Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Forester

wap wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:22 pm
09vdubgti wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:43 pm

:lol: :lol:

Sea Salt spray hahah...yea you know when you go to the beach and your hair afterwards appears thicker and fuller. Well the spray does similar affect, just makes it look like it has more volume. haha..im trying
Oh, so there's no claims that it'll grow hair. It just makes what you have look fuller. Got it.

I'm very lucky in that even in my advanced age my hairline has not receded at all yet. But if/when it does, I'm not gonna stress about it. :aintcare:
Ha...

Yea my friends say I am overreacting lol
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Forester

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:12 am
09vdubgti wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:46 pm [user not found], you still doing car dealer work? Or anyone here I guess in general.

I leased my Subaru and lease is up...so I messed up or what not, and maybe enjoyed the car a tad bit more than we had agreed on; mileage wise. (36k miles, car currently has 59.7k LOL)

So the dealer called me and said I could go to the dealership to buy out the car there and they would handle also registration and stuff. However I was also told I could also just do it through my bank (Chase) which handles the lease RN.

Any benefits with going through the dealer? Or should I go through the bank? Also is there any negotiation factors I could possibly do here? Thnx
You can do it all through Chase if you want, and avoid the dealer rape.

As for me, 2020 was not a good year, and 2021 is off to a rough start. Technically unemployed and I’m on my 4th week without unemployment while NJ spins on their thumb and sorts out their outdated unemployment system.

I’m simply not willing to go catch Covid for a paycheck.
Sorry to hear about that man, we're on a similar boat then. I completely agree with you though on the potential exposure. The second half of 2020 was horrible,

Thanks for the advice, I was wondering what they would get out of it, I'll just go through chase then.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

09vdubgti wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:23 pm Also, I still have a bunch of OEM VW parts just using up space in the garage. I miss my MKV gti. The 7 was cool too but idk there was something about the 5.
Funny you mention this, I was just thinking yesterday that I miss my MKV too. Tornado Red 2 door with no options, the car felt special for some reason.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Drank too much last night. Woops :gag:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

09vdubgti wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:46 pm [user not found], you still doing car dealer work? Or anyone here I guess in general.

I leased my Subaru and lease is up...so I messed up or what not, and maybe enjoyed the car a tad bit more than we had agreed on; mileage wise. (36k miles, car currently has 59.7k LOL)

So the dealer called me and said I could go to the dealership to buy out the car there and they would handle also registration and stuff. However I was also told I could also just do it through my bank (Chase) which handles the lease RN.

Any benefits with going through the dealer? Or should I go through the bank? Also is there any negotiation factors I could possibly do here? Thnx
Welcome back man!

I do think buying out the car is likely your best bet. I believe that buyout price is normally set up front in negotiations when you lease the car, so I doubt they will budge on price now. You don't have much room to negotiate from as you will either have to buy the car or pay a large amount on overage miles.

Financing wise, you could get a loan quote from Chase for the buy out amount and see what kind of rate they offer you, bring that to the :dillerman: and see if they can beat it. In my experience car dealers have always been able to get me better rates than I could on my own.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

09vdubgti wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:14 am
wap wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:22 pm

Oh, so there's no claims that it'll grow hair. It just makes what you have look fuller. Got it.

I'm very lucky in that even in my advanced age my hairline has not receded at all yet. But if/when it does, I'm not gonna stress about it. :aintcare:
Ha...

Yea my friends say I am overreacting lol
Dude, I started balding at like 19 :lolol: I started Rogaine Foam a year or two after that in college, and here I am about to turn 32, and while my hair is definitely thin, it's still there. The Rogaine works. If you care about your hair, it's worth the $15/month. That said, I kind of want to stop using it at this point and just buzz my head and be done with it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:13 am Drank too much last night. Woops :gag:
:gag: I did Saturday and it wasn't great.

I don't recall if I mentioned this, but after yours and Eric's feedback, I decided to say fuck dry January. I ended up going weeks one and two with zero booze, week three with 3-5 drinks, week four, well, everything out the window and I drank 10+ drinks in one day.

:ohwell:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:48 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:13 am Drank too much last night. Woops :gag:

I don't recall if I mentioned this, but after yours and Eric's feedback, I decided to say fuck dry January. I ended up going weeks one and two with zero booze, week three with 3-5 drinks, week four, well, everything out the window and I drank 10+ drinks in one day.

:impressive:

I don't really get the whole "dry XX Month" thing. :butwhy:

That said, I am trying to cut my consumption in general. I got in a bad habit of drinking out of boredom, and that's bad. Now, I make sure to only drink when I want a specific taste. Like yesterday I REALLY wanted a dirty martini, so I made 1...then another. Then I really wanted soda with whiskey, so I made one, then another. Doubling up was the mistake, but whatever...I drank because I wanted to taste the drinks, getting drunk was a side effect. I feel like that separates me from the alcoholics...I didn't drink at all Sunday and Monday, just didn't want to.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:12 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:48 am

That said, I am trying to cut my consumption in general. I got in a bad habit of drinking out of boredom, and that's bad. Now, I make sure to only drink when I want a specific taste. Like yesterday I REALLY wanted a dirty martini, so I made 1...then another. Then I really wanted soda with whiskey, so I made one, then another. Doubling up was the mistake, but whatever...I drank because I wanted to taste the drinks, getting drunk was a side effect. I feel like that separates me from the alcoholics...I didn't drink at all Sunday and Monday, just didn't want to.
My issue is weight... I lost 25lbs from last march to june. By not drinking and eating right... then I GAINED 35lbs since... Fucking insane. I have no idea how I am going full Christian bale on this one.

Now I am back to not eating/drinking... down 6... fuckin a.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:23 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:12 am

My issue is weight... I lost 25lbs from last march to june. By not drinking and eating right... then I GAINED 35lbs since... Fucking insane. I have no idea how I am going full Christian bale on this one.

Sometimes I swear we're the same person. I was on a similar trajectory, lost ~40 lbs from March to November. Didn't change much, but the holidays bloated me right back up. Heading back in the right direction by starving myself and exercising since Jan 1, so that's good? Sucks to be hungry all the time, but good.

Dirty martinis have almost no calories in them. And my soda and whiskey is made with Zevia soda 0 cal, just the whiskey which indeed is >0. I don't drink beer or cider at all anymore and try to keep wine to a minimum. Those are the high calorie bloaters.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:29 am

Sometimes I swear we're the same person. I was on a similar trajectory, lost ~40 lbs from March to November. Didn't change much, but the holidays bloated me right back up. Heading back in the right direction by starving myself and exercising since Jan 1, so that's good? Sucks to be hungry all the time, but good.

Dirty martinis have almost no calories in them. And my soda and whiskey is made with Zevia soda 0 cal, just the whiskey which indeed is >0. I don't drink beer or cider at all anymore and try to keep wine to a minimum.
1 shot of vodka is like 100cals... It certainly gets converted to energy. I almost never drink anything with carbs/sugar ever. But still... no winning. It's like a light switch. Booze=Weight :(
Last edited by max225 on Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:31 am

Dirty martinis have almost no calories in them. And my soda and whiskey is made with Zevia soda 0 cal, just the whiskey which indeed is >0. I don't drink beer or cider at all anymore and try to keep wine to a minimum.
1 shot of vodka is like 100cals... It certainly gets converted to energy. I almost never drink anything with carbs/sugar ever. But still... no winning. It's like a light swith. Booze=Weight :(
A lot of it is water weight because booze makes you retain water. Which is why I don't step on the scale anymore and just use visual/clothes fitment as a gauge of fat.

When I drink, I eat a bit less to accommodate. I probably consumed ~400 cals between my 4 drinks last night, which is WAY better than 4 IPAs or something.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:35 am

1 shot of vodka is like 100cals... It certainly gets converted to energy. I almost never drink anything with carbs/sugar ever. But still... no winning. It's like a light swith. Booze=Weight :(
A lot of it is water weight because booze makes you retain water. Which is why I don't step on the scale anymore and just use visual/clothes fitment as a gauge of fat.

When I drink, I eat a bit less to accommodate. I probably consumed ~400 cals between my 4 drinks last night, which is WAY better than 4 IPAs or something.
Yea 4IPAs is a solid 800 cals :disgust:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:36 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:35 am

Yea 4IPAs is a solid 800 cals :disgust:
Yep, so I just don't drink beer anymore. I do feel better.
ChrisoftheNorth

A weird thing happened when I reduced my beer intake...my system HATES beer now. If I have more than 2 of anything higher ABV (like IPAs) in a night, I wake up with terrible heartburn and indigestion for the entirety of the day after.

It's probably for the better, but I do miss beer a bit. I like the way it tastes.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:04 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:03 am A weird thing happened when I reduced my beer intake...my system HATES beer now. If I have more than 2 of anything higher ABV (like IPAs) in a night, I wake up with terrible heartburn and indigestion for the entirety of the day after.

It's probably for the better, but I do miss beer a bit. I like the way it tastes.
I usually split a beer (16 oz can) with the wife these days. One beer in the evening and I'm asleep anymore.
Oh wow. I don't get sleepy with booze yet.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Dirty martinis have almost no calories in them. And my soda and whiskey is made with Zevia soda 0 cal, just the whiskey which indeed is >0. I don't drink beer or cider at all anymore and try to keep wine to a minimum. Those are the high calorie bloaters.
:mahtroy:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

1 shot of vodka is like 100cals... It certainly gets converted to energy. I almost never drink anything with carbs/sugar ever. But still... no winning. It's like a light switch. Booze=Weight :(
Yep. Headed to MX tomorrow and I'm bringing my fking SCALE. 212/213 seems to be the thin red line when I am drinking and I'm ready to blow through that and see that magic 1 as a starting weight number. Also throwing the Total Gym in the Brahhoe. Brought it last time and keeping regular/on the routine/avoiding any semblance of vacation mode is key.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:24 am

RIP

It's the only thing that works for me right now when physical activity is limited.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:28 am
wap wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:24 am
RIP

It's the only thing that works for me right now when physical activity is limited.
It is 80% diet... every time.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:33 am
RIP

It is 80% diet... every time.
Indeed. But for some reason I eat really clean/well and still the only way to drop fat is to starve myself. Whatever.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:34 am
RIP

Next step is abandoning DFD in a cold bicycle-powered rage.
:lolol: I won't be doing that.
Desertbreh

RIP

For absolutely no reason.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

RIP

:ohdang: I missed that.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

wap wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:09 pm
09vdubgti wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:01 pm

Hey, as long as you have your health, thats what matters the most I'd say.

TBH, I am in the exact same situation, not much to do, no where really to go. Everything is closed or seems to be at least. I am taking a quick one night trip for a friends bday this Friday down to Florida. Itll be the first time I leave and actually go somewhere since like last February. We were able to get a camp spot down there, we're more or less just gonna be on our own.

Man, I turned 30 in July, and it seems like as soon as I turned 30. Poof my body's warranty expired, lol. I caught the Absolute worst case of sciatica in my lower back. I couldnt do ANYTHING. It hurt to sit, it hurt to lay down and sleep. Only way I was okay was just standing, and standing all day SUCKS haha. But its gotten better I could sit down now at least and just going to PT and stuff. And now the worst part, my head hair started thinning haha *internally cries*

However besides that, Im okay-ish just trying to deal with everything. Which I think we all are.
:word:
Back issues SUCK, but if you think your body starts to hate you at 30, just wait a couple decades. :disgust: :wap:

And bald is sexy. Look at :sawce: ! :lol:
:wub:

The initial embrace of buzzing/shaving your head is hard, but now that I’m used to it I much prefer it to having hair.