Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:05 pm
D Griff wrote:
:nice:

That is quite generous.

:plac: profit!

My employer gave us "Thanksgiving on them" AKA a $75 gift card to a grocery store or Honeybaked Ham. I ended up opting to donate mine to Feeding America :ohwell:

That would be dope to get a bonus but given I'm in sales... :yeahok: At least we are getting our 401K match back, it's been suspended since April, they are dumping the full amount in in January. I'm glad I kept contributing.
:impressive:

Every one of y'all seems to be in a better place than here, as usual. Salaries still reduced, 401k match is not coming back, no bonuses, no carrying vacation time into 2021, and they're pushing hard for everyone to get back into the office - 90% are back already. You get nothing, good day sir.
That's a pretty terrible company IMO.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:08 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:05 pm :impressive:

Every one of y'all seems to be in a better place than here, as usual. Salaries still reduced, 401k match is not coming back, no bonuses, no carrying vacation time into 2021, and they're pushing hard for everyone to get back into the office - 90% are back already. You get nothing, good day sir.
Gotta make that glass technology for Apple iPhones breh

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/apple-iphon ... -stronger/
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

We got a $25 check to buy some of our thanksgiving meal with since there are no company holiday parties this year due to Rona. We never lost pay or 401k or anything, so I’ve been pretty lucky. Next year they’re increasing the 401k match by 1 up to 6% :notbad: Assuming I get another pay raise I’ll try to up my own contribution by 2 to 12%.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:05 pm :impressive:

That's what happens when you're the only game in town. It's either :dealwithit: or unemployment.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:05 pm
D Griff wrote:
:nice:

That is quite generous.

:plac: profit!

My employer gave us "Thanksgiving on them" AKA a $75 gift card to a grocery store or Honeybaked Ham. I ended up opting to donate mine to Feeding America :ohwell:

That would be dope to get a bonus but given I'm in sales... :yeahok: At least we are getting our 401K match back, it's been suspended since April, they are dumping the full amount in in January. I'm glad I kept contributing.
:impressive:

:wtf:

Why would they bring people back into the office with COVID cases surging like crazy? That is insane unless there was a really, really good reason to need to be at the brick and mortar, I guess like needing specialized equipment for engineering or something.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

[user not found] wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:03 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:18 am

:wtf:

Why would they bring people back into the office with COVID cases surging like crazy? That is insane unless there was a really, really good reason to need to be at the brick and mortar, I guess like needing specialized equipment for engineering or something.
Because “you’re better in the office.”

Meanwhile the CEOs, CFOs, CTOs, and other tone deaf corporate motherfuckers haven’t been in their offices in weeks.
I will say, at least at my place (you know where I work), our C-Suite have been in the office but rotating. Our CEO sends out weekly update e-mails for morale, and updating us on the state of our company. COVID-19 stuff is communicated and re-iterated by HR, ourselves, and others. We are between 25-50% in the office, but mostly since in a call center capacity most people cannot handle calls from home (even if we are capable with technology) because they either have kids, no quiet space, etc. but we rotate them on/off.

On top of the other bennies I mentioned in the first post, makes me happy to be here even though some days I have the itch to apply to other jobs just to see where I am at.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:18 am :wtf:

Meanwhile the CEOs, CFOs, CTOs, and other tone deaf corporate motherfuckers haven’t been in their offices in weeks.
Olds gonna old. Her boss for example is one of those guys who absolutely lives for being in the office and wearing his suit and tie... he was back months ago, while his wife was at home recovering from fucking cancer treatments. No risk there, just no immune system at all. :fullretard:

Unrelated, :turkey: time!

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Happy Thanksgiving forum bros. Hope it's a good time!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Happy thanksgiving y’all :)
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Adopted a new pup yesterday.
troyguitar

I'm calling it now. Best Thanksgiving ever. :thankstrump:

Not driving hundreds of miles to do whatever the fuck some other people want me to do all day has been amazing. I slept my ass in, had my own fantastic coffee, drank and flirted with the wife all day, had Mariah Carey (not the xmas album) blasting all day, and cooked whatever the fuck I wanted on my own damn schedule.

This is as close as we've come to actual vacation in a long time.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

troyguitar wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:06 pm I'm calling it now. Best Thanksgiving ever. :thankstrump:

Not driving hundreds of miles to do whatever the fuck some other people want me to do all day has been amazing. I slept my ass in, had my own fantastic coffee, drank and flirted with the wife all day, had Mariah Carey (not the xmas album) blasting all day, and cooked whatever the fuck I wanted on my own damn schedule.

This is as close as we've come to actual vacation in a long time.
Dude, awesome.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:27 pm
[user not found] wrote:

Olds gonna old. Her boss for example is one of those guys who absolutely lives for being in the office and wearing his suit and tie... he was back months ago, while his wife was at home recovering from fucking cancer treatments. No risk there, just no immune system at all. :fullretard:

Unrelated, :turkey: time!

:disgust: on wife's boss.

:fuckyeah: on the meme. :lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Tarspin wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:41 pm Happy Thanksgiving forum bros. Hope it's a good time!
:dat:

Hope you all are having a great, 5/7 day. :wub:
wap

Wife and I cooked a small turkey (12.5 lbs), and a few 5/7 sides, and ate alone. Later, we brought some leftovers to my mom (visited with her a bit outside, masked up), then brought more to my inlaws. We were home, kitchen cleaned up, dishes washed, and chilling by 7:30. :notbad:
troyguitar

I actually love turkey so I made a 20 pounder today and it turned out as good as any I've had, so I'm going to be rocking leftovers all weekend ZFG. :truckyeah:
wap

troyguitar wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:30 am I actually love turkey so I made a 20 pounder today and it turned out as good as any I've had, so I'm going to be rocking leftovers all weekend ZFG. :truckyeah:
:metoo:
It turned out pretty perfect this year, too. I nailed the temp (180* in the :tits: ) . :fuckyeah: I took it out of the oven a couple degrees shy of 180 and while it was resting it went up the last couple degrees to 180 so it was not overdone. Very juicy, not dry at all. :muah:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

We bought two "small" birds ~12 lbs. Smoked one on the chinese egg and the other in the oven. Both turned out fantastic, was a fun day and we'll have leftovers forever, and stoked about that. 5/7.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

https://pointerpointer.com/

I set this as my boss’s homepage when he was late to work this morning. It was amusing.
wap

fledonfoot wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:12 pm https://pointerpointer.com/

I set this as my boss’s homepage when he was late to work this morning. It was amusing.
:notbad:
:lolol:
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

We didn’t go see either of our families either since we both have to go into the office every day still and both our work places have had recent cases (not people we’re in direct contact with, but who knows who they’d seen at work prior to realizing they had it). We made a pot roast, that’s kind of become our tradition for holidays. Mashed potatoes, Cajun bacon Mac and cheese from a dude I used to work with that slangs food out of his place now, sour dough bread, and some roasted asparagus. I never used to smoke weed, so never had had the stoned thanksgiving experience. So smoked a bowl at like 5 and ate all the food. Smoked again at 8 and went back for the leftovers. 5/7 night.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Ordered a new phone tonight, the Pixel 5. I really don't want to get rid of my current Moto, since I've had it for 3.5 years, and it has no cracks or anything, but but with each operating system update it seems to struggle more and more with camera operations and such. SMH there goes $700. I would have just bought another Moto but the size was too big.
wap

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:02 pm Ordered a new phone tonight, the Pixel 5. I really don't want to get rid of my current Moto, since I've had it for 3.5 years, and it has no cracks or anything, but but with each operating system update it seems to struggle more and more with camera operations and such. SMH there goes $700. I would have just bought another Moto but the size was too big.
I've got a Moto also, a g6. I haven't allowed it to download a system update since I got it. I also haven't allowed updates to any of the systems, like the camera, calendar, texting, etc. It's about 2 years old and is working fine. :iono:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

wap wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:37 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:02 pm Ordered a new phone tonight, the Pixel 5. I really don't want to get rid of my current Moto, since I've had it for 3.5 years, and it has no cracks or anything, but but with each operating system update it seems to struggle more and more with camera operations and such. SMH there goes $700. I would have just bought another Moto but the size was too big.
I've got a Moto also, a g6. I haven't allowed it to download a system update since I got it. I also haven't allowed updates to any of the systems, like the camera, calendar, texting, etc. It's about 2 years old and is working fine. :iono:
I figure if I miss the moto actions too much I can sell the Pixel and buy another Moto. Giving it a shot. FWIW the moto I was going to buy is another inch or so taller, which gives it an awkwardly tall form factor.