OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

So my what I thought was fact based post about my initial oil change on the Tacoma forum... now has 200 replies and people calling me and idiot and a few other good things. :amazing:

Others are saying my thread is about to be locked. First and only thread I started :lolgasm:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:37 pm So my what I thought was fact based post about my initial oil change on the Tacoma forum... now has 200 replies and people calling me and idiot and a few other good things. :amazing:

Others are saying my thread is about to be locked. First and only thread I started :lolgasm:
:impressive: :lolol:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:37 pm So my what I thought was fact based post about my initial oil change on the Tacoma forum... now has 200 replies and people calling me and idiot and a few other good things. :amazing:

:impressive:

I love how bringing real third party data that contradicts normal thought results in :triggered: :wrong: :howdareu:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:05 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:34 pm

Yeah, nothing :wrong: with the good quality sound bars. I personally would add a sub :doe:

:iono: I just used stereo speakers for years, center channel isn't really needed. I think that comes down to what you use it for most. TV with a lot of dialog? It will be a lot better with a center channel although stereo is OK. Music mostly? Stereo is better. I don't really watch a lot of movies and care about music more than TV.
I only use mine for music. Should I unplug the center channel speaker and just go L R Sub?
You have a receiver that powers the speakers?

If so, they usually only send music through the L R speakers and sub anyway...ignoring the center. There's usually settings on receivers to change that sort of stuff around, but leave the center for if/when you watch movies or TV.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Wednesday huh?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

:howdy: folks
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

What was the post about and what is the controversy?

Also, seems to be the typical internet dogpiling over something as frivolous as an oil change.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:34 am

I only use mine for music. Should I unplug the center channel speaker and just go L R Sub?

If so, they usually only send music through the L R speakers and sub anyway...ignoring the center. There's usually settings on receivers to change that sort of stuff around, but leave the center for if/when you watch movies or TV.
Oh yeah, duh. I’ll make sure I’m playing it on stereo mode. Yamaha receiver powering some Energy speakers. Speakers came as 5.1, but I don’t have any use for the rears so I just have it set up as a 3.1. I should grab another hdmi cable and run my TV out to it too, but it’s as of now I only use it to listen to my record player.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Huckleberry wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:53 am

Also, seems to be the typical internet dogpiling over something as frivolous as an oil change.
It turned into OCI talk and how I’m questioning Toyota engineers even though i specifically stated it was about first oil change only. Plenty of data to see that 10k is perfectly fine for subsequents
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:40 amWednesday huh?
Final countdown for me...
Took Thursday and Friday off for a 5 day weekend.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:09 am
:fuckyeah:

Doing anything in particular?
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:02 am
Huckleberry wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:53 am

It turned into OCI talk and how I’m questioning Toyota engineers even though i specifically stated it was about first oil change only. Plenty of data to see that 10k is perfectly fine for subsequents
Ah, yes. The good ol' OCI debate. I'm a proponent of doing the first oil change early on a new vehicle just because there is an initial wear that happens on brand new stuff. After that, it is a mileage or a time stamp for the vehicles. Most of the vehicles in my fleet get the oil changed once a year in the spring due to the lack of miles driven. The dailies will go according to the manufacturer's specs.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:34 pm

Yeah, nothing :wrong: with the good quality sound bars. I personally would add a sub :doe:

:iono: I just used stereo speakers for years, center channel isn't really needed. I think that comes down to what you use it for most. TV with a lot of dialog? It will be a lot better with a center channel although stereo is OK. Music mostly? Stereo is better. I don't really watch a lot of movies and care about music more than TV.
Well, music is all recorded and mixed in stereo. It theory the sub should have a crossover that just plays signal below ~150 hz or so. I'm :notsure: what the center channel would be playing with music. What does the audio coming out of it sound like? What is the setup? There could be some computer tomfoolery driving some stuff to the center channel, or it could be just a sum of L and R.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:53 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:34 am

Oh yeah, duh. I’ll make sure I’m playing it on stereo mode. Yamaha receiver powering some Energy speakers. Speakers came as 5.1, but I don’t have any use for the rears so I just have it set up as a 3.1. I should grab another hdmi cable and run my TV out to it too, but it’s as of now I only use it to listen to my record player.
Oh, didn't see this. Yeah, if it is on your phono input, it shouldn't send anything to the center anyway, I think you're good. I would go ahead and connect the TV to it too :doe: , 3.1 will be a helluva lot better than TV speakers. I'm not a big sports guy, but if you or Michelle watches them at all, it sounds way better when the announcers are seperated in a center channel and the other shit is in the stereo channels.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Huckleberry wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:58 am
max225 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:02 am

Ah, yes. The good ol' OCI debate. I'm a proponent of doing the first oil change early on a new vehicle just because there is an initial wear that happens on brand new stuff. After that, it is a mileage or a time stamp for the vehicles. Most of the vehicles in my fleet get the oil changed once a year in the spring due to the lack of miles driven. The dailies will go according to the manufacturer's specs.
:dat: is also my strategy, Beep Beep is based on manufacturer recs (it gets driven a good bit, 17K miles in 9 months so far), :poorvette: is typically once a year as it only gets 5K or so miles. I will change it an extra time if I do a track event where the oil temps exceed 280ish for an extended period.

I am pretty shocked that the Tacoma Cucks are willing to lock a thread over someone sharing Blackstone oil analysis though... you would think that would be helpful information for any owner, and certainly inoffensive at worst.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:09 am
:fuckyeah: :jelly:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Max,
Link to your :triggered: thread? Would like to read for the lulz.

:hai: folks.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:16 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:53 am

Oh, didn't see this. Yeah, if it is on your phono input, it shouldn't send anything to the center anyway, I think you're good. I would go ahead and connect the TV to it too :doe: , 3.1 will be a helluva lot better than TV speakers. I'm not a big sports guy, but if you or Michelle watches them at all, it sounds way better when the announcers are seperated in a center channel and the other shit is in the stereo channels.
No sportsball viewing in my house. We do Hulu/Netflix/Prime shows with an occasional funny movie throw in when we’re hanging with MJ.
SAWCE

Repost. Service here sucks extra bad today.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:35 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:16 am

No sportsball viewing in my house. We do Hulu/Netflix/Prime shows with an occasional funny movie throw in when we’re hanging with MJ.
I agree with Dan, if you can make it work, I'd connect the TV to the speakers. Clarity in dialog is :mindblown: better with a center channel. If the TV and speakers are on opposite sides of the room it's not going to work :doe:
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:56 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:35 am

I agree with Dan, if you can make it work, I'd connect the TV to the speakers. Clarity in dialog is :mindblown: better with a center channel. If the TV and speakers are on opposite sides of the room it's not going to work :doe:
I’ll snag an HDMI cable and check it out. Speakers and TV are along the same wall, so should work well.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Starting an oil change interval thread is more incendiary than a QAnon thread. Why I have no idea, it seems that someone disagreeing with your "oil change philosophy" is far more egregious than any political or religious differences.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:58 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:56 am
I’ll snag an HDMI cable and check it out. Speakers and TV are along the same wall, so should work well.
Yea, it's totally worth it then IMO. The easiest way to connect might be an optical cable from the TV to the receiver, then you don't have to touch anything else unless your TV has an HDMI out.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:59 am

Starting an oil change interval thread is more incendiary than a QAnon thread. Why I have no idea, it seems that someone disagreeing with your "oil change philosophy" is far more egregious than any political or religious differences.
Oil change interval beliefs ARE religion :lolol:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:06 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:59 am

Oil change interval beliefs ARE religion :lolol:
:dat: :lolol: :whocares:

I just change the oil when the vehicle tells me to. :triggered: :doomed: :nuke: