OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:29 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:27 pm

I dated one girl that looooved it but she was rather trashy and came from a Harley-Davidson owning family.
Present tense and maybe -3/4 years. If you go back far enough it’s new and shiny.
Yeah this was like 5-6 years ago maybe, shortly before meeting my now wife (who doesn't really care for the :poorvette: :lolol: ).
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Mine told people she loved the :poorvette: (I think to appear cool) but behind the scenes she hated the fact that it was a 3rd car and I got constant :sass: about it. After a while, it's just easier to give up. Cucklyfe
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I have support to own the Corvette, she just would rather take the Beep Beep everywhere that involves both of us. :aintcare:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:46 pm I have support to own the Corvette, she just would rather take the Beep Beep everywhere that involves both of us. :aintcare:
That's how it starts...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:51 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:46 pm I have support to own the Corvette, she just would rather take the Beep Beep everywhere that involves both of us. :aintcare:
That's how it starts...
Exactly ... good luck getting another C5 when 99% of time is spent in a Jeep. It would be seen as a selfish act of defiance.

Imagine her spending 20-50k on something that brings you 0 joy.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:53 pm
That's how it starts...
Exactly ... good luck getting another C5 when 99% of time is spent in a Jeep. It would be seen as a selfish act of defiance.

You're not new to this scenario I see...

It got worse with COVID because working from home, I never go anywhere by myself because there's no reason to. I can't even justify a 3rd car when it comes down to it. I have a hard time justifying keeping the JL, but it's paid for and she "loves it forever" so it's cheaper to keep in the long run I think. It's unquestionably nicer than the cucktruck, I'm just not :fuckyeah: on it because it's one of the most generic JL specs ever.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:29 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:28 pm

It did just fine. Just was a bit weird seeing someone drive their brand new $90k sports car through active snowstorms and such.
I think it's easier to justify spending that much on a car if it's going to be a primary car. Sometimes people baby cars too much for the sake of value.
My friend washes his GTI weekly, it looks great. It’s the cleanest sub $10,000 resale value MK7 GTI ever since his is a 2015 with over 100k miles.

He gets mad at me because I don’t. My GTI is dirty AF and I haven’t washed it in months. I told him that I don’t have the time or care for it since I don’t have a garage. What good is wasting 4-5 hours of a thorough wash weekly if the car is gonna get fucked by elements 24/7 after that? It’s dirty within days.

So I just :aintcare:

In general though, with more expensive cars, I am not a fan of people babying cars instead of enjoying them. That’s like having a girlfriend/wife and not doing anything crazy/sexual with her just because the guy that might come after cares about it.

Fuck that. If I had a money to blow on cars, I’d keep them moderately clean but I think patina and other things add to the character of the car. :iono:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

razr390 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:57 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:29 pm
I think it's easier to justify spending that much on a car if it's going to be a primary car. Sometimes people baby cars too much for the sake of value.
My friend washes his GTI weekly, it looks great. It’s the cleanest sub $10,000 resale value MK7 GTI ever since his is a 2015 with over 100k miles.

He gets mad at me because I don’t. My GTI is dirty AF and I haven’t washed it in months. I told him that I don’t have the time or care for it since I don’t have a garage. What good is wasting 4-5 hours of a thorough wash weekly if the car is gonna get fucked by elements 24/7 after that? It’s dirty within days.

In general though, with more expensive cars, I am not a fan of people babying cars instead of enjoying them. That’s like having a girlfriend/wife and not doing anything crazy/sexual with her just because the guy that might come after cares about it.

Fuck that. If I had a money to blow on cars, I’d keep them moderately clean but I think patina and other things add to the character of the car. :iono:
What if I told you that washing a car does more harm than good?! Especially every week :wtf:

On average people do stupid shit ... there is no denying that
razr390

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:29 pm
Tarspin wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:16 pm

Glad it wasn't you with the immovable object in front of you. :sweaty:

Gotta drive safe man, sometimes that cut in isn't worth it, especially with so many :derp: on the roads.
Absolutely, I don't go all in, I just pretty much gotta be assertive until theres someone else thats even more assertive, besides, it'll make me late for what 10 seconds? Just some people are entitled and that dude in particular seemed like he needed to prove something, like perfect, your 2005 rusty Elantra has good brakes and can accelerate fast 10-15-8-15 woooooo, not partaking on shenanigans to someone I don't even know. At the end, he got stuck being on the side of the road cause thats his choice, and I was close to giving up till he had to finally stop. :ohwell:
NoVA traffic taught you well. 495 and I-66
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:00 pm
razr390 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:57 pm

What if I told you that washing a car does more harm than good?! Especially every week :wtf:

He does a proper job (wax, seal, etc)His car looks amazing. It’s also garaged when not driven and whatnot.

But he’s also older than me and single. Doesn’t have many hobbies outside of it. Etc. ain’t nobody got his free time.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:57 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:53 pm

It got worse with COVID because working from home, I never go anywhere by myself because there's no reason to. I can't even justify a 3rd car when it comes down to it. I have a hard time justifying keeping the JL, but it's paid for and she "loves it forever" so it's cheaper to keep in the long run I think. It's unquestionably nicer than the cucktruck, I'm just not :fuckyeah: on it because it's one of the most generic JL specs ever.
Ideally I would want to get something to dick with but I don’t have the space and one of the vehicles would have to be parked outside. Also once something gets little use the fucking petty ass comments start...
Oh that thing is ugly
Is that ever going to get fixed
How much did the parts cost
Why is it taking up so much space
Can’t we move that outside
Are you ever going to enjoy it
I don’t like old cars
And on and on and on
razr390

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:43 pm Mine told people she loved the :poorvette: (I think to appear cool) but behind the scenes she hated the fact that it was a 3rd car and I got constant :sass: about it. After a while, it's just easier to give up. Cucklyfe
Tots and pears
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

That's how it starts...
Eh, I've had the Corvette for years, she doesn't really GAF.

Max's point is the worst/most true :doe: Things I want for myself (basically bikes/car shit) are "just for me" versus what she wants ( :pinshit: ) is "for both of us" even though I would be perfectly happy with the hand-me-down furniture/dishes and other :bs: I had forever. The house shit is 100% her thing outside of necessities. :ohwell: She has never really questioned any purchases/expenditures I make.
max225

razr390 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:03 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:00 pm

He does a proper job (wax, seal, etc)His car looks amazing. It’s also garaged when not driven and whatnot.

But he’s also older than me and single. Doesn’t have many hobbies outside of it. Etc. ain’t nobody got his free time.
There is no point in washing garaged cars weekly. They generally stay clean for about 2 months or so. Outside stuff :disgust:
razr390

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:03 pm

Ideally I would want to get something to dick with but I don’t have the space and one of the vehicles would have to be parked outside. Also once something gets little use the fucking petty ass comments start...
Oh that thing is ugly
I don’t like old cars
And on and on and on
That’s when you pull the “wow my step mom was right about you” card, get in the TRD Pro and drive for the hills.

:nuke:
max225

D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:04 pm
That's how it starts...

Max's point is the worst/most true :doe: Things I want for myself (basically bikes/car shit) are "just for me" versus what she wants ( :pinshit: ) is "for both of us" even though I would be perfectly happy with the hand-me-down furniture/dishes and other :bs: I had forever. The house shit is 100% her thing outside of necessities. :ohwell: She has never really questioned any purchases/expenditures I make.
She is not dumb.. you had the vette before her... the real fun is getting another one
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:04 pm
That's how it starts...

:dat: :dat: :dat:

Mine doesn't care about me spending money, she cares about me doing things for myself and not her too. That makes things really tough.
ChrisoftheNorth

Oh that thing is ugly
I don’t like old cars
And on and on and on
Why do you have that stupid thing
Ugh, it's in the way of me getting out
I hate walking around this thing in the garage
Why don't you just get rid of this thing
etc, etc etc

Ultimately, that drove the end of some of my favorite cars. The 951, the C5, the e30 to an extent (though that one would have been tough because I had nowhere to put it at the time)
ChrisoftheNorth

So I washed and waxed the JT back at the end of summer for fun. Then I didn't wash it again until last week.

Incredibly, water beaded off like the wax was still these. The thing has sat outside the entire time, yet somehow the wax seems to still be doing something. It cleaned up really nice...and I think it's because I wash it so infrequently.

There's a limit...years of not washing a vehicle sitting outside will take its toll on a number of trim pieces, and sometimes the paint. But washing weekly isn't helping either.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:08 pm

Oh that thing is ugly
I don’t like old cars
And on and on and on
etc, etc etc

Ultimately, that drove the end of some of my favorite cars. The 951, the C5, the e30 to an extent (though that one would have been tough because I had nowhere to put it at the time)
Yep. Sounds about right. On a more petty level, I got a Sonos sub for our bedroom movie setup... and guess what

“It’s in the way while I walk”
“Can’t we put it somewhere else “

It’s under my side of the bed now
razr390

I told :tits: I might trade the GTI for a cheaper more NFG car and she said

“Why, you love that thing!”

I don’t think this will last... however, we still have separate expenses and accounts and I do :pinshit: for her while keeping the car. She’s never complained about it except the bolstering on the seats because she’s gotten a little heavier post pregnancy and COVID. Also, “it’s too rough”. But oh whale
razr390

All hail the patriarchy
Last edited by razr390 on Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:10 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:08 pm
etc, etc etc

Yep. Sounds about right. On a more petty level, I got a Sonos sub for our bedroom movie setup... and guess what

Woa!

Mine actually loves spending on audio equipment oddly. We always have music going in the house, so it's important to her. She actually asked me to buy an Arc and Sub for the living room to go with the 120" projector screen and 4k projector SHE wanted :mindblown: .

And when the sub came, she commented that it "looks really pretty" and suggested multiple places for it.

I can pretty much spend whatever I want on home entertainment stuff...she just wants it to not look offensive. I'm the cheapass, I struggled with the Arc and Sub purchase personally. Sounds excellent :doe:
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:15 pm I told :tits: I might trade the GTI for a cheaper more NFG car and she said

“Why, you love that thing!”

I don’t think this will last... however, we still have separate expenses and accounts and I do :pinshit: for her while keeping the car. She’s never complained about it except the bolstering on the seats because she’s gotten a little heavier post pregnancy and COVID. Also, “it’s too rough”. But oh whale
She might not care if she still has something she likes to ride in. Mine DGAF until it gets to be a burden and to her, that's a 3rd vehicle.

Unfortunately, we use a truck as a tool too much to not have one, so that becomes my one and only vehicle :|

If I could go back in time to when she LOVED test driving the Ram, I would have just gotten her that and not let her test a JL. I was sick of her :plac: shit and wanted to be sure that what we got we'd keep. I got my wish with the JL, but I didn't realize it was going to screw me. Oh well, there's other things to focus on rather than lighting 4-5 figures on fire with car purchases.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:17 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:10 pm

Woa!

Mine actually loves spending on audio equipment oddly. We always have music going in the house, so it's important to her. She actually asked me to buy an Arc and Sub for the living room to go with the 120" projector screen and 4k projector SHE wanted :mindblown: .

And when the sub came, she commented that it "looks really pretty" and suggested multiple places for it.

I can pretty much spend whatever I want on home entertainment stuff...she just wants it to not look offensive. I'm the cheapass, I struggled with the Arc and Sub purchase personally. Sounds excellent :doe:
I'm considering an ARC for MX. How does it sound?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.