Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:14 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:13 am
:impressive: desert winter.

20 degrees here this morning.
27 here when I woke up. About 30 now.

Got about 4" of snow so far and it's still coming down at a decent clip. Snow-blew my driveway before leaving for work this morning and will most likely have to do it again when I get home.
:jelly:

We don't even have 2" on the ground right now. Got a bit of lake effect this morning, but nothing more than a dusting.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

We got some flurries in San Antonio a few weeks ago. Only one day and melted on impact but still insane to see

:thisisfine: climate
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:00 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:16 am
The way mental health is treated in this country is an embarrassment. There are so many benefits from mental health treatment that bleed into physical health, it's crazy. Drug abuse, obesity, and as you mentioned social issues like homelessness could probably all be drastically reduced with better mental health care.

And it's awesome to hear you figured out a way to get your wife in. It's worked wonders for us so far, we probably need to find someone to talk to again soon. Mental health is something you need to maintain, just like physical health.
Ignoring the mental health needs of the masses just keeps the poors where they want them. Beneath them.

Can't be giving anyone any free bootstraps these days, buckaroo.
Not wrong either tho. You want therapy?
Insurance won’t cover it. Even the best plans.

Therapy/Counseling? $150/hr

Psychiatrist? $300/hr
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

razr390 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:23 pm

Ignoring the mental health needs of the masses just keeps the poors where they want them. Beneath them.

Psychiatrist? $300/hr
This country has always been a survival of the fittest race to the finish line. Ruthless AF.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Psychiatrist? $300/hr
We went to marriage counseling and it was covered by wife's insurance... mine covers no such things (or really anything, it is literally just pumping money into the machine with zero return).
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:54 am
D Griff wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:36 am

I have this automation programming training 10-6 this week plus trying to close out my month strong and actually make some decent commission for the first time in a while... so not much time for anything outside of work :disappoint:

The training is surprisingly interesting/engaging for being remote :doe: at least.
Interesting/engaging work training? :mindblown:
It's nothing HR related and rather learning how to program automation systems. It isn't hard but at least mentally stimulating compared to doing the same fucking thing every other day.

I'll take it.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:10 pm

Psychiatrist? $300/hr
We went to marriage counseling and it was covered by wife's insurance... mine covers no such things (or really anything, it is literally just pumping money into the machine with zero return).
I had garbage insurance when I saw my therapist for 2 years, it claimed to cover nothing, but they had this suicide prevention line you could call if things were dire. I was in a really bad place (not suicidal :doe: ), and just making the initial appointment was tough. Once I got there, I told her at the end that I really wanted to work with her, but that I don't make much so instead of her 2x/week suggestion, maybe just once per month. She said she thought it was important and assured me her office would work with me.

Sure enough, they managed to do something with my insurance to get a bit covered, and I just had to pay $50/visit (which was 45 minutes). I saw her 2x/week for the first month, then 1x/week after. It was without a doubt the best money I've ever spent.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:11 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:54 am
Interesting/engaging work training? :mindblown:
It's nothing HR related and rather learning how to program automation systems. It isn't hard but at least mentally stimulating compared to doing the same fucking thing every other day.

I'll take it.
:notbad:

I'd love to learn things that actually apply to my job or advance my general knowledge of stuff.
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Forester

Hey everyone, happy belated Holidays, and New Years!!!

Hoping '21 has been treating you all better!

Saw an email a little while back, hoping all is well here.
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Also I have no idea how to navigate tapatalk lol

:facepalm:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

09vdubgti wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:30 pm Also I have no idea how to navigate tapatalk lol

:hai:
Just use the DFD mobile site. Works well.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

[user not found], you still doing car dealer work? Or anyone here I guess in general.

I leased my Subaru and lease is up...so I messed up or what not, and maybe enjoyed the car a tad bit more than we had agreed on; mileage wise. (36k miles, car currently has 59.7k LOL)

So the dealer called me and said I could go to the dealership to buy out the car there and they would handle also registration and stuff. However I was also told I could also just do it through my bank (Chase) which handles the lease RN.

Any benefits with going through the dealer? Or should I go through the bank? Also is there any negotiation factors I could possibly do here? Thnx
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

wap wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:41 pm
09vdubgti wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:30 pm Also I have no idea how to navigate tapatalk lol

Hey Wap! Lol.

Yea, thats what I'm going to go back to doing lol.
wap

09vdubgti wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:47 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:41 pm

Hey Wap! Lol.

:like:
And stick around for a while this time. :)
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

wap wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:58 pm
09vdubgti wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:47 pm

Hey Wap! Lol.

For sure man, hows everything with you?
wap

09vdubgti wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:20 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:58 pm

Cool.

Honestly, boring AF. Nothing's going on at work, at home, with the fam. No travel plans, nada. :|

But at least everyone is healthy.

Thanks for asking!

You good?
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

wap wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:40 pm
09vdubgti wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:20 pm

Cool.

Honestly, boring AF. Nothing's going on at work, at home, with the fam. No travel plans, nada. :|

Thanks for asking!

You good?
Hey, as long as you have your health, thats what matters the most I'd say.

TBH, I am in the exact same situation, not much to do, no where really to go. Everything is closed or seems to be at least. I am taking a quick one night trip for a friends bday this Friday down to Florida. Itll be the first time I leave and actually go somewhere since like last February. We were able to get a camp spot down there, we're more or less just gonna be on our own.

Man, I turned 30 in July, and it seems like as soon as I turned 30. Poof my body's warranty expired, lol. I caught the Absolute worst case of sciatica in my lower back. I couldnt do ANYTHING. It hurt to sit, it hurt to lay down and sleep. Only way I was okay was just standing, and standing all day SUCKS haha. But its gotten better I could sit down now at least and just going to PT and stuff. And now the worst part, my head hair started thinning haha *internally cries*

However besides that, Im okay-ish just trying to deal with everything. Which I think we all are.
wap

09vdubgti wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:01 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:40 pm

Cool.

Thanks for asking!

You good?
Hey, as long as you have your health, thats what matters the most I'd say.

TBH, I am in the exact same situation, not much to do, no where really to go. Everything is closed or seems to be at least. I am taking a quick one night trip for a friends bday this Friday down to Florida. Itll be the first time I leave and actually go somewhere since like last February. We were able to get a camp spot down there, we're more or less just gonna be on our own.

Man, I turned 30 in July, and it seems like as soon as I turned 30. Poof my body's warranty expired, lol. I caught the Absolute worst case of sciatica in my lower back. I couldnt do ANYTHING. It hurt to sit, it hurt to lay down and sleep. Only way I was okay was just standing, and standing all day SUCKS haha. But its gotten better I could sit down now at least and just going to PT and stuff. And now the worst part, my head hair started thinning haha *internally cries*

However besides that, Im okay-ish just trying to deal with everything. Which I think we all are.
:word:
Back issues SUCK, but if you think your body starts to hate you at 30, just wait a couple decades. :disgust: :wap:

And bald is sexy. Look at :sawce: ! :lol:
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

wap wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:09 pm

Back issues SUCK, but if you think your body starts to hate you at 30, just wait a couple decades. :disgust: :wap:

haha oh man...yea...

I was playing basketball went to shoot the ball and as I came down, I felt like an electric current of sorts zip up my right leg. And this was months ago.

You know whats funny aboout the whole hair situation, NO ONE in either my dads or mothers side has facial hair. Now all of a sudden, poof im growing this hair thing, i guess people call beards haha. And it grows semi-quickly, ill trim and within a week or two I have to do it again. Its not too bad though, just that the volume and thickness isnt really there anymore.

I started using sea salt spray, which helps, just hope it doesnt continue more or at least slowsss down some.

See what I can remember, he had a well formed head me on other hand, im pretty sure I was dropped a time or two when I was a lil guy haha.
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Also, I still have a bunch of OEM VW parts just using up space in the garage. I miss my MKV gti. The 7 was cool too but idk there was something about the 5.
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Also, I still have a bunch of OEM VW parts just using up space in the garage. I miss my MKV gti. The 7 was cool too but idk there was something about the 5.
wap

09vdubgti wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:16 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:09 pm

haha oh man...yea...

I was playing basketball went to shoot the ball and as I came down, I felt like an electric current of sorts zip up my right leg. And this was months ago.

You know whats funny aboout the whole hair situation, NO ONE in either my dads or mothers side has facial hair. Now all of a sudden, poof im growing this hair thing, i guess people call beards haha. And it grows semi-quickly, ill trim and within a week or two I have to do it again. Its not too bad though, just that the volume and thickness isnt really there anymore.

I started using sea salt spray, which helps, just hope it doesnt continue more or at least slowsss down some.

See what I can remember, he had a well formed head me on other hand, im pretty sure I was dropped a time or two when I was a lil guy haha.
:wat:
razr390

Sup
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

wap wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:38 pm

:lol: :lol:

Sea Salt spray hahah...yea you know when you go to the beach and your hair afterwards appears thicker and fuller. Well the spray does similar affect, just makes it look like it has more volume. haha..im trying
wap

09vdubgti wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:43 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:38 pm

:lol: :lol:

Sea Salt spray hahah...yea you know when you go to the beach and your hair afterwards appears thicker and fuller. Well the spray does similar affect, just makes it look like it has more volume. haha..im trying
Oh, so there's no claims that it'll grow hair. It just makes what you have look fuller. Got it.

I'm very lucky in that even in my advanced age my hairline has not receded at all yet. But if/when it does, I'm not gonna stress about it. :aintcare: