OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Sorry to hear Fled. Hoping for the best.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

fledonfoot wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:54 pm Wifey continues to feel like lukewarm garbage. Waiting on test results, so we’ll see where we go from here. I’m worried about her asthma issues, but made sure she’s stocked up with a fresh refill of her inhaler and Advair.

My 7 year old niece also is running a 102 fever and other symptoms, thanks to exposure from her step sister, that her mother didn’t tell my sister in law about before sending her over to their place for the weekend. My SIL is a nurse and is fuming at this shitty decision to not tell her that she was sick before dropping her off.

My mother in law is a 3 time stage 3 cancer survivor and has watched my niece while my SIL has been at work on night shift this week, so now my extremely high risk MIL is quarantined and went to get tested this morning.

People fucking suck.
Fucking hell. Hope everyone pulls through ok, dude.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Two more people I work with are also out today with symptoms, and one is at home caring for their symptomatic child.

This shit is spreading so fast around here.

Wifey is now getting a very tight chest and is out of breath just from helping me fold laundry. In the last hour she’s taken a bit of a hit.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Indeed it's spreading fast. A number of people I work with have it now.

And incredibly, and update on flying...

As I've discussed before, we have tickets booked to fly to California for Christmas. I've expressed to the wife that I think it's not a great idea because I don't want either of us to get the virus. While it's somehow "my fault" for "never wanting to visit her family", I told her to call the airline (American) to see if they're fully booking planes like I read. Sure enough, they're selling every seat in the plane now...when the virus is spreading rampant like wildfire. They're consolidating flights and packing what's left full to maximize return I guess? They assured her that they "sanitize the entire plan after every flight", but when wife asked about the old that will inevitably be sitting in our row who doesn't believe in the virus, they told her that they "do everything they can to enforce mask requirements". :yeahok: Wife :nope: and is going to cancel the flights.

Dodged a bullet there, but this rise is just the beginning with so many people willing to travel for the holidays, and airports and planes packed full of people is just going to spread this thing unchecked.

I bet January and February will be full blown :nuke: end times at this rate.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Glad :tits: finally agreed to cancel your trip, DPlac!

Agreed on a :doomed: Q1, 2021. :(
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:57 am Indeed it's spreading fast. A number of people I work with have it now.

And incredibly, and update on flying...

As I've discussed before, we have tickets booked to fly to California for Christmas. I've expressed to the wife that I think it's not a great idea because I don't want either of us to get the virus. While it's somehow "my fault" for "never wanting to visit her family", I told her to call the airline (American) to see if they're fully booking planes like I read. Sure enough, they're selling every seat in the plane now...when the virus is spreading rampant like wildfire. They're consolidating flights and packing what's left full to maximize return I guess? They assured her that they "sanitize the entire plan after every flight", but when wife asked about the old that will inevitably be sitting in our row who doesn't believe in the virus, they told her that they "do everything they can to enforce mask requirements". :yeahok: Wife :nope: and is going to cancel the flights.

Dodged a bullet there, but this rise is just the beginning with so many people willing to travel for the holidays, and airports and planes packed full of people is just going to spread this thing unchecked.

I bet January and February will be full blown :nuke: end times at this rate.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:57 pm Glad :tits: finally agreed to cancel your trip, DPlac!

Apparently, she hasn't cancelled yet. She "wants to see how things go" and she's torn up about "disappointing her family".

Which is my fault somehow now because I'm "not supporting her and her family"...which I countered..."not giving them the virus is a major support". She just responded with :sass: "It's fine, you're being dramatic".

This is going to be an interesting next month here. I'm not going to California, she doesn't realize that yet. If she wants to go bad enough, she can fly out there and stay with them for a few months.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
wap wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:57 pm Glad :tits: finally agreed to cancel your trip, DPlac!

Apparently, she hasn't cancelled yet. She "wants to see how things go" and she's torn up about "disappointing her family".

Which is my fault somehow now because I'm "not supporting her and her family"...which I countered..."not giving them the virus is a major support". She just responded with :sass: "It's fine, you're being dramatic".

This is going to be an interesting next month here. I'm not going to California, she doesn't realize that yet. If she wants to go bad enough, she can fly out there and stay with them for a few months.
Being dramatic is the right amount of reaction. This is a dramatic time.
wap

Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:39 pm

This is truer than she apparently realizes. :|
razr390

No more paper towels in the store. :thisisfine:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

razr390 wrote:No more paper towels in the store. :thisisfine:
That one is becoming a problem for me. I am :wasteful: and use those all of the time vs re-using a bunch of nasty cloth rags/napkins.
razr390

troyguitar wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:58 pm
razr390 wrote:No more paper towels in the store. :thisisfine:
That one is becoming a problem for me. I am :wasteful: and use those all of the time vs re-using a bunch of nasty cloth rags/napkins.
I am the same. I am thinking a set of some kitchen towels that we laundry more often...
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

There was a bit of an outbreak at the kids' daycare. On the morning of Nov 9th I was only a couple minutes away when we got a message saying a staff member had tested positive and the school was closed until further notice. No word about who the person was or the last time they were in the facility, other than it was someone who worked with the older kids in the actual preschool in a different part of the building. We were notified later that day that all of the staff were tested later that morning.

We found out on Thursday the 12th that one of the twins' teachers tested positive after hoping all week that the early childhood program wouldn't end up being impacted. The other teacher tested negative initially, but she got re-tested later after developing some mild symptoms and then tested positive herself too. We got tested on Tuesday the 10th with negatives across the board. The last day the girls were in school was the 6th, so we planned to quarantine until the 20th and then be back to "normal".

Well, overnight from Thursday to Friday the 20th, both girls started to run low grade fevers in the high 99.x range. Both are teething and I just figured that's what it was. But then by early afternoon I had a tickle in my throat and chest and started to get a low grade fever myself, with the typical body aches and chills, so I scrambled to find a testing location with a slot available that night. I managed to find one out in the sticks about 40 minutes away, but got in Friday night. Still waiting on test results.

Overnight Friday to Saturday I had the craziest chills I've ever from a fever. Tylenol barely made a dent for quite awhile, and I was shivering hard enough to shake the whole bed and keep my wife awake at 2am. My fever finally started to break about an hour after that, then I felt like I was in full-on menopause. I was super fatigued on Saturday and took two 2 hour naps thanks to my wonderful wife and mother (who's here to help with the kids while we try to work). By Sunday evening I was mostly back to normal and I even woke up at my normal 6am to go out to the garage and throw kettlebells around. But my sense of taste and smell are all but gone today, wife's are totally gone.

My mom is a day or two behind us on symptoms, she's just now starting to get some body aches, but she's from good stock, she'll be fine. Here's hoping this is COVID, because we haven't been fucking anywhere for two weeks and if this is all it ends up being, I'm down for brewing some 'rona antibodies in exchange for a couple days of body aches.
razr390

coogles wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:01 pm There was a bit of an outbreak at the kids' daycare. On the morning of Nov 9th I was only a couple minutes away when we got a message saying a staff member had tested positive and the school was closed until further notice. No word about who the person was or the last time they were in the facility, other than it was someone who worked with the older kids in the actual preschool in a different part of the building. We were notified later that day that all of the staff were tested later that morning.

We found out on Thursday the 12th that one of the twins' teachers tested positive after hoping all week that the early childhood program wouldn't end up being impacted. The other teacher tested negative initially, but she got re-tested later after developing some mild symptoms and then tested positive herself too. We got tested on Tuesday the 10th with negatives across the board. The last day the girls were in school was the 6th, so we planned to quarantine until the 20th and then be back to "normal".

Well, overnight from Thursday to Friday the 20th, both girls started to run low grade fevers in the high 99.x range. Both are teething and I just figured that's what it was. But then by early afternoon I had a tickle in my throat and chest and started to get a low grade fever myself, with the typical body aches and chills, so I scrambled to find a testing location with a slot available that night. I managed to find one out in the sticks about 40 minutes away, but got in Friday night. Still waiting on test results.

Overnight Friday to Saturday I had the craziest chills I've ever from a fever. Tylenol barely made a dent for quite awhile, and I was shivering hard enough to shake the whole bed and keep my wife awake at 2am. My fever finally started to break about an hour after that, then I felt like I was in full-on menopause. I was super fatigued on Saturday and took two 2 hour naps thanks to my wonderful wife and mother (who's here to help with the kids while we try to work). By Sunday evening I was mostly back to normal and I even woke up at my normal 6am to go out to the garage and throw kettlebells around. But my sense of taste and smell are all but gone today, wife's are totally gone.

My mom is a day or two behind us on symptoms, she's just now starting to get some body aches, but she's from good stock, she'll be fine. Here's hoping this is COVID, because we haven't been fucking anywhere for two weeks and if this is all it ends up being, I'm down for brewing some 'rona antibodies in exchange for a couple days of body aches.
You most likely had it. The loss of taste and smell is one of the most common symptoms reported by people that had it.
wap

coogles wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:01 pm There was a bit of an outbreak at the kids' daycare. On the morning of Nov 9th I was only a couple minutes away when we got a message saying a staff member had tested positive and the school was closed until further notice. No word about who the person was or the last time they were in the facility, other than it was someone who worked with the older kids in the actual preschool in a different part of the building. We were notified later that day that all of the staff were tested later that morning.

Dang.

Hope you all continue to recover ok. Glad it wasn't more serious than it was.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:09 pm Dang.

Thanks, me too. I've heard it's common to feel like you're out of the woods and then have it hit you again, but that also seems to be from people who had worse symptoms. Of the three adults in the house, it definitely hit me the hardest over those 48 hours or so.

Of course, this could end up not being covid, but then I'd have no idea how in hell we could've picked up something else.
wap

coogles wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:36 pm

Thanks, me too. I've heard it's common to feel like you're out of the woods and then have it hit you again, but that also seems to be from people who had worse symptoms. Of the three adults in the house, it definitely hit me the hardest over those 48 hours or so.

Of course, this could end up not being covid, but then I'd have no idea how in hell we could've picked up something else.
As :rudy: said, the fact that you lost taste and smell indicates a high likelihood that it was/is the 'Vid.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:59 pm As :rudy: said, the fact that you lost taste and smell indicates a high likelihood that it was/is the 'Vid.
For sure. Level changes hurt my head and my sinuses kinda burn still, but otherwise I’m feeling pretty close to 100%. Fingers crossed I’m about done with it.
razr390

Another positive case at our site :doomed:

Our company is recommending WFH from 11/27 to 12/6 at the minimum to mitigate holiday spread to the office.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

coogles wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:36 pm

Sure sounds like it to me, and the exposure the kids got seems pretty damn definite. Glad everyone is OK, I hope it stays that way!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

It's a good call. We had booked those FL flights, I'm glad we decided to bail. It is a dumb move. Video chat with the fam, see them another time.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:23 pm

Tell her she can fly out and stay there. :lolol:
Exactly. If she absolutely HAS TO GO, she can go and stay there for a month or so. She can get it, give it to her whole family, and they can all deal with it together. She can come back in the spring or so when it's out of her system, if it even works that way?

I'll be a lone giant in a hobbit hole in the ground on a hill for the winter. Sounds kind of :megusta: TBH.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:33 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:45 pm Being dramatic is the right amount of reaction. This is a dramatic time.
Agreed. Not the time for ‘business as usual.’
I'm actually shocked that airlines are packing planes full again. The virus has never been worse, and it's just business as usual NBD. We are incredibly screwed.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:40 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:39 pm
Exactly. If she absolutely HAS TO GO, she can go and stay there for a month or so. She can get it, give it to her whole family, and they can all deal with it together. She can come back in the spring or so when it's out of her system, if it even works that way?

I'll be a lone giant in a hobbit hole in the ground on a hill for the winter. Sounds kind of :megusta: TBH.
Sounds ideal man.
Would be the chillest winter ever. Work on the guitar, maybe enroll in some online schooling, get high watching the snow fall...lots of chill.
wap

Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:39 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:23 pm

Tell her she can fly out and stay there. :lolol:

That sounds absolutely phenomenal, tbh.