OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

[user not found] wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:08 am
razr390 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:15 am Gonna sound like a :wap: but god damn haircuts are so fucking expensive nowadays.

Some :millennial: ass barber shops charging $45 for a haircut (it includes a “hot towel and hair wash”) but bruh I don’t need any of that. Just cut my hair I’ll go shower at home.
My girl charges me $25 - been going to her for probably close to 10 years now. I text her when I need a cut and she fits me in. I'm pretty easy, though - quick cut and a wash, and I'm right as rain.

Been great to see her grow over the years - she had just started at a local Hair Cuttery when I first started going to her, she's worked in a couple other salons between then and now, and now runs her own place.
I've gone from paying $12 to $30 for a haircut in the span of 15 years. It's bananas.

In college I went to this old-timey barber shop where every one of the barbers was 60+. No appointments, just walk in, grab a number, sit your ass down and wait for a chair to open up. But the guy who owned the place had his appendix burst and died several years ago, and none of the other barbers kept it going. So I looked around at several different places and most everyone sucks at cutting my hair (I'm picky), until I found this hipster place in my old neighborhood. They were charging $25 until COVID hit, but with the reduced business they upped their price to $30 to try to make it up since they had to start taking 30 minute appointments rather than just taking walk-ins.

Inflation isn't real, though.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Wife cut my hair in June and did a fantastic job. I usually only get a haircut once a year (hippie lyfe), so I'll probably just continue letting the wife do it. She enjoys it, and free.99 works for me.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

coogles wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:26 am
[user not found] wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:08 am

My girl charges me $25 - been going to her for probably close to 10 years now. I text her when I need a cut and she fits me in. I'm pretty easy, though - quick cut and a wash, and I'm right as rain.

Been great to see her grow over the years - she had just started at a local Hair Cuttery when I first started going to her, she's worked in a couple other salons between then and now, and now runs her own place.
I've gone from paying $12 to $30 for a haircut in the span of 15 years. It's bananas.

In college I went to this old-timey barber shop where every one of the barbers was 60+. No appointments, just walk in, grab a number, sit your ass down and wait for a chair to open up. But the guy who owned the place had his appendix burst and died several years ago, and none of the other barbers kept it going. So I looked around at several different places and most everyone sucks at cutting my hair (I'm picky), until I found this hipster place in my old neighborhood. They were charging $25 until COVID hit, but with the reduced business they upped their price to $30 to try to make it up since they had to start taking 30 minute appointments rather than just taking walk-ins.

Inflation isn't real, though.
That being said, the dollar has began to lose value against the Euro currency along with British pounds, not that it's relevant for the barber shops in particular.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

I need my hair to thin a little more so clean shaving is faster/easier than it is now. I keep seeing adds for this Skullshaver electric razor thing that’s designed to contour to you head, but it’s like $200 :notsure: Using some $30 Wahl clippers from Costco for the last few years and I just buzz it all off with no guard every other week or so. I’d like something that gets it a little closer and is a little easier, so that skullshaver is tempting, but I can’t justify the price.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

razr390 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:38 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:20 am

Yeah, fuck those places. You just need to find an old school barber, they're around. $15-20 is my budget for a haircut, period.
I found a few but the sucky part about an old school barber is that you have to ease your way into being a “regular”.

Oh, did I mention the $45 cuts are pre-tip? And in this economy I feel more compelled to give a decently above average tip because I know it’s not easy.

I’d rather have a $10 haircut and give the barber a $20-30 tip than to pay $30 for a haircut and also have to tip less because the service itself is already insanely costly
What do you mean, exactly? Just go, they will take your money.

At my old house in the Nrth Charlotte 'burbs, I found this place that was straight out of the 60s and I was the only white person I ever saw in there, but they gave epic haircuts at like $11. I would just pay $15-20 OTD each time and it was admittedly slightly uncomfortable at first as it definitely had a certain vibe, but I just kept going and overtime they all knew me. I'd still go today but it is 40 minutes away.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:54 am I need my hair to thin a little more so clean shaving is faster/easier than it is now. I keep seeing adds for this Skullshaver electric razor thing that’s designed to contour to you head, but it’s like $200 :notsure: Using some $30 Wahl clippers from Costco for the last few years and I just buzz it all off with no guard every other week or so. I’d like something that gets it a little closer and is a little easier, so that skullshaver is tempting, but I can’t justify the price.
I buzzed my own with Walmart clippers for years, but the wife likes a bit more :fancy: so I :troywax: now, current place I found is $20 + tip which is still a little high but the guy is cool and plays tuba in some New Orleans style bands, so whatever.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

D Griff wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:06 pm
razr390 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:38 am

I found a few but the sucky part about an old school barber is that you have to ease your way into being a “regular”.

Oh, did I mention the $45 cuts are pre-tip? And in this economy I feel more compelled to give a decently above average tip because I know it’s not easy.

I’d rather have a $10 haircut and give the barber a $20-30 tip than to pay $30 for a haircut and also have to tip less because the service itself is already insanely costly

At my old house in the Nrth Charlotte 'burbs, I found this place that was straight out of the 60s and I was the only white person I ever saw in there, but they gave epic haircuts at like $11. I would just pay $15-20 OTD each time and it was admittedly slightly uncomfortable at first as it definitely had a certain vibe, but I just kept going and overtime they all knew me. I'd still go today but it is 40 minutes away.
For sure, but to get the best cut and best barber it’s always the ones that become regulars that get it. I’m no stranger to that. I’ll try to find a dece place :doe:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:11 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:06 pm

For sure, but to get the best cut and best barber it’s always the ones that become regulars that get it. I’m no stranger to that. I’ll try to find a dece place :doe:
Most of the old places that are inexpensive and have been around forever seem to be pretty good across all their barbers, but mine is also probably easy/ :aintcare: considering I'm a bald dude.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Getting my hair cut at 2:30 today before likely lockdown. With a post h/c wash, it's 30 bucks, I pay 35.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tarspin wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:56 pm Weirdly entertaining day today!

I made a trip up to Grand Bend to try and understand why all of my security features were disabled on the check out day of my sketchy construction crew's stay. It turns out that there was a storm which caused a power surge to trip every GFI in the house. The house otherwise looked great except for the 40+ butts I picked up off the front lawn. :disgust: , so I transferred back the damage deposit.

Nest lock came back to life once I reset the GFI that the secondary router was hooked up to, but the Arlo camera system was :roasted: on the software end. Thankfully all the hardware worked, but i needed to do a hard reset and open a new account and register the base and all the cameras again.

During the visit, I filled soap and TP for all the bathrooms, and did some last minute spot touches that my cleaning gal missed, like a drip on the floor from garbage/dirty water she carried into the garage.

So if construction dudes visit wasn't weird enough, I got a booking request for Christmas to New Years Eve for a six person rental. Turns out these peeps are Fathers of parishes around south west Ontario, well at least two of them are. I upped the cleaning fee since I know these guys will be soiling the sheets :lolol: and it turns out they are good with the rates. Since they are booking from the 24th, I really want to ask the question, who is running the XMas Mass?

This has been the weirdest year man, the new normal is no normality whatsoever.
:lolgasm:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

We've talked haircut prices here before. I've been going to my friend's :haus: for over 35 years and she charges me $7 and won't take a tip. Since finding singles is a PITA these days I just give her a $10. No wash :doe: , just a cut every 6 weeks.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:29 pm Getting my hair cut at 2:30 today before likely lockdown. With a post h/c wash, it's 30 bucks, I pay 35.
YOU MURDEROUS SCUM. STAY HOME TO KEEP GRANDMAS SAFE. :dislike:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:33 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:29 pm Getting my hair cut at 2:30 today before likely lockdown. With a post h/c wash, it's 30 bucks, I pay 35.
Ironically my barber is a 72 year old grandmother. I barely go anywhere or see anyone so she'll be the one giving me the RONA. All my actual grandmothers are dead and I won't be visiting any family this holiday season, unlike Infamous Grim Reaper and her compliant husband.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:39 pm

Ironically my barber is a 72 year old grandmother. I barely go anywhere or see anyone so she'll be the one giving me the RONA. All my actual grandmothers are dead and I won't be visiting any family this holiday season, unlike Infamous Grim Reaper and her compliant husband.
:iswydt:
:lolol:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Evil triumphs when good men want pussy.
wap

troyguitar wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:10 pm Evil triumphs when good men want pussy.
:notbad:
razr390

Just got my genocidal haircut. $18 at a independently owned barber shop 5 mins from my house.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:31 pm Just got my genocidal haircut. $18 at a independently owned barber shop 5 mins from my house.
:mahman: I knew you could :doit: !
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:10 pm Evil triumphs when good men want pussy.
:notwrong: Most of the questionable shit I've done, including two haircuts, during the 'RONA, was driven by :tits: .
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:amazing:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

If there's one thing I'd thank to corona, it is finding out that I actually look good in a mullet-ish. Last time I got a hair cut was last May.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

We just got slapped with stay at home order. No more friends or gatherings of any kind and no more work unless you’re doing critical infrastructure or work from home shit ... :disgust:
razr390

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:11 pm We just got slapped with stay at home order. No more friends or gatherings of any kind and no more work unless you’re doing critical infrastructure or work from home shit ... :disgust:
:fuckyeah:

Meanwhile your gov gonna go have dinner at French Laundry to congratulate himself for a job well done.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Fuck the po-lice!
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Muh rats