OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:28 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:17 pm
Woa!

Mine actually loves spending on audio equipment oddly. We always have music going in the house, so it's important to her. She actually asked me to buy an Arc and Sub for the living room to go with the 120" projector screen and 4k projector SHE wanted :mindblown: .

And when the sub came, she commented that it "looks really pretty" and suggested multiple places for it.

I can pretty much spend whatever I want on home entertainment stuff...she just wants it to not look offensive. I'm the cheapass, I struggled with the Arc and Sub purchase personally. Sounds excellent :doe:
I'm considering an ARC for MX. How does it sound?
Fantastic...it's the best sounding sound bar I've ever heard, and if you're already into the Sonos ecosystem, then it's the way to go. Save $50 by buying the Arc SL at Costco...same speaker, just missing the microphone for voice assistants :whocares:

One thing though...

It really needs a sub. It's clear that it was designed to clearly and accurately play mid-to-high notes, but it's lacking bass...especially compared to the Beam. That makes the $750 soundbar really ~$1,500 with the sub, but you will not find a better sounding setup IMO. I replaced a dedicated home theater setup (BIC America towers, Klipsch center, 12" sub, Yamaha receiver) with the Arc/Sub and don't miss the HT setup at all, especially with ease of setup and appearance. Most impressive with the Arc is the immersive sound...you can be anywhere in the room and it sounds fantastic and can get LOUD if desired.

If you just want one thing and perfect clear accurate sound isn't the #1 priority, just buy a Beam. That thing has a surprising amount of bass and has a much more balanced sound by itself. We have a Beam in our bedroom and really really like it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:10 pm So I washed and waxed the JT back at the end of summer for fun. Then I didn't wash it again until last week.

Incredibly, water beaded off like the wax was still these. The thing has sat outside the entire time, yet somehow the wax seems to still be doing something. It cleaned up really nice...and I think it's because I wash it so infrequently.

There's a limit...years of not washing a vehicle sitting outside will take its toll on a number of trim pieces, and sometimes the paint. But washing weekly isn't helping either.
Wow guys. A wind event here in the desert will deposit a layer of dust on any vehicle that is outdoors. I can live with some imperfections EXCEPT the hood. So all of you give zero fucks driving around looking over a dirty/dusty mucked up hood? That drives me nuts.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:39 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:10 pm So I washed and waxed the JT back at the end of summer for fun. Then I didn't wash it again until last week.

Incredibly, water beaded off like the wax was still these. The thing has sat outside the entire time, yet somehow the wax seems to still be doing something. It cleaned up really nice...and I think it's because I wash it so infrequently.

There's a limit...years of not washing a vehicle sitting outside will take its toll on a number of trim pieces, and sometimes the paint. But washing weekly isn't helping either.
Wow guys. A wind event here in the desert will deposit a layer of dust on any vehicle that is outdoors. I can live with some imperfections EXCEPT the hood. So all of you give zero fucks driving around looking over a dirty/dusty mucked up hood? That drives me nuts.
We get enough rain to keep the hood clean of dust/dirt.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:42 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:39 pm

Ohhhhhhhhhhh. The light goes on. Yeah I can't do that.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:46 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:42 pm
:jesus: does a surprisingly good job washing a vehicle. I went wheeling a number of times between car washes, and after a week or so of a few rainy days you'd never know.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:17 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:10 pm

Yep. Sounds about right. On a more petty level, I got a Sonos sub for our bedroom movie setup... and guess what

“It’s in the way while I walk”
“Can’t we put it somewhere else “

It’s under my side of the bed now
Woa!

Mine actually loves spending on audio equipment oddly. We always have music going in the house, so it's important to her. She actually asked me to buy an Arc and Sub for the living room to go with the 120" projector screen and 4k projector SHE wanted :mindblown: .

And when the sub came, she commented that it "looks really pretty" and suggested multiple places for it.

I can pretty much spend whatever I want on home entertainment stuff...she just wants it to not look offensive. I'm the cheapass, I struggled with the Arc and Sub purchase personally. Sounds excellent :doe:
That’s what I have in the bedroom. She paid for 1/2. Doesn’t mean she wants to see it :doe:
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:48 pm

:jesus: does a surprisingly good job washing a vehicle. I went wheeling a number of times between car washes, and after a week or so of a few rainy days you'd never know.
My buddy with the ram 1500 has never washed his since 2016. Only once it was done for him due to accident repair. Paint still looks fine imo.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:58 pm
My buddy with the ram 1500 has never washed his since 2016. Only once it was done for him due to accident repair. Paint still looks fine imo.
Wow.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:03 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:58 pm
Wow.
:dat: :impressive:

Though, I have zero intention of washing the cucktruck ever.
max225

So if you people are curious... I did an OCI analysis on the taco. And I was right. No fucking way should oil stay in there for more than 3k miles at least from a factory fill perspective.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:10 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:08 pm
Why do you have that stupid thing
Ugh, it's in the way of me getting out
I hate walking around this thing in the garage
Why don't you just get rid of this thing
etc, etc etc

Ultimately, that drove the end of some of my favorite cars. The 951, the C5, the e30 to an extent (though that one would have been tough because I had nowhere to put it at the time)
Yep. Sounds about right. On a more petty level, I got a Sonos sub for our bedroom movie setup... and guess what

“It’s in the way while I walk”
“Can’t we put it somewhere else “

It’s under my side of the bed now
Dat secret brown note while she's asleep :evilplan:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:dat:
Having the right car color helps, too.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:11 pm So if you people are curious... I did an OCI analysis on the taco. And I was right. No fucking way should oil stay in there for more than 3k miles at least from a factory fill perspective.
Really? I'm quite curious what you discovered.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:14 pm
Bright colors are the best, which is why cucktruck is damned near blue meanie blue.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:15 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:11 pm So if you people are curious... I did an OCI analysis on the taco. And I was right. No fucking way should oil stay in there for more than 3k miles at least from a factory fill perspective.
The lab is telling me to change in 5k miles for one. It is in my taco thread.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:17 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:15 pm
Thanks! VERY interesting.
wap

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:16 pm
wap wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:14 pm

Bright colors are the best, which is why cucktruck is damned near blue meanie blue.
I'm quite pleased with how clean the Blue Meanie looks from as close as 5 feet away. You should definitely have similar luck with the CT
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:22 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:17 pm

Thanks! VERY interesting.
NP I added my 405k mile crown vic as a reference point with 4x the miles on that oil. And.. yea.. I am glad I changed it.
max225

My thread on the tacomaworld forum is about to get locked because Cummins diesel mechanics chimed in and said that 25k miles on oil is fine and I’m :wrong:

See we’re not so bad in here are we
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:18 pm My thread on the tacomaworld forum is about to get locked because Cummins diesel mechanics chimed in and said that 25k miles on oil is fine and I’m :wrong:

I actually sent your tests to a Cummins test engineer (He works where Zilch used to, and remembers the FiST even) and he said you did the right thing, and that he also swaps out the assembly oil after just a couple thousand miles because he's seen, and tested the effects of not doing so.

That's the cliffs
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:18 pm My thread on the tacomaworld forum is about to get locked because Cummins diesel mechanics chimed in and said that 25k miles on oil is fine and I’m :wrong:

:popcorn:

I'm actually here to learn things and be proven wrong. This is a fantastic example. I'm legit :mindblown: and :impressive:

Curious what Fled had to say...
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:34 pm

I actually sent your tests to a Cummins test engineer (He works where Zilch used to, and remembers the FiST even) and he said you did the right thing, and that he also swaps out the assembly oil after just a couple thousand miles because he's seen, and tested the effects of not doing so.

That's the cliffs
10/4 happy to share with the class :)
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:40 pm

I'm actually here to learn things and be proven wrong. This is a fantastic example. I'm legit :mindblown: and :impressive:

I mean it is very unlikely that you will see damage catastrophic enough to kill an engine by 100k. After that no one keeps records and no one knows when things were changed on the truck. So it is unlikely that there would be solid evidence to point to an early oil change on the break in oil.

Just had another guy post one decent point. He did his first change at 4K and his metals were even worse than mine 30% worse matter of fact, which ironically coincides with 30% more miles !

Now he is at 40k and the metals are completely fine which is expected.

Overall it just seems worthwhile changing oil that looks like it has 50k miles on it at 3k IMO perhaps even sooner. My next car I will do at 1k and then resume normal intervals
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:51 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:40 pm

I mean it is very unlikely that you will see damage catastrophic enough to kill an engine by 100k. After that no one keeps records and no one knows when things were changed on the truck. So it is unlikely that there would be solid evidence to point to an early oil change on the break in oil.

Just had another guy post one decent point. He did his first change at 4K and his metals were even worse than mine 30% worse matter of fact, which ironically coincides with 30% more miles !

Now he is at 40k and the metals are completely fine which is expected.

Overall it just seems worthwhile changing oil that looks like it has 50k miles on it at 3k IMO perhaps even sooner. My next car I will do at 1k and then resume normal intervals
For a car you intend to hold onto long term, absolutely.
wap

Just came in from snow blowing another 3" of snow. It's 10F out and it's supposed to snow until midnight. This is turning out to be a rather :impressive: winter.