Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:38 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:31 pm

She shut it down... “you’re giving me anxiety “ :tits:
:wat: :whocares: what car you take to a party? There are bigger things to stress about

I had no idea the super bowl was today. :lolol:
Nah I mean taking the soggy taco would be making a statement. I think it’s the shittiest car on this forum.

I haven’t watched a single game this season :aintcare:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:tits: therapy means we all have a shared note between phones that we can update. We set daily goals just to get shit done and cross it off. 5/7 plan. We have been so productive today.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

razr390 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:53 pm :tits: therapy means we all have a shared note between phones that we can update. We set daily goals just to get shit done and cross it off. 5/7 plan. We have been so productive today.
:fuckyeah: nice work! That's a great way to stay accountable to one another.

I did jack shit yesterday, so I'm trying to make up for that today.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:09 pm
razr390 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:53 pm :tits: therapy means we all have a shared note between phones that we can update. We set daily goals just to get shit done and cross it off. 5/7 plan. We have been so productive today.

Yeah. Tbh, it’s mostly her. Her depression makes her not want to do anything. She doesn’t tell me about her therapy sessions or what’s discussed (and frankly it’s none of my business) but she drops hints casually like “oh let’s to go the park! My therapist said I should initiate things to do more often.”

I just got done doing a grocery run, :baby: is still napping, and we had some Taco Bell for lunch but now she went to go get some arts and crafts shit from Michael’s and some pictures we printed so she can have a physical photo album.

I like seeing her just go out and do stuff. For so long she’s been a homebody and pregnancy/baby/post party hormones have kept her more introverted.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

Detroit wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:26 pm Winter is here finally. Hit 7 degrees high so far today, and the temps dropped so fast that the lake is steaming and creating snow...it's fascinating to watch.

Of course I realized that beebeep hasn't moved in over two weeks, so decided to take that out to run some errands so the battery doesn't die. Realized that I never got a garage door opener, so of course 7 degree day is the day to do that right? Notice the chain for the opener has slack, so tighten that too right? Couldn't have done this when it was above freezing last week, nope waited until today. At least it's done.

Not using salt on the roads is quite something...it's a slippery mess and people just deal. I thought I could be a big man and go in 2WD, then got stuck in an intersection turning left, so 4WD will probably stay engaged for... a while.

FWD cars don't care, but RWD is pretty danged worthless in this weather.
Snow pics are appreciated. Curious what state the roads are in (just a pic of the roads)
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:20 pm
Detroit wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:09 pm

Yeah. Tbh, it’s mostly her. Her depression makes her not want to do anything. She doesn’t tell me about her therapy sessions or what’s discussed (and frankly it’s none of my business) but she drops hints casually like “oh let’s to go the park! My therapist said I should initiate things to do more often.”

I just got done doing a grocery run, :baby: is still napping, and we had some Taco Bell for lunch but now she went to go get some arts and crafts shit from Michael’s and some pictures we printed so she can have a physical photo album.

I like seeing her just go out and do stuff. For so long she’s been a homebody and pregnancy/baby/post party hormones have kept her more introverted.
Depression is impacting all :tits: right now, I can't imagine how bad it would be adding other causal factors on top of that...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:51 pm
razr390 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:20 pm

Depression is impacting all :tits: right now, I can't imagine how bad it would be adding other causal factors on top of that...
Mine loves this at home shit. She is 100% in her element. I'm the one crying daily and trying to waste money on cars and waiting on everything to open up.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:26 pm
Detroit wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:26 pm Winter is here finally. Hit 7 degrees high so far today, and the temps dropped so fast that the lake is steaming and creating snow...it's fascinating to watch.

Of course I realized that beebeep hasn't moved in over two weeks, so decided to take that out to run some errands so the battery doesn't die. Realized that I never got a garage door opener, so of course 7 degree day is the day to do that right? Notice the chain for the opener has slack, so tighten that too right? Couldn't have done this when it was above freezing last week, nope waited until today. At least it's done.

Not using salt on the roads is quite something...it's a slippery mess and people just deal. I thought I could be a big man and go in 2WD, then got stuck in an intersection turning left, so 4WD will probably stay engaged for... a while.

Snow pics are appreciated. Curious what state the roads are in (just a pic of the roads)
Leaving the house...

This is our neighborhood road AFTER the plow came through. All roads around here including main ones look like this. They don't use much salt and they don't scrape down to the road, I assume to save the road a bit?

I cleared the entire circle driveway with my single stage ego snowblower. It's a hell of a workout, and it ends up looking surprisingly :notbad:
Buck buck chilling literally...
max225

I love the white stuff :like:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:47 pm
Detroit wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:38 pm
:wat: :whocares: what car you take to a party? There are bigger things to stress about

I had no idea the super bowl was today. :lolol:
Nah I mean taking the soggy taco would be making a statement. I think it’s the shittiest car on this forum.

I haven’t watched a single game this season :aintcare:
The shitty 🌮 definitely gets my vote :lolol:

We were going to watch the bowl in our neighbor’s backyard but apparently the dude was exposed to the vid so I guess I’ll fall asleep to it here at the house.

:aintcare:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:56 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:26 pm

Leaving the house...

This is our neighborhood road AFTER the plow came through. All roads around here including main ones look like this. They don't use much salt and they don't scrape down to the road, I assume to save the road a bit?

I cleared the entire circle driveway with my single stage ego snowblower. It's a hell of a workout, and it ends up looking surprisingly :notbad:
I wanna move in...
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:58 pm I love the white stuff :like:
Same!
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:03 pm
Detroit wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:56 pm
Leaving the house...

I wanna move in...
Traverse City is seriously one of my favorite places in the world.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Detroit wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:56 pm Leaving the house...

Love it. :like:

It’s weird to say, but Indianapolis doesn’t have enough winter for me. It’s just cold and gray most of the time instead of being cold enough to have the frozen ponds for weeks at a time and the snow of my childhood in Fort Wayne that made winter so much fun. Looks beautiful. :wub:
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Forester

max225 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:18 pm
09vdubgti wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:23 pm Image

Cheers!
You in a strip club ?!

Ah simpler times
lol nah
I have LED strip around my window border

wait so i guess it is a strip club of sort lol
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Woke up to -2F this morning, :yikes:
It eventually got up to around 6F when we went to visit my mom today, before coming home to shovel last night's 2" snow fall. Shoveling by hand is enough of a workout that I actually changed to a lighter jacket because I was getting too hot with my uber Polish sweater. After being out there for a little over an hour I was pretty :sweaty: , even though it was down to 4F when I finished.
:impressive:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:27 pm

It’s weird to say, but Indianapolis doesn’t have enough winter for me. It’s just cold and gray most of the time instead of being cold enough to have the frozen ponds for weeks at a time and the snow of my childhood in Fort Wayne that made winter so much fun. Looks beautiful. :wub:
The middle ground is kind of :disgust:

Lots of snow + sunshine is cool, mild temps + sunshine is nice, gray with cold rain is pretty :disgust:

That has been the past few weeks here :disappoint:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

09vdubgti wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:49 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:18 pm

You in a strip club ?!

Ah simpler times
lol nah
I have LED strip around my window border

wait so i guess it is a strip club of sort lol
:lolol: :hue:
ChrisoftheNorth

coogles wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:27 pm

It a large part of why I hated Detroit. Winter was just cold (20) and gray and minimal snow. If it's going to be cold, at least give me snow! We've had very little this year, neighbors tell me we should have at least double of what you see on the ground.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:57 pm

It eventually got up to around 6F when we went to visit my mom today, before coming home to shovel last night's 2" snow fall. Shoveling by hand is enough of a workout that I actually changed to a lighter jacket because I was getting too hot with my uber Polish sweater. After being out there for a little over an hour I was pretty :sweaty: , even though it was down to 4F when I finished.
I cleared ~2" yesterday too, did it in in a hoodie because I knew I'd be sweating within 5 minutes. Weird to be outside in just a hoodie when it's 6 degrees, but it works when working so hard.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

5/7 'cabin in the woods' setup, you can tell that neighbors exist but don't really have to see them unless they happen to pass by on the way to the main road.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Detroit wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:42 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:58 pm I love the white stuff :like:
Same!
Me too!

4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Kids are back to school today, feels good to have my own adult time between 9 am and 3 pm. I was chasing this vision robot programming gig until about Wednesday, then finally that night we recalibrated the laser cameras for the problem child body style and things went completely radio silent. Not a peep from the customer, which is always the way (no news=good news). I was contemplating following up with staff at the plant, but am hoping that their lack of communication is the 'Greatest Compliment' type thing.

If things stay chill this week, I'll get to unwind mentally and physically and hopefully build up the desire to do things around the house that I've been meaning to tackle. For now, I do the bare minimum.

ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:09 am 5/7 'cabin in the woods' setup, you can tell that neighbors exist but don't really have to see them unless they happen to pass by on the way to the main road.
We're the only house on our cul de sac, so we almost never get traffic...but when we do we have no real idea because the house is built into the hill, so we have no direct view of the street except for some small windows in the tower. Our entire property is basically the top of a bluff and the only neighbor we can see is the house down the hill from us, and even then we only see it when outside or in the tower. The lady that lives there is super chill, so that's awesome.

All houses in our neighborhood are on a minimum 1.5 acre lot (most more, we're on 1.8) and our HOA is restrictive with cutting down trees to maintain woody privacy. This is actually the first HOA I've ever been able to agree with because the goal is to keep the neighborhood natural feeling, which I support 100% (plus it pays for a bunch of maintenance including the snow removal, brush removal, and waterfront including the boat slips). We had some friends come over and scoff at the fact that we're in an HOA and the "ridiculous" $800/year dues. Then not 5 minutes later they started complaining about their neighbor that turned their backyard into a junkyard. Um, that's what the HOA is for.

Overall, I've never been happier in a place.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:24 am
wap wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:57 pm

I cleared ~2" yesterday too, did it in in a hoodie because I knew I'd be sweating within 5 minutes. Weird to be outside in just a hoodie when it's 6 degrees, but it works when working so hard.
I usually bundle up and then peel the layers back as needed. I have some fleece-lined jeans that are straight :muah: in the cold.