit as well. I normally just fill up when I'm running early for something and have time to kill. If that's at 1/8 of a tank, that is fine. Sometimes it's at 1/2 a tank. :iono: I don't really drive anywhere other than road trips with :tits: Most outings in the :poorvette: are manufactured reasons to need to go somewhere because I miss V8 noises and shifting gears.

If the apocalypse scenario ever does play out, I have no delusions that I will somehow be a survivor because I have an adventure vehicle with a full tank. I am a delicate flower :millennial: like most of us. I have a bit more camping experience and shit, so maybe I'll last a few weeks, but :whocares: I have no guns, no way to get food other than Aldi, etc. :ohwell:
I don't believe in the apocalypse taking major metro areas down. Just won't happen.

But the rural areas where I live could really get crippled in a realistic apocalypse scenario where resources are funneled to city metro areas to keep them afloat. We also don't have as much distribution of resources, so I just feel better being more prepared. IDGAF when I lived in the city, but in the middle of nowhere, it's wise to do just a bit more planning. We also live in an area where snow can fall by the foot, and weather emergencies can be real. Having fuel to run the car or even to pull from the car and put in a generator could be huge.

Also, I'm more concerned about fuel in the winter time. In the summer, I'll go back to filling up at around 1/8 tank. The risks are lower in the summer overall.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:48 am

:dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:54 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:33 am

I don't believe in the apocalypse taking major metro areas down. Just won't happen.

But the rural areas where I live could really get crippled in a realistic apocalypse scenario where resources are funneled to city metro areas to keep them afloat. We also don't have as much distribution of resources, so I just feel better being more prepared. IDGAF when I lived in the city, but in the middle of nowhere, it's wise to do just a bit more planning. We also live in an area where snow can fall by the foot, and weather emergencies can be real. Having fuel to run the car or even to pull from the car and put in a generator could be huge.

Also, I'm more concerned about fuel in the winter time. In the summer, I'll go back to filling up at around 1/8 tank. The risks are lower in the summer overall.
Yeah, I agree with that logic. You could run into a situation where you're snowed in and without power for days. It's smart to have some level of a plan for that. That type of scenario is pretty easy to prepare for :doe:

I always figure if shit really hits the fan, I would want to get out of town, but with nowhere to really go, I guess I would just hang at my house until I died.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:15 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:54 am

Yeah, I agree with that logic. You could run into a situation where you're snowed in and without power for days. It's smart to have some level of a plan for that. That type of scenario is pretty easy to prepare for :doe:

I always figure if shit really hits the fan, I would want to get out of town, but with nowhere to really go, I guess I would just hang at my house until I died.
We always have 10 gal of potable water on hand and some bottled water at a minimum just in case. We also don't let our food supply drop to nothing as another just in case. We've got plans for a veggie garden so we're good in the summer and we'll can that stuff for the winter, again as a just in case. We're by no means "preppers" or any of that shit, but it's something we consider. If shit goes down, I don't want to go anywhere. We're on a narrow penninsula surrounded by big water with only 2 roads off to the main land. We're surrounded by farms and a sense of community where I believe if shit really did go south, we could stay put and thrive with our immediate community. Our house is also one of the highest points in the area, so for real :caspian: shit, we've got a lookout tower that we can see for miles from.

The reality is that apocalypse shit isn't going to happen, but I do want to be somewhat prepared for bad storms.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:26 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:15 pm

We always have 10 gal of potable water on hand and some bottled water at a minimum just in case. We also don't let our food supply drop to nothing as another just in case. We've got plans for a veggie garden so we're good in the summer and we'll can that stuff for the winter, again as a just in case. We're by no means "preppers" or any of that shit, but it's something we consider. If shit goes down, I don't want to go anywhere. We're on a narrow penninsula surrounded by big water with only 2 roads off to the main land. We're surrounded by farms and a sense of community where I believe if shit really did go south, we could stay put and thrive with our immediate community. Our house is also one of the highest points in the area, so for real :caspian: shit, we've got a lookout tower that we can see for miles from.

The reality is that apocalypse shit isn't going to happen, but I do want to be somewhat prepared for bad storms.

Even I like to have some basics like canned goods, pasta, firewood, etc. on hand. I doubt it'll ever be needed, but we could survive for a bit.

Water is one thing we don't have any of. I hate bottled water and also hate the idea of storing it, our house is so damn small. It would probably be smart to have some gallons on hand though.
razr390

32 degrees and raining, feels like 23 and I drove to work on my summer tires.

RIP nuns, puppies, and children.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:48 am

NGH. Hah. I have a couple sixers in the basement. One beer is good for me. Just been out of bourbon.
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:36 am

Always happy to see you around here! Glad the :baby: is doing well, hopefully you're enjoying parenting a bit more these days.

Sorry to hear you haven't been cycling, that has been my main outlet during all of this :bs: I did my first century ride a couple of weekends ago. It was freezing and kind of shitty but I felt really happy to accomplish it. New bike is very fun.

Work is meh... I'm just so goddamn bored with my work. I really try to be thankful for it, it pays well, is pretty low key, and they take care of me... But it's very groundhog day like and I find I'm getting really awkward on the phone with customers. I think not interacting socially for one year is really taking it's toll on me and I'm in a major funk.

Changing jobs is a hard proposition right now. Hiring is a mess everywhere. Glad the bike is working out for you. You are likely a lot faster than I am at this point. I think I might have a 30 mile ride in me... maybe.
Johnny_P

razr390 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:53 am

Great to hear about the little dude! Glad he is doing well. Sofia was saying mama and baba and all of those babbles when she was younger. She sort of learns shit, repeats it for about a week until she learns some new shit and then focuses on it.

We were/are concerned with her social development due to the whole pandemic. She only really met our family members when we went for a week during her 1-year old bday celebration. Otherwise she is only with us.

She also has a lip tie and a tongue tie (confirmed by pediatrician), and we are speaking to her in English and Spanish. She doesn't really talk much, mostly shrieks/squeals/grunts/growls etc. We told the doctor this 2 weeks ago during her shots appointment and the doctor did not seem concerned. Said she seems to have a reserved/observant personality (as she still interacts with humans/people/animals (LOVES OUR CATS), and she waved and smiled at the doctor while :tits: was looking at some forms during the vaccine stuff).

Stressful to not be a competitive parent nowadays, but I am angry at the pandemic since it hinders her chance to actually socialize with other babies. Our upstairs neighbors have a girl that's 2 months older than Sofia, but they can't do shit anymore since they just had another newborn.... Before that there were a few play dates that happened, but not much else.

That's probably the most stressful part of seeing her grow up. Doctor told us to not worry until she is around 24 months simply due to different development rates for all kids. Some kids won't talk at all and then just speak sentences around 24-36 months like nothing. Once we hit 24 months we will see if she has to be screened for ASD, or if the tongue-tie/lip-tie is affecting her.

Gah. /dadrant over.
Tongue and lip ties are a bitch. If she can eat and talk somewhat she’s going to be ok though. Socialization is hard across the board. I wonder how that will impact these kids later in life.

Baby loves the cat and dog here too. Especially the cat. He holds his arms out and kitty rubs all over him lol. The dog just licks his face which he doesn’t seem to care about. He has taste tested both animals, not sure on his preference there.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:24 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:36 am

Changing jobs is a hard proposition right now. Hiring is a mess everywhere. Glad the bike is working out for you. You are likely a lot faster than I am at this point. I think I might have a 30 mile ride in me... maybe.
Come on down to the "warm" south and we'll ride!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:27 pm
razr390 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:53 am

Gah. /dadrant over.
Tongue and lip ties are a bitch. If she can eat and talk somewhat she’s going to be ok though. Socialization is hard across the board. I wonder how that will impact these kids later in life.

Baby loves the cat and dog here too. Especially the cat. He holds his arms out and kitty rubs all over him lol. The dog just licks his face which he doesn’t seem to care about. He has taste tested both animals, not sure on his preference there.
I am about to turn 32 and I feel like my social skills are decimated after the past year. I find I am far more awkward on the phone at work, despite being on calls daily.

I hope this doesn't negatively impact your kiddos too much. I would think it's tougher on older kids missing out on years of schooling in person. But :iono: :baby: development is a crazy thing. It sounds like you guys are both doing the best with what you have to work with :doe:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:49 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:26 pm

Even I like to have some basics like canned goods, pasta, firewood, etc. on hand. I doubt it'll ever be needed, but we could survive for a bit.

Water is one thing we don't have any of. I hate bottled water and also hate the idea of storing it, our house is so damn small. It would probably be smart to have some gallons on hand though.
If you're on city water, you probably don't have to worry about water issues...if a municipal water system goes down, the end is upon you.

We have a well, so no power means no water. Water is critical to stay alive, so I always keep some on hand. I too hate bottled water, which is why we just have a small 12 pack that could be put in the car easy, and I have 2 5 gallon potable water jugs for camping that I keep full at all times as an emergency backup.