OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:08 pm
wap wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:57 am

Right. I said to :tits: yesterday that I hoped the EV's didn't have far to go because they weren't getting anywhere near their usual range.
But them Stelvios :doe: :impressive:
Stelvio is the SUV..they're built for that!
Italian :doe:
Historically anything Italian was not known to like bitter cold weather or be a good winter mobile.
Though, I suppose they've gotten better in recent years.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Huckleberry wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:15 pm
wap wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:14 am Also, forgot to mention, when I was out driving yesterday I saw a Volt, 2 Stelvios, a couple of Teslas, and my first Taycan. Neither of which I'd really expect to see out and about in 3F temps.
:impressive:
Back when the GT-R was brand new, there was one guy who bought one as a daily. I remember seeing it cruising around with 6" of snow on the ground.
:neat: I'd :doit: too, 0FG.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

wap wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:33 pm
Historically anything Italian was not known to like bitter cold weather or be a good winter mobile.
I think they have the same powertrain as my :jeep: :lolol:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

We were in Germany for Christmas when the Stelvio was just coming out here and they were for sale in Europe for a little while. We were following one on our way to Munich during an :impressive: snow storm. That thing was a beast, but my little poverty Polo rental kept up just fine. :lolol:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:34 pm
Very similar, yep.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:34 pm
:doomed: :lolol:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:27 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:19 pm So I experienced my first Istanbul road rage. There wasn't any physical altercations involved (thank god for that), I was trying to freaking merge and I ain't no driving miss daisy, most people here seems to be :aintcare: nowadays, so gotten used to that. Anyway, I saw a bus hogging my lane for the stop, we're only moving probably 10 mph at most, I saw a beat up hyundai kept lurching on the taxis ass (not to mention, wot into it), so I won't go in, I was already proceeding towards his lane (in here you don't wait, you pretty much force your way there). Our mirrors were literally half an inch, the dudebro looked at me simultaneously BAM rear ended the taxi :hue: I called him out followed by some harsh cussing in turkish for being such a dick (where my american dialect kicked in) and dipped. At that point, I was pissed and I ended up becoming an asshat driver for good 10 seconds.

Rant over and have a wonderful day folks :gay:
Sounds like you're lucky to be out of there sans any vehicle damage! Driving in big, dense, urban cities is pretty meh :doe: , sounds like driving in NYC. It was almost easier there in the Bang Bus because with a big :truk: you just force your way wherever.
Well Istanbul is basically like 80% NYC when it comes to driving. Basically think of Italy with more aggressive drivers here and there, cab drivers, cargo vans being the worst (I always back off from those when they try to bottleneck me). One thing Ive noticed so far is people don't do 0-20 or 30 here off the lights (I usually end up being faster off the line when though I was driving "normally"), probably cause a lot of cars are :manuel: though the cars are actually capable, only some few bad apples would for shits and giggles.

Driving is Istanbul is kind of like driving with drunk drivers, half the drivers keep driving in their lane while others basically drive 2 lanes at the same time obliviously (ie. on ramps, one lane ramps technically becomes "2 lanes" when theres heavy traffic). Also it's way more involving even when driving below 40 mph, which I like but there are some cons that come in here and there.

In roundabouts and the like, you kind of have to observe other drivers to make a decision whether you yield or not. I could've gone at him with the Hyundai, but that said he might have a gun or tire iron, plus I don't wanna damage the car, which has still been flawless cosmetically knock on wood. But man talk about :alpo: for rear ending the car in front of him when the cabbie was hogging him, got a nice open spot and zooom.

I'll post a timelapse video via gopro for my commute to somewhere on here.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:25 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:19 pm So I experienced my first Istanbul road rage. There wasn't any physical altercations involved (thank god for that), I was trying to freaking merge and I ain't no driving miss daisy, most people here seems to be :aintcare: nowadays, so gotten used to that. Anyway, I saw a bus hogging my lane for the stop, we're only moving probably 10 mph at most, I saw a beat up hyundai kept lurching on the taxis ass (not to mention, wot into it), so I won't go in, I was already proceeding towards his lane (in here you don't wait, you pretty much force your way there). Our mirrors were literally half an inch, the dudebro looked at me simultaneously BAM rear ended the taxi :hue: I called him out followed by some harsh cussing in turkish for being such a dick (where my american dialect kicked in) and dipped. At that point, I was pissed and I ended up becoming an asshat driver for good 10 seconds.

Rant over and have a wonderful day folks :gay:
:jesus: 'cwith lol
:dat: it was pure :alpo: when the dumbass rearended.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:29 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:28 pm

It did just fine. Just was a bit weird seeing someone drive their brand new $90k sports car through active snowstorms and such.
I think it's easier to justify spending that much on a car if it's going to be a primary car. Sometimes people baby cars too much for the sake of value.
I agree. It's just a rare sight to see a near-$100k sports car traversing through snow. People barely take their $100k Escalades out in the rain.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:08 pm
Tarspin wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:25 pm

:jesus: 'cwith lol
Glad it wasn't you with the immovable object in front of you. :sweaty:

Gotta drive safe man, sometimes that cut in isn't worth it, especially with so many :derp: on the roads.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Huckleberry wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:28 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:24 pm
With snow tires, it would probably do just fine.
It did just fine. Just was a bit weird seeing someone drive their brand new $90k sports car through active snowstorms and such.
Yea I think there are proper vehicles for that. Sure you can drive an F1 car through the desert also, but you can use a land cruiser and be 1000x more
Comfortable
max225

D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:28 pm I am struggling to get my ass in gear today...
Yep same, we got the day off, but my back is hurting ... 2/7 pain that’s constant while not bad I don’t get :wtf: happened. And no it wasn’t the enormous weight of my balls that broke it, since I used the new taco and not old for last nights festivities
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:01 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:27 pm

Sounds like you're lucky to be out of there sans any vehicle damage! Driving in big, dense, urban cities is pretty meh :doe: , sounds like driving in NYC. It was almost easier there in the Bang Bus because with a big :truk: you just force your way wherever.
Well Istanbul is basically like 80% NYC when it comes to driving. Basically think of Italy with more aggressive drivers here and there, cab drivers, cargo vans being the worst (I always back off from those when they try to bottleneck me). One thing Ive noticed so far is people don't do 0-20 or 30 here off the lights (I usually end up being faster off the line when though I was driving "normally"), probably cause a lot of cars are :manuel: though the cars are actually capable, only some few bad apples would for shits and giggles.

Driving is Istanbul is kind of like driving with drunk drivers, half the drivers keep driving in their lane while others basically drive 2 lanes at the same time obliviously (ie. on ramps, one lane ramps technically becomes "2 lanes" when theres heavy traffic). Also it's way more involving even when driving below 40 mph, which I like but there are some cons that come in here and there.

In roundabouts and the like, you kind of have to observe other drivers to make a decision whether you yield or not. I could've gone at him with the Hyundai, but that said he might have a gun or tire iron, plus I don't wanna damage the car, which has still been flawless cosmetically knock on wood. But man talk about :alpo: for rear ending the car in front of him when the cabbie was hogging him, got a nice open spot and zooom.

I'll post a timelapse video via gopro for my commute to somewhere on here.
Yea I have driven in some lovely countries as well, would love to see how it compares.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:28 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:28 pm I am struggling to get my ass in gear today...
Yep same, we got the day off, but my back is hurting ... 2/7 pain that’s constant while not bad I don’t get :wtf: happened. And no it wasn’t the enormous weight of my balls that broke it, since I used the new taco and not old for last nights festivities
Major cuck move there brah. Perhaps YOU own the cucktruck.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Cucktruck Mk. II
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:30 pm

:impressive: :notwrong:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

We were supposed to be watching the SB at our neighbor's place, they have an outdoor TV setup. It would've been fun, they are pretty cool people, but the dude found out he was exposed to the 'VID yesterday morning, so we :nope: out. I'm glad he was forthright about all of that though.

I ended up watching through the half time show and then going to bed. We treated ourselves to some take out BBQ which was 5/7 and I had like 3/4 a bottle of wine which was :notbad: (too lazy to go buy beer).

Today is :tits: birthday so we are going to some wine bar/small plates place tonight that has an outdoor patio with heaters. I am not really a "small plates" guy, but should be nice to get out of the house for a change. I have been "out to eat" yet in 2021. FOrtunately it will be a decent low 50s temp.
wap

:ohdang:
max225

Since when was this a disputed statement? The only non cucktrucks are the raptor and trx. With an honorable mention with anything that has 6 wheels. The rest of us warship our lady friends and let them run our lives
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:18 pm

Since when was this a disputed statement? The only non cucktrucks are the raptor and trx. With an honorable mention with anything that has 6 wheels. The rest of us warship our lady friends and let them run our lives
If this is the metric, my shitty old :poorvette: is decidedly not cuck-y. I won't pretend :tits: isn't running the show :doe:
max225

D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:24 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:18 pm

If this is the metric, my shitty old :poorvette: is decidedly not cuck-y. I won't pretend :tits: isn't running the show :doe:
A C5 is Not cucky, I have yet to meet a female that actually likes it. Unlike Porsche’s ... post 2006 of course
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:26 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:24 pm

A C5 is Not cucky, I have yet to meet a female that actually likes it. Unlike Porsche’s ... post 2006 of course
I dated one girl that looooved it but she was rather trashy and came from a Harley-Davidson owning family.
max225

D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:27 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:26 pm

I dated one girl that looooved it but she was rather trashy and came from a Harley-Davidson owning family.
Present tense and maybe -3/4 years. If you go back far enough it’s new and shiny.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:16 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:08 pm

Glad it wasn't you with the immovable object in front of you. :sweaty:

Gotta drive safe man, sometimes that cut in isn't worth it, especially with so many :derp: on the roads.
Absolutely, I don't go all in, I just pretty much gotta be assertive until theres someone else thats even more assertive, besides, it'll make me late for what 10 seconds? Just some people are entitled and that dude in particular seemed like he needed to prove something, like perfect, your 2005 rusty Elantra has good brakes and can accelerate fast 10-15-8-15 woooooo, not partaking on shenanigans to someone I don't even know. At the end, he got stuck being on the side of the road cause thats his choice, and I was close to giving up till he had to finally stop. :ohwell: