Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:32 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:03 pm

Welfare benefits are only for urban poors? :notsure:
Dude, this is a major :triggered: for me. I really wasn't around many rural people ever until meeting my wife. She is from about 90 minutes east of Charlotte. This is complete bumfuck rural NC, very rural, very backwoods, very :thankstrump:

Her dad, who raised her, actually owns a couple of small businesses and I kind of get why he is a Trump fan I guess? He certainly stands to benefit from lower taxes personally and in his business and also benefits from things like being able to just burn old tires from his shop/farm rather than properly dispose :disgust:

That said, her sister is a major Trumper, flies the flags, buys into the :fakenews: about the election. Meanwhile, she has been on unemployment for most of the pandemic, has collected welfare, has accepted huge amounts of help financially from their dad and is just constantly talking about "blacks wanting free shit" and "I don't understand how y'all could support someone who wants to take your money and give it to lazy people". The entire basis is just stupidity, IMO.

Chris's situation sounds rather different, my wife's home town/area (because it's not much of a town) is largely comprised of drug addicts who simultaneously receive welfare/.gov bennies from city "rich liberals" like us and yet are still major Trump lovers. They are just too fucking stupid to get that their boy :thankstrump: doesn't give a shit about them.
:disgust:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:39 pm COVID test was negative :notbad:
:fuckyeah:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:32 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:03 pm

Welfare benefits are only for urban poors? :notsure:
Dude, this is a major :triggered: for me. I really wasn't around many rural people ever until meeting my wife. She is from about 90 minutes east of Charlotte. This is complete bumfuck rural NC, very rural, very backwoods, very :thankstrump:

Her dad, who raised her, actually owns a couple of small businesses and I kind of get why he is a Trump fan I guess? He certainly stands to benefit from lower taxes personally and in his business and also benefits from things like being able to just burn old tires from his shop/farm rather than properly dispose :disgust:

That said, her sister is a major Trumper, flies the flags, buys into the :fakenews: about the election. Meanwhile, she has been on unemployment for most of the pandemic, has collected welfare, has accepted huge amounts of help financially from their dad and is just constantly talking about "blacks wanting free shit" and "I don't understand how y'all could support someone who wants to take your money and give it to lazy people". The entire basis is just stupidity, IMO.

Chris's situation sounds rather different, my wife's home town/area (because it's not much of a town) is largely comprised of drug addicts who simultaneously receive welfare/.gov bennies from city "rich liberals" like us and yet are still major Trump lovers. They are just too fucking stupid to get that their boy :thankstrump: doesn't give a shit about them.
talk about double standard. :disgust:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:06 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:52 pm

Four or five people are coming over to eat a meal outside :iono: It is pretty low risk, there is a lot of space on the patio and it's outside.

I have had mild cold symptoms for a few days so I am getting a test, better safe than sorry as far as that goes.

I also wasn't putting you down, I was giving an equally sarcastic response to the one you gave me.

None of this has anything to do with manliness, you are the one who constantly claims you're a :pussy: , I don't think that.
my cousins are doing that, they have a huge deck, with 8 people including myself, my cousin bought those large heaters. Should be nice, I don't have to dress exactly formal either. We're not even suppose to set foot in their house, which they have a point.
Make sure to get home before 10pm or else Rona is out.
max225

Did you get a space Karen test (rapid) or a real one ?
wap

D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:52 pm

Four or five people are coming over to eat a meal outside :iono: It is pretty low risk, there is a lot of space on the patio and it's outside.

I have had mild cold symptoms for a few days so I am getting a test, better safe than sorry as far as that goes.

I also wasn't putting you down, I was giving an equally sarcastic response to the one you gave me.

None of this has anything to do with manliness, you are the one who constantly claims you're a :pussy: , I don't think that.
my cousins are doing that, they have a huge deck, with 8 people including myself, my cousin bought those large heaters. Should be nice, I don't have to dress exactly formal either. We're not even suppose to set foot in their house, which they have a point.
:notbad:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:15 pm
It was rapid, got the results in 20 minutes. I had no other option, most tasting places had no appointments and 250 minute wait in your car times. I was able to get an appointment at 7 pm yesterday at this place, in and out in 10-15 minutes, a nurse came out to my car and did the test/checked my vitals.
max225

D Griff wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:33 am
max225 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:15 pm

It was rapid, got the results in 20 minutes. I had no other option, most tasting places had no appointments and 250 minute wait in your car times. I was able to get an appointment at 7 pm yesterday at this place, in and out in 10-15 minutes, a nurse came out to my car and did the test/checked my vitals.
Seems like they are highly inaccurate. Keep an eye out on your symptoms and I hope you feel better
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

We were going to see my parents for thanksgiving, but given that we both have to physically go to work every day and my mom’s conditions, we’re gonna just stay here and do our own thing. I guess we could rapid test after work on Wednesday before driving up, but like Max said, those are still not super reliable.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Watching the Fort Lauderdale air show livestream.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Wifey woke up this morning with a sore throat, chills, a 100.5 fever, a light cough, and aches and massive fatigue.

We just sat in line for a covid test for 4 hours. They refused to test me as "exposure" isn't enough to justify a test in NJ right now.

We'll see what happens in 1-3 days.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

fledonfoot wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:11 pm Wifey woke up this morning with a sore throat, chills, a 100.5 fever, a light cough, and aches and massive fatigue.

We just sat in line for a covid test for 4 hours. They refused to test me as "exposure" isn't enough to justify a test in NJ right now.

Hope it’s nothing! Wifey is still working at Whole Foods throughout this crap right?
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

Them peaceful celebrations for the election surely didn’t have anything to do with the recent spike, as well as the marches on Washington. And now the rest of us have to suffer for the stupidity of others.

10 people at thanksgiving certainly worse than 10,000 yelling and screaming and drinking in the park.

Sigh

Hope y’all feel better
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:23 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:11 pm Wifey woke up this morning with a sore throat, chills, a 100.5 fever, a light cough, and aches and massive fatigue.

Hope it’s nothing! Wifey is still working at Whole Foods throughout this crap right?
Yeah, we are both at work and exposed on a constant basis. We both are exposed to hundreds of people a day. I’m honestly surprised this is our first scare, despite us being as careful as we’ve been.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

My blood bank is testing everyone’s blood after they donate for the antibody. Just checked since I donated on the 8th, and mine came back negative.
wap

:ohdang:
I hope she's ok, dude. Keep us posted.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:18 pm My blood bank is testing everyone’s blood after they donate for the antibody. Just checked since I donated on the 8th, and mine came back negative.
:nice: I used to donate blood regularly, I’ve always thought I should start back, maybe this is a good reason to get that going.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

fledonfoot wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:52 pm
razr390 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:23 pm

Yeah, we are both at work and exposed on a constant basis. We both are exposed to hundreds of people a day. I’m honestly surprised this is our first scare, despite us being as careful as we’ve been.
I hope she is OK man! My wife also has to go to work daily, tons of safety measures in place but it still makes you wonder.

Tots and 🍐 🍐 for you guys.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:15 pm Them peaceful celebrations for the election surely didn’t have anything to do with the recent spike, as well as the marches on Washington. And now the rest of us have to suffer for the stupidity of others.

10 people at thanksgiving certainly worse than 10,000 yelling and screaming and drinking in the park.

Sigh

Hope y’all feel better
Yeah it was pretty :butwhy: seeing all of the marches and partying in the streets on TV surrounding the election. Pop a bottle 🍾 at home with a few friends to celebrate :iono:

We drove by a mall yesterday and it was an absolute mad house, the traffic went all the way out to the freeway and down a mile from the exit.

:wtf: people?
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Thanks guys.

Add light sensitivity and a changing sense of smell to the list of things she’s feeling.

I just called work and told them I’m out at least until the test results are back, but I’m pretty sure she’s going to test positive at this rate. As of now I’m not noticing any symptoms but I’m not putting anyone at risk.

Time to hop on instacart and get an order together, I had to hit the grocery store this morning but shouldn’t leave now.

Might be worthwhile getting the vanity and stuff ordered so I can renovate the half bath downstairs. I’ve just not had the time this summer to get it done.
max225

fledonfoot wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:00 am Thanks guys.

Add light sensitivity and a changing sense of smell to the list of things she’s feeling.

I just called work and told them I’m out at least until the test results are back, but I’m pretty sure she’s going to test positive at this rate. As of now I’m not noticing any symptoms but I’m not putting anyone at risk.

Time to hop on instacart and get an order together, I had to hit the grocery store this morning but shouldn’t leave now.

Might be worthwhile getting the vanity and stuff ordered so I can renovate the half bath downstairs. I’ve just not had the time this summer to get it done.
Thanks for doing the responsible thing and staying home! Speedy recovery to the MRS
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

fledonfoot wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:00 am Thanks guys.

May as well if you're going to be stuck in the house for the next two weeks. Good on you for watching out for the colleagues and customers at your dealership.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:13 pm

Make sure to get home before 10pm or else Rona is out.
ahh the black friday corona party, nah the only place im gonna be on friday is either home or up in the mountains, staying away from the anti-maskers. I'm also shopping online too (exception for groceries of course) than physically go out. Plus cyber monday
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

jesus! I hope the outcome won't be as bad. Sucks that you both have to contact with a bunch of people on a daily basis no matter what precautions to take. Hope things can work out better.
wap

Anyone see a random giveafuck running around anywhere? I've lost mine and can't seem to find it anywhere.