OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:46 pm Well, my original prediction with bossbro ended up coming true as well, I got promoted to "Senior Account Manager". I am retaining my sales duties and also picking up some management stuff for two other salespeople. I am kind of meh on this as I now have to direct two people for an extra $4K/year, at least one of which is a friend that I hang out with outside of work.

All of that said, I am on a path to get into more of an outside business development manager, so I'm glad the company is trying to work me up into a better position and further my career.

Bossbro and his bossbro got on a video call with me together to congratulate me, I was never given the offer to turn it down :lolol: Ultimately though, it seems the management piece will likely be fairly temporary if I want it to be and will be good experience, so overall it is :nice: .
Congrats breh. Getting promoted in the pandemic while wearing sweats is pretty :impressive: you must be doing something right for sure
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:46 pm Well, my original prediction with bossbro ended up coming true as well, I got promoted to "Senior Account Manager". I am retaining my sales duties and also picking up some management stuff for two other salespeople. I am kind of meh on this as I now have to direct two people for an extra $4K/year, at least one of which is a friend that I hang out with outside of work.

All of that said, I am on a path to get into more of an outside business development manager, so I'm glad the company is trying to work me up into a better position and further my career.

Bossbro and his bossbro got on a video call with me together to congratulate me, I was never given the offer to turn it down :lolol: Ultimately though, it seems the management piece will likely be fairly temporary if I want it to be and will be good experience, so overall it is :nice: .
I see this as a win/win. Yeah, in the grand scheme $4k ain’t much, but you’re only going to be responsible for 2 people, and you still retain sales role. This is good because if sales go down, you will probably not be held to as high of a sales goal standard since you’re in management as well.

But I view this as a trial period for you and for
The company. For them to see if you are as good as they believe you to be, and for you to determine whether management is the track you want to take.

However, not many people getting $4K + responsibility raises in this environment, especially in sales companies. Take it and run. Flourish and kill it.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:05 pm

Congrats man, that's really in order. At the very least, they see the potential in you to be promoted. Despite being a bit meh for you personally, it's pretty :fuckyeah: overall. People management skills are good to develop IMO.

I've never been with a company that I feel valued me. You at least have that...and that's pretty awesome.
Thanks man! We can certainly all complain about our jobs (and do) but that has been a bright spot at this place from day one. I sort of feel like it's more an indication of just how bad so much of the workforce is than how great I am, but I will take it either way.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:46 pm

Congrats breh. Getting promoted in the pandemic while wearing sweats is pretty :impressive: you must be doing something right for sure
Funny enough, I hadn't planned on any video calls today and look like dog shit after a long bike ride... they busted out video, so I just went for it :ohwell:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:04 pm

I see this as a win/win. Yeah, in the grand scheme $4k ain’t much, but you’re only going to be responsible for 2 people, and you still retain sales role. This is good because if sales go down, you will probably not be held to as high of a sales goal standard since you’re in management as well.

The company. For them to see if you are as good as they believe you to be, and for you to determine whether management is the track you want to take.

However, not many people getting $4K + responsibility raises in this environment, especially in sales companies. Take it and run. Flourish and kill it.
:notwrong: They expressed that we will have some other new positions in Q3/Q4, so this is a bit of a "let's confirm which route all of us want to take as we grow this division".
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

In other news... new POTUS!
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:11 pm In other news... new POTUS!
:disgust:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:09 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:46 pm

Funny enough, I hadn't planned on any video calls today and look like dog shit after a long bike ride... they busted out video, so I just went for it :ohwell:
:impressive:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:11 pm

:notwrong: They expressed that we will have some other new positions in Q3/Q4, so this is a bit of a "let's confirm which route all of us want to take as we grow this division".
It's also good for you to figure out what you want to do. You might end up liking managing people.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

If you're worth a shit you can't just lay on the beach drinking Mai Tais forever. Getting promotions without being an ass kissing self aggrandizing fool is the way to do it Dan, congratulations.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:dat:
People are getting added responsibilities with zero raises. ( :hai: ) :disgust:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:11 pm In other news... new POTUS!
:fuckyeah:
wap

Also, grats, Griff! :like:
ChrisoftheNorth

Was just told by our COO in a town hall to expect WFH to continue though summer at a minimum. :fuckyeah: I have a job for the next ~6+ months!
max225

Apex wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:29 pm Image
:dat:
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:00 pm Was just told by our COO in a town hall to expect WFH to continue though summer at a minimum. :fuckyeah: I have a job for the next ~6+ months!
Seems to be the "norm".

Does anyone have any sort of experience with moving to an income tax free state?
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:45 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:00 pm Was just told by our COO in a town hall to expect WFH to continue though summer at a minimum. :fuckyeah: I have a job for the next ~6+ months!
Seems to be the "norm".

Does anyone have any sort of experience with moving to an income tax free state?
We've had a few members move to Tennessee, which is tax free. Zilch and Brad (RIP).
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Seems to be the "norm".

Hah, you coming to Texas?
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

I'm excited because it's been radio silence from the company in terms of remote work timing. They must have been waiting for the merger to complete to commit to anything.

Just a good feeling, I've been prepared to quit at a moment's notice since moving.
max225

razr390 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:50 pm

Seems to be the "norm".

Nah too far. We're exploring adding a primary residence due to taxes in another state. Was curious what the "requirements" are.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Water cooler chat says bonuses should be about the same or maybe a tad better than last years. But no word on annual raises...
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:nice:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:49 pm

If you're worth a shit you can't just lay on the beach drinking Mai Tais forever. Getting promotions without being an ass kissing self aggrandizing fool is the way to do it Dan, congratulations.
Thanks man.

I'm kind of nervous to manage people, particularly one who has become a friend. :ohwell: , guess you have to be forced into uncomfortable positions to grow.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:52 pm
razr390 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:50 pm

Nah too far. We're exploring adding a primary residence due to taxes in another state. Was curious what the "requirements" are.
If you have a place to receive mail and have what it takes to change your residence officially (drivers license usually requires proof of residency like a utility bill, rental agreement, etc), that's all there is to it. I've moved states plenty of times. It's that simple. Elon Musk did it.

Challenges are how your company would handle it and how you maintain presence. Mail and whatnot would go to your "primary" residence.