Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Also, anyone hear from Johnny lately?

Hope things are going better with him and :baby:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

wap wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:45 pm Also, anyone hear from Johnny lately?

Was just thinking :dat: earlier.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Nah, I actually checked my phone for his number the other day to check in but don't have it. He started that new utility job shortly after the :baby: so I assume he is rather busy.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:44 pm Anyone see a random giveafuck running around anywhere? I've lost mine and can't seem to find it anywhere.
I certainly have not. It is getting harder and harder to care. My sales are very low, everyone I call (95% of them are small businesses with 1-30ish employees) on is struggling with getting by, particularly as shut downs are starting back up and their customers are hesitant to invest in new equipment/facility improvements.

:disappoint: :ohwell:

I thought it was Friday a little bit ago and realized it's Monday :lolol:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:25 pm

Nah, I actually checked my phone for his number the other day to check in but don't have it. He started that new utility job shortly after the :baby: so I assume he is rather busy.
:dat:

Still hope everything is good with him.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:28 pm
wap wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:44 pm Anyone see a random giveafuck running around anywhere? I've lost mine and can't seem to find it anywhere.
I certainly have not. It is getting harder and harder to care. My sales are very low, everyone I call (95% of them are small businesses with 1-30ish employees) on is struggling with getting by, particularly as shut downs are starting back up and their customers are hesitant to invest in new equipment/facility improvements.

Most of the people I work with are gone this week, so I barely worked today and instead spent the day :pinshit: rebuilding the structure for the hot tub in the solarium. We're going to put an inflatable tub in there for now. :megusta: warmth.

The most work I did was over IM while I was at the lumber yard. I love WFH
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Shit, that sucks man.

My GAF has been AWOL since bossbro told me he wants to move me out of my job to the other, much more stressful one. :disgust:

And :lolol: on thinking today was Friday.
wap

Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:45 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:25 pm

Still hope everything is good with him.
wap

Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:47 pm

Most of the people I work with are gone this week, so I barely worked today and instead spent the day :pinshit: rebuilding the structure for the hot tub in the solarium. We're going to put an inflatable tub in there for now. :megusta: warmth.

The most work I did was over IM while I was at the lumber yard. I love WFH
That's fantastic.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Just texted Johnny and he is all good. Job keeping him busy during the day, baby keeping him busy at night. Once baby is asleep he just wants to chill. Understandable absence
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

razr390 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:40 pm Just texted Johnny and he is all good. Job keeping him busy during the day, baby keeping him busy at night. Once baby is asleep he just wants to chill. Understandable absence
Thanks for checking with him and giving us an update. :like:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

:wat: is that? None here whatsoever.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:lolol:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Y'all know about my rental place in Grand Bend right.. So get this, I got an AirBnB booking for two weeks from a guy that works for a construction company who are building a store or something. The dude has five people in the cottage and booked until Nov 23rd, however, today is the 24th and they are still there! :yikes:

As I was typing this I finally received a call back from the construction manager thankfully. We are doing a private extension of their contract so I bumped my rates and will pay my cleaning staff member her income for blocking off the cleaning time today. It turns out these guys are bigger then I thought and build large grocery store chains across the country. Going to have them back in January for another two or three weeks, which is a pretty good booking. Glad I kept my professionalism :lolol:
wap

Tarspin wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:45 am Y'all know about my rental place in Grand Bend right.. So get this, I got an AirBnB booking for two weeks from a guy that works for a construction company who are building a store or something. The dude has five people in the cottage and booked until Nov 23rd, however, today is the 24th and they are still there! :yikes:

As I was typing this I finally received a call back from the construction manager thankfully. We are doing a private extension of their contract so I bumped my rates and will pay my cleaning staff member her income for blocking off the cleaning time today. It turns out these guys are bigger then I thought and build large grocery store chains across the country. Going to have them back in January for another two or three weeks, which is a pretty good booking. Glad I kept my professionalism :lolol:
:nice:

New rates go into effect Jan 1, right? RIGHT??
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:05 am
Tarspin wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:45 am Y'all know about my rental place in Grand Bend right.. So get this, I got an AirBnB booking for two weeks from a guy that works for a construction company who are building a store or something. The dude has five people in the cottage and booked until Nov 23rd, however, today is the 24th and they are still there! :yikes:

Nov 23rd
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

:mahman: paid that bill. :fuckyeah:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:notbad: :mahman:

Weird that they would just stay without rebooking, but likely just an internal company miscommunication where the actual guests figured some admin had extended already.

:notbad:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Man, I spent 12ish hours this weekend blowing/bagging leaves and there's already quite a bit more covering the lawn :lolol:

Curious what everyone's strategy is with this... the bagging really takes the most time and also seems very wasteful. The only other option I can think of would be owning 20+ 40 gallon trash cans (the city will empty these into the yard waste truck directly), but that's not really practical. Anyone have luck with foldable/collapsible bins?

The people on the other side of the street back up to woods, that would be :notbad: , just blow it all in the woods. My wife sadly isn't really down with natural areas :rolleyes:
wap

Tarspin wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:06 am
wap wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:05 am

Nov 23rd
:like:
wap

Tarspin wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:40 am :mahman: paid that bill. :fuckyeah:
:fuckyeah:
:troywax:
wap

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:30 pm Man, I spent 12ish hours this weekend blowing/bagging leaves and there's already quite a bit more covering the lawn :lolol:

Curious what everyone's strategy is with this... the bagging really takes the most time and also seems very wasteful. The only other option I can think of would be owning 20+ 40 gallon trash cans (the city will empty these into the yard waste truck directly), but that's not really practical. Anyone have luck with foldable/collapsible bins?

The people on the other side of the street back up to woods, that would be :notbad: , just blow it all in the woods. My wife sadly isn't really down with natural areas :rolleyes:
My strategy is I pay :manuel: to :doit:
Leaf raking is the one outdoor chore that I absolutey hate, so I hire a lawn service for 3 months - Sept through Nov. I cut my own grass, shovel my own snow, etc. But leaves are a big :nope: for me. I did it for 8 years after we moved in, but not for the past 15. :hellno:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:55 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:30 pm Man, I spent 12ish hours this weekend blowing/bagging leaves and there's already quite a bit more covering the lawn :lolol:

My strategy is I pay :manuel: to :doit:
Leaf raking is the one outdoor chore that I absolutey hate, so I hire a lawn service for 3 months - Sept through Nov. I cut my own grass, shovel my own snow, etc. But leaves are a big :nope: for me. I did it for 8 years after we moved in, but not for the past 15. :hellno:
How much does that run out of curiosity? Also, what is the lot size?

This place is only a quarter acre and it still takes so long. I saw the old lady next door's crew come in and get her shit done in one hour, then some janky old vacuum :truk: came by and sucked up all her leaves off the curb. This seems 5/7 if it's reasonable. Things are a little tight this year, but maybe next year I'll pursue that.

I really don't mind mowing grass and other maintenance like that, I can cut the lawn in 30 minutes here with a mower that cost me $12, it's hard to imagine paying $50 for that service each week given the :math:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I have been :dill: 'ing with this myself over the last week. Filled up a 64 gallon green bin, then next day... had to stomp it down to 32 gallons and filled it up to 64... Curious how large your yard is that you need 20 -40 gallon trash cans? I have 3 giant Oak trees that are about 30-40 feet tall... And are the bane of my existence... Had to prune them too.

I also do all the yard work myself.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

That is all from this weekend. The city will only pick up what "fits" on your curb so I can't put out more until next week, but note that where I'm standing, I'm on top of a 6' by 30' 2" deep pyle of leaves that were leftover, so I'm using them as "mulch" for now (maybe forever). They are still falling too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk